• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Keystones [T] [OOC/SU]

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024

Keystones

This is the OOC/Sign-up thread. The IC thread can be found here.
    WbOnbm8.jpg

The middle-aged man sat, tired, in his chair at the end of the long boardroom table. He sighed. They were such perfect, beautiful objects. Why did they have to get rid of them?

"…Are there any objections?" He called out. He knew that however risky or awful the plan was, his board had to go through with it. If there were any alternatives, he'd gladly take them up – but there were none; things had progressed too far for that now. This was the final solution.

Hearing no objections, he continued.

"Very well, then. See to it that the artifacts are sent out immediately. Clean them first, they look horribly dusty. We wouldn't want our recipients thinking us cheap."

No-one laughed at his joke. He sighed again.

It had been a very long day.

Plot

You are someone living within the world of Pokémon. After a long day's work, you sat down to rest somewhere. Regardless of location, it was waiting for you. A plain box wrapped in brown paper and tied with string, no larger than a shoebox. Covered in dust, it looked like it hadn't been touched for years. On it sat a single tag – bearing your name.
    Inside the box you found, buried in packing foam and wrapped in bubble wrap, a strange stone. It shone magnificently, and looked like it had a double-helix structure inside. It strangely resembled one of your Pokémon.

Upon further inspection, you found a curious envelope with a red wax seal in the box. The letter inside said…​

Hey, a present for you and your friend. Even though it looks valuable, don't sell it. Let no-one else know about it. Please.

In the bottom-right corner was the number '1'.

Regarding the letter as little more than a curiosity, you placed the stones somewhere you'd remember them and then went about your business for the rest of the night, before eventually going to sleep.

The next morning, instead of waking up in your own bed, you find yourself in the middle of a thick forest. It's early morning, and absolutely freezing. You can't see or hear any people or Pokémon. When you sit up, you notice a bulky backpack – with another envelope on top, addressed to you. It bears the number two, and says…​

Expect more letters - the situation has become complicated. Anyway, three of your companions made the trip with you. Remember: Your supplies will last a week. The fog is too thick to navigate through via the air – good luck. Have fun.

Where are you? How did you get here? Why did you get those weird stones?
    There's only one way to find out. Time to get exploring – but be careful, you may not be alone…​

[Press Start]

'Keystones' is an RP in which you take the role of what was once an ordinary citizen of the Pokémon world, Trainer or otherwise. Thrust into an unfamiliar new world, your primary objective is now survival. Your character has no more than three Pokémon to their name, and a strange shiny rock. The Pokémon may be of any evolution level, but one MUST be able to Mega Evolve. Those stones? You got 'em for a reason.

Within the backpack, you find up to three Pokéballs containing your own Pokémon. The backpack has enough food and water to last one person roughly a week, so if you don't find more food soon you're in trouble. The more your Pokémon have to eat, the less you will last without finding a food source. Other supplies will vary on a character-by-character basis and be assigned upon the RP's beginning.

The RP begins in a forest shrouded in grey fog, which gets worse the higher in altitude you ascend. This makes an escape via flight incredibly difficult. Any Psychic types trying to teleport reappear exactly where they were, but with a nasty headache.

You'll have to hunt for food, which means trying to catch some of the unfamiliar local wildlife, scavenging for edible plants or trying to find civilization.

At any stage, the GM (that's me) may decide your character has stumbled upon another letter. If this happens, its contents will be PM'd to you – what that character does with it from that point is up to you.

Finally, the Mega Stones: Characters are each given one Mega Stone that matches a Pokémon you carry. These will not be usable as soon as the RP starts, but you will later acquire the Keystones necessary to activate them.

Rules

1. The GM's (That's me!) word is final.

2. No powerplaying, godmodding, etc. Minimal bunnying should only be done with permission of the character's player.

3. Keep in mind this RP is rated T – mild violence and romance are permitted, but heavy gore and more explicit romance are off-limits. Be sensible about what you write.

4. Be active! Too many good RPs have died by procrastination's blade. If you are inactive for too long without prior notice, you will be given a warning. If you fail to heed the warning, your character will be removed from the RP in a manner of my choosing. It will not be pleasant.

5. Be mindful of other players OOC. In universe, your character can be the biggest jerkwad they want to be, but out-of-character that has consequences.

6. No characters are permitted to own Legendary Pokémon of any kind.

7. Mega Evolutions from Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire are currently off limits, this may change as time goes on and we find out more about them.

