• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (IC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Route 4
300px-Unova_Route_4_anime.png

Situated between the eastern exit from Mt Moon and the lovely Cerulean City, Route 4 is a mostly one-way road down a hill that has a gentle slope and is generally considered fun to traverse. There are often a lot of winds here, so be careful near the cliffs and streams of water. The route is short - you can even spot Cerulean City in the distance immediately as you exit the cave. Probably a lucky thing, as you might be in need of a Pokémon Center after the journey through the mountain.

Trainers usually encountered here include youngsters and joggers.

Wild pokémon:
021.png
023.png
056.png
060.png

054.png
118.png
174.png
039.png

079.png
418.png
263.png
264.png

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Route 3 [The Road to Mt. Moon - Pokémon Centre]

Damien Welters & Danica Chandler
008.png
056.png
023MS.png

The two held on to Skiddo as it tried its hardest to run away form the Nidorino. It's catching up! Damien clenched his teeth, as he held on for dear life, the Skiddo running and hopping over rocks and bumpy terrain, trying to lose the Poison Pokémon in its tracks. They started to turn the top point of the hill, as the familiar Pokémon Centre came into sight. Damien was starting to regret going back down to find a Dragon Pokémon, and definitely had his fair share of battling today. There was only so much his Pokémon could handle! They started to approach the Pokémon Centre, and the Skiddo started to slow down. The girl jumped off from her Pokémon, squealing a bit in pain, falling to her knees. Damien jumped off, and hesitantly looked at the girl. She was sort of stubborn about being helped last time, but he figured she would be okay for now. He looked in front of them, and saw the Nidorino approaching as well, growling as if it were egging them on. It came all this way, and we still couldn't lose it... He thought. "GET AWAY! GET AWAY FROM ME, YOU HEAR?" The girl shouted at the wild Pokémon, "GO BACK TO WHEREVER YOU CAME FROM!" The girl screamed at the Nidorino, who only got more agitated. The girl weakly stood on her legs, walking towards the Pokémon Centre, commanding her Skiddo to use Tackle on the Nidorino. "You too, kid, strike this ugly Pokémon!" She told Damien. He stood there for a few seconds, but quickly sent out Snapper, his Wartortle. Damien watched as the girl's Skiddo charged at Nidorino, giving it a good knockback, lying on its belly. It took a few seconds, but the Nidorino got up and gave another growl.

"Okay, use Water Gun!" Damien shouted. His Pokémon obeyed, as he launched a jet of water at the foe, knocking it back once again. The Nidorino lay there for a few seconds, but got up again, shaking the water off of its body. it then started to charge at Snapper, who quickly retreated into his shell, and was knocked backwards by a Horn Attack, next to Damien's feet. "Snapper, get up! Get him!" Damien shouted, slightly more aggressively than usual. Snapper slowly got out of its shell, a bit dazed by the attack, and sat down on its behind. "Ughhh!" He shouted out of frustration. "Quickly! Get up and use Water Gun!" Damien shouted once more, pointing at the charging Nidorino. Shaking its head, Snapper slowly, but surely got on all fours and launched another jet of Water at Nidorino, knocking it back once again, rolling onto its back. Damien stood there watching it, as it soon got back onto its legs and just looked at the girl's Skiddo and Snapper. After a few seconds, it quickly retreated by hopping through patches of grass and down back the mountain where he presumably lived. "Ughhhhh..." Damien moaned out of relief, taking out his Pokéball, returning his Water Pokémon. That was quite the work out. That Nidorino certainly was tougher than any other wild Pokémon Damien battled out here, but he was glad it was gone. He would have attempted to capture it, but one Poison type on his team was more than enough. "Oh wait..." He then remembered the girl, trying to limp her way to the Pokémon Centre. "Hey!" Damien shouted as he approached the girl. "That thing was pretty tough, but it's gone, and we're safe." Damien said, a little relieved. He opened the door of the Centre for the girl, before he entered himself. "I'm no doctor, but you should probably get the nurse to help you with that." Damien said pointing at the girl's knee. "The swelling looks kind of gross too." He chuckled slightly. He wasn't sure how serious her knee injury was, but he figured a little joke in there wouldn't help. He went to the side, grabbing a paper cup as he filled it up with water from water jug located near the entrance. He took a sip, sitting down on the couch, resting for a bit, before heading out to continue his journey.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
tumblr_muu4j2goIK1rl66y8o1_500.png

Jordan Kaleel Jr.​

A Friend with the Stone! Archer Appears!​

704.gif
33.gif
41-f.gif
Bag_Master_Ball_Sprite.png

Jordan felt relief as he heard the Pokeball click, signifying that Zubat's capture was pretty successful.

"I guess congratulations are in order," Nurse Joy smiled. "Just be careful inside the mountain again, all right. People get lost inside." The Nurse walked away, presumably to entertain other patients. Jordan put Zubat's Pokeball inside one of his pockets, along with Nido's and Goo's Pokeballs. He checked his bag if he still has ample supplies for the journey into the mountain once again. He still needed to find a Moon Stone. However, he was now unsure if using it on Nido immediately would be good, with Goo's and Nido's rivalry being imminent once the two of them are out on the same time. A tip in the balance of power would crush one.

"I'll just wing it," Jordan said as he entered the mountain again. He traversed the same path he walked earlier. He let his Zubat out, letting it practice its echolocation to follow Jordan. The trainer was not always too far away from the young Poison-type though. The Supersonic seemed to drive most of the wild Pokemon away but it left Jordan's ears ringing. It was a good call when he let Goo and Nido stay inside their Pokeballs for once. "Now, where to find that Moon Stone?"

"Are you searching for Moon Stones too?" A voice asked behind him. It's been a while since Jordan saw a person inside the mountain, being too cavernous as it is. He whipped around, cautious of the newcomer. "Woah, chill man."

"Sorry. You just caught me off guard," Jordan apologized. He studied the man, from head to feet. He was standing at a height of almost six feet, with teal-colored hair and teal-colored slanted eyes. He was wearing a white shirt, with an R imprinted on the left chest part. His equally white pants, however, was dirtied everywhere, presumably from too much exploring in the mountain. "You want some Moon Stone?"

"Yeah, I am actually finding one for my Nidorino," Jordan replied. "The name's Jordan, by the way."

"Archer," the trainer said, his hand extended towards Jordan. He shook it. "I'm part of a group that's searching for Moon Stones and, if we're lucky, some fossils too. Do you want to join us? We have a good number situated here in the mountain, although we could use some more members scouring the region."

