• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kanto Rewinded (K+)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Kanto Rewinded! (K+)
    Kanto Rewinded (K+)Kanto Rewinded (K+)Kanto Rewinded (K+)

"In the world which you are about to enter, you will embark on a grand adventure, with you as the hero. Speak to people and check things wherever you go, be it towns, roads or caves. Gather information and hints from every source.

New paths will open to you by helping people in need, overcoming challenges or solving mysteries. At times, you will be challenged by others and attacked by wild creatures. Be brave and keep pushing on.

Through your adventure, we hope that you will interact with all sorts of people and achieve personal growth. That is our biggest objective.

You have received a package with your starting pokémon, a few pokéballs, a pokédex of your own and the camera. Monday at 10 AM we expect to see you fully loaded outside professor Oak's laboratory in Pallet Town, to start your journey off. Let your adventure begin!"

That was what the letter said. You had known for some while that you would get it. Many kids got it nowadays, and always their parents panicked. But what could they do? The greatest TV company in Kanto was working together with the most well known pokémon professor alive and were offering their kid a rare pokémon of their own, as well as money and company on a journey across the country. How could they refuse? It could be mentioned that the parents also got paid. A lot.

This was all because somebody had gotten an idea a while back. Trainers were common across Kanto, but they were all so harsh and serious. Professor Oak wanted a way to show the world that pokémon training shouldn't have to be all serious and dangerous. And the TV company, Pokémon Entertainment Network (PEN) wanted a new show. 1+1=2. "Kanto Rewinded" was born.

Every month, new kids around Kanto got picked out for the show. Everybody followed it on TV. All children between ages 12-14 had the chance to get picked. Now, you have been chosen. Welcome to "Kanto Rewinded".

- You will team up and travel together with another trainer, because after all, kids shouldn't go alone on the roads or in the forests. Stay together. You are allowed to create one additional character, a sort of "NPC", to join you somewhere on the journey, which means a team can consist of 4 people at the most. The additional characters shouldn't own any pokémon and don't need SUs.

- Post length can vary, meaning, you can write either short posts or long posts, this is not a "chaptered" RP. Travel at any pace you'd like.

- Wild pokémon, if you want to encounter one and catch it, state so in the OOC thread and I will approve or deny it beforehand. I will approve of it if it's a pokémon that could likely be found in your area, but I will deny it if it's a too rare, strong or unlikely pokémon. If there's a special pokémon you know you want to capture, you can ask me in the OOC thread where you should travel to encounter it.

- Levels aren't important, but attacks are. Whenever you reach a new town, go to the pokémon center and find the representative from PEN. They will evaluate the tape in your camera. (meaning I, the GM, will give your pokémon new attacks and give you new items if you've done well on the last route) Normally, I will follow the level-up list of attacks from serebi, so it will be as if your pokémon level up. Sometimes, you can get a TM or egg move.

- Catch pokémon and fill up your pokédex,because at every pokémon gym, you will find an assistant from professor Oak's lab. Show your pokédex to him or her and if you've caught a good number of pokémon depending on how far you are on your journey, you will get nice items. When you have more than 6 pokémon, new ones get teleported into professor Oak's PC.

Now, this isn't exactly all there is to it... This whole show isn't just a nice story about two kids traveling. It is first and foremost a race.

You have to bring good videos to the PEN representative in order for your pokémon to grow and learn more moves, which means that you have to experience and write about many things on the roads, in the forests and caves and all. But it's a race, meaning the first trainer who conquers all the gyms in Kanto will win the show. Balance it well. You can't conquer the gyms if you rush through the routes without growing your pokémon. But you can't stay on fun routes forever and grow your pokémon, because you'll get left behind...

Be nice to your partner. You two, as a team, will participate in the race. But in the end, only one of you can win. But that's for later.

You should interact with your partner player a lot, of course. Either with normal posts (but make them decent length then) or by creating joint posts.

Aaand of course there's another catch. Some people around Kanto think this TV show is outrageous and have formed an organisation to protest. They are calling themselves the Protectors, and they consist of both women and men, young and old, undercover or openly showing. The TV team haven't told you or your parents this beforehand... not even professor Oak knows that the Protectors are getting more and more members. People who think young kids shouldn't be allowed to train pokémon since they are too young and would harm the pokémon with their battles. People who will try to stop you in any way they can...

At some point, you will have your first encounter with the Protectors. From then, you won't know whom to trust when you meet new people... how will this affect your journey and chances to win the race? But in the beginning, you won't know that the Protectors exist.

