• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

US President Barack Obama: Inarguration Day (b'-')b

Will the actions of The Obama Administration affect you?

• Yes. And It's quite Historic.

Votes: 29 65.9%
  • No. What the US does won't affect me.

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Maybe so?

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Watch the Obama Inarguration Live on the BBC!
    US President Barack Obama: Inarguration Day (b'-')b

Well, with less than a week until the Obama Inauguration. Many people cannot rejoice enough at seeing Bush "Settle Down" back in Texas. With some disastrous policies which essentially razed the US "Unipolar" standing in the world and ushering in the possibility of International Cooperation, I can't put into words right now what I think...Maybe later. =/

So thoughts on the Past 8 Years, and comments on the Inauguration?

The Obama Administration:

US President: Barack Obama
    US Vice-President: Joe Biden (Also President of the US Senate)
    US Senate Majority Leader: Harry Reid
    US Speaker of the House: Nancy Pelosy
    US Supreme Court Chief Justice: John Roberts

Current Obama Cabinet Appointments: (Subject to Senate Confirmation)
    Secretary of State: Hillary Clinton
    Defence Secretary: Robert Gates
    Treasury Secretary: Timothy Geithner
    Health Secretary: Tom Daschle
    Attorney General (Justice Secretary): Eric Holder
    Homeland Security Secretary: Janet Napolitano
    UN ambassador: Susan Rice
    Energy Secretary: Steven Chu
    EPA Administrator (Environment Secretary): Lisa Jackson
    Housing Secretary: Shaun Donovan
    Education Secretary: Arne Duncan
    Interior Secretary: Ken Salazar
    Agriculture Secretary: Tom Vilsack
    CIA Director: Leon Panetta
    Commerce Secretary: Still Looking (Bill Richardson dropped out)

White House advisers:
    National Security Adviser: General James Jones
    National Economic Council: Lawrence Summers
    Chief of Staff: Rahm Emanuel
    Senior adviser: David Axelrod
    Senior adviser: Valerie Jarrett
    Transition co-chair: John Podesta
    Senior adviser: Pete Rouse
    Press secretary: Robert Gibbs
    White House counsel: Greg Craig
    Assistant for legislative affairs: Phil Schiliro
    VP chief of staff: Ron Klain

Election Results:

Presidential Electoral College: Obama (D): 365 McCain (R) 173
    US Congress:
    Senate: 56 (D) 41 (R) 2(I)
    (Minnesota Senate seat still "challenged")
    House: 256 (D) 178 (R)

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • My school is going loco about the inarguation. we litelly miss 2-3 periods of class to see it!

BTW, it the EPA admin the same as the Head of the EPA? Im asking because of a project, and this info is perfect!

Years
  • ^ I think so since the EPA can only have one secretary. =P

And I wonder how am I going to watch the Inarguration live on Tuesday. I have 2nd Period English at that time. =/ (I live in PST/ in CA)

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • ^ I think so since the EPA can only have one secretary. =P

And I wonder how am I going to watch the Inarguration live on Tuesday. I have 2nd Period English at that time. =/ (I live in PST/ in CA)

To bad. My school will take us out of class to watch it, even if we dont want to! XD

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I will be staying home to watch this. I cant wait til Inauguration.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • I live in a suburb that's very close to DC, and I'm going to be sure to stay as far away as is reasonable from Washington on the day of the inauguration. Seriously, I know the city well enough to say that it's going to be a madhouse down there. Public transportation's going to be a nightmare, the DC metro system can barely get 40,000 people to a baseball game, but they expect it to handle the 2,000,000 people that might be coming to the inauguration? From what I've seen, most people who live around where I do are "meh" at best when it comes to the inauguration, because we all know that the logistics are going to be nightmarish.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Oh man, I can't wait for this. I am glad I took some time off work. I am going to watch it on tv. I wonder if it is going to start during the day or early evening? Finally Obama is going to be swarm in. This is going to rock!

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Just another day. 10 minutes later the coup d'état beings, and were a oppressive government under the secret control of the shadow government.

Years
  • Replies.

Uh, I think the actual swearing in Ceremony is at 12:00 PM Eastern ST. =P
    It would have been more dramatic if he signed the $800 Billion+ Stimulus Plan right after that. XD
    Hope you guy's watch it. ^_^

Just another day. 10 minutes later the coup d'état begins, and were a oppressive government under the secret control of the shadow government.