"Do you have any success, lately though?" Jordan said. Being a part of a group that searched for what he was looking for would be productive if he wants to finish the task early.

"Oh yeah. We have a multitude of Moon Stones excavated," Archer said with a smile. "In fact, I can give you one right now." Archer placed a hands inside his pocket and took out a glimmering stone. "Here, take it as a symbol of good faith." Jordan took the stone in his hands. While it was still rough, it seemed to glitter like a diamond, despite being illuminated only by a faint lamplight in the walls. It is almost as big as Jordan's fist but it's light. "We're not successful on the fossils, though. Those we found, one Dome, two Claw, two Helix, one Root, we all shipped to Cinnabar Island for restoration."

"It's pretty."

"It's yours if you want to join us," Archer said. "We're called Team Rocket by the way."

"Cool name," Jordan remarked. He unzipped his bag and place the Moon Stone inside. "What will I have to do?"

Archer smiled. "Well, I have enough people here in Mt. Moon excavating for more Moon Stones and fossils already. If you want, you can proceed to Rock Tunnel and help the team there. They're looking for some fossils there too, although it really is much rarer there." Jordan knew that it was the truth. If an individual wanted a fossil, Mt. Moon is the place to go, although it is still rare inside the mountain. Fossils in other places are unheard of. "Look for Petrel."

"I will do that, thank you," Jordan said. Archer handed him a card, with his name and number on it.

"You can call me if something comes up. Nice meeting you, Jordan," Archer smiled as he walked away. Jordan did not notice before but there seemed to be more people in the mountain, all with pickaxes, trying to hack away at the mountain. There was a pile of Moon Stones near them but no fossils.

"Well, I guess we have to proceed now. Rock Tunnel is still far-off, so we would have ample time to do things," Jordan said into the air. Zubat agreed with another Supersonic.

Years
Joseph Louis Grieve
Pewter City

Pokemon

Spoiler:

Joe emerged from Viridian Forest with a soft sigh, shoulders relaxing. For some reason, he always found patch upon patch of tall grass stressful, rushing through the greenery in hopes that he wasn't encountered by a wild pokemon, or worse yet another trainer.

He had managed to meet Charlie however, a male Pikachu that, in his own humble opinion, showed promise. There was a glint in it's eye… It was looking for an adventure as much as he was, and who was he to deny it that chance? He sure wasn't going to condemn it to a life stuck in Viridian forest.

So, at least one good thing came out of that stressful experience. He walked across the town boundary, head held high as he searched for the pokemon centre. It wasn't hard to find, and he didn't waste time in rushing towards the building to heal his two pokemon. While Pumpkin, his small size pumpkaboo, was for the most part fine, a little TLC wouldn't hurt while Charlie was getting a full work up.

He approached the counter, hands curling around the balls in anticipation of Nurse Joy's spiel.

'Hello, and welcome to Pewter city pokemon centre,' she greeted, earning a smile in reply. There was only so many times you could hear the same line before it became old. He had learned to shut it out as a Pokemart employee back in Kalos, and had never quite felt the need to break the habit. That was at least one less thing the guys in the Kanto Pokemarts had to worry about… the only thing they needed to tune out was the music that played on loop.

… he still sometimes heard it as he's fell asleep at night.

He handed over his pokemon with little ceremony before heading towards a table as he prepared to settle in for the long haul. A newly caught pokemon was usually carefully checked over for any parasites or other problems that may have developed while out in the wild, which meant that Joe had a little time to settle down with his travel journal and document the day. While it wasn't the most exciting of starts, by any means, it was important to document it none-the-less.

How else would he compare himself later on, when he became Kanto's champion?

He glanced around the centre before sitting so that he could watch the world pass by outside the window as he wrote. Perhaps inspiration would strike, or someone interesting would pass by.

For now he attention was brought to the short queue leading towards the gym. He wasn't by any means ready to tackle Brock, but perhaps after he got his pokemon back he could watch a battle or two and formulate a plan.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Danica Chandler
Route 3 - Pokémon Center
The Checkup

The Nidorino retreated, meaning that the fight was over. Danica got Harley back in his Pokéball and limped inside the red-roofed building. The boy who had saved her told her to get her knee checked up, and then made a little joke that Danica, not being in the mood for a laugh, didn't find funny. She shook her head, and continued to make her way to the reception counter. "Thank you for the help." she said coldly, "...Bye."

Obviously social interaction wasn't her strong suit. But she cared little about that. At that moment, getting her Pokémon healed up and her knee fixed was the first thing on her mind. Once she was at the reception counter, she spoke to the nurse. "Hello. I need to heal my Pokémon." she said in a deadpan tone, "Also, some Pokémon out there injured my leg."

"I see. Just leave your Pokémon here, and then follow me." the nurse replied. Danica left the two Pokéballs that held her Pokémon at the counter, and the nurse placed them in an odd-looking machine. "They'll be ready in no time." Nurse Joy said with a smile, "Now, please, follow me."

Nurse Joy led the blue-haired girl to a small room that looked like a doctor's office, with all the equipment. She told Danica to rake a seat and proceeded to examine her leg. Boy, it did not look good. Joke aside, that Damien kid was right. Joy took out a first aid kit in order to get that knee back to the way it was. Now, I'm not going to bore you with all those silly details, but after a few minutes Danica's knee was properly disinfected and covered with a bandage. "There you go. You should be able to walk properly tomorrow." she said, "However, if you were planning on going to Mt. Moon, I suggest you leave it for tomorrow."

Ah, drats. Her journey was going to be further delayed. One again, she cursed that stupid horde of Nidoran, and wondered why some people would even have such hideous Pokémon as pets. Poison-type Pokémon are all like that. They attack for no reason, and cause nothing but trouble! she thought. "Also, in your case," Nurse Joy continued, "I don't suggest camping out tonight. I'll arrange for you to stay here, just so your leg can recover faster." Well, that least there was a silver lining: she didn't have to bother setting up the tent. "Now, I'll be right back. Your Pokémon should be fully healed by now."

