• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Video Game Company/Developer/Publisher

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Do you have a favorite developer or company for a group of video games?

For me, I'm personally a huge fan of Bethesda and their works; their newest game, a horror game called The Evil Within, looks really promising and I like seeing them stretching out into a genre of gaming that they haven't really dabbled in before.

Spoiler:

TY

There is only one company/developer that takes my #1 spot, and that company is now dead. It is Westwood, and it was responsible for the greatest RTSs of all time, untill EA pulled the plug and took over. Shamefully in their period EA also pushed them to release their games earlier but still they created some nice RTSs like Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2.

Honorable mentions go to Blizzard, Totem Arts, Microsoft Games and Gearbox.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    I like DICE, the Battlefield series is simply amazing. Honourable mentions to Respawn Entertainment, made up of ex-Infinity Ward members. For independence, they did one hell of a job.

mangamusicfan

The Lost one.
    Years
    Hmm..
    No I don't Really Have a favorite, Some I like more then Others but it's not that: OHH ITS FROM GAME FREAK SO I NEED TO BUY THAT.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Ubisoft Montreal, Bioware, Naughty Dog, Rockstar, Bethesda, Obsidian, Telltale Games, Quantic Dream, Square Enix, Rocksteady, CD Projeckt Red and Kojima Productions are all amazing studios that continue to deliver quality games.

EDIT: F*ck me I totally forgot about Valve

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The idea of having a favorite developer seems pretty silly to me.

I like to not have very high expectations, so I'd rather not have a favorite developer. Hell I don't even know who'd I'd call my favorite, since video game developers tend to be very inconsistent.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I like to not have very high expectations, so I'd rather not have a favorite developer. Hell I don't even know who'd I'd call my favorite, since video game developers tend to be very inconsistent.

^ This.
    It seems like every time I get into a game series, the developers come out with, "Let's take this in a new direction to get x fanbase interested." RIP Capcom.

But seriously, I don't think there's a handful of games from any one company that I really loved. There's a few that are close to my heart, but just because I loved Eternal Darkness doesn't mean I care what else Silicon Knights put out while they were around.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Egosoft GmbH., German developer of the X series. They take a lot of time following each release to improve their games, and continue to support every X title. They even add content during this process, up to years after release. Seriously, who else does free content updates for singleplayer games? I guess it's because they're a small company; they can often work closely with the modding community.

Years
    Square Enix will always my favourite company because they developed my favourite series of all-time, Final Fantasy! Not to mention they are also responsible for Kingdom Hearts, which is another series I enjoy. They might not have their crap together for Final Fantasy XV, but I still respect the company and look forward to their games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Definitely Nintendo; been playing their games ever since I was a kid. Legend of Zelda, Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Star Fox, and ton of my other favorite series come from them. :] Alongside, I also like Capcom, Ubisoft, Rockstar, and Bioware.

Yukari

Nintendo, Square Enix, and Sega are some of my favorites. But honestly I have a favorite, because of, as spinosaurus pointed out, inconsistency.

Last edited:

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    Valve because... I mean come on, it's Valve.
    But a close runners up would be Bungie. Mainly cause their staff and creations.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Why do you think so?
    Having a favorite developer sometimes makes you buy a game you consider but cannot decide whether to buy it or not.
    Did you not read the rest of my post?

Also that is silly as hell. High expectations get you nowhere in the video game industry. I'm not gonna buy a game simply because my "favorite" developer is on the boxart.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
    Square Enix/Soft - Lots of classic memorable JRPGS
    Level-5 - DARK CLOUD!
    CyberConnect2 - .//hack series
    Naughty Dogs - TLoU, Crash, Jax & Daxter, Uncharted

Back