Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old January 30th, 2011 (12:40 PM). Edited March 4th, 2011 by Chaos Rush.
Chaos Rush's Avatar
im sexy and i know it
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Taylor Swift
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 1,296
Well uh... last time I said DarkViolet was getting a major makeover. Originally I was going to move to Ruby as a rom base, and use R/S/E style graphics.

But you know what? Screw 3rd Gen, as Spiky-Eared Pichu has shown that you can do a lot with 4th Gen with his hack, DarkDiamond.



Okay, so for those of you who don't know, this is basically a remake of the original 1st Gen Pokémon games, but with a more developed plot, resulting in (IMO), a more engaging Kanto experience.

Features:
*All Gym Leaders have new teams (except Brock)
*All Elite Four members have new teams
*Kanto music in it's original key
*The Team Rocket plot is slightly expanded. You can expect to see what Archer and Arianna were doing 3 years before HG/SS.
*Kanto Dex expanded 210 Pokemon.
*Some of the R/B/FR/LG dialogue is kind of odd... so they might get changed around a little bit
*Battles with your pseudo-rival, Red/Green. They'll have the starter that is weak to yours, while Blue has the starter that has the advantage over yours. Say, if you're playing as Red and you picked Charmander, then Blue will have Squirtle, and Green will have Bulbasaur.
*Battle Frontier, located on one of the Sevii Islands... haven't decided which one yet XD!
*I don't care about nostalgia. Therefore, I will do my best to make this game actually seem like a modern Pokemon game.
*SCREW NOSTALGIA!!!!
*Some more stuff... whatever

Screenshots:
Spoiler:





*Blue's sprite will eventually be changed to match his younger FR/LG appearance



http://www.mediafire.com/?as7yybl8gnksrve

It's a UPS patch, so that's why it's really big. I don't know of any other DS patching files.

Oddities:
*Oak's lab assistants have the same HG/SS dialogue
*Daisy has the same HG/SS dialogue
*All battle sprites are unchanged
*For some reason it plays the Johto wild battle music
__________________

My projects:
Untitled Pokémon fangame (pictured above) | Final Fantasy II NES retranslation | Mother 1/EarthBound Beginnings Color Restoration for GBA
Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete

Relevant Advertising!

  #2    
Old January 30th, 2011 (3:57 PM).
TCB's Avatar
YEAOH!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York City, USA
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 563
For some reason (and in my personal opinion), using HG seems more natural...
I love to see how the sprite for Leaf will look like in 4th Gen.
Not only that, it would be interesting to see how you'll deal with areas like Mt Moon(then again, you're good at this, so it wouldn.t be that much of a problem.)
__________________
Supporting:
  #3    
Old January 30th, 2011 (4:47 PM).
Al3x's Avatar
Pokémon Fan
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 299
This looks mega awesome but since the Kanto dex is gonna have 210 pokemon who will the extras be?
__________________

  #4    
Old January 30th, 2011 (4:49 PM).
Lost Heart's Avatar
Moderator PokéCommunity Daily Staff
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ohio
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 3,612
Wow, this is amazing! I love how you have figured out so much about hacking 4th Gen, and have put it to good use. Keep it up!
__________________
mod github pair
  #5    
Old January 30th, 2011 (5:03 PM).
Shiny Politoed's Avatar
Dreamer
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ice Caves
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 119
Looking forward to this :D I've wanted to do this so bad XD gonna be cool to see how you make MT.moon etc
__________________
  #6    
Old January 31st, 2011 (3:42 AM).
destinedjagold's Avatar
Oh Hai Thar~
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Posts: 8,516
I'm surprised to see an HG hack.
We can now actually make scripts with that base now?

Anyway, I wish you for the best with this hack.
I'm looking forward with this hack as well.
__________________


FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

  #7    
Old January 31st, 2011 (6:14 AM).
NejiForce's Avatar
Kh-Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Germany
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 40
I don´t like Kanto but actually i love the Idea hacking the 4th in a projekt
The most exiting is that you don´t stick to nostalgie thats a great Cadre
I hope that it doesn´t keep so long till the first good B/W hack
__________________

Soon My Projekt on Pokecomunity
  #8    
Old January 31st, 2011 (7:07 AM).
Chaos Rush's Avatar
im sexy and i know it
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Taylor Swift
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 1,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSonic View Post
For some reason (and in my personal opinion), using HG seems more natural...
I love to see how the sprite for Leaf will look like in 4th Gen.
Not only that, it would be interesting to see how you'll deal with areas like Mt Moon(then again, you're good at this, so it wouldn.t be that much of a problem.)
I'm not too sure how I'll deal with Mt. Moon. In the GBA DarkViolet, I made a compromise by saying that the small room in HG/SS is how it normally looks, and a Hiker discovered a much larger tunnel that resembled the original Mt. Moon map, pretending that the larger tunnel got blocked off 3 years later. Unfortunately I can't replicate that, as it would require map editing, which you can't really do with 4th gen yet.