Aww, don't be so depressed, Just because the Republican's seem like "very bad" that doesn't mean such Banana Republic stuff will happen.
    The US is a mature Democracy.

You might have a point though: Why Obama's Bipartisanship can fail. But I highly doubt it. =D

We already have enough Problems on our plate, and a coup d'état would be "the last straw" for another US Civil War...

Last edited:

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Aww, don't be so depressed, Just because the Republican's seem like "very bad" that doesn't mean such Banana Republic stuff will happen.
    The US is a mature Democracy.

I'm a Democrat who is disenfranchised with the system right now, who voted Republician because it was the lesser of two evils. I feel dirty.

I'm sure the inauguration will be a big celebration party, good for him.

Years

I'm a Democrat who is disenfranchised with the system right now, who voted Republician because it was the lesser of two evils. I feel dirty.

I'm sure the inauguration will be a big celebration party, good for him.

Well don't feel sad. A lot of people I know voted for McCain, and I live in California D=
    More than 47% of the Electorate voted for him so no bad feelings. The US never really votes outside the near 50/50 % mark between Democrats and Republicans which is quite surprising if anyone noticed.

Don't worry Today's Regan Democrats might be tomorrow's Obama Republicans. ^__^

XD

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • He gets inaugurated tomorrow the 16th?! Wow didnt know i guess i am going to be up all night! I mean if he does say around noon thats 7 pm for me so i dont miss it!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Oh damn i thought it was closer. Seeing as this is an outdoor kind of thing we can be sure that the secret service will have every single rooftop, building and car cleared. Also i heard there is new bullet barrier technology only for obama. Kidding dont worry but yeah it hopefully will run smoothly. BY-BYE BUSH!

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Hmm. I don't think I'm going to watch this, considering I'm not American, in America and have no interest whatsoever.

Years
  • Yay!

Hmm. I don't think I'm going to watch this, considering I'm not American, in America and have no interest whatsoever.

Well you're French right? That's fine since Nicolas Sarkozy has shown great Leadership so you know how it is. But please do so if you can since as we've seen in the past 8 years, what happens in Washington does NOT stay there. XD

Oh it turns out our school is allowing the use of TV's in the Classroom to watch broadcasts of the Inauguration. So I'll be able to watch. ^__^

YAYZ!!!

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Well you're French right? That's fine since Nicolas Sarkozy has shown great Leadership so you know how it is. But please do so if you can since as we've seen in the past 8 years, what happens in Washington does NOT stay there. XD

Oh it turns out our school is allowing the use of TV's in the Classroom to watch broadcasts of the Inauguration. So I'll be able to watch. ^__^

YAYZ!!!

You know, not everyone thinks that Bush did a horrible job. Not pointing you out specifically Netto, but in case everyone else wasn't aware, a 30% approval rating isn't a 0% approval rating. There isn't this total national consensus that Bush is the devil in human form and is the absolute worst president we've had in the history of our country (I don't doubt that many of you believe that though ^___^). What I'm trying to say is...Just because most of the media hates him and often spins their stories to paint him and the republicans in a negative light, it doesn't mean that that's how the whole country feels. Quite the contrary actually, and seeing as McCain picked up all those votes on the republican ticket, that means that a good deal of people in this country still support basic republican policies and such, meaning that NOT EVERYONE thinks that the past 8 years have ruined our country. It's easy for people to automatically think that way just because most comments about him are negative, but please don't believe everything you hear, and remember to draw your own conclusions instead of letting other people do it for you.

That being said, I will not be watching the inauguration. Just can't bring myself to do it. There's no way I'll be able to sit through all those celebrity entertainers praising Obama and celebrating the downfall of Bush at the cost of 150 million dollars (And the media complains that Bush's inauguration was "extravagant" and "over the top", and yet won't even come to a third of the cost of Obama's). I'll admit that it's a very historic event, but good lord, it seems more like a party if anything. I think I'll pass.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    My school is taking out three periods on Tuesday just to watch the Inauguration. It is important to watch since this is a moment in history where the United States shows the rest of the world that we are threw with racism (atleast the majority of all of us are).

On a side note, I enjoy seeing Nancy Pelosi as the Speaker of the House. My grandparents are extremely excited because they personally know Pelosy and her husband from college.

Back