• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will we ever see a return of the pokemon follow feature?

Years
  • I would definitely love to see a return of the follow feature in any future games.. I loved it in Generation IV by getting to interact with your Pokémon and picking up the occasional item as well, and I was really upset when that feature disappeared in Gen V.

Years
  • With the number of Pokemon there are now I would understand if they didn't want to bring it back, but I would love it if they did. It was one of those little things that helped you get immersed in the games, kind of like how in X & Y we can customize our trainers. Anything like that which gives you a little more control over what you're looking at as you play through the game is great because it helps break up the monotony.

I'm not gonna hold my breath for its return. I can just hope they give us something new and just as interesting.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It was a really fun and neat feature, and certainly something I would love to see return. I don't expect it to come anytime soon, sadly, but it occurring for all Pokemon was a great surprise in HGSS.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • It has been one of my favorite features in any of the games. I was pretty disappointed it wasn't in X and Y, but I didn't figure it would have been.

Maybe it will come back again! I hope so!

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    I've seen a lot of people talk about the size of certain Pokemon being an issue. It's not as big of an issue as you might would think. It's not like they would have the Pokemon stay true to size. They would stylize them, just like they did for Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

The issue is, that it would require at least one additional model for nearly every single Pokemon. So that would eat up a lot of the budget. They would also have to forgo most of the fancy camera angles because there would be a big risk of the Pokemon overworld model getting in the way. I could definitely see the walking cycles being a challenge as well.

I wouldn't say that we'll never see the feature return but I don't think it will be any time soon.

Years
  • Why not? Size and such can certainly be weird and unrealistic but I'd love more ways to connect and bond with my Pokemon. I honestly hope they can incorporate this feature to be a permanent thing in Pokemon games in the future.

Back