• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The thread of your dreams

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
  • Welcome to the thread of your dreams! Okay cheesy joke out of the way and on to the proper content;

This is the thread where you can discuss your dreams, nightmares or lack of either. Feel free to speculate on 'what could it mean?' for your own and other posters dreams/nightmares.
    This thread should also serve to discuss lucid dreaming. For those who don't know; lucid dreaming is where you manage to become aware of the fact that your dreaming and can actually control the progress of your dream in subtle ways.

I'll kick things off by starting with the most recent dream I had. It was kind of weird / creepy but I wouldn't call it a fully fledged nightmare.

I don't fully remember the entire dream but what I do remember is it started with me in a roller-coaster about to start. I was alone from what I could tell, and when the roller-coaster began I realized that it was actually a giant millipede that I was riding on. Strange enough but it didn't really register due to me not being lucid enough to question anything. Then the millipede-coaster entered a dark tunnel and emerged drifting placidly in what seemed like the depths of space. Before anything else happened my girlfriend rolled over and I woke up. It's a shame because It was quite an intriguing dream.

So I'll get you all started by giving a few topics;

Describe your most recent dream
    Have you ever had a lucid dream?
    Describe your most recent nightmare [If you feel comfortable]
    Look at a few other posters and try to see what their dreams could mean.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Ok. The last dream I had was there was an apocalyptic hurricane( or it was just really really bad) where I lived and I guess we evacuated because we were staying in this place that I guess was meant for people to stay during it. For some inexplicable reason my sister just had to leave to go back to our house for something and I went with her but she made me run outside in the rain to our house while she drove in her car 0_o it was really strange.

I havent had any nightmares recently and I dont think Ive ever had a lucid dream that I can remember.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
    Years
  • I've been having a lot of dreams lately, although I can't remember what really happened in them, I get this feeling once I wake up that I just had a really good dream, if that makes any sense. I've also been trying to keep a dream journal, but it's hard to remember to start writing it as soon as you wake up. I managed to write about one dream though. I DO, however, remember my last nightmare very well, even though it was probably more than a month ago.
    Spoiler:

I think I might start trying to post all my interesting dreams on this thread, it's pretty fun to write about them. :D

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    It's pretty hard to recall my dreams, but I'll do my best. I hardly remember most of them, but I guess I'll share one here! This was a nightmare for me years and years back when I was roughly 6 or 7, I'm surprised I still remember it to be honest. It isn't as scary nowadays but back then I was terrified of it.

It started out on a stormy day at school. The school bell had just rung it's usual merry tune and it appeared this would be a somewhat alright dream. As I walked, my teacher stopped me and told me to come with her for a second. Being six at the time, I didn't think of anything suspicious or strange, so I followed her back to the classroom. She then walked over to an abandoned corner in the classroom which I noticed had a few cracks in it.

She suddenly transformed into the ugly witches you see in movies like Snow White and the evil ones from The Wizard of Oz. Waving her staff around a large, wooden door appeared in place of the cracks and she then shoved me inside. Inside I found myself in a haunted house.

Ghosts appeared from every corner of the room making ominous noises, a giant...wait for it, sock hopped up bearing it's fangs. Yes, a sock. Anything can happen in dreams alright? Next up... a vampire similar to Dracula appeared and I still remember it's exact words to this day. "Blood.... I need...blood!" it cackled, hoarsely.

I was then brought downstairs and it appeared to be the dungeons. Yeah... they have about everything in this haunted house. Except happiness, I suppose. I was shoved roughly and then left there, before a huge monster appeared from the corner. It appeared to be some sort of mutant bulldog. That's when I woke up.

But yeah it was a rather.... interesting nightmare to say the least. XD

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
  • Loved reading about your dreams / nightmares :p not sure why but it's super interesting. I'm working pretty full-on at the moment but ill post about my more recent dream which was pretty hilarious when i get home tomorrow.

Also @Element0 I'd love to read more about your dreams!

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
    Years
  • I'm going to post about the dream that I wrote about in my dream journal that I mentioned in my last post. It's going to be pretty much just how how I wrote it in my journal, after a little bit of proof reading because I wrote this as soon as I woke up, in the dark, and it is riddled with grammatical and spelling errors. ._. This wasn't really a nightmare btw, just a very strange yet interesting dream.

Spoiler:

I'll have to try really hard to write about my next dream, because lately I've had plenty of opportunities, but no motivation to start writing as soon as I wake up. o3o

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Last night I had a dream where me and a bunch of old friends and classmates where in a room full of old computers and we were supposed to do something. In the room were a bunch of really old webcams and me and my friend Ben were trying to hook one up so I could go on Facebook and take a picture of my new haircut. They were huge and really clunky and big enough to fit on the old computers of the 90s. Actually looked nothing like real old webcams of the 90s/early 00s but my brain probably didn't know what old webcams looked like. They were really boxed with rounded corners and somewhat resembled a Kinect, but some where smaller and white. Unfortunately none of them seemed to want to work on our computers so we had to try to hook one up to giant TV monitor. Eventually one got one attached to the TV and I was able to see my face on the screen, but since the TV was so big, everyone else was able to see me too. Still I proceeded to go on the internet and go to Facebook and attempted to take my picture. Though it wouldn't let me take the picture and I also didn't have the courage to do it in front of everyone watching and some laughing to themselves. Many minutes later I noticed something else was up. My hair went from being an inches and half long to 3-4 inches long. I try to mess with it to make it look shorter but it whatever I did just made it messier. Then I woke up and wondered how my hair went from really short to long in an instant but I guess that's how dreams go.

