• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    After the 5% Route 6 Kecleon I moved back to Santalune Forest.

I previously found a shiny Caterpie and a shiny Panpour here. Caterpie and Weedle were my targets and I am in X.

Yesterday at 4,204 random encounters I found shiny Weedle. I'm now done with the line and the forest. Also lucky I got both shinies I was hunting in the first 3 phases.

Last edited:

Platigx

Delete my Account
    Years
  • Can a mod please delete my Posts.I made four of them a few months ago.Since then i wasnt active at all and right now i am deleting a lot Accounts that i am not using anymore and i think this should be part of it too.
    Ps:Only Mods can delete Posts,or cant they?Correct me if i am wrong on that one.Thanks

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Here's the rest of the shinies for May

Vanillite #7 on the 8th in 1,440 hordes
    Persian on the 15th in 1,250 Dexnav encounters, second longest Dexnav hunt after Happiny took 1,386
    Cubchoo #6 on the 17th in 220 hordes
    Zebstrika on the 17th in 1,165 FS encounters
    Gogoat on the 19th in 175 FS encounters
    Finally Nidoran male #13 found on the 28th in 315 hordes.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    On Jun 5th I found shiny Vanillite #8 in 816 hordes looking for Smoochum
    On the 10th I went to route 22 looking for Azurill, but found a shiny Bunnelby in 2,033 random encounters. It's phase 3 for Azurill. Also I have 6 shiny Diggersby so it's fitting to have the 1st stage.
    On the 11th I found shiny Solrock in 988 Dexnav encounters, started this hunt months ago and did it off and on.
    I found a 4th shiny Tangela in friend safari on the 13th in 425
    And on the 15th I found a shiny Chatot in Azure Bay in only 252 random encounters. Phase 2 for shiny Exeggcute. This is my shortest full odds random encounter hunt.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey! I'm looking to join the community. I want people to chill and talk with while I hunt, makes it more bearable.
    Shinies I already have:
    Mewtwo, Virizion, Milotic, Absol, Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Smeargle, Phantump, Honedge, Vikavolt, Rockruff, Aggron, Mareanie, Shuckle, Sylveon, Hawlucha, Remoraid, Carvahna, Gyaridos. Also the majority of the wormhole pokemon.
    I am currently hunting Kyogre in UM, will then hunt for Groudon and Rayquaza.
    Edit: Forgot I also have 2 random encounters I didn't hunt for: Rattata in VC Silver, and Golbat in UM

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2018
    Hello, I wasn't really able to post much due to IB. On a brighter note, now that its over, I managed to continue shiny hunting and snagged a shiny dwebble, ralts (M), zorua, magnemite and sableye.

Good luck for all of your hunts, and I hope to be more active with all of you wonderful people.

Syntthetix

[color=ddccec]Porygon Programmer[/color]
    Years
  • I'd definitely like to join the club. I have a Shiny Dex account, so I'll just use that as my current list of shinies: https://www.shinydex.com/syntthetix
    As for what I'm hunting now, I'm going for shiny Audino and Eevee in AS from DexNav, Gorebyss in Y from chain fishing, and basically anything from REs in Black 2.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
  • I want to join. I have shiny: incineroar, magcorgo, quagsire, celebi(it is legit btw)
    That's as many as I can remember so far.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • Hey SHC!

So I moved into a new apartment a little while ago, and I didn't have Internet for the first week, since it takes a little while for people to come and install the Wifi.

So what did I do during that week without Internet? Why, I shiny hunted the whole time, of course!!! :pink_laugh: I meant to post as soon as I got the Wifi installed, but I totally forgot, "lol."

Anyway! During the first few days, I continued my dual hunts that I'd been doing for a few hours each week since January: hunting for Sableye in Black's Challenger's Cave and SRing for Snivy in White 2. But then I remembered something!! I can hunt on three DSes at the same time, hahahahaha! "lol" I, like, had totally forgotten about doing that somewhere along the way, so I'd just been dual-hunting. But when I fired up another DS to continue my Humillau City surfing in Black 2 in search of a shiny Frillish, things really took off!!

Not long after I had started triple-hunting again, who rolls across the screen, but...

SHINY Woobat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woot woot! At 12:25PM on May 26th, I found shiny Woobat in Challenger's Cave!! This is the first successful phase of my (infinite??? We'll see, "lol") hunt for shiny Sableye!! Wherever that shiny Sableye is hiding, he's sure got a lot of bodyguards to throw at me first, and I bet he's got quite a few shinies to serve as henchmen to stop me from reaching that elusive shiny Ghost! Woobat's like the first boss in this game, haha! Woobat shone on encounter #18,533, so if I keep getting bosses at this rate, the King Shiny Sableye should appear in less than 200,000 more encounters!! :laugh-squinted: I was totally thrilled to have finally made progress in my Sableye hunt - this shiny Woobat was proof of my long hours of hunting! If anything, at least I'd be able to escape that cave with a shiny to show for it. This just made my May!

