• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best place to hatch eggs?

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I thought of this during the recentI thought of this during the recentI thought of this during the recent Great Egg Swap.
    Most of you know the best place to hatch eggs in Sinnoh is between Route 209, Solaceon Town and Route 210. But what about the other regions?

For me it's
    Kanto: I usually ride back and forth on the Underground Path or Silence Bridge, Route 12, Route 13, and Route 14.

Johto: usually between Route 34, 35, and 36 or the Unground Tunnel in Goldenrod. In HGSS I sometimes go to Route 47 ,Cliff Cave and Route 48

Hoenn: usually go through Mauville City, Route 117 , and Verdanturf Town or the I ride back and forth on the Cycling Road over Route 110.

Sinnoh: Route 209, Solaceon Town and Route 210

Unova: I always start on Route 3, go through Pinwheel Forest, and then ride back and forth on Skyarrow Bridge and sometimes I go to White Forest and ride around. Not sure what I'll be doing for Black 2 and White 2 since part of Skyarrow is covered in ice but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

What about you guys?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I like hatching a Pokemon in a fitting place. Larvesta in Relic Castle, Eevee (if evolving into Umbreon) on New Moon Island or Black City, etc. If I need a fast hatch and don't give a crap, then probably the route with the daycare already there.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Depends on the Pokemon. I, being the lover of luxury, love to hatch eggs in:

Kanto (3rd-4th): Celdon City, Saffron City, or Vermilion City.
    Johto: Goldenrod City, Olivine City
    Hoenn: Lilycove City, Slateport City
    Sinnoh: Hearthome City, Veilstone City, Sunnyshore City, Resort Area
    Unova: Castelia City, Nimbasa City, Driftveil City, Undella Town

Those places make me feels rich, and when my Pokemon hatch in that area, they feel rich, too. B]
    -so conceited-
    But really, those places are just so comfortable to me, and seem like the perfect place to hatch an egg.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I only bred in Gen IV and V, so I'll say them here:

Gen IV: I usually bike up and down Solaceon and the routes above and below it to help warm up the eggs; sometimes I go out to Hearthome or Veilstone, then back. So my eggs tend to hatch anywhere in those areas.

Gen V: I simply bike from the Daycare to Nimbasa or Driftveil, then back. The egg usually hatches in those areas, or the areas between them.

Years
    I only have played HGSS and I ALWAYS use route 17. I swear they hatch so quickly after a few rounds of going up and down and best of all, i don't have to keep my finger on the down button since the game automatically drives my bike down the bridge.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2013
    If you're a true baller, then you'll use either:
    Victory Road, Elite 4, N's Castle, Relic Castle, or Dragon Spiral Tower.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Well, in B/W, I usually just go back and forth on the Route that the Day Care is on, with a Flame Body Pokemon, of course.
    If I really don't feel like it, I just go to the Battle Subway, stand in a specific spot, and then get something to hold the button down and leave it like that for a while. Always works.

WHen I played D/P/P, I got on my bike, stood in a specific spot, then went up and down!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I pretty much exclusively hatch things in the longest straight line near the Daycare. @_@ Occasionally, if I really like the Pokemon, I'll try to find a suitable place to hatch it, but I'm usually too lazy.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Most of the time I'm hatching eggs at the daycare or on bridges. I find those the fastest way to just hatch the egg. Other times I'm at my favorite city, walking around & stuff (Like Goldenrod in GSC and Iccirus in B/W)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    The only time I've really been bothered about eggs was Gen II. Because of this, I spent many a moon ridin' around Goldenrod on my bike trying to hatch all of those eggs. I'd try and get as straight a line as possible and yet trying to avoid the grass near the Daycare 'cause I didn't want to encounter a fugly Drowzee.

Years
    I like hatching a Pokemon in a fitting place. Larvesta in Relic Castle, Eevee (if evolving into Umbreon) on New Moon Island or Black City, etc. If I need a fast hatch and don't give a crap, then probably the route with the daycare already there.

Pretty much this exactly. I just hatch eggs at places I see fit for the pokemon.

If I dont know whats in the egg, then anywhere is good xD

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Kanto: Saffron City (around outer road)
    Jōto: Goldenrod City (up/down)
    Unova: Skyarrow Bridge

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    For me it's always the bicycle rodes because of the ramp pushing me downward helps with getting more steps. Everywhere except Hoenn. In Hoenn I travel around Hoenn to hatch all my eggs.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Same as Sydian, used to bother hatching Pokémon in a fitting spot, like Larvitar in BW in Twist Mountain which is absolutely perfect for him lol, I stopped doing that after a while though because it was just driving me crazy because I don't RNG so I have to breed for natures aargghhh.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years

I agree with Syd. That's how I am usually, I evolved my Eevee into Glaceon on Twist Mountain right at the rock :P If I don't have a fitting place I just use Route 3.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I love hatching eggs in places where there aren't any wild Pokémon, especially "Special" locations. My favorite choices for Gen III would be the Secret Base, and Trainer Hill in Emerald. For FireRed/LeafGreen, I would probably hatch them on the Sevii Island towns. In D/P/Pt I think I would pick a place like Snowpoint Temple, Full Moon Island, New Moon Island, Flower Paradise, or the Global Terminal—All because (I think most of them) they have their own location name data, which shows up in the Pokémon's records. I think my pick in HG/SS would be Mt. Silver even though it has wild Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2012
    in hoenn i just go left and right through mauville :p i think thats the best way for me to do it

Back