• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
Years
  • Current goals

Vulpix: 523 dexnav
    Caterpie : 330 eggs
    New mauville : 898 hordes

After a few tough days shiny wise I got fed up with the Vulpix hunt, so decided to do some hordes will watching some tv series. Hordes being the easiet to do will watching tv.

I manged to get myself a zubat in 29 hordes. That was a quick one so I thought why not go for a second hordes from which I have no pokemon.

I started horde hunting in new mauville with magnemite & voltorb, two shinies I don't have. After 613 hordes I managed to get a shiny voltorb. After that find I decided to keep going in new mauville, because I still need the evolved kind of both & magnemite ofcourse.

I also decided to try the pokeradar in XY, because I used to be good at it in platinum. I were a stressful few hours with a lot of broken chains, trying to get the hang of it. But than it happend I managed a chain above 15, didn't get highr before the chain kept going and when I hit 30 my shiny patch appeared.
    I was exstatic finally my golden worm Caterpie in a 30rd chain.

I tried to get going but at 35 I stepped into a decoy patch and that was it for the chain, so I'll have to try again to get me some more caterpie to evolve and complete the line. :)

Proof of the shinies

uspeO04.jpg

ZHaOLqv.jpg

Z5dRLmH.jpg

As always good hunting to all, sending shiny vibes ^^

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
  • ^^ I need them vibes now though. I uhh... Took a quick break from the wimpod couldn't get that pooper. Now hunting... Giratina in Gen 4 platinum.
    Really. Wish me luck. I beg of you.

Midnight Umbreon

Years
  • OH MY FREAKING GOSH!!!! MY FIRST EVER LEGIT SHINY HUNT!!!! AND UNDER 1000 SRs!!!!!!! I am shaking all over right now!!! Freaking shiny giratina!!!!! also my first ever shiny legend that I caught. Oh my gosh. I do not even. Had to use master ball, ran out of all my others. Dialga and palkia will be a pain in the butt. But Shiny freaking giratina!!!!!! I was watching a shiny hunt video, and I got it at the EXACT same time as they did.

Attachments

• IMG_20180911_222621_hdr.jpg
      IMG_20180911_222621_hdr.jpg
      198.8 KB · Views: 4

Midnight Umbreon

Years
  • Ok. I have begun my next hunt. for shiny Azelf. So far, no sparkles. But it won't evade me forever. Anyway, thanks for the luck. And I'll attempt to pick up more of your vibes Mr. Torchic

Darkpoké0011

User of the Dark-Type
    Years
  • Last time I posted I here I was using my old account. It's been awhile. Back shiny hunting, (with shiny Umbreon, my pride and joy) and I'm going back to ORAS to try and get my first Dexnav (tried lots but one never materialised).

Recieved a shiny Flygon in wonder trade a couple days back though?? it did look a bit suspect though so I let it go, despairingly.

-Edit- After staying up to almost 3am and after 401 search levels for Pidgeotto, I finally found a shiny one! my first Dexnav shiny, and I'm so glad I didn't give up (was close to doing so).

Last edited:

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
    Years
  • Vulpix: 523 dexnavs
    new mauville: 1091 hordes

So I decided to keep chaining now that I got the hang of it. Found a pidgey at a chain of 11. Named it Filippe to commemorate a friend that has recently passed away. May he rest in peace.

After the pidgey I went back to santelune forest to get more caterpie and a weedle for my dex. I used the pokeradar, went into the first patch (non shiny normal patch) and BAM shiny catrepie out of the blue. I continued the chain and after a while it broke on a pansear, making me reset my game. I compleetly forgot about the caterpie I caught causing it to be gone in the data, goofbye caterpie.

Well I just keep on chaining to get more, to complete my evolution lines for weedle and caterpie

Proof of shinies

CU4yHLN.jpg

As always keep on hunting a sending shiny vibes!! ^^

Darkpoké0011

User of the Dark-Type
    Years
  • Been having a busy weekend, but on Friday I managed to Dexnav up a Shiny Larvesta in a mirage spot! took around 120 chains but eventually it popped up. Shiny Volcarona looks really cool??.

tmp-cam--2127058446.jpg

tmp-cam-1282273384.jpg

Last edited:

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
    Years
  • Vulpix: 523 dexnavs
    Sandshrew: 505 hordes
    Magnemite: 51 dexnavs

Finally new mauville yielded the next shiny another voltorb. I evolved into an electrode completing the evolution line. Now that I completed the voltorb line, I'll just dexnav for magnemite so I don't get any more voltorb.

