• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's YOUR favorite band? (and why)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
    I'm suprised this isn't anywhere on here.....anyway...

ehem...

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BAND?
    (and why)

Just list your favorite band, and why they are your favorite. Simple as that.
    Here's a guide!
    Favorite Band: Regulak
    Reason: Well, their newest CD, "UIOP," just has such amazing techno parts...I want to rave to it so badly! Plus, I went to one of their shows and they are AMAZING. Seriously, why has no one else heard of these guys? (Oh yea, cause they're from my unpublished book T-T)
    Got it? Good.
    Please, avoid this:
    Favorite Band: Hannah Montana
    Reason: Cause she's HAWT!!1!!1!!1!!!one!!
    Try at least 3 or more sentences for the reason. Try to convince me that your favorite band is better than mine. :D
    (But that DOES NOT mean to just flame everyone else's favorite bands. Any flames or trolls, and your post gets The Magic Boot of Squish. XD)

Favorite Band:
    Coheed & Cambria
    Reason: They are AMAZING. Claudio Sanchez probably rivals Trent Reznor as THE artistic genius of our time. Writing The Amory Wars, an in-depth and mystifying series of comics, and then tying in amazing music to fit with it? AMAZING! Each song has it's own life, it's own story...it's like ever song is beckoning you to listen to it's side of the story, like it needs you to feel like your actual their, whether it's flying through space with Coheed and Cambria Kilgannon on Silent Earth: 3, or listening to The Writer fight with his demon-possessed bicycle, Ten Speed (yes, strange) over where or not he should kill off one of his characters, as The Writer is a kind of play-off of God. Thats what makes the story great: he equates different religions, points of view, to give everyone an idea of how to interpret the story.
    And then there is the music.
    Progressive rock to the fullest. Extensive, intricate, AMAZING guitar solos, eludes to previous songs, and Claudio's unique vocal style make it so...AMAZING. The sad songs are sad, the epic songs are EPIC, the fun songs are fun. The basslines just flow amazingly, and the drums range from frantic, to experimental, to a living heartbeat.

They are THE band.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    It has to be iron maiden. I loved Metallica at first but now it is surely maiden. They are so free so crazy and just complete and utter wow. They can get inspired by the littlest things and the reasons behind their songs are great. And NWOBM was something that helped em break the ice and bring metal in. So yeah totally iron maiden. Oh and hallowed be thy name. Perfect.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    FAvorite Band: Papa Roach

Reason: They were the first band I ever listened to, and this was before there album "Metamorphosis". Now that that album came out, I totally love them. There the BEST. March Out Of the Darkness, Carry Me, and Lifeline rule!!!

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
    I'm suprised this isn't anywhere on here.....anyway...

cause everyone was like, "Wow, I can't believe that they don't have this thread yet. I'll make one! Well, later on...." and forgot. Well, maybe that was just me...

Anyway!
    Band: Disturbed
    Reason: The Sickness, Ten Thousand Fists, Indestructible need i say more?

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Hmm, I had to think for awhile about this, but...

Favourite Band: Juli
    Reason: First German group I've ever listened to, and I've been hooked ever since. I can't seem to find a song of theirs that I don't like, Regen und Meer & November being my favourites to date. ^_^

PS-I love how you used Hannah Montana in the "please avoid" example. I know that's not the part you meant for us to avoid, but still...*thumbs up*

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Iron Maiden Ruule! But I love Linkin Park,Metallica,IN FLAMES Tho Are probably my all Time Favourites!! Any In Flames Supporters here? I Like most of the bands you guys have put up! Love Disturbed's new album! Papa Roach's Old stuff was Tre Cool :)

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Yndi Halda.
    I just adore the sound they produce.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    Favorite Band: No Doubt

Reason: Do I even need a reason? Well a few days before my 13th birthday, I was watching MTV and I saw the world premier of the It's My Life video. I had heard of them before, but never really payed much attention (I loved Don't Speak though). So after getting hooked on It's My Life, I found out that they were putting out a Greatest Hits album, which I asked for for my birthday. 5 years later, after falling in love, I own all of their CDs and DVDs and I'm going to see them June 14th. Those 4 really got me through some tough emotional times!

