• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Things in B/W that irritate you - discussion!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Are there certain things in the Black and White games that really strike you as annoying? For example, it could maybe be the cutscenes, or the way something is executed.

Personally, I find the loading time for a lot of things very irritating. You have to wait quite some time before you can enter a building, or before you battle a trainer. With trainers, it takes so long that sometimes I'm not sure whether my game freezed or not (I muted the game most of the time, so I can't judge by the sound).

Hawk.

The Hawist
Years
  • Age 29
  • PA
  • Seen May 19, 2016
Load times, Lack of water Pokemon, most legendary Pokemon outside of Reshiram and Zekrom, and that's about it. Those irritate me the most and it was quite difficult playing the story. Oh and I also find the starter Pokemon quite irritating, but Oshawott is okay.

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
the fact that i traded in my DSi for a 3DS and now i have worse graphics.
i know it's DSi enhanced and all but really? i have an HD gaming system and i have blurry graphics?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I have a pretty good list of those:
-Having to catch Reshiram/Zekrom at the very end of the game. I would've liked it if they were caught a bit earlier than that so I could use them in the first round against the Elite 4.
-The rarity of Tynamo in Chargestone Cave. Seriously, those things were very hard to find, and whenever I saw one, I couldn't help but try to catch it.
-Having to trade Cinccino for Munchlax. Honestly, I would've liked a Herdier or Stoutland as the Pokemon to be traded instead.
-Clowns being changed to "Harlequins." I would've liked it if they stuck to "Clown" in the English version.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
- Forced capture of cover legendaries
- UI design being a little bit too basic in certain menus
- I wish there was an "extended battle animations" mode, because somehow it feels TOO fast in certain times...
- Featureless battle backgrounds

Years
Uhm, basically:

• Battle designs (err, too much "pixel-in-your-eyes" anyone? It's like playing with Red/Blu =/)
• All the battles with rivals (after every damned gym -__-")

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
Years
The pixels of your pokemon back o_O
Most pokemon design
The female character design
And pretty much everything else.
Ugh, I prefer playing Soul Silver after playing White.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I was irritated by the last of menu on the touch screen like HG/SS. That was something I really enjoyed, and since I never use my C-Gear, I just had a black screen for quite a bit of time on my touchscreen.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
These are the things that I found irritated:
1. The C-Gear thing since I did not use it a lot.
2. Holding the B button again
3. Surf is barely for the entire story.
4. Too many bridges

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
Years
I think the following are really annoying:
1. The fact you have to wait to get into a building
2. Allot of the pokemon designs
3. The way you get Audino in a shaking patch of grass (They give you tons of EXP more than many pokemon and if you wana battle one just keep running near grass until you see a shaking patch, then go on it but CATION it may take a long time)
4. The new B/W female Character (not as good as the other me think)
5. The legendaries, there is only one cute one!
And last the Gym, there was a really hard one at this library O_O

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
The Battle Subway! it's such a let down compared with the Battle Frontier on HG/SS. and the fact that only 2 people can connect to battle in the Wi-Fi room, me and 3 friend want to do double battles over Wi-Fi and team up to do Battle Subway Battle Frontier. Also trying to connect over Wi-Fi is so annoying!!!

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
What really irritated me about this game was the fact that you have the rarely used C-Gear on the bottom screen taking up space that could have been used for a HGSS style menu. Seriously, they should have just made it a key item that you can access from your bag.
What also irritated me was the removal of some very good features from HGSS such as Walking Pokémon and the automatic running shoes.

The back sprites and the load times never bothered me though.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Removal of some good TMs such as Stealth Rock and Giga Drain and "replacing" them with noob moves that are only good situationally, but I guess that could apply for the whole of this generation.

And, also...

Spoiler:

Ingo

Fire Breather Dick
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2013
Things that irked me
Lame battle theme
Lame wild pokemon battle theme
Lame Champion theme (But awesome battle subway boss theme, it should have only been for Ingo and Emmet)
Lame Rival theme and rivals (Although N was fantastic)
Lame Gym leader theme
Half of the pokemon this gen sucks (Although sme, like Scrafty, are good)
Awful C-Gear(Only used it for in game how about never)
Lame Victory Road (But good Music)
Barely any other types of Pokemon (How many new poison, fire, ghost types did you see? How many of them were good?
Lackluster tm's (They got rid of Drain punch! Ooh boy they must have added something bette- TM PECK! Trainer: Peck, when the heck in a battle will I use peck?

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
bianca and cheren. they were like stalkers or something, i mean they followed you EVERYWHERE, and then they always asked you to battle you're like all weak and stuff... it's kind of like gary oak all over again.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Cheren and Bianca battling you like every route
Having to battle N pretty often
How hard it is to level grind.
The forced capture of legendaries, and the shiny checks that were applies to certain legendaries.

Back