UPDATE

Dexnaving magnemite isn't the easiest thing to do with them having the sturdy ability, but I managed to get myself a magnemite after 119 dexnavs, I'm continueing the hunt to get another one, to complete the evolution line.

Proof of shinies

e3tv8Di.jpg

JiJ1Pa2.jpg

Spoiler:

Congrats on the volcarona! :D

As always good luck on the hunts, sending shiny vibes ^^

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • Hey SHC!! I wasn't able to post for a while there since I was super busy with school, and then I went to Seattle to find a Mariners T-shirt...their letters are really shiny!!! :laugh: And do I ever have shiny news - not only did I find one shiny during the last couple of months, but I actually managed to find two!!!!!

What was the first shiny I found? Why, it was a shiny Chikorita!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "lol" what else did you think it was going to be??? :pink_laugh: I've honestly lost track of how many shiny Chikorita I have now...I think this one is like, 5, maybe? :laugh-squinted: :pink_boogie: :boogie: :pink_laugh: I love collecting these things!!! Chikorita's one of my absolute favorite Pokémon (as in, top 5 all-time!), so I'm always thrilled to add another one, "lol!" So now I have like 5 shiny Chikorita, 3 shiny Totodile (I think!), and no shiny Cyndaquil! I've already traded Holly - this Chikorita was female!!! - to SoulSilver and reset to keep on the hunt! Cyndaquil's my all-time favorite Pokémon (as in, like, #1, hahahahaha!) and the SRs don't take long, so I'm going to keep hunting until I have three shiny Cyndaquil as well. I really love the Johto starters and always defend them in the "best starter set" debates, so I certainly don't mind getting more of these things, hahahahahahahaha!

Holly was Johto starter #4389, and I found her on July 27th, 2018 at 2:06 AM.

But that's not all!!!
    There's more!

When I was flying back from Seattle to Boston, I continued my shiny hunts (as I did on the plane ride there, and lots of other times too, "lol!")! I was looking for that alleged shiny Sableye in Challenger's Cave in Black, and I ran into...

SHINY WOOBAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woot woot!!! "lol" another shiny Woobat for me!! This concludes Phase II of my Sableye hunt, and now I have two shiny Woobat to show for it!! That shiny Sableye gets closer every day*!!! As for Woobat, I named him PDT 553, since I caught him at 5:53 Pacific Daylight Time**, and there was no way I was going to remember that for the whole plane ride without a computer to write that into a text file so I'd have the info for my next post at the SHC, "lol!" At first I thought it'd just be a temporary thing and that I'd give him a real nickname after I got off the plane and made this post, but it actually sounds kinda cool...like a secret agent name or something! :happy2:

I caught PDT 553 on September 26th, just north of Bismarck, North Dakota. That's my first shiny caught in North Dakota airspace!!! "lol" I bet there aren't too many of those! :laugh-squinted: It came exactly on encounter #5300 of Phase II, and encounter #23833 of my Sableye hunt overall. :pink_eek:

*Well, technically it doesn't, with the independence of Bernoulli randomly distributed events and all...but, y'know, I could get away with saying that if you think about a future G-Money (OMG future G-Money is so cool!!!! :tongue-poke: ) who definitely catches that infamous shiny Sableye, and then the present G-Money is getting closer to catching that shiny not because the shiny is physically, geographically, or mathematically getting closer, but because present G-Money is getting closer to future G-Money, and because future G-Money is super cool and awesome (I mean, he's from the future!!!), present G-Money is becoming even more super cool and awesome than he already is (y'all didn't think that was even possible, did you? MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!), and so present G-Money is certain to find that shiny Sableye...in the future!!! :pink_laugh:

**I know that North Dakota isn't in the Pacific Time Zone, but my watch was still set to that!! I wasn't going to change my watch for like half an hour or whatever while the plane was in each time zone, and "CDT 753" is like a bazillion times lamer than "PDT 553" as a name for a cool flying lime-green bat shiny!!!