Danica just nodded as the Nurse left. She sighed and waited for the Nurse to return. After that, she'd probably ask for the room, and call it a day. Or maybe she'd call Brian and tell him about everything before hitting the hay. Whatever. She'd figure out what to do after she had her Pokémon back.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Route 3 [The Road to Mt. Moon - Pokémon Centre]

Damien Welters
008.png
056.png
023MS.png

Sitting down, Damien was scrolling through his Pokédex whilst finishing up his cup of water. Zubat, huh? It says here they like to swarm and fly around in flocks. He really didn't like the sound of going into Mt. Moon and running into a swarm of Zubat, but he figured it could have been all bad if people were known to go through the cave to Cerulean. There was no way they would allow the cave to remain open if it was that dangerous. "Ahhh..." He said muttered to himself with an expression of satisfaction, getting up and throwing his paper cup in the garbage. "Not sure how big the cave is...but I'm not going to spend the night here and waste time." He said to himself once more, putting on his backpack and exiting the Pokémon. He stood outside, looking around at the setting sun. After taking a few moments to enjoy the outside, he turned the corner and headed towards the entrance to the infamous cave: Mt. Moon. Taking a deep breath, he walked in. After a few seconds, the light from the outside started to dim. Wow...it's going to get dark in here... He wasn't too scared of the dark, but the whole cave was a bit...unsettling to say the least. "Uhhhh...Bella, c'mon out." He opened his Pokéball, sending out his Ekans to keep him some company, and also in case some trouble was to find its way to them.

As some time passed, the two managed to make their way rather deep into the cave. Bella hissed, slithering close to Damien. He kept walking down a corridor, occasionally stepping onto some bumps or the odd rock every so often. The sound of water dripping was echoing a bit if he were to listen carefully, but if anything, it just gave the cave a more ominous vibe. I don't even know where I'm supposed to go. He thought to himself. He took a turn left at what seemed to be a split path, and he felt the ground elevating slightly as if he was getting on higher ground. "What's going on now?" He said in frustration. Bella just hissed randomly, as she continued to follow him. There's no one else even in this dumb cave... He sighed, as he arrived at a dead end. He stared at the wall, until he slumped down, and sat next to it. He was getting tired, and even though he couldn't see the outside, he knew it would have been dark by now. Ughhhh... He moaned. Bella slithered next to him, and coiled near his leg, resting as well. "We'll take a little break I guess..." He muttered, petting his Pokémon on the head. He leaned his head back and took off his backpack, closing his eyes. If anything, it was a bit more quieter in here than it would have been sleeping next to a tree outside.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
tumblr_muu4j2goIK1rl66y8o1_500.png

Jordan Kaleel Jr.​

Out the Mountain and into the Route!​

704.gif
33.gif
41-f.gif

"Goo, Bubble!" Jordan's Goomy threw another jet of Bubbles toward the hiker's Geodude. However, it proved itself to be too agile for Jordan. It easily evaded the attack and swiped at the ground, sending sand towards the Dragon-type. It threw Goomy out of balance. The hiker saw the opportunity and ordered his Pokemon to crash into Goo.

Hard rock met soft flesh and Goo rolled away, dazed. Jordan and his team had been battling the people who were silently exploring the mountain, with his Zubat just behind him to watch. Nurse Joy mentioned that it was still young so Jordan doesn't want for it to sustain much damage while training. Theories, first. I'll let you soon enough.

Goo, still feeling dazed, let loose another Bubble but it went wide. The crash threw him out of focus. "Goo! Protect!" Goo put the barrier up as the Geodude once again crashed into the Pokemon. However, the barrier stayed and it gave a few seconds of peace to Goomy, just enough to put him back in order. "Now, Dragonbreath!" Goo blasted Geodude away with the attack. It was too powerful for the Pokemon to withstand. However, for good measure, Goo crashed into the Geodude with his Protect + Bubble combo. The Pokemon fainted.

"You have a strong Pokemon there, young man," the Hiker said as he recalled his own Pokemon. "Might be where you get that?"

"My father bou- gave it to me," Jordan stuttered. He was a trainer. Not just some guy whose father had given him a Pokemon.

"Your father chose a good Pokemon. Train it hard," the Hiker smiled as he walked away, humming. Jordan felt good. It was his third victory already and they're nearing the exit of Mt. Moon. Goo and Nido gained significant experience during their training inside the mountain and he thinks Zubat had saw the proper way to battle.

"Once we get out, I'm testing you out there," Jordan said to his Zubat, always silently flying behind him. He recalled his Goomy and went to the exit of Mt. Moon.

-

Zubat screeched as the sunlight pierced Jordan's eyes. It was too bright, since spending quite some time inside the mountain did nothing but acquaint their eyes to the feeling of brightness. Zubat, on the other hand, tried to echolocate, having no eyes to guide it through. Jordan took a few seconds to let his eyes adjust. Soon enough, the world dimmed. The Route was not long. In fact, he could see some of the next city's buildings in the distance.

"Let's go, Zub."

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
Arthur 'Artie' Cagliosso - Chapter #1: Among the Trees

453.gif

Well this is annoying.

Artie was stranded, lost, stuck, whatever you wanna call it, in Viridian forest. Y'know, the forest famous for having huge swarms of Beedrill attack innocent bystanders? Yeah, that one.

Strange, thought Artie. That truck driver drove me all the way from Vermillion and he expected payment here of all places? Artie was somewhat relieved to be out of the smelly truck, but he would've preferred to be dropped off somewhere less... rural. I was a hitchhiker for crying out loud! Hitchhikers don't have money, thus the hitchhiking! It didn't make sense. Nevertheless, now he was in the middle of a big clump of trees trying to find something that looked vaguely like an exit. His experience of Kanto has thus far been... troublesome, to say the least. After stowing away on a boat from Snowpoint to Vermillion, Artie was almost arrested for, well, doing just that. His brilliant plan to escape was to hitchhike on a truck, which, as we've just found out, hadn't gone that great.

However, the main conclusion that Artie has come to about Kanto is that it's really goddamn warm.

Now one thing you have to understand about Artie is that he comes from Sinnoh, which is one of the coldest regions in the world. Not only does he come from one of the coldest regions in the world, he was born and raised in the far north of it. In case it hasn't become clear, Artie is used to snow and cold. Although to you Kanto might be a moderate, even chilli climate at times; to Artie it's basically tropical. Arceus knows how he'd survive in Hoenn. But there's not much he can do other than tolerate it. Jass seemed to be handling it quite well, which was good Artie supposed.

Artie was looking for food. Anything would do, berries, leaves, Caterpie, anything. Not only did he have to feed himself, but he had a small purple thing to feed as well. Croagunks, Artie found out, are happy to live a long time off of leftovers and crappy berries. Artie was very thankful for this. If Jass needed more than that he'd probably have starved to death by now and Artie would be facing potential neglect charges too. It seems that his adventure as a trainer had got off to a rocky start, but to be fair he never really planned any of this. He got given a Croagunk by his Dad who assumed he knew how to use it. That made Artie laugh. The most experience Artie had ever had with Pokémon was when he played with the family pets (Persian and Herdier) at home, and that was only sometimes. But alas, now he was stuck with a Croagunk whom he named Jass. He tried to let the thing go when he released all those other 'Mon, but it seems the Toxic Mouth Pokémon took too much of a liking to Artie for that. Ya wouldn't think it though, Croagunk aren't exactly emotive Pokémon.