8. To prove you have read these rules, you must include the password, 'MY LEG!' somewhere within your signup.

9. You may reserve a slot (and a specific mega stone) for up to three days. If you take any longer than that, the stone and character slot is up for grabs by any other player.

10. Have fun! If you fail to have fun, bad things will happen.

Sign-Ups

Sign-Up Sheet

Spoiler:

All signups must also include a mini-bio for each of your character's Pokémon (Remember, no more than 3 and one must be able to Mega Evolve)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

crnage

sexy symbiote
    Years
  • ooh! may i reserve an Abomasnow and Abomasite? i'll work on my SU later today or tomorrow, just wanted to swoop in before anyone else did. this is a great idea! i really like it!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2018
    If I may, I would like to reserve Gengar and Gengarite. I'll likely get my SU up later tonight, or stay up trying.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Alright, you three have all been reserved for three days as of this post.
    Meanwhile, I'm going to sneak in my own reservation for Venusaurite.

crnage

sexy symbiote
    Years
  • [SIZE=+1]Moxie Abbott[/SIZE]
    tumblr_ljan8rYGfo1qb7h7x.gif

[SIZE=-2]trans female ;; age nineteen[/SIZE]

Appearance
    [size=-1]Moxie stands at a menacing 4'11", hardly tall enough to be useful for anything more than an armrest. Despite her birth, due to estrogen pills prescribed by her generous doctor she's acquired a passably feminine body, with a slight curve of the chest and hips (stomach too). It's not much to be proud of, but she's proud. Besides her body, another one of her "prides" is her hair: which is a dyed auburn and rarely behaves, falling in a wavy mess around her shoulders. Her eyes, passed down from someone she has never even met, are a interesting, but not at all unusual, shade of gray, and almost always coated with a thick mascara and light streak of eyeshadow. Freckles dust her cheeks, shoulders, hips, and arms. For clothing, she prefers to stick to light colors, things like skirts and sparkly sweaters for a perfect mix of preppy and girly. She has various bags and shoes to match each and every one of her outfits, it'd be a shame if she was somewhere without one of her fashionable purses.[/size]​

Personality
    [size=-1]Moxie normally means "determination or nerve", but what this Moxie means is "shy and reserved". She's always been this way, a skittish little girl who could never do anything on her own. Prone to anxiety, Mox even had a problem approaching the people behind the counters at the Pokémon Centers and Pokémarts. Even now she struggles to grab a hold of her worsening attacks, triggered if she thinks too much about a certain thing, and although her Pokémon try to soothe her there's little they can do when it comes to talking her through it. However, they have helped her to become more confident and put herself out there, but she'd rather stay to herself and converse with her team, though they may not always be good listeners. If any human manages to forge a bond with her as close as the ones she shares with her trainees, they'd be quite surprised to see the quiet bud blossom into an annoying flower. Despite being fifteen, Moxie still acts like a child in some aspects, whining and making mediocre jokes seem to be her favorite pasttimes. It's hard to coax that aspect of her personality out of her though, reserved from being told she was annoying and needed to shut up one too many times. Not so harder, to coax the flirty side of her out. She may act like a shrinking violet, but place her in a room with at least one good looking person and he turns into a giggling mess. Add someone she knows and can whisper to, there's no stopping her. Weird, given her normal personality.[/size]​

History
    [size=-1]From the Johto region, born and raised, Moxie was reared by a single mother, her father seemingly too busy doing some sort of research off in another region. Back then, she has not become the female she was meant to be, stuck in the body of a boy named Jack Abbott. For six years she lived a painful life of glares and shaking heads when Ms. Abbott took her soon out to play in their hometown: Cherrygrove. The residents seemed to be against a little boy wearing "the things a little girl should", but his mom would not let society change the way her son felt about himself, so it was goodbye Cherrygrove and hello Ecruteak. To be honest, Moxie doesn't even remember Cherrygrove, to her Ecruteak is her real hometown. It was there she played in the remains of Burn Tower, teased the monks in Bell Tower, and caught her Ralts one day listening to Professor Oak's Pokémon Talk, her favorite broadcast.

Those are all good memories, her life is filled with nothing but good memories. After she caught Xavier, her mother decided out of the blue she was ready to take on an adventure, and parents aren't always right. Moxie barely made it two steps out the front door before she was running back inside crying that some wild Pokémon knocked out Ralts, so then evasive action was taken. Apparently, a Professor (an old friend of her father's, she was told) lived in the region that could pick her up and give her a few pointers before sending her off into the sunset. Now that Moxie thinks about it, it sounds alot like her mom just wanted to get rid of her. Anyways, she met Professor Elm. He gave her a few pointers, questioned the decision of setting a little girl off into the world, then remembered the hero was ten and shrugged.

