• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I wanna say something to those of you who are complaining bout map changes. They didn't change em at all it seems. New Bark is still new Bark. Just it has more grass and the routes to each house is more fixed then just big emptiness.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    i hope when you go back to kanto they dont make it all messed up like in the orginal, with starting in like saffron and you have to find your way threw to the other citys, they should start off in pallet or viridian.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Doing that, you lose the essence that is G/S. The PokeGear is a part of Generation II that you just can't change; just like the PokeNav from Gen III and the Poketch from D/P/Pt.
    Although for most things I agree with the fact that most would have to be the same to be...well, a remake, such as the who Kanto coming back, and so forth, I think the Pokegear would probably see some changes of some sort in the end. =/ Maybe not in the case of getting apps from Goldenrod and all (heck, that's WAY too much like D/P/Pt -_-), but it probably wll get some additions to it. But it needs the redio.

I do hope that the Vs. Recorder makes the leap to HG/SS; though there may not be a facility to utilise it properly, (though in Crystal, there was a Battle Tower, if I'm not mistaken... maybe it can be utilised there?) it would be something nice to have on hand, for when you battle friends, etc.
    Depends really if we see this replace the Phone or not, or whether it kinda merges with the phone. (Having every trainer be able to call you? That'd be something, if a bit annoying if they called too often....XD).
    Another thing I'm looking forward to is the Bug Catching Contest; it was a unique thing that was never duplicated in any other Pokemon game... oh, and I'm hoping that the Safari Zone doesn't get closed down in the remake, like it was in the Generation II games. I understand that was done because of a glitch, back then... so maybe they'll be kind and let us have it, this time?
    Hear hear - Bug Catching comp was fun, although I also want the Safari zone to reopen. (And yes - it had been closed partly as it was the source of 'Glitch City' in RBY. They had maps and all for it, but took out the door and/or warp points to it). They'd have to change some minor things though, such as the whole Warden going overseas and never coming back to the Safari Zone, only having made the Bug Catching Competition instead. Maybe it'll be unlockable as a side quest or something?

(Actually, when I first played Silver I thought it was a side-quest that I could do to 'unlock' the Safari Zone, and hence I spent some time in the National Park looking for him after finding a sign there with a message, ending with 'THE WARDEN'. XD)
    That said, I think I'll respond to some of the posts that aren't sure about Kanto being in the game. In general, you break G/S if you don't have Kanto included in the game, because it expands into a kind of sub-story and gives you more to do than the average Pokemon game of present times. The multi-Region travel is one of the primary things that has made me want a G/S Remake for so long, so I really hope they don't scrap Kanto and ruin a large part of this remake for me, at least.

Maybe the Sevii Islands will make a return? Well, the Japanese release is coming out in the Fall, so I guess we've got plenty of time to wonder about it... XD

There is a lot I'm looking forward to from this game, but mostly to get back into using all my Generation II Pokemon again. I've really missed Johto.
    Somehow I don't get all of these calls to replace Kanto with the Orange Islands - I for one am curious to see Kanto again, 3 years after the events of FR/LG and all. And it was a big part of GSC - well, half of it anyway. But I reckon they will keep it - feeling kinda confident they will.

But... LONG LIVE JOHTO!

i hope when you go back to kanto they dont make it all messed up like in the orginal, with starting in like saffron and you have to find your way threw to the other citys, they should start off in pallet or viridian.
    One started from Vermillion City. The thing is though, if they don't do it like that, than they'd have to make up another way to do it besides using the ship which you unlock after beating the Elite Four. I kinda liked it though - it let me explore Kanto more or less my own way.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2012

You have a point that was quite annoying that once you got to Kanto you had to start in Saffron. I hope the Battle Tower will be included in HG and SS!

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    You know what I always wanted in a Pokemon Video Game?

A main character that could actually talk. ):

Call me crazy, but still. As I speculate through each new generation/game that comes out, that never happens. ;__;
    actually, what would be fun is more voice activity- like yes or no, blue, green, red being able to call the pokemons name- that would be pretty fun! i always wanted a talking character, but being able to talk AS the character would be even better!