Berries! Artie felt a wave of relief wash over him. So we won't starve tonight, good to know. On the bush in front of him there were several varieties of berry, mostly Oran or Sitrus, scattered about. "Hey" Artie called out to Jass, who was a few metres behind him. He heard a croak in response. "Take your pick". Jass walked up to the bush and picked 6 sitrus berries. Artie took the rest to keep in his bag, but then took some out for dinner. The sun was setting over the bug-filled mesh that was Viridian Forest, and Artie didn't intend to have a hungry night.

"Jass, rest time." Croooaak. Jass was happily munching away at his berries as Artie sat down to eat his. He looked at the horizon, or what he could see of it considering the large trees blocking his vision. He decided he would go that way tomorrow. No particular reason, but he had to go somewhere and this forest must end eventually. He didn't know where he'd end up but as long as it wasn't on the path of angry Beedrills he was fine with it. He realised that Jass had finished his berries and was staring at him.

"What are you lookin' at?" Artie asked somewhat nonchalantly. Jass walked over to him and sat right next to him. He croaked. "Yeah, I know man". Artie looked at the horizon again, "I know". Artie turned to Jass and threw him another sitrus berry. "Here", he said, "Knock yourself out.". Don't actually, I may need you. That was a scary thought, Jass was Artie's only protection out here and Artie had never actually battled with him. Artie didn't want to start under these conditions but he may have to, depending on what likes to come out in the woods at night. Artie decided to take his mind off it by meditating. That meditation quickly turned into a little slumber as the half-moon slowly rose above their heads.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Danica Chandler
Route 3 Pokémon Center
Hitting the Hay

As expected, the nurse returned to the room shortly with Danica's two fully healed Pokémon. Danica put them back on her hoodie's pocket, and a thought came to her head reminding her to purchase one of those belts trainers use to carry their Pokémon around. Then she began to think about more stuff she would need; however, Nurse Joy interrupted those thoughts by telling her to follow her to the room she'd be staying in. Danica nodded and limped her way behind the nurse.

The room was nothing out of the ordinary. Plain white walls, bed with white sheets, a small black tv hanging from one of the walls, and a simple painting of a Pikachu. With Nurse Joy's help, Danica climbed into bed, and the nurse left after wishing her a happy recovery. Okay... what to do now? I don't really feel like watching TV right now. she said to herself, And it's not like there's much more to do here. Guess I'll call it a day. But first...

She placed her bag on the side of the bed and then took out her Pokégear from her hoodie's pocket and called up Brian, her brother. To her chagrin, it went to voice mail. Must be busy... I'll call tomorrow. she thought and hung up right after the beep. She placed the Pokégear on a small table next to her bed and lied down. Her eyes closed and soon the blue-haired girl was fast asleep.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 23, 2015
Ross Cooper
Pewter City
Helix - Plume

Amazing, Ross thought, as he took his first steps through Pewter City. He couldn't believe he was finally in the archaeological capital of the world. His first destination was the Pewter Museum of Science, followed by the Mt. Moon, where he'd look for fossils. Although it had been his dream to visit the city for a long time, he actually didn't have a clue what the exact goal of his journey was. I'm gonna travel to Pewter City, to learn everything about fossils. That's what he had told his parents. But now that he was here, he was a bit scared, since he had no idea where to begin.

First things first, he thought, now where's that museum? He had been wandering through the streets of Pewter City for about an hour now, and he hadn't found anything. At first, he thought it'd be nice to just explore the city, but now he was getting tired.

Ross noticed he was walking away from the centre of the city, as the streets were less and less crowded. After walking through a few more empty streets, he realized he wouldn't be finding anything here. He was about to turn around, when he saw a stone house in the distance. As he approached it, he noticed that it was the Pewter City Gym. He had read about the gym at home, but he never even considered actually challenging it. He already owned two pokémon, but he had never had an actual pokémon battle. Ross took his pokéballs, containing his Quagsire and Farfetch'd, out of his pocket. At least we could try... he thought and after one last moment of doubt, he decided to enter the Gym.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
BENNY - II
Pewter Gym

Spr_2g_190.png
Spr_2g_131.png

Benny had been waiting for almost an hour when it was nearly his turn to face Brock. Rillo, on his shoulder, sensed his nerves and patted his head. He smiled at her. She was ready for this and had been for awhile. Benny noticed a young woman behind him smiling at Rillo.

"Hi. This is Rillo," said Benny, leaning down for Rillo to look at the girl. Rillo jumped off Benny's shoulder and hugged the girl. She giggled and squeezed Rillo. "What's your name?" she asked.

"Benny," he replied. "And yours?" The girl looked about his age and she had two PokeBalls on her belt as well. She was brown-haired with freckles, a head shorter than Benny but infinitely better looking. Her smile reminded him of his mother, sweet and kind, but her laugh was even nicer than he could have imagined. She released Rillo from her hug and looked at him.

"Efa," she said. "What's your other Pokemon?" She pointed to the dangling PokeBall on his bag. She seemed quite interested in how he had managed to obtain Rillo and Lapras and she introduced him to her Pokemon, a Squirtle she had named Squirt and a Clefairy named Zen. Benny felt more relaxed thanks to the girl and by the time they finished chatting, they were next up.

Benny wasn't ready. His stomach began twisting and he didn't want to go yet. He told Efa to go ahead and wished her luck. She grabbed his hand and dragged him in to watch her battle. He jumped into the stands and Rillo looked intently on as Efa stepped up to battle the gym leader, Brock.

She was really quite good. Her Clefairy took the brunt of the hits from Brock's Pokemon, but Squirt was close behind to finish off whatever rock-type Brock put forth. Efa seemed confident, but Brock's Golem thrashed Zen into the dirt with a well-timed attack. Squirt managed to hold off Golem's power for a short while, but he, too, fell to the rock-beast. Benny's heart sunk. If Efa lost, how could he do any better?

She spoke with Brock briefly before running up to Benny. She gave him a quick hug and wished him luck, then shoved him off into the arena. Benny had forgotten that he wanted to puke. Rillo followed along behind him, giving her meanest face to Brock, who stood tall and intimidating at the other end of the battle arena. Benny reached his platform and looked towards Brock.

"Are you ready?" asked Brock. He grabbed a few new Pokeballs from behind him. Benny knew he wouldn't get the same ones Efa had had. "I saw you watching."

