• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

The Red Chain

I wonder if they will switch them around just like in the old games..
    You know, Lugia in Gold, Ho-oh in Silver.

I'm sort of hoping not since I want to get SS, but I prefer Lugia over Ho-oh.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    That'd be cool. To have both, I mean.
    Would they be in the same place, you think? Or... in different places? Or.. would one be in the tower and the other running? :P
    Think of the possibilites :D :D They have a chance to have fun with this game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    I wonder if the Red Gyarados is gonna be kept, since it apparently made news appearances in Sinnoh.

And if they're gonna put the Odd Egg in the game.

And as a question, how will you get to the Whirl Islands if Whirlpool isn't a HM anymore?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • That'd be cool. To have both, I mean.
    Would they be in the same place, you think? Or... in different places? Or.. would one be in the tower and the other running? :P
    Think of the possibilites :D :D They have a chance to have fun with this game.
    Well in Silver the case was a level 45 Lugia in the whirl Island then after getting the Rainbow Wing in Pewter you would go to tin tower and get a level 70 Ho-oh. In gold it was level 45 Ho-oh Tin Tower level 70 Lugia in Whirl Islands. Thats what I love bout the games. They had seperate dungeons then oh gee one place.
    @ClassicRockFan:
    They will obviously take out both HM of Rock Climb and Defog to put back in Flash and Whirlpool. Sure flash is a TM but you can't hold TMs now can you. :P

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I hope that they keep the red Gyarados, and it's obtainable and you don't have to keep throwing balls and realise that it can't be caught :(

The Red Chain

Well in Silver the case was a level 45 Lugia in the whirl Island then after getting the Rainbow Wing in Pewter you would go to tin tower and get a level 70 Ho-oh. In gold it was level 45 Ho-oh Tin Tower level 70 Lugia in Whirl Islands

Oh wow, that's one thing about GS I didn't know.
    If only I had known that years ago..

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Actually, now that I think about it, they could implement a double battle with Lugia and Ho-Oh, like they did with Groudon and Kyogre in Emerald. A reason for this could be that double battles weren't possible until the third generation, right?

Then again, that's probably wrong. They'll both probably be in the same place as they were in the old games, and you'll need to get the two wings to reach them.

I wonder if the Red Gyarados is gonna be kept, since it apparently made news appearances in Sinnoh.

And if they're gonna put the Odd Egg in the game.

And as a question, how will you get to the Whirl Islands if Whirlpool isn't a HM anymore?

Yeah, it probably will be, but the story surrounding it might become slightly bigger. You have to remember that D/P/P and G/S/C all took place three years after R/B/Y, so it's possibly that the Red Gyarados migrated from Sinnoh to Johto.

Um, it might be remade into a HM for the game? And if it isn't, there'll definitely be new obstacles you'll have to overcome to reach Lugia.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • In previous games, you can't catch the Pokémon in Double Battles, so I don't think that will be the case.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Hopefully there won't be too many changes in GSDS. I would be incredibly happy if there were no Pokemon Contests featured in the game. I've never liked them. :l I've always thought they were boring and stupid, and just... pointless. D:

In my opinion, all I would want to see featured in the game would be the option of getting both Ho-oh and Lugia, and better graphics. I'm not really one for much change. If they have a total blowout, and cause it to feel like a totally different game from GS, I would be angry. What they made in 2000 was a huge hit, and everyone absolutely adored it. Why should they change much? It's just a risk of the fans not appreciating it as much as they did in 2000. If they added a whole load of crap to the the game, it would seem to over the top and the fans wouldn't appreciate it as much. All I'm hoping for is that most of the features in 2000 will stay the same, and that the creators won't go overboard with it.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Hopefully there won't be too many changes in GSDS. I would be incredibly happy if there were no Pokemon Contests featured in the game. I've never liked them. :l I've always thought they were boring and stupid, and just... pointless. D:
    Agreed,
    I think there are more girls doing the contests,so maybe they could do another gender thing, girls doing the contests, but would would the guys do?

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009

In my opinion, all I would want to see featured in the game would be the option of getting both Ho-oh and Lugia, and better graphics. I'm not really one for much change. If they have a total blowout, and cause it to feel like a totally different game from GS, I would be angry. What they made in 2000 was a huge hit, and everyone absolutely adored it. Why should they change much? It's just a risk of the fans not appreciating it as much as they did in 2000. If they added a whole load of crap to the the game, it would seem to over the top and the fans wouldn't appreciate it as much. All I'm hoping for is that most of the features in 2000 will stay the same, and that the creators won't go overboard with it.
    well, they could change a couple things to make it more DS- compatible but ya- i hope they don't change the overall basic idea of the story

I'd also hate to see contests. They're so pointless, but I'm sure they'll be back.
    sigh- unfortunately......i think they had contests for the little kid and girly side of the fans...... sigh.... i really do hate contests......

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Agreed,
    I think there are more girls doing the contests,so maybe they could do another gender thing, girls doing the contests, but would would the guys do?
    Mud wrestling? XD ahaha
    I never really liked the contests either.
    They just bugged me, and I really sucked at them.

Years
  • Wow, HGSS already has it's own place in PC. x3
    Well, I hope that we'll be able to go back to Kanto, it'd be cool to see Kanto in the DS. ^^

Agreed,

I honestly prefer battling than contests, but I know a guy who loves contests, so it's just about opinion.

Last edited:

<<Haruki Adachi>>

Oh how heroes have fallen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    one thing I am hoping for is a johto->kanto->Sinnoh travel
    Since one of the gym leaders in Johto can be found in DPP

no matter where in the party the starter will follow you unless it is in a box(like in yellow)

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • one thing I am hoping for is a johto->kanto->Sinnoh travel

no matter where in the party the starter will follow you unless it is in a box(like in yellow)

Including travel to every region would be ridiculous, unnecessary, and space-consuming.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    one thing I am hoping for is a johto->kanto->Sinnoh travel

I think Jasmine was only there to hint that GS remakes could happen; not to tell us that Sinnoh would appear in the GS remakes.

Back