It took her a couple of years just to get past the first few cities, as she really didn't have a goal besides wandering around. Battling was too hard, none of the wild Pokémon were what she wanted... Eventually, she got a call from her mom inviting her to come back home for a few years, she said she missed her. So, Moxie went back home and gradually became "Champion of Ecruteak City", a fancy title for someone who's beaten the Gym Leader and gained enough trust to start working in the Gym herself. Morty actually became one of her best friends, actually her only one. He didn't talk much, but she supplied most of the conversation, so it all worked out. Eventually she began to inevitably crush on him, which could not be stopped, and when she voiced her wish to become a girl to her mother everything went downhill with that.

For a year the family moved out to Goldenrod, where the best (and possibly only) doctors are, and Jack carefully transitioned to Moxie. Her mother and Pokémon were her rock through all this, moving back out to Ecruteak on Moxie's request. ...But when she challenged Morty again, beating him and announcing herself as the once Jack, he didn't take it the best way. Broken-hearted, at only fourteen, Moxie kissed her mother and set off for the second time.

Another year breezed by quickly, and Moxie became the strongest trainer she could be. After defeating the Elite Four and Champion, before a plane to Kalos became available, she stayed with her mother again. Those were a rough few months, mostly spent indoors because she was too scared to go outside and accidentally see him again. The message couldn't have been more happily recieved, she whizzed away without so much as a goodbye. She had just barely made it to Camphrier Town.[/size]​

Mega Stone
    [size=-1]Abomasite[/size]​

Other
    [size=-1]MY LEG![/size]​

Sample
    [size=-1]"Alright, Xav, you ready for this?" Moxie placed one hand on her Gallade's arm and the other on the sign beside her, as if to draw some sort of strength from it. She wondered if it was a ritual to touch it before entering, and then wondered if her imagination was running away with her again, probably the latter. She touched it for good luck anyways, she would need all that could be afforded. "I have a feeling this is going to be bad, should we turn around?" The way Xavier looked at her told her that they both knew that would get nothing accomplished, it was better to get this over and done with. Moxie sighed. "I really hate you, you know?" What could pass as a laugh escaped from her Pokémon as she stroked the familiar double doors, pushing them open in a rush so that she would have no time to change her mind and flee, Xavier would probably slice her up for that.

Bathed in the warm glow of torches, Moxie sighed. It felt so good to be back at her old stomping grounds, she knew the path so well she didn't bother to take a torch as she began braving the road to the Gym Leader. As they walked, one behind the other, she could feel Xavier humming from anticipation, reaching behind to touch one of his razor-sharp arms to reassure him. Seldom in their relationship were there times when the situation was flipped, she cherished it while she could. To be honest, on the outside Xav was showing more nervousness than she, but there was no doubt they were feeling the same. If she had a choice she would turn tail and run, run and never come back. She could rot and die without ever seeing Morty again. ...No she couldn't, that was a lie.

But right now she felt that way, but if it played out like that she'd come to regret it in the morning. Xavier was right, as always. Moxie turned to look at him one last time, smiling a smile she didn't mean.

"Alright, so, last time we were here he had a Haunter... it'd bound to be a Gengar by now, right?" An almost silent "hm" was all she got in response, taking it as a cue to go on as they pressed on. "I don't remember this being that lo- Oh." Her words were bit back as they arrived in the dimly glowing circle, inhabited by a familiar purple geek.

"Hello, Trainer, I-"

"Save it." Moxie cut him off with a wave of her hand, him being the only person she would ever dare do that to (or talk to). He blinked, not sure what to make of that, and then nodded when she flashed him a pokéball.

"Oh, uh, alright." Well, that was a first, at a loss for words at the start of the battle. Normally it was the most Moxie had ever seen him talk.

"Phoebe!" She had brought only two Pokémon to this showdown, her Beedrill and Gallade, and Xavier wasn't going to be much help in this battle, his job was to stand off to the sidelines and yell incoherent cheers. He was the best at trying to tell everyone what to do.

A jab here, a poison sting there, and business was taken care of.