"Yes, I was watching," mumbled Benny. What was this guy's problem? Was he not allowed to watch? "I was watching her though." Brock looked towards Efa and smiled.

"Your girlfriend?" he asked. Benny felt his face turn bright red. He looked at Efa, who smiled at him and giggled again. That giggle he liked. He felt himself getting upset, but managed to say no without his voice shaking. Brock laughed and said, "I'm only teasing! Now... let's do this."

Brock tossed a Pokeball in the air. Benny would decide which of his Pokemon he sent out after. An Onix burst forth from Brock's Pokeball and shook the arena. Benny felt his legs buckle at the size of the monstrosity. He thought briefly, but Rillo decided for him. She rushed out and gave Onix the most intimidating look her sweet face could muster. Benny heard Efa giggle again.

Spr_2g_190.png
Spr_2g_095.png

Rillo and the Onix looked at one another. Brock was allowed first move and he stood silently, eyeing Benny. Suddenly, Onix reared up and Benny heard Brock shout, "Rock Smash!" Benny directed Rillo away from the crushing blow and she barely managed to escape the destruction. Obviously Brock wasn't going to play with him. Benny knew he had the type advantage, but he had to be smart. Brock was no clown in the gym and his type could withstand a lot of what Benny could throw back.

"Rillo, Power-Up Punch!" Rillo used her speed and ran up the Onix's back. It roared with anger and Rillo jumped up, dodging the spiked head. She seemed to float for a moment, then slammed her little fist hard into the Onix's head. It roared again and Brock shouted, "Rock Throw!" Rillo was still midair when a rock collided with her small body. She flew halfway across the arena and hit the ground hard. Benny took a step towards her, but she jumped up with anger on her face. She swayed slightly, off-balance, but used her tail to maintain balance.

"Rillo, good girl! You're doing great! Now use Low Sweep!" Rillo feigned passing out before rushing headfirst at the Onix. She swung her massive tail right into the huge body before her. Brock had shouted an attack, but Benny barely heard the words as the Onix roared. As the Onix collapsed, Rillo was flung high in the air by some supernatural force. She slammed hard back into the ground. Oh no! Payback! Rillo didn't move. The Onix struggled to lift itself, but couldn't succeed in doing so. Brock returned Onix to its Pokeball, then looked at his choices. Benny ran out into the battlefield and scooped Rillo up. She wasn't completely out, but he knew that dark move took its toll. Efa waited for him by his platform and took Rillo back to the stands for him. She smiled at him nervously before he turned back to face Brock.

"Not bad, kid," said Brock. "Your friend lost though. You got lucky against Onix. This one should be funner." He threw out his Pokeball and Benny was surprised to see a Sudowoodo emerge. He tossed Lapras into the arena, but now it was his move first.

Spr_2g_131.png
Spr_2g_185.png

"Sudowoodo...is a grass type. I thought you only used rock types," questioned Benny. Brock was surprised.

"No, Sudowoodo is very much a rock type. But he does have one slight advantage thanks to his bushy appearance," Brock said. "Make your move."

Lapras looked at Benny for direction. She was young, but a great help in everyday things. Now was her chance to shine. "Body Slam!" She flashed forward, floating above the rocky arena, before pummeling Sudowoodo with her large body. The apparent-rock type flew backwards and rolled around. Brock instantly counter-attacked, "Wood Hammer!"

Sudowoodo bolted forward, slamming Lapras hard with its wooden body. Lapras shrieked in pain, slamming into the rocky arena floor. It's over. Benny glanced at Efa slightly. She was looking at Lapras nervously. Rillo was sitting in her lap, wide-eyed and scared.

"Lapras! Get up, girl! We can do this!" Benny yelled out to her. She looked at him and rose. That attack would destroy her if it hit her again. "Use Sing!" Lapras turned to Sudowoodo and began her melody. Brock tried to attack with Wood Hammer a second time, but Sing's effects were clutching onto Sudowoodo fast. It ran at Lapras, but fell down face first. Brock shouted out, "Wood Hammer, quick Sudowoodo!" The Pokemon lifted itself up and ran at Lapras again. She was too quick and he was too drowsy. She dodged the attack and turned to face the stumbling "rock type".

"Lapras! Hydro Pump!" Benny yelled. He knew she could do it. She lifted up her head, then aimed her mouth at the sleepy Sudowoodo. Water burst out from her mouth, but the power was too much for her and she only slightly struck Sudowoodo. The water woke it up quickly, but now they were even-footed. She was wounded, so was he. Brock shouted a command, but Benny didn't hear. He knew it was Wood Hammer. He told Lapras to use Water Pulse and his stomach clenched with fear.

Sudowoodo's attack collided with Lapras' head, but her Water Pulse hit him as well. They both flew backwards and crashed to the dirt. Neither moved. They waited. Sudowoodo was the first to rise. It looked weak, but if Lapras didn't get up too, Benny was done for.

Rillo spoke to Lapras, the little monkey screeching across the arena. The eyes of Lapras shot open and she rose slowly. She was on the edge of fainting. Brock yelled to Sudowoodo to use Wood Hammer one last time. It began running at Lapras as Benny told her to dodge it. Please tell me it worked... Sudowoodo charged at Lapras, but turned right at the last moment. It slammed into a giant rock and fell back, dizzy with confusion.

"Water Pulse can cause confusion! I forgot!" Benny heard Efa shout. He had remembered though. He had hoped for it. He told Lapras to end this with one last Body Slam. She didn't move as fast, but she slowly moved towards Sudowoodo, who was struggling to lift itself up. Lapras floated right over him, then slammed down onto him. His twiggy arm flailed under Lapras' weight, then stopped. He had fainted. She looked at Benny, who smiled at her with pride. She closed her eyes, rolling off Sudowoodo, then fainted as well.​

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Danica Chandler
Route 3 Pokémon Center
Morning's Here!

The alarm clock from Danica's Pokégear went off in the morning, at about 9 am, and woke the girl up. She slowly sat up, feeling very drowsy and confused. She had fallen asleep instantly the night before, and had been sleeping like a log until that moment. As she regained all her senses, she checked her Pokégear and found a message from her brother Brian. "Hey. U called? Sorry I couldn't pick up, call me as soon as u can" the message said. Without hesitation, she called again. This time, someone picked up.

"H-hey, sis!" Brian said groggily

"Hello, Brian. Good morning."

"Good morning to you too. You woke me up, haha!" he said, "So, what's up?"

"Not much. Just woke up." Danica said in a deadpan tone, "I'm at the Pokémon Center on Route 3. You know, the one near Mt. Moon."

