• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Professor Oak's Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hack of:
    FireRed Version

Story:
    Two years after that sad day when a meteor was discovered to be hurling toward the region of Kanto (the people had a month evacuate), the people of kanto chose the new region of (region name to be decided), uninhabited by people, but inhabited by all the Pokemon found in kanto,
    Johto, and Hoenn, to restart their lives in. They rebuilt new gyms (with the same leaders), new houses, new towns, cities, routes, etc.

On your average day, it happened to be time for the annual gym leader meeting held by Professor Oak. Professor Oak sent all the gym leaders a message telling them to meet him in a few hours as he needs to discuss very important matters. Back at his meeting place, he was discussing about the legendary Pokemon. Everyone had assumed they all had been stuck behind in the region of Kanto when the meteorite hit, although they knew Pokemon had the ability to sense trouble. The reason they thought this was because there was not one sighting of the legendary Pokemon escaping their homes. This was the topic of the meeting.

Professor Oak reported reason to believe that Mew and Celebi are alive and roaming around somewhere. He also stated that it would not be surprising if others are roaming around too.

What reason does Professor Oak have to believe they are not dead? His main reason was the fact that he knew the legendaries could not just sit there whilst this was happening, they would have known to escape. But the question is: where did they escape to? The odds are it would be one of the other hundreds of regions than this one. Why would they choose this one? Professor Oak had a simple answer. Mew and Celebi like humans. They keep their distance, but watch over the humans. The gym leaders thought; "so what?" That led Professor Oak to show his last reason to believe this. He had been out making documentaries for half a year in the wild. He had finally got around to watching them all and noticed some strange happenings. Mew and Celebi caught on camera. He showed these tapes and everyone was in awe.

Though everyone was happy to see they were alive and free, one gym leader was plotting a plan to catch them while at that table. He/she secretly called in his/her crew of trainers in his/her gym to help him/her with his/her plan. Suddenly, the lights went out. One of the trainers cut the power. Bam! A gunfire! All the gym leaders were screaming and panicking. A minute later the power went back on... only to find professor oak missing. There was a pile of blood on the ground along with professor Oak's coat covered in blood. Obviously, he was murdered. The room was locked. It had to be one of the gym leaders... but which?

That is your job to find out.

You will be going through the land of (region name) to battle all 8 gym leaders. They want you to prove to them that you can solve the crime by beating them. After you beat one gym leader, he/she will give you a clue as to who the murder is "I heard a gunshot to the left, but to the right of me was sitting Erika." That is an example of a clue. "When the door unlocked and the man threw the body out the door and there was tiny light I saw he/she (something)"

You will be given 8 clues. 7 of them will be the truth. 1 will be a lie. (obviously one is lying)

After you battle the eighth gym leader, you should have enough clues to find out where the man/woman's secret hideout is (where to find him/her). Once you find him/her, you will be proven right or wrong. He/She will be significantly stronger, along with his/her gym trainers. (this will be like the elite four) and once you find the perpetrator, you will be in for a suprise.

Unless it was not obvious, you will eventually battle mew/celebi along with a few other legendaries.

Features:

• Whole new storyline
    • New maps/region
    • All the Pokemon before diamond/pearl
    • New events
    • New Starters
    • And much more to be decided.
    Screenshots:

Pokemon: Professor Oak's Murder

1. Sepal City
    2. (name here) Forest (not finished... just almost done insert tiles)
    3. Route 401
    4. Route 401 traveling nurse joy (not in every route... would make it too easy)
    5. How you get your starter (this may be changed)
    6. The three starters are elekid, smoochum, magby, and tyrogue. A certain thing you do influences which one you get. You'll have to find that out yourself xD
    7. He won't let you pass.
    8. Traveling nurse joy (route 401... again)

New Screenshots (6-19-08)

1. (unnamed) Forest (now has rain)
    2. The route before (unnamed) Forest. Might become back of the forest.
    (I love the rain and music... makes a creepy feeling.)

Note: All the maps etc may be changed. A storyline has been introduced tonight and may influence map changes.
    Team:

• Me: Basically whole thing (only received some help from some others).
    What I need:

• Someone who can help me script! I'm still learning a lot.

Credits:

• thethethethe (his scripting tutorial taught me a lot so far. Still learning)
    • G.K.S.: Helping me learn how to get started.
    • Neti: Helping me with something in Advance Map.
    • Дон Пач: Using some tiles of his. (permission if credited)
    • KageX- OW sprite :D
    Screenshots:
    I have made several maps, but none are final.

