• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spring 2014 Anime Chart

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
  • The Spring 2014 chart is out.

There's several anime I'm interested in this time around. One of which is the new Bones anime Hitsugi no Chaiga. Normally I'm not into the type of anime it's describing, but it seems to also be a comedy so it might be worth a quick watch for humor purposes. A friend of mine is a fan of the Atelier series so the adaptation kind of lures me. aaaand lastly Gokukoku no Brynhildr cuz me and Blade gasm'd over the dramatic-as-hell trailer.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Wow...

That's the most impressive anime line up list I've seen in a long while.

I am not kidding when I say I wanna check out almost every single one of those. >__>

I don't think I will, due to lack of time, but originally I was only expecting to watch Haikyuu, and Mekaku City Actors. Now there's like 30000 others that look neat.

Zet

Years
  • And JoJo Part 3 wins best anime of Spring 2014.

Also I wonder why Fairy Tail needs a reboot. I guess another Animation studio is doing it.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei is a show that should be interesting. I've enjoyed the manga so far, so I hope the anime will be enjoyable as well.

Years
  • Been looking at this chart since the start of the Winter season and the only one I'm genuinely excited about is Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. Although I'm interested in seeing Black Bullet, Gokukoku no Brynhildr, and possibly the Atelier one. Nothing else seems to catch my attention \:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Well... looks like I'll be watching a lot next season too ;;

I'm so excited for Fairy Tail to come back <33

Also, what is with Soul Eater Not? Does anyone know if the original Soul Eater characters involved at all? Also I find it amusing how Tamako Market got a movie I wonder what it's going to be about since the anime wasn't very good.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Also, what is with Soul Eater Not? Does anyone know if the original Soul Eater characters involved at all? Also I find it amusing how Tamako Market got a movie haha I wonder what it's going to be about since the anime wasn't very good.

If I recall, Maka and Soul are definitely in it, though they aren't major characters.

I'm glad Tamako Market got a movie; I thought the anime was cute. I didn't watch it all because it actually did get a bit boring near the middle-end. Though I can't think what the movie would possibly be about...

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Captain Earth
    BONES! This one gives me Eureka Seven vibes, which is one of my favorite anime. So naturally, this is the spring anime I'm looking most forward to seeing. The main character looks young enough to get some major development too, so I hope this one doesn't disappoint.
    Gokukoku no Brynhildr
    You had me at someone dying and magic / sci-fi powers. I'll be honest, ehehe. I randomly clicked on this one and liked the PV. Looks interesting enough, and Arms animated Elfen Lied, so there may be some epic dark moments.
    Hitsugi no Chaiga
    Another Bones anime, though I do like the character design of the girl who carries around the coffin. The picture I'm seen floating around being [this].
    Black Bullet
    I like the genres, but the PV's animation and soundtrack were engaging enough. There was a sense of tension and urgency; poor Tokyo can't catch a break. I'm willing to give it a shot.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • If I recall, Maka and Soul are definitely in it, though they aren't major characters.

I'm glad Tamako Market got a movie; I thought the anime was cute. I didn't watch it all because it actually did get a bit boring near the middle-end. Though I can't think what the movie would possibly be about...

Okay, thank you c:

I thought Tamako Market was cute too. There just... wasn't a lot to it. From what I've heard it didn't make much either? So I guess this is their last chance to redeem the franchise. Tamako bb looks so serious in the movie poster, so I'm really curious because I think she was smiling the whole show, haha.

Also I wonder why Fairy Tail needs a reboot. I guess another Animation studio is doing it.

I think Fairy Tail was always planning on pulling a One Piece / Hunter x Hunter by continuing on for like a thousand episodes since the 175th one ended with "To Be Continued" (idk if you've seen it or not ;; ). Now that they've announced some changes I'm assuming the anime was paused so that they could switch studios and make those changes. ^^

Also there's a Ping Pong anime omfg.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Surprisingly, spring is pretty packed. And it seems that there is no leftovers from winter? That's pretty interesting. Anyways, time to make a temporary list.