"Sweet!" Brian said, "You're doing really well, sis. With that pace, you should be at Cerulean City by this afternoon!"

"Yeah, that's cool." Danica said, getting out of bed slowly. To her surprise, her leg's aching had been greatly diminished. "Though I would have gotten through that cave already if it wasn't for some stupid Nidoran."

"What?" Brian asked, confused, "What happened?"

"A horde of Nidoran decided to attack me for no reason. I hurt my leg trying to escape and this kid came along and helped me. Gosh, I hate those Pokémon."

"Are you okay?"

"Yes. Don't worry." she said, "My leg is fine now. I'm good to go."

"Okay, then. Be careful, sis, please." Brian said. "Oh, and by the way, Ritchie says hi."

"Say hi to him for me, too!" Danica said, and her stomach growled. "Well, I gotta go now. Take care, you two!"

"Thanks. You too sis! Be careful around Mt. Moon!" Brian said, "I heard there are some Pokémon there that are kind of dangerous! They suck blood from people and Pokémon!"

"Noted. I'll keep an eye out for them." she said, "Now, bye-bye!"

Danica hung up, made sure she had all her belongings with her, and left the room. She then made her way for the main hall, where the receptionist was tending to other trainers' Pokémon. She then spotted a vending machine from the corner of her eye and dashed over there. Once she had purchased a couple snack bars and a Soda Pop, she took a seat and proceeded to have her breakfast.

Next stop, Mt. Moon. Time to get this show back on the road.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

heart-big.jpg

Kiya Bonham
Pewter Gym: Smoker vs. Brock
Time: Afternoon

Kiya's heart began to quicken as she struggled to come to a decision. Should she go for it? She knew full well that the smarter choice would be not to, but… Champion, her usually-faithful Hitmonchan, sat next to her, eyes focused on the scene below him paying no mind to her. It seemed even her partner had abandoned her in this struggle. No matter. This had always been her own fight. She felt her hands begin to tremble the longer it took for her to decide.

The martial artist had come to the Pewter City Gym, psyched for her first gym battle and completely ready, but it turned out that other battles had been taking place at the moment so she instead decided to climb to the bleachers overlooking the battlefield so she could watch them. Master Kiyo had taught her the importance of learning about an opponent, although that usually happened during the battle as opposed to before it in her experience. Everything was fine until she started getting a little bored, so she absentmindedly opened the canvas sack she had brought with her to hold all her stuff. She hadn't actually checked it since starting her journey, although she didn't feel the need to since she packed it herself, so one could imagine her surprise when she found something completely unexpected.

An entire bag of individually wrapped Custap Berry-flavored hard candies with wrapping that even had a Custap pattern on it sat in the middle of her bag as if it were staring at her. There was a note inside signed by her mother saying, "Don't eat them all at once! And don't tell your dad either. -Love, mom." This was where her trouble began. Kiya's dad made a big effort to teach her about the importance of eating right for a martial artist's body, and she understood it, trying her best to take care of her body. The problem was that for as long as she could remember she had a great affinity for sweets, which happen to be infamous for being bad for you. Her mom sees no harm in some candy or dessert every once in a while, but her dad claims that it's a slippery slope, and that once she starts it will be difficult for her to stop. If anyone has ever seen her with a large quantity of candy at her disposal, they would know that her dad is right in that regard.Thus, whenever she is around easily-accessible sweets, Kiya is forced to wage an internal battle with herself.

She couldn't believe what her mother had done to her. What had she been thinking!? Was this a way for her to train her discipline? Yes, that had to be it… Her mother wasn't so cruel as to needlessly torture her with such a thing. But that still didn't help her with her current predicament. She could feel her heartbeat growing louder, each individual beat like a drum as she stared at the candy in her bag. Just one couldn't hurt, right? She'd put so much work into her body that it should be impossible for one little piece to undo it all. A tiny, delicious, oh so sweet little piece...

Kiya slapped herself hard, the sound reverberating throughout the gym and causing others to look her way. She couldn't give in so easily! But it was clear that she was fighting a losing battle. She shuffled around inside her bag for something that could help her when her hand bumped against something hard. It was a pokeball, one of the many she had brought for catching pokemon along her journey. But she knew that pokemon weren't the only things they could capture. She grabbed the ball and brought it close to the bag of candy.

This all started when she caught a glimpse, so all she had to do was to not look at it! It wouldn't do for her to have to go through this every time she opened her bag, so simply closing it wasn't a good option. That's where the pokeball would come in. She would just capture the bag of candy, so that whenever she looked in her bag it would be no different than if it were any other pokeball. It was genius! She sat there holding the pokeball next to the bag, ready to put her plan into action, but for a moment she didn't move. Then, in a swift motion as if trying to keep others from seeing, she grabbed a single piece of candy before the rest of the bag was enveloped in the ball's red light. There was no shaking or pinging sound since what the ball contained was inanimate, and in an instant the situation had been resolved.

Kiya sighed, and rolled the piece she'd saved in between her fingers. She was ashamed of herself, but also knew that having the willpower to put away all those other candies had to mean something. She didn't want to try opening that ball again, nor did she want to waste another ball to contain the single piece, so she quickly unwrapped it and popped it into her mouth. In an instant, all feelings of shame and guilt disappeared, and she was in heaven...

***​

Once that little episode with the candy was done with, Kiya turned her focus back onto the battle. The previous one had finished and a new challenger approached. She wondered if she had missed her chance, but simply became determined to seize the next one. The new challenger was a messy-looking man with a black shirt and torn jeans with earphones hanging from the collar of his shirt. He and Brock talked for a moment, the same as with the previous challengers, when Brock suddenly received a phone call. After a brief conversation he returned to talking with messy man, then that guy picked up his phone for a call of his own. He didn't look very happy. He started screaming into his phone, something about a stalker and an adventure, but he eventually seemed to calm down a bit. Soon enough, he put the phone away and put a cigarette in his mouth before finally pulling out a pokeball.

The battle began with the smoking guy sending out a Beedrill and Brock sending out a strange pokemon Kiya hadn't seen before. Her mother had gotten her a pokedex and a pokegear thanks to some favors with co-workers at Silph Co. so Kiya pulled the dex from her bag and pointed it at Brock's pokemon. It was apparently called Kabutops, and was Rock and Water type.