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    I have a lot of bands I like. But my favorite is:
    The Veronicas.

I love the beat of their music. And they may have changed from their first album to second, but I like all of their music. It's fun. And easy to relate to, and they tend to sing about things that a lot of people don't.

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
    My favorite band are the Black Eye Peas. Why? Because their music sounds interesting, unforgettable and professional. They always come up with different style in music. The Black Eye Peas also made some multi-platinum (US) albums and sold many copies world wide. Their latest hit song, "Boom Boom Pow," has been 1# on iTunes all through April and yet, it is still number one as of May, 08 2009.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Fave band-The killers

Reason-Absolutley amazing live, come up with the most amazing songs, their guitarist is the best, and Brendan Flowers is just the man :D

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I really only listen to solo singers, tbh. Out of the ones I really listen to, I'd have to say Evanescence to be my favorite band ever since Derk introduced me to them. The vocals are really unique; Lee's vocals are different and more pure and angelic. The lyrics and song structures are all complex.

My favorite singer alone would be Kelly Clarkson. I'm not the biggest fan of her music, but I have to say that she has an AMAZING voice. Her range is incredible; and, being an American Idol winner, adds a lot of emotion and herself into her music. She's the best vocalist for me.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    Guns N' Roses. Love Axl's voice and IMO<---(important,) has one of the greatest voices in rock. Also, the songs are filled with such emotion that touch deep down inside me, and I like emotional songs that relate to me. Lastly, new or old songs are still amazing.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Oh man. Do we have to pick only one?

No, I say. :]

My favorite bands:

Billy Talent - Spent the entire '06 summer listening to this band. No matter what, they remind me of that summer

Cobra Starship
    - Just a really good band. I listened to them a lot last year. XD;

Home Made 家族
    - A Japanese band I listened to all of last year also. They're great.

Panic at the Disco - Used to hate them, but now I love all of their songs.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    While I have a lot of favorite bands, I do have an absolute favorite:

As I Lay Dying - I just can't get enough of these guys. They have such a great style and manage to make all of their songs incredibly varied and interesting. All of their albums are excellent and well put together. Also, they have incredibly brutal breakdowns =P

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Ugh ffff I have a LOT of favourite bands >;

• Cobra Starship - I've loved this band since they release their first album. They're such funny people, too! They don't take themselves seriously and just have fun with their music. It's a lot of fun listening to them.

• The Academy Is... - They are really, reaaally nice people, especially William, their lead singer. Their music is amazing, too. They're not afraid to try new things and it works well for them, for the most part. William Beckett's also one of my favourite lyricists.

• Metric - I used to really hate them for some reason, but they've really, really grown on me. I loooove Emily Haines' voice. It has that gentle quality to it, I think. She's also one of my favourite lyricists as well.

• Mindless Self Indulgence - These guys are my heroes. Seriously. They're not afraid to be... them. They're so weird, and soooo offensive, and... if you don't have a sense of humour, you will hate them so much. XD

• Skindred - The cross between reggae, hip-hop, and hard rock is delicious. I don't listen to them as often as I used to, but they're still one of my favourite bands.

• The Rocket Summer - Bryce Avary has a great voice and a lot of talent. I loooove the piano in his songs.

• VersaEmerge - They're relatively new, but I really like the stuff they've put out so far. I can't wait for their new album to come out!

I have more but these are a few. >;

notbob

ZE ULTIMATE POWA
    Years
    Well...

I love lots of bands of all generations and all genres. So here's one of my personal favorites:

Band: AC/DC

Reasons:

• Well, I've listened to them since I was 4.
    • Their heavy sound mixed with deep vocals makes the best sound ever!
    • They are awesome
    • T.N.T., Thunderstruck, Back in Black, are just some of their mammoth hits.
    End note: I don't just like Rock guys, I like grunge, old pop (safety dance), metal, and some rap. :rambo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back