• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Ever seen a berry plant Growing?

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
  • Like the title says have you ever seen when a berry plant changes form? I saw it one time in emerald, and if I recall right there were a bunch of shiny sparkles inbetween forms, but I've never had the time (or patience) to just sit there to watch and wait. I just want know if anyone else has seen this rare phenomenon. It might have been a dream, because in a dream I got in the grass outside pallette town in generation 1, then spent days searching to figure out how I did it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't think I've seen it. :( But hey, I ain't got the patience to stand around and wait on a pixel plant to bloom either.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • I vaguely recall something like that... Could be that I'm imagining things, but I think I saw it once, a long time ago.

Years
  • Nope, you aren't crazy I've seen it too--not intentionally though, I just happened to be passing by when it happened, and it did exactly as you described--sparkly transformation thing.

Also, the pallet town thing--are you saying you dream about how to find that little cove beside the water route before you'd actually seen it? Or do you mean outside of the actual barrier of the town?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I have also seen it out of luck - I went to check on my berry plants in the Berry Master's garden and saw they hadn't grown yet, but just before I left I saw them give off a few sparkles and change. The same occurs in D/P/Pt I believe.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • I have also seen it out of luck - I went to check on my berry plants in the Berry Master's garden and saw they hadn't grown yet, but just before I left I saw them give off a few sparkles and change. The same occurs in D/P/Pt I believe.
    Yay! This means I wasn't crazy! I guess I still got very lucky though.

...Also, the pallet town thing--are you saying you dream about how to find that little cove beside the water route before you'd actually seen it? Or do you mean outside of the actual barrier of the town?
    Outside the actual barrier of the town. I was obsessed with pokemon at five. eg. not good for my mental health.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I think I do remember seeing a berry plant sparkle and go on to the next stage, but I don't remember exactly when.

vudw

Nocturnal Insomnia
    Years
  • When you spend your days just growing berries across all of Hoenn for lack of anything else to do between playing other games, you tend to see these things on a few occasions. The Berry Master's plot was so magical... ;w;

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • I haven't seen the Berry plants change form, but I did see an Apricorn tree regrowing its Apricorn once.
    That one is much easier to see if you play late at night. :P

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I saw this once
    it was my first time playing Sapphire
    I took the berries from Route 104 (petalburg side)
    And planted them again and kept going form Petalburg to Forest
    and as i went past they sparkled ;D

Years
  • I do remember seeing this once.

I was growing some berries so I could make a certain Pokeblock (I honestly can't remember what kind it was, though), and I happened to go and check on them and the sparkles went around the berry tree right as I was about to press the A button on it.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • I've seen it by luck once, too. I wasn't trying to, but I just happened to be passing by when I saw the berry plant sparkle. I only vaguely remember it, though. x3

Pika-power

Jesus of Suburbia
    Years
  • Me too

That happened to me 2.
    I was playing sapphire, and the berry I planted went up with sparkles into the
    next stage.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I have seen it countless times. I spent many hours in Hoenn x3. It usually happens when you save, then cut it back on and resume your game. The Berry Plants go sparkle-sparkle :D

vaughanson

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2011
    cyanocarpa Thamnophilidae, also known as Turquoise Berry or the seal of Solomon native species of flowering plant in the Alstroemeriaceae family. It is a perennial that can reach 60 cm in height. The leaves are 3 to 8 cm long and 5-15 mm wide.

Backup

Maybe Next Time
    Years
  • Ah yes, I've seen this a few times before. :)

I remember the first time that I saw the berry plant change (I believe that it was a Pecha berry plant), I was all like "COOLIEO! THAT'S SO COOL IT JUST CHANGED RIGHT THEN! AWESOME!" But I was only like, 7 or 8 at the time. ^^;

I don't see the berry plants change all that often but they are rather amusing when you see them change.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I've never even known about the plants sparkling, let alone seen one actually do it. Maybe if I get bored one day, I'll try it. :P

blue

gucci
    Years
  • You'd have to be lucky too see something like this, anyway I've never seen anything like it.. I don't think, however the way people are mentioning sparkles, I might have recalled something like that.

Back