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Has someone already mentioned this?
    In Silver/Gold there was a mystery gift..So will that mean these will have the mystery gift?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    You started off in Vermillion and it was all cause of the port. There is no technical way to actually start in Pallet Town and Nah I don't want to start in Viridian. Blue should always stay the final leader. Anyway I am expect the running shoes to be given after the theft. I mean you go back and forth through all that and then again plus more without running shoes? Tedious! Anyway I wanna post bigger yet burrier pics.
    HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

I love the doors and how they look Like from Japan and all with the slit. I also like that the mailbox falls under the roog and doesn't look like its as tall as the house. Also those are surely vents so I really hop the underground comes along. I wonder whats upstairs...
    HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

I love the detail for the roofs and all the windmilles. Also Golds sprite is excellent. It seems to me that the maps are the same just they make it look more filled and all with the grass patches around the houses then a desolate garbage dump. I cannot wait to see the likes of cherrygrove violet and goldenrod. As well as Eucrateak the radio tower and of course the lightous. Overall I expect many map additions like the windmills so yeah. Long live speculation until further screens!

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    -DELETED-
    Edit: what i meant to say was in D/P i think i saw Brendan- That Could Be A Hint That You Can Go To The Third Region In HG, SS

Last edited:

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    What good would Hoenn do? It would just be an unnecessary risk to add that would do nothing but make the game longer. It's not needed at all. o_o GS already has the Kanto Gyms to blow through after you've beaten the Elite Four, which is all I believe is needed. Hoenn would just be... no. :x

If the Hoenn region was added, it would be a big turnoff to me. It would make me that much less persuasive to buy it.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Not to mention that suddenly going to add yet another full region into it would be odd for them to do. They already will get even more sales out of the whole 2-regions thing if they choose to keep it (and IMO they should and will), and Hoenn being added would then have a high potential to hinder them if they wished to make a one-region game involving Hoenn down the track some time. It's just something that's unlikely and unfeasible to happen.

But people are going to say all sorts of stuff in the coming weeks and months. Heck, you should have seen stuff that was said in the lead-up to DP all over the place, and after it too. Ah, the madness... I'd suggest getting used to it, and prepared to remind people why some stuff is unlikely to happen a few times, I guess.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    Well, we can expect more news this week, a Japanese Magazine (CoroCoro?? I think thats it) Is suppose to have an article on it.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Yep, new news, on... the 15th if I remember correctly. Expect maybe some small snipits of news, but nothing major, I'd say - they'd want to space out info they give out as well.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Yeah, I doubt very much that Hoenn will play a part in the new games. Hopefully they'll stay true to the old games and they'll just include Johto and Kanto. Three regions would be absolute overkill.

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    What good would Hoenn do? It would just be an unnecessary risk to add that would do nothing but make the game longer. It's not needed at all. o_o GS already has the Kanto Gyms to blow through after you've beaten the Elite Four, which is all I believe is needed. Hoenn would just be... no. :x

If the Hoenn region was added, it would be a big turnoff to me. It would make me that much less persuasive to buy it.
    good point- ya, i take back what i said

The Red Chain

Same same, I would also be turned off by the idea of going to Hoenn.
    I think most of us didn't like that region very much to begin with.. other than the Battle Frontier that is.

Having to go through 2 extra regions in HGSS, namely Kanto and Hoenn, would be more like a second job than fun in my opinion.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I think that it would be more better if it was longer, and then people wouldn't complain that it wasn't long enough :S

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Yep, new news, on... the 15th if I remember correctly. Expect maybe some small snipits of news, but nothing major, I'd say - they'd want to space out info they give out as well.
    The magazine comes in on the 15th. That surely will not stop scans to be in by tomorrow. And I expect a page or 2 of info. Like the art of the trainers and the first route or something. Maybe a battle screen to see how the interface looks.

The Red Chain

I think that it would be more better if it was longer, and then people wouldn't complain that it wasn't long enough :S

It would be nice to have Kanto, but adding Hoenn onto the 'to do list' as well is really pushing people's patience limit.

Meh, everyone has their own opinion.

Back