• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Including travel to every region would be ridiculous, unnecessary, and space-consuming.
    And it'd take even more time to make the game when there's already a good enough game being made in the process :P

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    No! Don't make it more time before I can purchase this!
    I think people are just gonna have to accept that there probably will never be a game with all regions, and stop making threads about it.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I think people are just gonna have to accept that there probably will never be a game with all regions, and stop making threads about it.
    Keep hoping then - it's going to continue until the end of time, and you know it! =P

I wonder if those people whose names related to days of the week and who gave you type-boosting items (like Magnet) come back or not. That was a small yet nice feature I liked. Also just how much of the Ruins of Alph stays the same - down to the mysterious noises that played on a channel on the radio when you were there, and the pokedex upgraded section just for them, for instance?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I wonder if those people whose names related to days of the week and who gave you type-boosting items (like Magnet) come back or not. That was a small yet nice feature I liked.
    Agreed.
    I liked that too.
    It was a nice touch out of many nice touches that made Gold and Silver great games.
    I'm hoping they keep some of those.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Keep hoping then - it's going to continue until the end of time, and you know it! =P

I wonder if those people whose names related to days of the week and who gave you type-boosting items (like Magnet) come back or not. That was a small yet nice feature I liked. Also just how much of the Ruins of Alph stays the same - down to the mysterious noises that played on a channel on the radio when you were there, and the pokedex upgraded section just for them, for instance?
    Oh the week people! Yeah loved them. And the ruins of alph surely. I want the puzzles on the screen. Anyway those quick to jump original costumes! look closely you blind people! Golds hat is updated. Cannot see? Now its black with a yellow stripe. Same colors. Just different pattern. So I cannot wait to see the clothes. ^_^

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Oh the week people! Yeah loved them.
    I wonder if there are more people like them in this remake. Yeah, like someone one needs to find to get a King Rock.

And the ruins of alph surely. I want the puzzles on the screen.
    It'll be fun trying to solve it. I hope they'll make it more challenging.

Anyway those quick to jump original costumes! look closely you blind people! Golds hat is updated. Cannot see? Now its black with a yellow stripe. Same colors. Just different pattern. So I cannot wait to see the clothes. ^_^
    Hmm? We all just have to wait and see the official image of the player. One can't get all the details from just one sprite.

Sadly, this is true.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I wonder if there are more people like them in this remake. Yeah, like someone one needs to find to get a King Rock.

Nah. the original 7 were great. No need for more of them.

It'll be fun trying to solve it. I hope they'll make it more challenging.

Well because of the bigger screen and more detail they could put in it pehaps a more detail puzzle and more pieces?

Hmm? We all just have to wait and see the official image of the player. One can't get all the details from just one sprite.

Yes true but at least we know his hate is new.

Sadly, this is true.
    And sadly this comes with a wave of new users who never research until they are experienced with the net.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The Kimono Girls, I wounder if there will be two added for Leafeon & Glaceon.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    There were already people in weird/hidden places half the time to give you the other items - like Kings Rock >>> someone in Slowpoke Well, and IIRC there was a Soft Sand given by people south of Goldenrod by surfing south to a hidden beach.
    And sadly this comes with a wave of new users who never research until they are experienced with the net.
    They'll learn soon enough - remember it happens all the time and everywhere - and that sometimes educating people can be fun. =P

And I'd expect two more Kimono girls, yes.

Other minor stuff - Unowns - will the two new ones since GSC have any importance (! and ?)? Hmm... nothing too special, methinks, although maybe a separate room or something.
    I wonder if the ferry that takes you to Kanto and back will return as well, along with the Magnet train. I reckon those will, personally... haircuts, the Miltank Farm... (and the mini-quest there too? Depends if the miltanks like Oran Berries which will probably replace Berries)... the Headbutt trees, RageCandyBars (actually saw minor side use in the Rocket plot and as a barrier - couldn't pass someone who was selling them until you beat Pyrce), the Beserk Gene (that'll possible remain as a hidden item by Mewtwo's cave if it remains closed in the game as it was in GSC)...

I made a large post involve a fair amount of small stuff actually. I remember too much. XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Found something:
    In the Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver remakes, Nintendo DS users will receive a lot of new additions, new elements, and of course, a new Pokemon.
    Source

Just thought it was a bit interesting... Someone could have already posted this... Oh well... =P

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    The Kimono Girls, I wounder if there will be two added for Leafeon & Glaceon.
    I wonder that too. I don't about this. Half of me wants Nintendo to create this remake with only 251, but the other half wants some Pokémons like these two Eeveelutions to appear...

