• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Orange Sands......

Which should be the starter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Pokemon Orange Sands......
    Pokemon Orange Sands

The site
    -by Forgotten Memory
    Hack
    of-

Introduction

What the? are you serious?...Yes iam and here comes my first hack ever! Pokemon Orange Sands! Well i hope your all going to enjoy this one. This is my first hack so..do wish me the best!

Story

Your dad is a famous scientist who has just been called by his friend in small islands which were recently discovered by scientists. Therefore you have to go on vacation...isnt that great? It is said that the island holds a special
    secret within it. You and your brother are really keen to have pokemon and their dream is just about to come true......

Features

-New islands to explore!
    -new OW
    -D/P pokemon...probably
    -New gyms and rivals..
    more.......

Process

Mapping:

Scripting:

Other:

Team

me-leader, mapping, spriting, OW editing, pallete editing
    Kristian-Scripting and some mapping
    Vavavoom-some mapping
    Forgotten Memory(DP Master 92)-mapping and pallete editing
    EsMaS-Spriter
    If you want to help, pm me!

Screens

Spoiler:

Beta centre

Pre-Alpha-70% complete

Credits

zel & DJG-for their wonderful mapping help and advice
    Crashlink-rom base
    Kristian- for helping me with this thing!
    Esmas- sprite
    Okami-baby lapras sprite
    Teh_Blaziken-storyline help and ideas
    Coronis & Serebii- Neo TR sprite pics

Banners

Could someone make some?

-by kristian

by me

by me

by me
    click on copy link location!
    Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Rekkage

Creepy, Indeed.
    Years
    Looking good!
    I'm no expert hacker, but I like what I see so far ^^
    Do you need any help with spriting? 'Cos I used to do it all the time, and although I'm a little rusty, I'd love to help :3

Oh, and I'm pretty sure I can make you a banner - is there any specific pokemon you want on it?

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    hey there CelebiXD. I'm glad ya joined the fun in hacking! Good for you! I feel happy!

The story is kinda hanging.., but oh well... The two-storey house has a tile error there.., but oh well...

The hack's going great so far. Keep it up and wishing for the best!

As always.., DJG...

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    Wow, this looks better than I thought...Good luck, Awesome features.
    If you need help, I'm always here....

If the color hurts your eyes, then highlight it...xD

Last edited:

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    This looks really good, you have a workable story. But honestly, and I say this with the utmost respect, what else is there? You seem to have a firm grasp on tile editing as well as pallete editing, but how far have you come on the scripting part? Another thing, what features do you plan on putting in this hack? And by features, I mean little things that will set your hack apart from the rest.
    ~Best of luck

Saurav

~`;I am the Frozen Sun;`~
    Years
    The screenshots looks great and really change that yellow font color, you expect anyone to read it fully? <_<

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
    Aghhh! The yellow burns!

It's great to see someone starting a new hack. What's not great is that you've made a mistake in the script you've made. 'I' should always be a capital. Please check your grammar and spelling before creating scripts as IMO hacks are very annoying to play if you can constantly spot errors in the scripts.

The maps are looking alright (apart from the afformentioned error). I would be happy to help you with mapping as that it my specialty.

The story also seems alright. Are you intending to keep the badge system?

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Thanks for the wonderful comments!
    Looking good!
    I'm no expert hacker, but I like what I see so far ^^
    Do you need any help with spriting? 'Cos I used to do it all the time, and although I'm a little rusty, I'd love to help :3

Oh, and I'm pretty sure I can make you a banner - is there any specific pokemon you want on it?
    Yes thank you for your kind concern....
    I would like a tropious on it if you could make it.

Aghhh! The yellow burns!

It's great to see someone starting a new hack. What's not great is that you've made a mistake in the script you've made. 'I' should always be a capital. Please check your grammar and spelling before creating scripts as IMO hacks are very annoying to play if you can constantly spot errors in the scripts.

The maps are looking alright (apart from the afformentioned error). I would be happy to help you with mapping as that it my specialty.

The story also seems alright. Are you intending to keep the badge system?
    First of all...
    I know the color sucks and as all of you have requested it...*goes to change color* now how's this?
    Yes i noticed the grammer mistake..silly me :D
    Yes i hope to keep the badge system since when you recieved a package from your dads friend he tells you to explore the islands
    for him.

BTW People!
    Ive made 2 maps..
    and some new screens are coming soon!

~Celebi

-EDITED-
    Update!!
    Screens: (Yes i know there is a mapping error, i can't fix it however, any help?)

It is a script..yes i know there is a mapping error which iam trying to fix but iam unsuccessful so could someone help me?

Last edited:

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    The mapping error is easy to fix. You just have to look closely at the tiles. Anyways, there's a wrong spelt word there. "KAY recive a POKEMON!"..? It should be 'receive' or 'received'.., but no matter, I kinda like the colors of the grass, though, keep it up! ;)

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    It looks good, i like the fact that there is a brother in it, its nice to introduce the characters family in it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    You mean that pink girl sprite standing under/on the fence. Change her people number to anything but 1 and those which you are already using. You can do it via AdvanceMap, events section of editor.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    You mean that pink girl sprite standing under/on the fence. Change her people number to anything but 1 and those which you are already using. You can do it via AdvanceMap, events section of editor.
    yes theres a girl standing on the fence *oh...crap!*
    I try to place the girl somewhere else but the girl remains in that area:(

The mapping error is easy to fix. You just have to look closely at the tiles. Anyways, there's a wrong spelt word there. "KAY recive a POKEMON!"..? It should be 'receive' or 'received'.., but no matter, I kinda like the colors of the grass, though, keep it up! ;)
    I know its easy for you to say, but something is wrong with my rom,
    im not able to edit it! *oh..crap!* and thanks for notifying me with the grammer mistake
    BTW at the moment, im trying to fix bugs!
    some more screens soon.....
    And im gonna change my rom...
    BTW anyone wanting to help me please pm me because im busy these days.

~Celebi

Necrono

perfect day.
    Years
    Looks good Celebi. What are the Pokemon that will be in the hack? To be honest, I don't really like made-up Pokemons, but hey, that's your hack! :)

I like the fact that his family members are here(like in Carter's hack) too. It's a bit irritating that the father has been missing in all/most Pokemon games.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    just a random question,
    how do you post screenshots?
    im trying to post my hack but i cant figure it out

wanna know something..?
    Spoiler:

Btw Celebi, I do think those errors are easy to fix, however, it's a FireRed hack, so maybe Ruby and FR are different. Oh well... I'm sure you'll find a way.

Also, I just noticed now,
    Spoiler:

Oh well.., it won't do harm, I guess...

I wish you the best of luck and keep it up as always! ;)

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Just a word, make sure the punctuation is perfect, other than that it seems all good

Back