But Mt. Moon is hardly a problem compared to Silph. Co and Cinnabar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3X View Post
This looks mega awesome but since the Kanto dex is gonna have 210 pokemon who will the extras be?
Mainly the Gen I Pokemon's Gen II and IV evolutions, such as Magby and Rhyperioir. Don't worry, it's going to be as Kanto as possible, so you won't be seeing any Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon.


Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
I'm surprised to see an HG hack.
We can now actually make scripts with that base now?

Anyway, I wish you for the best with this hack.
I'm looking forward with this hack as well.
With PPRE, yes, we can make scripts. Though it's a lot more annoying without a visual reference. But it's nice not having to keep track of offsets, so unlike 3rd Gen hacking, making a mistake is no big deal. Scripting is similar to 3rd Gen, but there's some functions I'm not too sure of but are necessary to use, such as whatever 'CheckLR 5' does.

Also, the Alpha release will contain Pallet Town and Route 1, just like the original GBA alpha. I know it's short, but I'm doing it to prove that what I've done is really possible.
__________________

My projects:
Untitled Pokémon fangame (pictured above) | Final Fantasy II NES retranslation | Mother 1/EarthBound Beginnings Color Restoration for GBA
Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
  #9    
Old January 31st, 2011 (9:00 AM).
Ultima1's Avatar
Pro Mapper
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46
Looks pretty cool, so it's based on red and blue.
__________________
Hacks that I support:





  #10    
Old January 31st, 2011 (9:07 AM).
Spiky-Eared Pichu's Avatar
NDS Hacker/Researcher
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
Well uh... last time I said DarkViolet was getting a major makeover. Originally I was going to move to Ruby as a rom base, and use R/S/E style graphics.

But you know what? Screw 3rd Gen, as Spiky-Eared Pichu has shown that you can do a lot with 4th Gen with his hack, DarkDiamond.



Okay, so for those of you who don't know, this is basically a remake of the original 1st Gen Pokémon games, but with a more developed plot, resulting in (IMO), a more engaging Kanto experience.

Features:
*All Gym Leaders have new teams (except Brock)
*All Elite Four members have new teams
*Kanto music in it's original key
*The Team Rocket plot is slightly expanded. You can expect to see what Archer and Arianna were doing 3 years before HG/SS.
*Kanto Dex expanded 210 Pokemon.
*Some of the R/B/FR/LG dialogue is kind of odd... so they might get changed around a little bit
*Battles with your pseudo-rival, Red/Green. They'll have the starter that is weak to yours, while Blue has the starter that has the advantage over yours. Say, if you're playing as Red and you picked Charmander, then Blue will have Squirtle, and Green will have Bulbasaur.
*Battle Frontier, located on one of the Sevii Islands... haven't decided which one yet XD!
*I don't care about nostalgia. Therefore, I will do my best to make this game actually seem like a modern Pokemon game.
*SCREW NOSTALGIA!!!!
*Some more stuff... whatever

Screenshots:
Spoiler:




*Blue's sprite will eventually be changed to match his younger FR/LG appearance
Thanks a lot for the reference to my hack! This hack looks very promising, and if you need some help, I'm available here! Although currently I'm a bit busy...
__________________
"Hacking has no limits. Don't try anything, DO IT!"

Jump into DS hacking with SDSME!


Beta 2 available!!


  #11    
Old January 31st, 2011 (9:14 AM).
metalflygon08's Avatar
BIG PECKS
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 189
Awsome, Hopefully your hack will finally burst the gates for 4th gen hacking over editing.

Some ideas for Silph, just make the elevator/strairs in Silph warp to the Radio Tower's floors, and change the people in it.

For Pokemon Tower, I have no idea.

For Mt. Moon, mabye edit a warp to direct you to Union Cave, but start from the bottem and go up?