I've only made 5 posts this year (gosh, has the Curse afflicted me!?!?), so here's a brief recap of my hunting status:

Primary Goal: Shiny Ghost Quest

I'm trying to get shiny Sableye in Challenger's Cave in Black, which has a 1/81920 chance, "lol!" Now that it's fall, I'm going to do a little bit of hunting for Pumpkaboo and Phantump in X, too! One day, I'll have all of the shiny Ghosts!! Then I'll be able to surround myself with shiny Ghosts as I laugh maniacally and make evil plans to conquer worlds!!! ALL THE SHINY GHOSTS!!!!!

Perpetual Secondary Hunt: Snivy

I like to dual-hunt or triple-hunt with multiple DSes at once, so I'm pretty much always SRing for Snivy on my second DS alongside whatever I'm hunting, "lol." I'm up to 7864 SRs for Snivy on White, and once I get it, I'll probs go for Oshawott and Tepig to continue down my starter tree. Then I'll just need Cyndaquil, Turtwig, the GenVI starters, the GenVII starters, the GenVIII starters, and the GenIX starters, and then I'll have all of them! If GenX gets released before I get all my starters...well, then future G-Money will just go out and catch shinies of all the GenX starters too, hahahahaha!

Setup Hunt: HeartGold

I really, really, really love how the Pokémon follow you around in HeartGold and SoulSilver, so for a long time, I've really wanted HG to be my primary hunting game, so then I'd get to have all my shinies there follow me around and be super awesome and all, haha! But first, I need to get my three shiny Cyndaquil - so that I can have one of each! - and then maybe SR one final time for shiny Chikorita (#509 by that point, "lol!") to play the game with and get tons of cool shinies. The Johto pokes are generally my faves, so I'm really looking forward to having a cool shiny team to follow me around, hahaha! So for now, my tertiary hunt is SRing for the Johto starters in HG.

Good luck to everyone on all of your shiny hunts, be they your primary, secondary, tertiary, or whatever hunts!!! Congrats on all the new shinies, and may the future yous have more shinies than the present yous!!! :tongue-poke:

SHINY GHOST HYPE!

"lol"

DarkTorchic

Chaining Master ;)
    Years
  • Vulpix: 600 dexnavs
    Sandshrew 650 hordes

Managed to get myself another magnemite, dang that sturdy ability. Got this sucker at 213 dexnavs. Evolved it to a magneton, completing the gen I evolution line.

UPDATE

Caught myself a sandshrew at 652 hordes, keeping up the horde hunt to get a second one.

wlPRqin.jpg

afCwYTt.jpg

Spoiler:

AH the master himself returns ^^
    Congrats on those shinies G and good luck on the future hunts.

Sending shiny vibes to all ^^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I haven't posted since the Smoochum, I have been shiny hunting since then.

I lost my Omega Ruby game in July but found it again in September.

I continued my hunt for Cacnea and Baltoy #2 and got a shiny Sandshrew in 426 Dexnav's and then shiny Cacnea in 502 Dexnav's both on Sept 17th. I don't need the Sandshrew but typically encounter every Pokemon that pops up. Was worried about Cacnea having Sticky Barb so just threw a quick ball and it caught.

I've been double full odds random encounter hunting for Exeggcute in Azure Bay and Jynx and Haunter in Frost Cavern. I'm at 2021 for Exeggcute and 2470 for Jynx/Haunter

I've also done some friend safari hunts again, found a 3rd shiny Volbeat, a 2nd shiny Dedenne and a shiny Gothorita in 450 FS encounters.

Last edited:

Darkpoké0011

User of the Dark-Type
    Years
  • I've just turned on Pokémon Moon, and I was surfing on Ula Ula Island, and my FIRST wild encounter of the day was a Shiny Tentacool?!! I've only ever had a small few actual random encounter shinies (not hunting) and although there's better shinies (I found one on Omega Ruby too) it's my first I've find in the wild on Moon! A really nice suprise as I wasn't haven't a very good day.