But the month was not yet over. I resumed my hunting, and the next day...

SHINY Frillish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!

OMG A SHINY GHOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YEAH THAT'S RIGHT!!! G-Money's back in the game, y'all!! It's been like three years since my last shiny Ghost, but I haven't given up!!!! This right here - *holds up shiny Frillish* - this is proof!! I'm still on my Ghost hunt, and one of these days, I'm going to claim the title of Shiny Ghost Champion! I will catch every shiny Ghost!!! Even if it's at a pace of one every three years...even if I have to surf on a tiny bit of ocean between houses in Humilau City...even if it takes me years of being stuck on the back of a Samurott swimming back and forth...even if all the people in Humilau City look out their windows and think to themselves, "Woah, what is that guy doing out there!?? Why does he just keep running into Frillishes and then running away from them!?? What is he thinking!?" Despite all this, I shall resolutely continue my Quest, and all the shiny Ghosts shall be mine!!! *laughs maniacally*

(And I have absolutely no idea why the people in Humalau City would call them Frillishes...)

This is absolutely wonderful! It's not very often that I actually make progress towards one of my big Quests, so this is huge news! Now I'm...*checks sig*...13/18 of the way there, up to GenVI! "lol" I haven't updated my sig for GenVII yet, so there are at least 22 Ghosts out there now, but as of the Ghosts up to GenVI, I only need 5 more!!! Snorunt, Pumpkaboo, Phantump, Sableye, and Ghastly are all that stand between me and the Ghost championship...well, at least for people who are living before the Alolan games came out, "lol." But I'll get the shinies from them too, just you watch! :cool:

I found shiny Frillish at 5:46PM on May 27th, 2018 on encounter #16,422, and I caught it on the first Dive Ball attempt! I'm glad I was watching it as it crossed the screen, since I probably wouldn't have recognized the shiny, haha! The dark-pink shiny female Frillish looks kind of like the regular normal-pink one, except it's a whole lot cooler! :pink_laugh: I also got Woobat on my first attempt (I used a Dusk Ball for that one), so I got both of them in pretty cool Balls! I love the Dive Ball and was really glad that I had one with me for catching a shiny that lives in water, and I'm also psyched that I got to catch a perfect beach shiny right as the summer's starting!! Perfect time of year for that, haha!!!! :laugh:

I mean, it's always awesome when you can get shinies two days in a row! It's a really rare and amazing feeling to get as a shiny hunter, and those back-to-back days doubled my number of shinies for the year! And just when I thought it couldn't get any better, what happens the next day?

SHINY CHIKORITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

OH YEAH!!!!! THREE DAYS IN A ROW WITH A SHINY!!!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A RUN!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahaha "lol!" At 1:13PM on May 28th, Chikorita shone on Johto starter #2152!!!!!! "lol" Cyndaquil is my favorite Pokémon overall, so I just keep getting like a bazillon shiny Chikorita and Totodile, hahaha! More shinies for me I guess, "lol!" I had switched from Black 2 to HeartGold after getting Frillish, and I guess this is kind of progress towards my HG hunts. I'd like to keep going here until I have three of each starter (one for each evolution stage) since it's a rare opportunity to get shiny starters like that, and I really love all three of those 'mons (Johto starters = best starters!!!).

"lol" I wonder how many shinies I'll get while SRing for Snivy with another DS? These all came while simultaneously hunting Snivy, and I think my last couple of shinies did too, haha!

This is my first time getting shinies three days in a row!!! You better watch out, Maserati! :tongue-poke: Speaking of which...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Actaully I got it in a trade from someone here. Also I did some stuff and have a shiny solosis, 2 shiny silvally a shiny zygarde, another shiny celebi(illigitiment) shiny eevee, shiny ditto, shiny giritina, shiny arceus(illigit), shiny silver birb. All of which I already had. I always shiny hunt on like gts and trading but occasionally I will breed for one.

Years
  • Sorry if I'm doing this wrong, I'm new to using forums. I was wondering if someone could tell me how things work here? I am a shiny hunter and have been hunting for a while, and I think it's awesome having a thread dedicated to it, but I'm unsure of how to use it. What do I post here?

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Spoiler:

Congrats on woobat, frilish and chikorita.

Maybe I should add "SHINY GHOST HYPE!"

Sorry if I'm doing this wrong, I'm new to using forums. I was wondering if someone could tell me how things work here? I am a shiny hunter and have been hunting for a while, and I think it's awesome having a thread dedicated to it, but I'm unsure of how to use it. What do I post here?

Hi, welcome, you can freely post your finds in the thread and the shinies you find during your hunts and also you can add some pics and also add a little story or comment about how did you get it or how it happened, some find shinies while watching something, other times they catch you by surprise, other times after a long hunt, some people also tell about which pokeball they chose to catch the shiny, anything is fine, just be friendly and let your inspiration go wild, just remember to follow the forum rules.