Starter Choices
    Kanto Rewinded (K+)

Cubone Taken by jackblaze
    Ground type
    Attacks: Growl, Tail Whip, Bone Club

Kanto Rewinded (K+)

Staryu Reserved for Skymin
    Water type
    Attacks: Tackle, Harden, Water Gun

Kanto Rewinded (K+)

Drowzee Taken by The Warden
    Psychic type
    Attacks: Pound, Hypnosis, Confusion

Kanto Rewinded (K+)

Sneasel Taken by DeepImpact-
    Dark/ice type
    Attacks: Scratch, Quick Attack, Taunt

Kanto Rewinded (K+)

Roselia Taken by Sewaddle
    Grass/poison type
    Attacks: Absorb, Growth, Poison sting

Kanto Rewinded (K+)

Croagunk Reserved for Yagerbomb
    Poison/fight type
    Attacks: Astonish, Mud slap, Poison sting

Certain Rules

~ The rating K+ means that violence in battles should be kept to the level seen in the anime. Heavy cursing isn't really necessary. Romance is allowed on the "cute" level.

~ Be active. If you only hang around PC for one week at a time or so, don't sign up.

~ Godmodding should be avoided as much as possible, but a pair of players on a team should discuss and decide between themselves to what extent it can be allowed. Sometimes it can be difficult to not move the story onward otherwise, since you must stick together. Try to use your additional character (if you have one) to get around tricky situations like these.

~ I play some NPCs, including the assistants at the gyms, gym leaders, PEN representatives at pokémon centers and professor Oak. Whenever you want to talk to them, treat them as if you would speak to any other player in the RP.

Name: (first and last)

Appearance: (body build, hair, face, clothes, accessories)

Personality: (dislikes, likes, reactions to different things, fears, how they treat people and pokémon)

History: (brief, about how and where you grew up and if anything special has happened)

Starter choice: (one that's not taken)

Teams:

1 - Jack Rodwell (jackblaze) & Ricardo Newton (-DeepImpact-)

2 - Staryu's trainer & Rhea Marino (Sewaddle)

3 - Robert Walsh (The Warden) & Croagunk's trainer

If you reserve a spot, please put your SU up within a day.

Good luck in the race!​

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Could you reserve me a spot with a Sneasel? I'll put up my SU in a few hours or so.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2020
    SR:
    Name: Gabe Hedgepath

Appearance: Gabe has Blond Hair, the Normal Body for a Boy his age, and Pitch Black Eyes.
    He wears Clean Blue Jeans, A red Shirt, Black Shoes, a One of a kind Snivy Cap he won, and a Backpack just like Hiberts.

Personality: Gabe is kind around people who love Pokémon like him.But if they hate them, he would be very aggressive.He has no real perference on Pokémon, but always counts on them, no matter what he has. He is in fear of most huge Legends,Like Zapdos.When new things are found about Pokémon, Gabe always wants to know about it, especially the finding of new Pokémon.If he sees a Pokémon being Abused by others, he will fight for them or help strengthen their willpower.He Loves Pizza and Mac & Cheese, but hates Seafood.

History: Gabe was the 2nd born in the Hedgepath family, which had a carefree life in Accumula Town, Unova. He and his mom Marge, His dad Bob, and his older Sister Zoey all loved pokémon, and really cared for them and their family pet, Rednose the Tepig.Gabe was the one who knew about Pokémon the most,as he always went on a Wiki online about the Creatures. He knew the names and appearance about all the 646 known pokémon.He liked to share he information with others, so he could share his love for Pokémon.When he heard about a Contest to win a One of a Kind hat,he was the 4,479 to enter out of the 1,000,000 +.Next thing he knew,he won the contest!He could not believe it.He won the cap and a nice trip to the Orange Islands with his family.This vacation changed his Life.He saw people being so harsh to pokémon, he felt so sad for them.This made him want to help every pokémon in need when he gets Older.Other then that, his family moved to Kanto so that they could go to the Orange Islands every summer.He found out another 3rd prize for winning the contest:A letter."The letter", Gabe called it.This letter let him go around Kanto to explore the world.This was his parents dream to have their Kids see the world;So they let him do it.He was now in
    Kanto Rewinded.

Starter choice: Staryu
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I stared at the Abra, I knew I could not lose it this time, I had to. I jumped, Quick Ball in hand.I had to get it this time! Next thing I knew, the 4th Abra Teleported away."IN THE NAME OF DERPY HOVES WHY!" I screamed out to all the people in Granite Cave."WHY!" I went to find another Abra, almost wanting to give up. I saw another Abra, but this one look different...."SHINY!SHINY!" I screamed. Lucky me,The shiny Abra did not pay attention to me, so I looked in my bag, I could not let this one escape!I had no Choice;I had to throw my Master Ball!"Go master ball!"I said, throwing it. It hit Abra's Back, I did it!I got a Shiny Abra!However, I forgot how loud I screamed "Shiny", so about 10 Hikers came running at me, saying each saying something like "Shiny? Its so mine!".I looked at them, and said, "Sorry,I just Master Ball'ed it." They each made a Face, and I was bombed with the Words "I'll trade you my Lv.100 Golem!" "I will trade you a Drizzle Politoad!" "I have a Zoura with Pokérus, do me!"
    and other things like that.When they were busy arguing on who was the best Pokémon to trade, I quietly left the cave, with my Shiny Abra that I nicknamed "Hocus" in my grasp.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I would like to Reserve Staryu,please.I'll make a good an SR soon.