The smoking guy began by calling out moves like Hyper Beam and Earthquake, which his Beedrill apparently didn't know. Then he started calling moves that Kiya wasn't sure even existed, like Super Drill Attack and Wreck-Its-Face Attack. Brock didn't seem very amused, looking more shocked than anything. After a bit, he managed to call an order the Beedrill could actually follow, namely, "Stab its eyes out." The Beedrill flew up close to the Kabutops and jabbed at its eyes, but Brock ordered it to close them and the Beedrill's huge stingers just bounced off the Kabutops' rock-hard skin.

After that, Brock went on the offensive. His Kabutops struck the Beedrill immediately in front of it with a powerful Stone Edge attack, hitting it with jagged rocks that shot up from the ground. Smoker ordered his pokemon, that had somehow managed to survive, to get out of there, then had it focus on dodging the next few hits. It seemed he had abandoned any hope of offense. The Beedrill was fast and Kabutops couldn't hit it as it fled. That is, until Brock ordered it to use Rain Dance. Its scythes began glowing and it started dancing, bouncing on one leg before alternating to the next. As it danced, dark clouds suddenly began forming above the battlefield and rain sprinkled down. The longer the pokemon danced, the larger the clouds grew and the more intense the rain became, until it reached a heavy downpour.

The Kabutops was upon Smoker's Beedrill in a flash, having suddenly become much faster, and hit it straight on with another Stone Edge attack. Amazingly, the Beedrill was still up and able to fight, but it didn't look like it could last much longer. Smoker's face was one of annoyance more than anything, something that surprised Kiya. Brock, however, wore a grimace. He recalled his Kabutops into its pokeball and said something to Smoker before sending out a much weaker-looking Geodude that seemed rather unhappy in the heavy rain. Kiya could only wonder why Brock would do such a thing.

Smoker didn't look too happy about what should have been to his advantage, but he still ordered his Beedrill to stab at the Geodude, the same as what he tried before against the Kabutops. Just like the last time, the blow did nothing to the Rock-type, and a quick Rock Throw attack from the Geodude finished off the gravely wounded bug. Smoker's second pokemon appeared to be a Weedle, something that Kiya wasn't sure helped him much when he already had a Beedrill. Maybe he just liked bugs? She realized that she probably wasn't one to talk, knowing full well that if a Tyrogue or even another Hitmonchan crossed her path she would do everything in her power to catch it despite having Champion.

The Weedle did absolutely nothing to its opponent before succumbing to the Geodude's rollout attack, ending the battle. Brock and Smoker said a few more things to each other before Smoker left, not looking very sad or angry about his loss but definitely not happy either. Kiya didn't learn anything about Brock as a trainer from that fight, but she did learn a good deal about the Kabutops and she supposed that counted for something if he sent it out. Once Smoker left, the rain clouds were soon to follow, leaving the battlefield free for a new opponent. Kiya didn't waste any time, leaping down from the bleachers down to the field with Champion close behind her.

Brock seemed to raise an eyebrow at Kiya when she stepped up to her designated place on the field. Most people did, though, apparently finding her outfit strange for whatever reason. She paid it no mind, though, and instead just got into a fighting stance. Now Brock's other eyebrow rose. "You know your pokemon is going to be the one fighting, right?" he asked, only semi-jokingly. She didn't need to respond as Champion soon took his place on the field, taking his own stance that was, rather uncharacteristically for a Hitmonchan, identical to her own. After all, he had been practicing Karate in the dojo alongside Kiya for as long as he could remember.

While she was an experienced fighter when it came to martial arts, she had also done pokemon battles several times in the past against others in the dojo who kept pokemon as well as some of the neighborhood children. In her early battles, she struggled with giving commands when they needed to be given. She usually knew what she wanted to do in a given situation, but she had always been used to simply reacting to things with her body as opposed to translating them into thoughts, then into words. Champion would also struggle between doing what he felt was best in the situation or obeying Kiya's delayed commands. With the help of Master Kiyo, Kiya discovered that she could react faster if she acted as if she herself were the one battling, and attempted to synchronize her moves with Champion's.

Brock could tell that the pair was serious. "Is this your first gym battle?" he asked. This surprised Kiya, as she was always used to just getting right into the fight after readying her stance. She just stood there for a moment, feeling awkward in this strange limbo between her "battle mode" and her "social mode", as it could be said.

"Y-yes, this is my first," answered Kiya, not used to conversation from her fighting stance. Champion turned around, sensing his trainer waver. She noticed and tried to steel herself, not wanting to show weakness to her partner and rival. Kiya took a deep breath to get back to her usual self and stood up straight. She then held out her right hand, holding up 3 of her fingers. "3 minutes. Win or lose, this match will take no more than 3 minutes. I have no badges, and no other pokemon, but I would advise that you don't hold back." Her expression had become fierce, and the moment of awkwardness felt like it was an eternity ago. Champion turned to face Brock again, glad that he worried about Kiya for nothing.

Brock gave a smirk after hearing Kiya's announcement. "That sounds like a challenge! Alright, it looks like it's about time to get this battle started." He walked to a rack by the wall that held several pokeballs and picked one out before coming back to his place on the field. "No holding back, then? Come on out Aerodactyl!" He tossed the pokeball he had retrieved into the air, and out came a grey-skinned flying pokemon with purple wings, a triangular spade-tipped tail, and very sharp-looking teeth. It roared loudly as it emerged. Kiya didn't bother looking it up on her pokedex, only focusing on the battle at hand as she pictured herself right there in the middle of the ring where Champion stood.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
BENNY - III
Pewter City

Benny's Team
Spr_2g_190.png
Spr_2g_131.png

Efa's Team
Spr_2g_007.png
Spr_2g_035.png

Benny rushed off his platform and to Lapras. She was still conscious when he approached her. He got down and lifted her head. "It'll be okay, girl," he whispered to her. "You did an amazing job." Benny wasn't sure if he had lost. Did his Pokemon need to be standing at the end? Brock returned his Sudowoodo to its ball. Benny pat Lapras on the head, then returned her to her ball as well. He stood and Brock stuck out his hand.

latest

"Give me your Pokemon and I'll heal them up," he said to Benny. Benny handed Lapras over just as Rillo limped back out onto the arena floor. She was hurt, but quickly reached Benny and hugged him. She allowed him to put her in her Pokeball and handed her to Brock. He turned and entered the back stage. Efa walked out to where Benny stood. She put her hand on his wrist and his knees almost buckled. She was smiling.

"I think you did it, Benny," she excitedly whispered. Her smile was so nice. He smiled back at her and shrugged. Even if he hadn't won, maybe they could fight Brock again together tomorrow. He liked that idea. Brock returned from behind the curtain. He handed Benny his Pokemon back. Benny and Efa looked at him, waiting for an answer.