"I don't remember it being that easy last time," Moxie gloated, tucking the tuckered-out Pokémon back into her ball, looking up she was met with the (cute) perplexed stare she knew all too well. Rolling her eyes, she gulped, and then began to try to explain. Xavier placed a green hand on her shoulder. Ah, there it was, the roles were back in place. "Really, old friend? You don't recognize me? I mean, yeah, I look like a girl... I am a girl, but my face is pretty much the same... Chubby."

"I'm Jack."
    [/size]​

Spoiler:

the history didn't come out like i wanted it to, but it'd done and it's late

Last edited:

aceattorneyweirdgirl

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    crnage, you are pending. An excellent signup, but it's missing one small point - reread the rules, please.
    It's not anything majorly important, but could you also maybe size-up the text a little?

crnage

sexy symbiote
    Years
  • crnage, you are pending. An excellent signup, but it's missing one small point - reread the rules, please.
    It's not anything majorly important, but could you also maybe size-up the text a little?

oh, yeah! i'm sorry, i forgot the password!! i don't know where my mind is. added(ing).

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2018
    Name: Luke Richards

Appearance: Luke stands at the height of 5'8", a stature which he sees as average among boys in the world today, although doesn't mind it. From the years of training his father has put him through at the Pokeathlon, he has developed an athletic build, in order to keep up with training alongside his Pokemon. He has long brown hair which extends down to his neck, and that some have described as a ruffled mess, since he occasionally has to brush a few strands out of his eye in order to see. And his eyes, which are hazel, lightens to a more golden tone under sunlight.

When it comes to clothing, Luke shares his father's sense of style, and mother's dark color scheme. He typically wears any type of jacket that can zip itself up, which he pulls up only halfway, revealing a simple undershirt, that he sometimes switches to support his favorite sports team. Along with black fingerless gloves which he wears for climbing, he also usually wears baggy pants, feeling that jeans aren't nimble enough to actually run in.

Mega Stone: Gengarite

Personality: The kind of demeanor Luke shows, depends on whether or not he feels it's worth his undivided attention. Things like battling or Pokeathlon events would spur him on into showing his pride for his beliefs or skills, often criticizing blatantly at the mistakes that he felt the opponent made in battle, when he's in this mood. It's the typical behavior of an Ace Trainer, to be that confident and sure what your saying is right, and still trying to make it right, even if it's wrong. While things like unnecessary chatter, he feels quite apathethic for.

To him, that involves indecisive words and actions, compared to his own decisive ones. Feeling that most talk people go on about are apart of this unnecessary chatter, he is generally aloof and quiet for things that don't catch his attention, preferring to only answer in a few words that gets his point across, before ceasing other chatter completely. Both his family and friends he knew since childhood, simply just get around this by proposing a challenge that interests him, and as long as it isn't daft, he would accept it and listen in.

History: Being the son of an Ace Trainer and Hex Maniac can make quite an interesting life. His parents had given him a taste of their world, hoping one of their outlooks on life would rub off on their son, although would still love him regardless, if he inherited more traits of the other parent. The method his parents used to accomplish this, was showing him what they usually did in their lives, opting to split up the days they looked after him, which had made Luke excited. After all, just about every kid wanted to be a Pokemon Trainer someday.

The beginning of this method had started when Luke became five years old, and after summer had began, since what his parents had planned, couldn't be done during the trainer school year. His father would be the first of his parents who would mentor him first, doing so from Friday to Sunday, where Luke would be woken up early in the morning. After getting ready for that hour of the day, he would be taken to the Pokeathlon field, which wasn't used around this time, and taught by his father and his friends. Their plan had involved quite a lot of things.

They taught him battle tips his father knew they had yet to teach at trainer school, going over different battle strategies, as well as training not only your Pokemon, but your body as well. Demonstrations were given alongside the explanations, with the normal courses of the Pokeathlon being shown as well. This training had always been exhausting to Luke, but the great stories it made, along with how much it would help him when he turned ten, had made it all worth it. Occasionally, they would also just watch the Pokeathlon events too.

When his mother had mentored him, it was from Monday through Wednesday, where each evening, Luke was taken to two places - The Ruins of Alph, and Sprout Tower. It was considerably more relaxing than mentoring under his father had been, since he was allowed to spend mornings with his friends, which he appreciated. They didn't need flight transportation since they lived in Violet City, so once at the Ruins of Alph, he was taught by his mother and her friends. Their plan had equally involved just as much as his father.