Darkpoké0011

User of the Dark-Type
    Years
  • tmp-cam-1143566445.jpg

tmp-cam-1208235711.jpg

Guys I have AMAZING News!!!! I decided to hunt my first shiny legendary (normally get S/Ring for me gets very tedious) and after just over a HUNDRED S/Rs I encountered a SHINY KYUREM!! I false swiped it with Scizor and it literally refused to he caught and I was so scared of it using struggle after chucking 40- 50 balls at it I resorted to the Master Ball (never would've forgave myself for losing this) I'm currently over the moon as you can imagine and am feeling so lucky������������������

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I don't think I've got any new Shinies to show-off, but here's a little game that I thought some of my fellow Shiny-hunters might enjoy. It's meant to be sort of like those games where you use random Pokémon generator to make your team, but is instead determined by your full-odds Shiny encounters.

JFlbfA6.jpg

I think this would be my team. It was tough choosing only six, but in the end, I ruled-out a couple on account of not being able to visualize myself having them IRL (like Froslass and A-Sandslash).

mothim.gif
    wartortle.gif
    lickitung.gif
    furret.gif
    porygon2.gif
    misdreavus.gif

Shiny Mothim: For a little over a year, I haven't been able to help but imagine Mothim as my partner in the Pokémon world. I've been interested in moths and taking photos of different intriguing species for the past four years or so. I chose to keep it as my Shiny not only because it's my favorite aesthetic Shiny, but also because I actually have seen a moth over this time with colors seemingly unusual for its species.

Wartortle: My favorite Pokémon design. One could even say that Squirtle was my Starter Pokémon. It may not have been my first in the games, but it was supposedly my first Pokémon toy (in the form of a candy dispenser). I also remember catching a turtle when I was younger and keeping it as a pet (though I ended up turning it loose).

Lickitung: My original favorite and still a very special and nostalgic Pokémon to me.

Furret: Sentret (non-Shiny) was the first Pokémon I ever caught in the games, so I feel that Furret fits. I also think it would be adorable IRL.

Porygon2: I feel that the Porygon line would be like virtual pets, but with actual consciousness. I could imagine it going back and forth between a computer or handheld device and the real world. (I was actually tempted to choose Magneton here since I used to daydream about having a Magnemite IRL, but with as much as I like using electronics, that may not be a healthy Pokémon to have around!)

Misdreavus: This one might be too spooky for me IRL, but it's such a cutie in 2D! I don't know why, but I remember fantasizing about training Ghost-Type Pokémon. It wasn't until I found a Shiny Misdreavus in VC Gold that I started seeing it as a potential partner though.

I'll likely change this team if I ever complete the hunts I've currently got my eyes on. I need a cat-like Pokémon.

Last edited:

G-Money

Years
  • OMG SHINY CYNDAQUIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

My favorite Pokémon!!!!! In shiny!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BOO-YEAH!!!!!! Shiny Cyndaquil is mine!!!!! Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaa!!!!!! :pink_boogie:

Yeah! I found shiny Cyndaquil at 10:03 PM on October 12th, 2018. I now have all of the shiny Johto starters!!!!! I wasn't counting the SRs. This is super awesome - the one Pokémon I wanted most, and I now have it shiny!!! :nod: Oh yeah!

I've already traded it over to SoulSilver and hard reset to begin the hunt for my next shiny Cyndaquil. Just two more, and then I'll be able to have all its forms and begin my real HG save file! Then will begin my SHINEOUT!!!

Since it's fall, I've resumed my hunt on X in Mélancolie Path, searching for shiny Pumpkaboo and Phantump for Halloween. I have 6003 encounters already from past years, but maybe this year one of 'em will shine! :pink_love: As always, my other two hunts are Snivy and Challenger's Cave. Cyndaquil's yet another shiny I've caught while looking at non-shiny Snivy on my other DS, "lol!"

...here's a little game that I thought some of my fellow Shiny-hunters might enjoy. It's meant to be sort of like those games where you use random Pokémon generator to make your team, but is instead determined by your full-odds Shiny encounters.

JFlbfA6.jpg

What a fantastic idea!! It's been, like, forever since we've had a club topic (probs over a decade, "lol!"), and this is an amazing thing. I'm totally playing!!!