I can reserve you, Pichu_fan, but I'd like you to add a RP sample at the end of your SU as well. Type up anything that comes to your mind, a battle or people talking or anything that is the same length and quality as a real post you would make in the RP.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I would like to reserve Croagunk. I will have my SU up later today.

Reserved, Pixy.

Can I reserve Cubone please, I will have an SU up by tonight.

You are reserved, jackblaze :3

As for Pichu_fan, I'm sorry but I'll gently deny you for this RP. Your character doesn't have a believable personality in my eyes, and your RP sample shows that you are not the kind of RPer I'm looking for. Keep practicing and writing in other places though!

Searn

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    May I reserve... (eenie meanie miney mo...) Roselia Staryu please?

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
  • I hope I'm not late ._.;

May I reserve Roselia, please? :3 I'll also have something later since I need to actually get out of bed and have breakfast/lunch and whatnot.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I hope I'm not late ._.;

May I reserve Roselia, please? :3 I'll also have something later since I need to actually get out of bed and have breakfast/lunch and whatnot.

Sure. Roselia reserved for you. Hmm... you're not Emma, are you?

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    My SU

Name: Ricardo Newton

Appearance: Ricardo is of average height and weight of a 14 year old. He originally had blonde hair, but dyed it black, because he felt it suited his nature. He is quite skinny, but is quite strong, due to his years on the road. He likes to keep his hair unkempt, and hates when anybody comments on his appearance. He has a lot of scars and bruises, due to his foster parents. Ricardo's eyes are blue, but he hides them by wearing contact lenses. he mostly wears black clothes, and avoids colorful ones, because of his obsession with black.

Personality: Ricardo is a very troubled child. Due to a very troubled childhood, he likes to keep to himself, and not speak much with others. He doesn't like to interact with others, and feels that people and friends drag him down, and that friendships and bonds are useless. He detests teamwork, and refuses to work with anybody. He does love Pokemon though, otherwise he wouldn't have been on Kanto Rewinded.

He is very competitive, and always wants to be first. He is irritable, and snaps at anybody who doesn't listen to him. He is rude, and doesn't care about manners. He also wants everything to go his way, and likes to give orders. He is very careless, and often misplaces things. Deep inside, he hates himself a lot, and sees Kanto Rewinded as an opportunity to correct his behavior, and improve himself and his personality.

History: Ricardo had a very dark childhood. When he was born, his parents died in an accident. Later, he was put in an orphanage in Vermilion City. He hated the place, and eventually ran away and escaped to Pallet Town, where he bonded with a family, who took him under their care.

Sometime later, Ricardo's foster parents had a kid of their own, and Ricardo was abandoned, and forced to live life on the streets. Eventually, the government found him, and he was forced to live with people he didn't like. The new parents hated Ricardo, and hit him a lot. Ricardo was hated by children at school too, which led him to hate people and friends. When the offer for Kanto Rewinded came, Ricardo's greedy parents felt it was a way for them to get famous, and Ricardo felt it was a way to escape from his sad life and improve himself.

Starter choice: Sneasel

EDIT: Done. If there's anything to be added, tell me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    RHCP: can I reserve that last place please, Drowzee is all that's left but that's fine. I'll get an SU done by tonight.
    I can reserve it for you if you get your SU up rather quickly.

Kanto Journey RP, SCORE!!!!!

Name: Ryan McCardle

Appearance: (body build, hair, face, clothes, accessories)

Personality: (dislikes, likes, reactions to different things, fears, how they treat people and pokémon)

History: (brief, about how and where you grew up and if anything special has happened)

Starter choice: Drowzee

Will finish ASAP.
    The Warden posted before you, so I'm afraid he will get the chance to post his SU before you. I'll let you know if a spot opens up.

Years
  • Just a little start

Name: Jack Rodwell

Appearance: Jack is of average height and weight but appears quite scrawny due to his lack of physical work, he is also isn't the strongest person around but he wouldn't consider himself weak. Jack has short curly dark brown which he just cannot bother to comb and has light blue eyes. He usually dresses in black cargo shorts that go past his knee and a red t-shirt that reads "Pizza is the best" which he finds hilarious. To go along with that he has a black leather jacket that he rarely zips up and wears black and white low tops to finish his attire. To go along with that he also has a red digital watch which alarms every couple of hours signifying nap time.