Welcome to all new members and congrats on all new shinies.

My update: A couple of months ago i went on a long chaining hunt. something like 10 shiny starlys and 5 shiny bidoof in my platinum game. Have been busy lately so i will update more appropriately regarding that hunt on my next post. All i can say for now is that i was bored of not getting a shiny and went chaining berserk mode. lol.

Until my next post, cya soon and happy hunting

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Since my last update

Palpitoad #4 in 227 FS encounters on the 17th
    Trapinch #3 in 6 FS encounters on the 17th, evolved to Flygon finishing the line
    Teddiursa #5 in 18 FS encounters on the 17th
    Emolga in 426 FS encounters on the 22nd
    Cubchoo #7 in 143 hordes on the 24th
    Stunky #7 in 132 hordes on the 27th
    Snubbull #2 in 553 random encounters, it's the third one overall, but second full odds random encounter. Found on the 30th
    Nidoran male #14 in 319 hordes on the 3rd

Finally, a hunt I started in February ended today, I found shiny Kabuto in 1,717 fossil revives.

Years
  • Along with Dex completing, I spend a lot of my time shiny hunting, so may as well join this!

My Shinies:
    -Swirlix named S'Mores... my first shiny! X radar chaining, 17 encounters

-Gardevoir named Queen, caught as Ralts. Alpha Sapphire DexNav, 1 encounter (sort of random, I wasn't trying to hunt it, just showed up w/ boosted odds)

-Ditto named Blobby - Sun 32 SOS (was going for a 4-IV ditto, but the shiny came first!

-Furfrou named Ouaf - Ultra Sun random encounter

-Quagsire named QJ - Ultra Sun Wormhole, 3920 light years

Current Hunts:
    -Finneon SOS in Ultra Sun
    -Wormhole hunts when I get tired of SOSing

Years
  • So today I did a TON of Wormhole hunts.... the result?

5 shinies!

-Heliolisk named Sunny, 3146 LY
    -Quagsire named Derp, 4110 LY
    -Heliolisk named Nebula, 3952 LY
    -Crustle named Emerald, 4952 LY
    -Swellow named Hurricane, 4793 LY

By far a personal best for most shinies in a day, and I still have 3 and a half hours left!

Years
  • Sorry if this is random, inappropiate or smth, I'm new to this thread and PC in general.

I was hunting for a (normal) Feebas in Storm Silver that's female, has max HP for its level, and has the natures I'm looking for, so I could evolve it into a Milotic of course. For some reason it took HOURS to get the one I wanted, and I accidentally encountered a shiny Slowpoke in the process and screamed out loud.

rV2mOF2.png

Don't ask for the name, it's literally the first thing I come up with when I think "shiny slowpoke". I have no idea how many RE it took since I didn't keep track of them at all, but I believe it was around 100, more or less. Part of me wishes he was female so I could evolve a "Slowqueen" but I should be grateful for finding something so darn rare.
    After I caught it in the first try I immediately saved the game and kept on trying to get that fish, cause I wasn't giving up yet only for that. In the long run I finally caught the Feebas I wanted; doesn't have the highest possible HP but it's still ok at the very least. I'm deciding whether I should keep these two in my team, or transfer one of them to another game (If that's possible, since I did all this in a fan game).

Last edited:
    Years
  • OH MY GOD AN HOUR PASSED SINCE I CAUGHT THAT SLOWPOKE AND ALREADY I ENCOUNTER ANOTHER SHINY?! WHAT IS THIS MADNESS

PtgGlMT.png

It made Dennis faint, but at least I caught it. Oops. (I'm not doing a nuzlocke, so I don't take Pokemon faints seriously in cases like these)

VEyiVNZ.png

Welp here she is. I have no idea what to do with this thing, I'm definitely considering transferring her, or, if anyone wants to, trade with her (Again, if that's even possible given this hack game) since I don't like Victreebel that much. Though I'm still tripping over the fact that I encountered 2 shinies in just one day. I'm sobbing.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hey all. It has been a few months since I last posted. I plan to do more soon. Just don't know what. I still want to finish my rainbow challenge, but we have an entire year now before Gen 8 comes out.

I have however gotten a few shiny pokemon in Pokemon Go! And since we can eventually transfer those to the main games, I think I will count them in my personal challenge,

I caught 3 Shiny Squirtle, 1 Charmander and 2 Miniun. I named my Minun Baja Blast because I was drinking a Baja Blast when I caught it and it was the same color :D.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've started a new playthough of SoulSilver in which I am EV training a team of random pokemon at the beginning of the game and early on into this I encountered a shiny Zubat, sadly I wasn't able to catch it but if I had caught it then I would have used that instead of the Noctowl that I was generated to play with

Back