I can't remember any recent nightmares I've had. Though I remember a dream where I was in my room with a bunch of people I've never met in real life and we were playing a game where we murdered each other for fun. We also had the ability to respawn and come back to life. I wouldn't call that a nightmare myself though.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Last night, I remember that I dreamed in here (in PC), about to check the Friend Lists. I found out 2 of my friends (from PC as well), are on the contact lists (but unchecked on the check box inside the friend's avatars), but strangely the Friend check box is filled. So I decided to fill the check box and the next thing I know, I have woken up.

Strangely sometimes I'm experiencing lucid dreams, like the dream that I've explained earlier.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I legitimately had a dream last night where I took over PC and made it so that it went under lock down. What could that mean? :I

I also had a dream a while back where my crush ran after me as I was driving away and kissed me. Yeah, I know that sounds like something straight out of a movie, but it happened, and I want to know what it means. :c

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
  • So; Update on the most recent dream.

I was driving around, in an unknown city with the purpose of going somewhere but I didn't know where. Suddenly sirens and flashing lights everywhere, and a cartoon-esque thief [think black mask and bag of 'loot] run passed chased by police riding cows with sirens on their horns. Yup. they careened down the street smashing cars to the sides and around the corner after the thief. The sirens faded into the distance and I just continued driving like normal. Then I hear a strange buzzing noise and realize that there is a fly[?] in the car. I look around a bit as the buzzing gets louder and louder, until its unbearable and a gigantic fly lands on my face. In hysteria I attempt to swat the overgrown bug away and I'm woken by.... yup. I smacked myself in the face in my sleep. The buzzing turned out to be my alarm.

I'm a fool.

Years
  • Actually for some reason I have been having a lot of trouble remembering my dreams as of late, it is usually kinda hard but for the most part fragments always stuck with me until recently.

I ave always been interested in lucid dreaming but I'm cautious about the effects on ones brain it could potentially have, other than that I really want to try induced lucid dreaming since actual lucid dreams are few and far between.

@Bloodex - being rather blunt here but both of those sound like wishful thinking manifesting in dreams to me.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • @Bloodex - being rather blunt here but both of those sound like wishful thinking manifesting in dreams to me.

I chuckled =P

I have no interest to rule PC, though. Too much responsibility :c And as for the latter dream, well, I already asked her out and she had said no.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I smacked myself in the face in my sleep
    That's funny. X}
    I once woke myself up by bashing my face into the wall haha.

I usually can't remember my dreams, tbh. But when I do, they're weird and nonsensical. Most of the time, at least.

I've noticed that my dreams sometimes contain memories, though, or at least refer to them. For example, I used to scratch words into my forearm and converse with a friend that way (she would do the same thing in reply). In one particularly weird dream, I remember looking at my arm and seeing one of the words on it, but it was a scar then.

Years
  • @Bloodex - Well my explanation for the latter would still apply then would it not?

First dream I have been able to remember in ages! Now, the anti-climactic part... I dreamed that my cat threw-up all over the house. I think perhaps it was because of today's looming rental inspection but any other ideas as to why that disgusting visage is the only dream I have been able to remember are appreciated.

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
  • My last dream was me surfing in Hawaii. :3 And I saw Pokemon at the sea and capture them with my Pokeballs I don't where I got the Pokeballs. Then Kyogre appeared and I caught it with a lure ball and have Kyogre battle Wailord. Then I realized I can fly and became acting like Goku and go super saiyan and defeat all of the Pokemon.

And yes I have weird dreams.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • The last dream I remember was I was going somewhere on holiday and on the plane was some people from forums and site that I visit. The plane never got to the place it was flying to because I woken up.

my dreams are kind of normal.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • My most recent dream was that I was being shown through a house by a real estate agent asking us to rent it, but it looked exactly like the house I live in already lol.

I don't know what it means, but it's kind of mundane lol

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • Recent dream, I dunno...but the latest one that I can remember was the one dream I had where all of my old classmates where running around the town, and I chased them down. I saw them form a huge line where they proceeded to in a hotel where they said that they were having a reunion and I wasn't invited.

Years
  • Earlier today I was working on something with someone and they had my laptop but without realising it I does off and dreamt we were in the same room but I had the laptop and it was open on MS Paint for some reason. But my mind was still mostly active, although I didn't realise I was dreaming, (almost lucid), so I was actually really confused as to how I got it which was made worse by me waking up and finding it was back with her.

Back