Personality: Jack is the sort of person that would say alot but never do anything to back it up, homage to the lazy nature that he has always had growing up. Jack dislike hard working to tell the truth he despises anything that has to do with him moving too much and his parents always detested that attitude saying "It's hard to love a son who is too lazy to move." He may be lazy but the one thing he has in his corner is his love for pokemon, he spends most of the time that he's not sleeping researching them and are probably the only things that could see him move from the t.v. Jack is usually a person you would see with a smile on his face since he is always happy, unless he's doing strenuous work and if you know him well enough and spent time with him he would be more than willing to tell you a few jokes. Despite his love for pokemon though Jack hasn't met many but the few he has were treated with care, like he thinks pokemon should be and vows that when he gets his first pokemon he will treat it like a sibling. One fear Jack has is that he wont be a success with pokemon because of how lazy he is and plans to do well and work hard if he gets the chance.

History: Jack was born and raised in Viridian City, the most boring city ever in Jack's view. Growing up Jack was a more energetic and active child as he was always running up and down the city waiting on trainers to enter just to see there pokemon and watch them battle each other. As he grew older and his love for pokemon grew with him he became even more enthusiastic about see them but since he was unable to leave the city it was a hard task. So Jack would resort to waiting at the city entrance again and again for trainers to pass by especially since the gym was always closed. It was here that Jack really began getting lazy when he realised the effort he put in to see pokemon wasn't worth it when he could simply go to the computer and search for them there in the comfort of his own home.

The chance to take part in Kanto Rewinded was a chance that Jack jumped at, figuratively of course, and he was also pushed to it by his parents who wanted him off the coach and finally making something of his life.

Starter choice: Cubone

Last edited:

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • (Took a little longer than I expected had quite a serious computer problem, but that's sorted know. Contact me if anything is amiss.)

Name: Robert Walsh

Appearance: As he is a very active person Rob is slightly taller and more muscular for his age. You wouldn't call him obese but he is a little over the average weight for his age and height, this is due to a combination of his muscular build and a love of unhealthy food. As he spends a large amount of time outside he has a near permanent tan. Both his hair and eyes are brown, his hair is normally short and clean but untidy. He has an oval face, with a larger than average nose and mouth, but small ears. Usually his attire consists of a pair of dark green cut-offs, a black tank top and on cold days, a navy blue hooded sweatshirt.

Personality: Robert loves the outdoors, he spends most of his free time hiking and his weekends camping, but prefers slow paced activities. He views his upcoming journey as something of an adventure his excitement lies just as much in the exploration of Kanto as in catching the Pokémon. Rain and bad weather, are two things that Rob dislikes, if only because they stop him from doing the activities he loves, large cities are also one of Rob's dislikes as he gets somewhat claustrophobic. At the end of a weekend camping Rob enjoys nothing more than a hot shower.

In general Rob is a friend to everyone, Pokémon included and is not by nature an untrusting person. He has quite a short temper and can hold a grudge for quite a long time if he feels he has been wronged. Rob is also quite a sensitive person, and easily gets embarrassed, offended or upset. Being sociable is a deep part of Robert and without friends or family around him he never truly enjoys his outdoor pursuits.

History: A small town just north of Cerulean City is where Rob has lived his whole life, his parents own a ranch and he grew up working on the ranch. He was his parents second child, with a sister two years older than him and a brother five years younger. It was his farm life that gave him a love of the outdoors.

His parents have never been rich and though Robert wanted to go out on a journey and explore Kanto as a child, deep down he know he wouldn't be able too. To be selected to go on a TV show is not something that interests Robert, as if anything he feels a little embarrassed about it, but it's part of the deal, he gets to go on an adventure and his parents get some money out of it so deep down he doesn't have a problem with it.

Starter choice: Drowzee

Last edited:

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
  • Name: Rhea Marino

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Personality:
    Spoiler:

History:
    Spoiler:

Starter choice: Roselia [preferably male and nicknamed Baron if we're allowed to choose genders and nickname our Pokemon]

---

I will change anything if need be; I'll even rewrite an entire section if you want me to! Also you are right on who I am.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The Warden and Sewaddle, you are both accepted. I really like your characters!

And omg you're RPing again 8D

As for the rest of you who have reserved spots, if you don't put up your SU within the hour, I'm afraid I can't review your SUs until Sunday evening, since I'm going on a trip today and won't come back until then.
    So be patient and the RP will start next week :3

@ -DeepImpact-, That's a very dark character o.o Are you sure you want to play with him throughout the whole RP?
    Sounds much like an Ash-Paul relationship is coming up if jackblaze's character is accepted xD

I guess you want to, since you did create him. You are accepted.

Last edited:
    Back