Here's what my team would be:

misdreavus.gif
    cyndaquil.gif
    chikorita.gif
    bulbasaur.gif
    mankey.gif
    mantyke.gif

The first three were super easy for me to decide, and then I figured out the fourth one not long after, but 5 and 6 took me a while to think about. I actually had to go look through all the shinies I've gotten and really reflect on which ones I'd like to have walking around with me. Luckily my sig was updated relatively recently (like, within the last three years, haha!)! :laugh-squinted:

Shiny Misdreavus: Misdreavus was super easy. If I could have any one Pokémon, this'd probably be it. Not only is it super cool, but it's also emblematic of Ghost-types and Ghost trainers, and it's fitting for me to have a Ghost shiny, since I'm the guy who's out looking for shiny Ghosts. Of course, I'd def pick it to be my shiny, since shiny Misdreavus looks incredibly cool - I mean, it's a floating gold Ghost!!! How awesome is that, right? :pink_laugh: And also, it's the perfect size to have as a Pokémon partner. You wouldn't want something like a Wailord or a Cutiefly accompanying you down the street! :laugh:

Cyndaquil: OMG did you guys know I have a shiny Cyndaquil??? :tongue-poke: I'm so glad icycatelf came up with this now, since just a couple of days ago I wouldn't have been able to have my favorite Pokémon with me, haha! Cyndaquil would definitely be my starter, and anytime I think about what Poké I'd have beside me on a journey, it's always Cyndaquil. Like Misdreavus, he's the perfect size, and having a cute thing walking alongside you whose back can spontaneously ignite into a wicked-awesome flame is just the dopest thing ever.

Chikorita: Chikorita is right up there in my top 3 favorites ever, and it's just super amazing. It's, again, a perfect size for walking alongside a trainer, and I bet Razor Leaf would look amazing irl. The necklace kinda thing around Chikorita's neck looks really cool, and having four tiny legs makes for a cool traveling companion.

Bulbasaur: I know I already have a small Grass-type on my team, but Bulba is just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too cool to leave off. This was a no-brainer for me, as Bulbasaur fits my criteria perfectly and seems like a really cool Pokémon to have around. I think that Bulbasaur was one of Ash's best Pokémon in the anime, and in my opinion, it's probably the most underrated Pokémon overall. I mean, a dinosaur/plant thing that can basically shoot laser beams from its back??? And shoot leaves at opponents and whip them with vines??? Too cool. Irl, I think those attributes would really play up, and I would absolutely love to see a Solar Beam irl, haha. It would be so cool! Bulbasaur's #1!

Now this is where it really gets hard. I came up with ten Pokémon for these last two spots, "lol!" My favorite among them is by far Beldum, but I wouldn't want that to be my companion. I'd want my Pokémon to follow me around outside their PokéBalls, and I just can't imagine a Beldum walking by my side down the sidewalk, haha.

Mankey: This is a pretty unconventional choice for me since I don't particularly like Mankey or even consider it among my 100 faves overall, but I think it fits nicely for an irl team. It's that perfect size to have as a pet who'll follow you around a region (size seems to be my primary criterion, "lol"), and as a Fighting-type, it helps balance the team quite a bit by adding a new type that can hit Normals and Darks pretty hard. I considered Hitmonchan for this spot, but 1) it's too tall ("lol") and 2) it seems like more of a late-game Poké, whereas I like having lots of evolvable early-gamers on my team that stick with me for the whole run, so I can kinda bond with them and see them grow over the course of the journey. Mankey fits that bill pretty well, since you can get him on the second available route in FRLG and he can evolve into a very usable, late-game-viable battler.