Nah. the original 7 were great. No need for more of them.
    Meh, I'm content with that if they stick to the original seven.

Well because of the bigger screen and more detail they could put in it pehaps a more detail puzzle and more pieces?
    It's possible.

Yes true but at least we know his hate is new.
    Hopefully, we'll learn more about their design.

They'll eventually learn.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    i hate that japan get the games first...yes i know they make them but i mean for a remake they could at least release them both at the same time. cause everyone wants them badly and we have to wait longer.

Aliandro Operator

The Operator
    Years
    Contests? No PLEASE! If they would include em, I hope there is no unlockable in the end such as in RSE in the museum of art. I hated Contests so much that I used an AR just to get through em quick and see my Pokemon in the museum.

If your talking about gender specific in-game side-quests, I think it would be nice, but kinda unfair. After all different people like different things. BUT!!! Perhaps like this: A gender specific side-quest that can be unlocked and completed by the opposite gender via quest of some sort. Whatcha think?

Hoenn? In GSDS? No. Please, just no. I honestly enjoyed Hoenn a lot. I probably put in 250-300 hours there alone! But I can't say am not pissed at Nintendo for not making a Pokemon game with all the regions. Probably not for a handheld console, but for Wii. I would LOVE it if it would be on a handheld, and dont tell me anything about a space issue. They are using flash cards basically. Last I checked, a very long time ago, they got em up to 4 GB. So yea, memory wouldn't be a problem at all.

As for where to start in Kanto, I honestly didn't have any problems with starting in Saffron. Infact, it was kinda nice. It wouldn't be logical to start in Viridian or Pallet. One of the reasons is that guy at the Indigo Platue doesn't move until you beat the Elite Four, but then again, once he does nothing is stopping you. But I never tried it. Pallet just wouldn't be a possible starting point.

As for the white rock, I doubt it would be another Shaymin event. A possible proof would be the one in Hoenn. It didn't really do anything. It was just there for some reason as far as I know. It would be great if it lead to one of the unobtainables in the past like Celebi or Mew. I would personally prefer to get Celebi as there is no other way to get it other than.. Wait, IS there a way to get it?... Hmm.. OH! Yea, the Japanese bonus disk that came with the Japanese Colosium. I think Mew is just a tiny bit overrated. But I must say.. Its on cute Pokemon. x.x;! I named mine in brown Kawaii. <<; >|
    And yea, them item people were a wonderful addition. They MUST make a comeo. I DEMAND it! x.x;

Oh, I almost forgot. About the Red Gyarados, my little brother is one presistant guy and he caught one in the first lake in Pearl with a rod I think. But it MUST, it MUST make a comeback in GSDS. Its a vital part of the story. If its not there, then the whole meeting Lance and kicking TR's behind would not be possible.

Edit: New Pokemon? Whatcha think its gonna be?

The Operator.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Found something:
    Source

Just thought it was a bit interesting... Someone could have already posted this... Oh well... =P

I think I heard about this before. This however I find suspicious. It's a random news articles in an untrustworthy location (in that it's not a major Pokemon site or anything like that), is thrown in just like that with no warning as well... seems iffy, and basically all random info not from official sources should be treated with caution. I wouldn't believe it yet, and it makes WAY more sense for them to hold out on new Pokemon until next gen. And there are other reasons I could go over.

Not impossible, but given the nature of this and all atm I doubt it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i hate that japan get the games first...yes i know they make them but i mean for a remake they could at least release them both at the same time. cause everyone wants them badly and we have to wait longer.
    Not done as first they'd have to translate to english for the US release, and some other stuff as well. Then there's the delay between the US and Australia/New Zealand/Europe/Everywhere else due to other translating, and necessarily changes whcih has something to do with code and regions and stuff like that. If you heard about games being in 'PAL' and 'NTUS' (bah know I got the latter wrong there, am tired), then they change that from one to the other. Necessary and all, and hence why the delays happens.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    I'm sure whatever they do it will be awesome just like the originals.
    I'm glad the starter Pokémon will follow you :)
    I'd like to see a remake of Pokémon Yellow after this is released.
    I'm thinking way ahead of myself lol.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    There were already people in weird/hidden places half the time to give you the other items - like Kings Rock >>> someone in Slowpoke Well, and IIRC there was a Soft Sand given by people south of Goldenrod by surfing south to a hidden beach.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about them. >.>

Maybe they are talking about celebi? Considering the U.S. never got it...
    Don't get your hopes up. Most likely, they would release Celebi in an event of some kind.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Does anyone think the day care egg with a 50% chance of being shiny will be present in the game? I''m hoping so.

Back