If you need sprite help, well, not to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty good in the DPtHGSS style, (though I doubt you need any help) Since you will need Red's Back Sprite made, a New Giovanni Sprite(mabye), and Lorelei, Agatha, and Retro Blue sprites.
__________________

Current Fakemon Creation
  #12    
Old January 31st, 2011 (11:40 AM).
NejiForce's Avatar
Kh-Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Germany
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 40
Will you involve some newer Poki?(Would be cool to get Poki like Mudkip Geweiher or Shinux on Routes or in events)
(sry if the english names are different...)
__________________

Soon My Projekt on Pokecomunity
  #13    
Old January 31st, 2011 (1:03 PM).
metalflygon08's Avatar
BIG PECKS
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 189
While it is quite possible with HGSS to do OW battles for pokemon, IMO when you finish the whole game, It would be cool to make an -X version, that has all other Pokemon Available, like 1 493 patch.
__________________

Current Fakemon Creation
  #14    
Old January 31st, 2011 (1:40 PM). Edited January 31st, 2011 by giradialkia.
giradialkia's Avatar
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ireland
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 1,565
Good to see what you've been doing lately, Chaos Rush :)

Although I'll admit, I'm a little disappointed we don't get to see a GBA DarkViolet- I would have found it interesting to see the changes you'd have made.

I guess we'll still get to see said changes you had planned, though it'll be more difficult to implement them, no doubt. What you've managed so far is great, though- I hope, for the sake of this project, that someone cracks the whole 4th-gen mapping thing :P

As always, you have my support. Feel free to PM me when you want some private feedback or whatever.

Good luck! :)
__________________

I'm working on an album of Pokémon-inspired music. Check out the Soundcloud link if you're interested!


This is my Soundcloud | | This is my bandcamp
  #15    
Old January 31st, 2011 (1:51 PM).
Toa77's Avatar
A Creative Writer
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 27
Excellent, this is back! This is one of my more favorite hacks, so I can't wait to play the Alpha, even if it is short. But...ah, I'll ask when the patch is available.
__________________
  #16    
Old January 31st, 2011 (2:38 PM). Edited January 31st, 2011 by Chaos Rush.
Chaos Rush's Avatar
im sexy and i know it
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Taylor Swift
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 1,296
Thanks for the feedback everybody. Now it's pressuring me to finish up the alpha ;_; lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toa77 View Post
Excellent, this is back! This is one of my more favorite hacks, so I can't wait to play the Alpha, even if it is short. But...ah, I'll ask when the patch is available.
Well, I'm having some trouble perfecting the first rival battle script. Once that's done, I have to edit Blue to look like how he did in FR/LG, then I have to make sprites for Green (or "Leaf" as a lot of you guys like to call her), both overworld and in-battle. Then I have to make some music changes which shouldn't take that long, then I have to somehow change the intro sprites. And THEN the alpha will be released.

Also I'm toying with the idea of making Prof. Oak have blond hair like his OW sprite in FR/LG to help make it feel like 3 years earlier, and Cameron the Photographer will no longer be bald.

Edit: @giradialkia: There is no doubt that this will be impossible without map editing. But, I'm going to try and do as much as I can without map editing, and hopefully by the time I reach the point where map editing is necessary, there might be a map editor.


EDIT: You guys seriously don't know how much frustration was put into just having this work properly:
__________________

My projects:
Untitled Pokémon fangame (pictured above) | Final Fantasy II NES retranslation | Mother 1/EarthBound Beginnings Color Restoration for GBA
Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
  #17    
Old January 31st, 2011 (7:50 PM).
metalflygon08's Avatar
BIG PECKS
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 189
T'was wondering, once, not if, you finish this, will there be a possibility that you will relase a Yellow version? iirc the only changes would be the rival's team, your startng pokemon, Jessie and James, and that little script with Oak at the begining.


Also, what are your plans for the rocks south of Fushia? iirc they won't move unless the e4 is cleared, and certain events are taken care of.
__________________

Current Fakemon Creation
  #18    
Old January 31st, 2011 (9:13 PM). Edited January 31st, 2011 by 805587804.
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 57
Figure I do not understand the Pokemon you a heart of gold when the hacker to publish?Your golden heart to me before hackers can play under it? can then be sent to my mailbox now! My mailbox: [email protected], I can help you test! Thank you!
  #19    
Old January 31st, 2011 (9:35 PM).
Chaos Rush's Avatar
im sexy and i know it
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Taylor Swift
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 1,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalflygon08 View Post
T'was wondering, once, not if, you finish this, will there be a possibility that you will relase a Yellow version? iirc the only changes would be the rival's team, your startng pokemon, Jessie and James, and that little script with Oak at the begining.
Of course not. I hate the anime with a passion, and Pokemon Yellow is based off the anime. It bugs me how people think Yellow is the true 3rd version, yeah maybe in America, but in Japan the original paired versions was Red & Green, and the true third version was Blue. The Japanese Blue version had more in common with Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum than Yellow does. Ash and his yellow rat can kiss my donkey. You're supposed to start off Kanto with a Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle, not some weak rat from Viridian Forest.