Mantyke: Another weird choice from me! This one was really hard, and I considered a bunch of possibilities: Shuppet, Litwick, Spiritomb, Golett, Mudkip, Koffing, and Mantyke were the finalists. Shuppet was my first hunted shiny and I spent hundreds of hours looking for it before I had even confirmed that shinies could really be hunted, and it's also that perfect size (OMG I had no idea how much size mattered for irl teams...like, it's something I've literally never thought about in the games - not even once! - but it's a major component for this analysis, hahahaha!) and it has a super-cool crystalline color, but I already am carrying a pretty weak Ghost on my team, so I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to compete in trainer battles carrying two small Ghosts and two small Grasses. That eliminates Shuppet, Spiritomb, Golett, and Litwick. Litwick's fire would have been useful, but even though its Special Attack isn't all that bad in the games, irl I'd imagine it as just having that weak little flame on top, and that'd be super weak, haha. Koffing would be cool because it fits the size criterion and it's more of a status specialist that can help catch new Pokémon and weaken strong opponents so my sweepers could take them out, but I ultimately went with Mantyke. I wanted a Water-type to cover my weakness to Fire (carrying two Grass is a really bad idea, "lol!" ...but I just can't give up on either Chiko or Bulba), so it came down to Mudkip or Mantyke. Mudkip is probably in my top-10 overall and I've played multiple Hoenn runs with it as my partner, but I already have two starters on my team and there's one other factor to consider: familiarity. I've literally never used Mantyke or Mantine in any capacity whatsoever, so I really don't know anything about them. In contrast, I've played like hundreds of hours with Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert on my team, and I like trying out new Pokémon I've never used before. So I think it would be a fun change to try out cool Pokés I'm not familiar with like Mantyke and Mankey for a fun new adventure! :happy:

"lol" that went way longer than I intended, haha. But it was super fun thinking it through! Looking back like that really makes me appreciate my shinies more in a way I'd never thought about. Maybe if some of you guys want we could try having a battle on like Showdown or Wifi sometime with the teams we made, haha. It could encourage us to go out and start hunting OU shinies! :pink_laugh:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Super awesome congrats on that Cyndaquil, and good luck getting two more to complete the line! I personally love Shiny Quilava, at least with the shade of brown used on its 3DS model. Good luck on your Phantump/Pumpkaboo hunt as well!

Fun team! Your explanations make mine look lazy. I don't think the height factor of Hitmonchan really bother me that much, but its humanoid qualities would probably make me uncomfortable (one of the reasons I can't see myself with Froslass IRL). Mantyke is an interesting choice. Personally, I have a hard time seeing myself with fish Pokémon since, unlike in-game, many of them could only follow me/battle in water.

A tourney based on this idea could be fun!

- - -

EDIT: Not one of the cat-like Pokémon I've had my eyes on lately, but I'll take it! I ended up using the Luxury Ball I had planned for a Shiny Nincada/Shedinja because it looks so cool.

2fdbPAS.jpg

While Zangoose is clearly inspired by mongooses, I feel that they deliberately made it look more cat-like as a reference to the literal translation of the Japanese word for mongoose, "cat-ferret."

I got his nickname from Kyanite (a blue gemstone), but I'm pronouncing it as Kian (kee-in). Not sure which game I'll train him in yet, but I'll eventually transfer him to SoulSilver to join Noa (my Shiny Furret). I could totally ship these two — they even have the same Nature!

Last edited:

G-Money

Years
  • Guys, I've found the key to shiny hunting!!! It's...it's...it's...

Spoiler:

I ran into this guy last night, October 20th, at exactly 5:00 PM. It came on encounter #8258 in the Mélancolie Path on X - I've finally finished Phase I of my pumpkin-picking hunt after many, many years! :laugh-squinted: It was raining in-game that day, and shiny Klefki kinda looks like rusted keys that've been left outside, "lol." I thought the color scheme went perfectly with a Quick Ball, so I used Hypnosis and then caught him on Quick Ball attempt number three. I named him Clay, since that's how you pronounce "keys" in French, and Kalos is kinda like France and all that! :pink_love:

Back to Pumpkaboo picking!!! :boogie:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • No prob, and congrats on the Shiny keychain! I could've seen myself with a Klefki when I was younger since I went through a key-collecting phase. I wonder how long it was after I curiously stuck them in an electric outlet that I stopped collecting them...

Thanks! I hope you get that purple pumpkin!

It's funny that you should mention Eevee since that's the one I'd most like it get. I don't see Eevee itself as a cat-like Pokémon, but Leafeon looks so much like a Siamese cat! We actually got a Siamese (or part-Siamese) kitten a couple months ago and I just want to tape leaves to her ears and tail! xD If I get particularly lucky and score a female, I'd probably name the Leafeon after her. I may just try for Meowth/Persian though since this would be for my SoulSilver team and the only way to get a Shiny Eevee would be to SR for it. I don't like SRing. Dx

Last edited:
    Back