Notes: (updated 6-18-08)

• Name is NOT final.
    • Maps are NOT final.
    • When this hack is released (eventually) PLEASE DO NOT tell people WHO the perpetrator is. Don't ruin the game for others.
    • Please give constructive critism :D or opinions on the storyline, etc. It will be more in-depth in the game.
    What do you guys think:

• Should the character sprite look like a detective?
    Notes: (updated 6-19-08):

• Tiles will be made different. I have made a whole 2 map forest and town with better tiles (in my opinion) and rain... and creepy music. I really have to admit I like the forest a lot, if I do say so myself.

Update 7-11-08:
    Guys, I was busy for a while, and basically neglected the hack for a bit. I've worked on it a bit recently, and have not released any updates from before. So far there are 4 towns done. The forest is completed. I have chosen the name "Spore Forest." The starter town is done. The route leading to the next town is done. The next done is done. The cave to Spore Forest is done. Spore Forest is done. The Town after Spore Forest is done. And an Island you will be able to reach soon is done. I've scripted a few things such as how you receive your starters, and people around the town. I've yet to make the insides of houses etc, though.

I'll let you all know. I'm a novice at hacking. There are a few things that need to be fixed. I'm just not sure I can without screwing up the game. I mean, the things work fine but they are just a little 'corny.' Also I am having trouble with wild pokemon, as I make the wild pokemon, save, but when I reload the rom, about half the wild pokemon revert to "please choose pokemon" and then you change it again, and they go back once again. So I'm working on that. I'm also going to need to work on how to make the water, doors, grass, and flowers animated. I'm trying, though.

The towns of the first screenshots still exist. They may become hidden towns or something, though, with some special event. I have made a new starter town.

I've inserted 2 tilesets for towns/forest/island, and 1 snow tileset. Not far enough to work on the snow town, yet.

I am practically working alone on this so it may take a while.

Sorry to keep you all waiting for an update. Here is a few screenshots:

Well, those are the screenies! Tell me what you think =) I know there is a glitch in one of them... the trees... borders... but idk how to fix it =/

And idk why the quality of the first bunch suck. Maybe I will fix it, but know its in the quality of the second one.

Update 7-20-08:
    I'm sure you guys would expect a big update after about a week. I assure you, much has been added, and I will show everyone the updates when I decide to take more screenshots. So, I was testing out youtube to see if I could maybe make a video instead of just screenshots, and it works. So, I will post one video of MYSTIC WOODS where you catch celebi later in the game.

The actual battle is not scripted, but I have scripted an articuno event and know how to do it, so it will be soon. Also, the grass animation is NOT fixed yet, I know how to change the colors, but I have several grass that use the same animation so that will be fixed soon!

Anyways, enjoy! I will post a video of the articuno event once I finish all the scripting (I will say its about 80% done)

MYSTIC FOREST (catch celebi)

UPDATE 7/24/08:

I added a bunch of new tiles and completed a city and have a preview for ya'll!!

SITRUA CITY

Please tell me your comments!

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    that's a scary little story.
    wonder what'll happen next. :)
    the rest of the screenies have a bright pallete which kinda hurts my eyes, but the second screeny was a very okay one.

oh well, good luck with the hack~

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    WoW! :shocked:
    SCARY!
    Well, GL in this, and also, when it said all they saw was a pile of blood and Prof. Oak's Coat.
    When the lights were out, the shooter could've hit Oak's arm, he took his coat off and ran to the Pokemon Center... :\

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • Wow, this is a first. The story is kinda scary, but judging by the looks of the screenies, I'll get over it.
    Good luck!

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Maybe I'm just too used to cartoon-style graphics, but maybe those tiles would use darker border lines.
    But it looks really cool

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2012
    really creepy for a pokemon game,but highly original and interesting,wish you the best.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    Looks like fun. But if you take a long while to beat the gym leaders, when you go back to them will they retell the clue?

Years
  • Aha a murder mystery. If the gym leaders did it can I take a stab at who did it? Lol at the pun I makes
    The perpetrator is not decided yet XD so... sure? But once the hack is released I expect that nobody will give away who the criminal is and ruin the game for others.

Looks like fun. But if you take a long while to beat the gym leaders, when you go back to them will they retell the clue?

yep :) You just talk to them and they will re-tell you. remember, one clue will be a lie @_@ so its gonna be hard to find out XD but I'll try it make it not too hard...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back