• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Weekly Poll #12] Should Porygon Be Given Another Chance?

Should Porygon's family appear in the anime?

• Yes!

Votes: 27 90.0%
  • No.

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    [Weekly Poll #12] Should Porygon Be Given Another Chance?

First of all, if you're not aware of the Porygon controversy you should take a quick look at this article!

Arighty then, my question to you is whether or not the Porygon family should appear in the anime again. Porygon 2 and Porygon-Z never even got their chance to shine! This family is probably among the most beloved monsters in the franchise, but 2/3rds of them haven't even appeared in the anime yet! Should they be given a second chance in the future, or should we just leave them out forever?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I have to say, I don't really see why they didn't just cut those parts out in the first place.

But anyway, I do actually really love the Porygon evolution line, I find it a bit sad to see that we haven't seen a very Porygon based episode since then.

Obviously we won't be getting it any time soon, I can assure you of that considering the whole far away region with completely new pokémon. It could maybe happen in a filler season or maybe even an ark to promote some sort of upcoming game.

And also, i'm sure they wouldn't be stupid enough to add more of those bright lights and cause that problem again.

If we were to see it return I heres my idea for an episode;
    Ash, Iris and Dento find themselves on Route 17, they notice the "P2 Laboratory" and decide to take a look in. They notice an old Team Plasma member and he tells them about the Genosect revival thing. Then he shows them his Porgon 2 and want to evolve for -insert reason here- they go out trying to find how to evolve it and find the Dubious Disk then gives it to Porygon 2 and it evolves.

I know it's kinda suckish but it fits in well with the games plus you can find the Dubious Disk in the P2 Lab in the games so that could be a reason for Porygon.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    They should. I'm sure they won't make the same mistake again. If Porygon 2 was to appear--I would hope a trainer would use it in a battle. Same as Porygon Z.

Years
    I have to say, I don't really see why they didn't just cut those parts out in the first place.
    Apparently Maddi Blaustein said that an edited version exists, but can't be aired due to a worldwide ban placed on it by the Japanese government. Not to mention that it'd be disrespectful to air an episode that put so many children into hospitals. This particular episode wasn't even that important.

If we were to see it return I heres my idea for an episode;
    Ash, Iris and Dento find themselves on Route 17, they notice the "P2 Laboratory" and decide to take a look in. They notice an old Team Plasma member and he tells them about the Genosect revival thing. Then he shows them his Porgon 2 and want to evolve for -insert reason here- they go out trying to find how to evolve it and find the Dubious Disk then gives it to Porygon 2 and it evolves.

I know it's kinda suckish but it fits in well with the games plus you can find the Dubious Disk in the P2 Lab in the games so that could be a reason for Porygon.

I like this idea. I think we'll be seeing a little more non-Unova Pokemon as the series goes on.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    I think it they should get another chance. I mean, there are ways to have to have Porygon appear without thousands of kids having seizures. I think they should have a show. Probably a Team plasma dude having one.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    They really should. I mean, it's not even as if the Pokemon itself was controversial- it was the effects in its episode! Poor thing is subjected to such prejudices. D:

FlamingThunder

Years
    Of course! It was Pikachu's fault the flashing animation occured, not Porygon's, so I don't see why it can't appear in any episodes.

I agree. It's just so stupid that they didn't have to put Porygon2 and Porygon-Z.
    Porygon-Z is my one of my favorite Pokèmon. I want to see an episode with them..=( So Pikachu must be banned then.

Last edited:
    Years
    What does Porygon and its evos have to do with Seizures?

Pikachu caused the seizure, not Porygon. I think they should let Porygon, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z appear in the anime 'cos they're such nice, innocent Pokemon. Come on Japanese writers, don't give up on Porygon!

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
    Years
    If you look to both sides of the stories, Pikachu did cause the seizures but it is Porygon's color that was shown not Pikachu's. I recommend that they turn Porygon's color a little bit darker. They already did it with Porygon-Z so there's no problem with it, and the storyboard artists learned their lessons so they won't do it again...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    It wasn't Porygon's fault that caused the seizures in its debut episode; it was Pikachu's Thunderbolt. It would have been nice if Porygon2 and Porygon-Z made appearances in Johto and Sinnoh respectively.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    At this point, if Porygon2/-Z are ever going to appear in the animé, then they best be portrayed as powerful as they are in-game! I want to see Porygon2 shoot down Hydreigon with an Ice Beam and take out Ash's Pikachu, and Porygon-Z to duel with Genosect (which, seeing as Genosect has a type-advantage, it would have the upper hand, but Z should still put up a good fight and cause a massive amount of environmental destruction!)

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    Yes! I think they really deserve another chance since they're so cool! Though I doubt they will in Gen. 5. Unfotunately I doubt they will appear.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    But why would they make evolutions for Porygon if they weren't going to appear in anime?

I'm 110% sure they wouldn't make the same mistake twice, especially with Porygon's family.

Back