Quote:
Also, what are your plans for the rocks south of Fushia? iirc they won't move unless the e4 is cleared, and certain events are taken care of.
By the time I reach that far, there will probably be known ways to map edit, as I would have had to dealt with Mt. Moon and the Rocket Game Corner by then. And I'm sure it's just a flag that let's you pass, as beating the E4 doesn't clear it.
__________________

My projects:
Untitled Pokémon fangame (pictured above) | Final Fantasy II NES retranslation | Mother 1/EarthBound Beginnings Color Restoration for GBA
Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
  #20    
Old February 1st, 2011 (10:17 AM).
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 8
I noticed this was called Pokémon DarkViolet and was wondering whether or not this was part of your Pokémon Saga?
  #21    
Old February 1st, 2011 (11:11 AM).
Kevin's Avatar
kevin del rey
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,689
Wow this seems amazing, bringing the FR/LG story into the 4th Generation. Nice job so far, with the scripting and events.

Glad to see some effort put into this hack. Good luck on DarkViolet, Chaos Rush. Take your time on creating an alpha/beta to distribute.
__________________
  #22    
Old February 1st, 2011 (6:27 PM).
Omega Zero's Avatar
Is back...
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: I'm always living aren't I?
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 445
Send a message via Skype™ to Omega Zero
This hack looks really good although it kinda killed
my buzz with 4th gen.
It'll take over 3rd gen and i'll have to learn everything
and go on that annoying emulator which hates me.

But i'm looking forward.

Oh, and to the post wayy above
yellow is much more different than that
there are different wild pokemon and
the trainers and gym leaders and such.
__________________
  #23    
Old February 2nd, 2011 (12:14 PM).
persian_17's Avatar
Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: far away island
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 30
Cool, Goodluck with this hack!! its awesome! i really like to see a hack that starts from kanto region then goes to johto region...
__________________
=(^.^)=
  #24    
Old February 2nd, 2011 (7:21 PM).
Chaos Rush's Avatar
im sexy and i know it
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Taylor Swift
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 1,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by duadga View Post
I noticed this was called Pokémon DarkViolet and was wondering whether or not this was part of your Pokémon Saga?
It's still part of Pokémon Saga, I just chose to not include it in the title because now that it's a DS hack, that's kinda like implying my planned Hoenn-based game, Pokemon Jade, would have to be made form a 4th gen game, which at this point is impossible. So right now the "Pokémon Saga" concept is just something on hold. The state of 4th Gen hacking in the future will determine whether this hack will become part of Pokémon Saga or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Zero View Post
This hack looks really good although it kinda killed
my buzz with 4th gen.
It'll take over 3rd gen and i'll have to learn everything
and go on that annoying emulator which hates me.
I can't stand playing hacks on an emulator, it amazes me how all of you guys actually do it. I only use emulators for testing, I play hacks on my DS. (But I'm not a pirate, piracy sickens me and I'm strongly against it. I only download roms of games I bought, and I only play hacks of games I bought)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Zero View Post

Oh, and to the post wayy above
yellow is much more different than that
there are different wild pokemon and
the trainers and gym leaders and such.
That doesn't change the fact that I dislike the anime and Pokemon Yellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian_17 View Post
Cool, Goodluck with this hack!! its awesome! i really like to see a hack that starts from kanto region then goes to johto region...
Who said I'll let you visit Johto? I intend for this hack to have everything that was once planned when this was a GBA hack. Including Sevii Islands. Obviously it's impossible without a map editor, but if AlphaMap ever gets released, then it won't be a problem.
__________________

My projects:
Untitled Pokémon fangame (pictured above) | Final Fantasy II NES retranslation | Mother 1/EarthBound Beginnings Color Restoration for GBA
Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
  #25    
Old February 3rd, 2011 (4:02 PM).
Lunos's Avatar
Uruguayan Random Guy
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 670
Woah! (i never post in the threads,but this hackrom...) :3! GREAT IDEA FOR A HACK!!!!! but...i have questions..

1)will exist Johto?
2)all starters are obtainables?
3)Red is from the Pokemon FR/LG? you not change he for the Red Version Red and Blue?
4)you put some 5th Gen Pokemon?
5)if you put Johto...what trainer is on Mt.Silver? Ethan?
and 6)you create a AntiFreeze patch for play in emulator?

Sorry my bad english,i talk spanish but use a translator :3 i'm wait answers

Peace~
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:34 PM.