Will be watching/interested:
    - Atelier Escha and Logy (Yaaaay, finally! An Atelier game animated :D)
    - Black Bullet (The setting seems pretty interesting, so definitely keeping an eye out for it.)
    - Love Live 2nd (idoooools.)
    - JoJo Part 3 (YES. JOJO GOODNESS.)
    - Soul Eater Not! (moe.)
    - Date A Live II (Kurumi! Kotori! Miku!)

Might watch/considering:
    - Mahouka Koukou (I'm curious on how Madhouse will handle this. If they're doing a decent job, I'll watch it. If not, well...)
    - Kanojo ga Flag (Reminds me of Noucome, so I'll watch the first two episodes before making a decision.)
    - Hitsugi no Chaika (Look's interesting, I'll take a peek at it.)
    - No Game No Life (This is a very tentative maybe right now.)
    - Ping Pong The Animation (HOLY. LET'S GO. I'll watch the first episode just because of the title.)

Also, what is with Soul Eater Not? Does anyone know if the original Soul Eater characters involved at all?
    It's a spinoff with another set of students. From what I've read from the manga, it's less serious, and more cutesy. Characters from Soul Eater do make cameo appearances though.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I will watch about 20 series as usual but...

Mahouka... Mahouka... MAHOUKA! I seriously cannot wait.
    It's anime of this year for me, for sure. Like... I have nothing missing there, HanaKana, Madhouse animation, fantastic plot, ultra mega super uber OP emotionless protagonist voiced by Nakamura Yuuichi, incest kawaii imouto voiced by Saorin, psions, pushions...

Thanks to that, I don't even have power to hype about my loved Atelier series, Gaworare and return of Fairy Tail because... Mahouka.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    OMG! So many sports anime... I like!

I will be watching Mushishi soon just to watch the second season.

I will also be watching Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to since I've read the manga already. Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei is a series that my friend has always ask me to read the LN, so I guess I will be watching that.

Other than that, I will be trying Isshuukan Friends, Haikyuu!!, Gokukoku no Brynhildr, Baby Steps, Ping Pong The Animation.

I might watch others too.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Hitsuga no Chaika also caught my eye.

I'm a bit confused on the Fairy Tail front >< I don't really see a point in a reboot? I hope that's just a poor translation or something.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I'm a bit confused on the Fairy Tail front >< I don't really see a point in a reboot? I hope that's just a poor translation or something.
    Reboot? It's a continuation. No Reboot.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei is a series that my friend has always ask me to read the LN, so I guess I will be watching that.
    You should seriously read it =) In my opinion, it's the best Light Novel there is.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I'm a bit confused on the Fairy Tail front >< I don't really see a point in a reboot? I hope that's just a poor translation or something.

As Satoshi said, it's a continuation as a result of, if I recall, switching animation studios.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • Soul Eater Not,No Game No Love,Mekaku City Actors and Majin Bone for me. I see other things like the Avengers and Yugioh but I'll wait for the dubs. Would be shocked if Disney does not get the Avengers anime. Isshakuken Friends looks good too actually. But why is FT getting a reboot? The cahrecters look the same so it is not like a Shippuden or Z.

Also where is the Haruhi spinoff? Wasn't that a Spring title?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    As Satoshi said, it's a continuation as a result of, if I recall, switching animation studios.

Ah, see that's what I thought. They use the term 'reboot' in the link in the first post though so I was confused ;-;.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Ah, see that's what I thought. They use the term 'reboot' in the link in the first post though so I was confused ;-;.

Yeah, I was confused at first as well.

What issues? It'd be brilliant to see that animated.

That probably would have been one of the only things I would be guaranteed to watch as it was airing of the things that are and could have been on this chart. :(

What exactly is it? Don't think I've heard.

Back