They explored the Ruins of Alph together, where he was taught to read the inscriptions, and respect Pokemon usually considered creepy like Unown, who were used as demonstrations when explaining. When they went to Sprout Tower, it was to pay their respects to the Pokemon within, and teaching Luke about the tower's history. Part of respecting the Pokemon within, meant having him get used to Ghost type Pokemon as well, much like how they were trying to get him used to Psychic types. It would later help him stay composed in life.

Thursday was when Luke was able to spend the day how he wanted to. On these days, he alternated between playing like a normal five year old would, or doing one of the routines he had became used to doing, which both his parents were glad to see. By the time he was ten, and able to go out on his own journey, Luke had already bonded with three Pokemon he had befriended and caught himself. These three were ones he would always have on his team, since the places he caught them at meant a lot to him, which meant the others were rotated.

Throughout his seven years of being a trainer, Luke has accomplished a majority of what young Ace Trainers in his region like himself, used to dream of doing. He has explored every sight his region has to offer, and obtained all the badges of his region. Being champion was never his dream, so he only participated in the yearly tournaments to see how far he could possibly get, which had been in the top sixteen. He has yet to win any, and continues to explore the world, having planning to head to Kanto, then eventually Mt.Silver, before the letter.

Other:
    Spoiler:

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

aceattorneyweirdgirl

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Ugh, I KNEW I was forgetting something. I guess I'll have to put movesets into the SU sheet now.

Regardless, you're accepted! Nice touch giving all your pokemon competitive natures and movesets, by the way. I'll edit the first post with your SU in the morning; my 3DS apparently can't handle editing blocks of text that huge.

EDIT: Okay, now your SU has been linked to in the OP and you are formally accepted.

Also, I've updated the signup sheet so that movesets are a required field now. I also mentioned that at the top of the OP, but whatever.

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • I'd like a reservation, please!

Name: James Bueller

Appearance: Make it detailed – skin tone, build, clothing, hair, eyes, etc. Pictures are fine, but include a description as well.

Mega Stone: Blastoisinite

Personality: What makes this person tick – their quirks, likes, dislike, flaws, attitude to others, etc. This is important, so don't skimp out on it.

History: A brief background of the character – their home region, family life, etcetera. Why is the character who they are today? How did they get there?

Other: Anything else important I haven't mentioned.

RP Sample: Can be taken from a prior RP or written from scratch for this one, doesn't matter. It's only here so I can get a feel for how you write.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zero Percent

Loading... Please wait
    Years
  • Just going to post this here since I don't want to lose progress again
    Mostly done, will probably edit the personallity a little later to make it more beefy. Mmmm, beef. my leg
    Spoiler:

Heracross:

Spoiler:

Sableye:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Hello. I wanna come to this roleplay.

Name: Gelius Prower

Appearance: The eyes, hair and cloak are brown, the shirt, shoes, hat (like Rilley's one) and gloves are black, it has a belt for his pokemon and a yellow bag.

Mega Stone: Blazikenite (reserve it please)

Personality: Relaxed and Calm.

History: His adventure started on a sooner age than normal-8 years old.
    He saved a whole region at only 14 years old.
    It comes from New Bark Town.
    He does not see the family 7 years ago.
    He has 3 close friends: Gold, Silver and Crystal.
    Now our hero, with 15 years old starts a new adventure along side with his friends and his pokemon.
    He is now trying to discover the Mega evolution.

Other: Friends call him Gel.

RP Sample: "With Rayquaza's help i saved this region. i wonder where is he" said Gelius
    "Maybe at Sky Tower, idiot." said Crystal
    "Calm down Super Serious Gal! Be like Gel! More Relaxed!" Said Gold
    "You shouldn't had said that." said Silver
    "GOLD! YOU ARE SO DEAD!" yelled Crystal
    "Sorry! I'm so sorry!" Apologized Gold
    "This is so silly!" said Gel and Silver

Pokemon Team:
    Spoiler:

aceattorneyweirdgirl

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Gelius, it pains me to say this, but I'm going to have say your application is declined.
    In general, your application lacks a great deal of detail, using only one or two sentences when I'd expect equal or more paragraphs worth of writing, and your grammar is shoddy in several places. If you require further detail on what requires improvement in this signup,you need only ask, but I'm afraid you might not like the results.

Before applying again, I recommend a very thorough read-through of Alter Ego's Treatise on Character Profiles. It provides some excellent information on how to improve a sign-up, starting from an extremely basic skeleton and steadily fleshing it out. Good luck!

Back