"Congratulations," Brock said, smiling finally. He stuck out his hand and Benny stuck his out in return, still unaware of what was happening. Brock dropped a Boulder Badge into his hand, then clasped his shoulder. "You did great out there, but you still have work to do if you want to keep growing." Benny nodded. He started smiling and looked at the small silver badge in his hand. He had done it. He still had so far to go, but he felt like he could go home proud already. The problem with that was that he finally realized why his father had wanted this dream. It felt amazing.

"And you," said Brock, turning to Efa, "Come back tomorrow morning and try again. You're something special." She looked shocked, then smiled and hugged Brock, thanking him. Benny felt his face turning red and he didn't think he liked Brock as much as he had moments before. You're jealous...and you just met her. Don't be so silly!

Efa and Benny left together and stepped back out into the afternoon sunset. She was already going on about strategies to beat Brock the following day and Benny starred, smiling and nodding, offering small tips when he could.

"Ohhhh, Benny! How did you know to use Water Pulse? Such a smart choice!"

He thought she was even more beautiful in the sunset than under the stadium lights.

"It was so impressive when Rillo ran up Onix's back and gave it a good whopping!"

Benny was glad to have met her. She helped him stay confident and cool when things looked dark.

"Benny, are you listening to me?"

Benny realized he was starring at her with a big grin on his face. They had walked all the way back to the restaurant he had eaten at. "Uh..." he stumbled, "Y-yeah! I was just thinking about how great you're going to do tomorrow!"

Nice save... She bought it. She smiled and hugged him. She even smells amazing! This felt like a better hug than Brock had gotten. She let go of him and looked at the restaurant saying, "I'm starving. Shall we eat?" He nodded. She seemed to want to keep hanging out with him, which he didn't mind at all.

As they ate, Efa continued speculating on her next battle with Brock. She told Benny about where she had grown up, far off in Kalos in a town called Santalune, but she had moved to Kanto with her family before beginning her own Pokemon journey. She was quite an intelligent young woman. She had previously owned a few Pokemon from Kalos, but had left them at home to start a fresh experience. He was really happy to hear that she was on a similar journey as him and before he knew it, he blurted out, "Want to travel together?"

She didn't answer. She just looked at him curiously. Too soon, oh no. She's going to say no and now you look like a fool. "Uh...I mean...maybe just until C-," he began. She jumped out of her seat and hugged him again. He felt his face turning bright tomato red.

"Yes!" Efa shouted, "Absolutely!" She let go of him and sat back down, bright smile of hers present on her face. He took a sip of his drink as she started talking to him about her strategy for the battle the following day.

They left the restaurant full and confident in Efa's battle with Brock tomorrow. Benny released Rillo from her ball and she jumped onto Efa's shoulder and gave a big grin to Benny. He knew he couldn't hide his crush from her and he laughed as Efa handed Rillo a small snack. Benny returned to his father's friend's home as night settled in Pewter City, asking if Efa could stay as well. His father's friend eyed him suspiciously, then told him to sleep on the couch.

Efa wished him a good rest for tomorrow then closed the guest bedroom door that Benny had previously slept in. He laid down on the couch and Rillo snuggled up next to him. She slapped her big tail across his face playfully, pointing at the door to where Efa was. Benny ruffled her hair and closed his eyes. He was so proud and happy of his two Pokemon, but he knew he'd need to get them some friends to help future battles. Lapras was so pleased with herself for the win and he had hugged her tightly when he showed her the badge. He was proud to have her on his team and Rillo loved spending time with her as well.

"Rillo, what do you think of naming Lapras Indigo?" he asked his small Aipom. She looked thoughtfully at the Pokeball that housed Lapras. She smiled and gave him a pat on the head, showing her approval.

Rillo and Indigo...
Squirt and Zen...
Benny... and Efa.

He drifted off to sleep, comforted with the thoughts and dreams his mind played for him.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
Arthur 'Artie' Cagliosso - Chapter #2: Battles for Beginners

453.gif

...A wild Noctowl appeared!

Artie awoke to the unwanted sound of bag-rustling. Please don't be... A hungry Noctowl had discovered the berries hidden in Artie's bag. Oh. It is. Artie could barely see it in the newborn dawn light, but there was no mistaking those eyes. As Artie sat up, the Noctowl flicked its head up mid berry-chew and stared at him with its large, all-seeing eyes. Artie stared back.

"Uh-"

And like that, the Noctowl went from perching peculiarly on the floor to having its wings outstretched in the air with its talons lodged in Artie's arm. "Fuc-" Artie began before being interrupted by the massive splodge of mud flinging past him, into the Noctowl.

Jass used Mud-Slap!

The bird withdrew its talons from the flesh of the bloody mess that Artie's arm had become. It was at this point Artie realised that Beedrill were the least of his worries. Or possibly the most worrying thing, especially if a swarm were to be attracted to the loud noises they were suddenly making. Jass and the as-yet-unnamed Noctowl were facing off. The Noctowl wasn't the biggest fan of Jass after his mud shenanigans, and was ready to retaliate.

The wild Noctowl used Wing Attack!

It was super effective!

Crap.
"Probably shoulda dodged that." Artie told Jass, while clutching his arm. Only when the Croagunk looked back at him with a look of confusion did Artie realise his actual job as a trainer. That is, to tell the Pokémon to dodge before the attack hits. Surely that would be obvious to the Pokémon, Artie thought. Why should he have to tell him?

The wild Noctowl used Wing Attack!

This time Artie actually did his job. "G- go! Move!" Although it wasn't the most concise command in the world, it was enough.

Jass avoided the attack!

Jass rolled over, somewhat injured from the previous Wing Attack but still firmly on his feet. He looked to his trainer expectantly. Artie just shrugged and said: "Poison it?". His clothes were slowly reddening with his blood.

Jass used Toxic!

A somewhat small clump of purple sludge rocketed out of Jass' mouth and hit the Noctowl square in the face mid-flight. The impact threw Noctowl off and it plummeted to the ground as it started to feel the effects of the poison. Artie spotted this perfect attack opportunity and usefully provided the incredibly non-specific command of "Attack it Jass!". Jass, having received literally no direction whatsoever as to which attack to use, did what came naturally to him.

Jass used Poison Sting!

As the Noctowl was struggling to lift off, Jass ran over to it with a speed Artie didn't know was possible for a creature with such short legs, and smacked it with a glowing-purple hand. The Noctowl screeched.

The wild Noctowl used Growl!

Jass backed off a bit in fear of what the Noctowl might do. Artie was literally lost for words. It was his first ever Pokémon battle, in a creepy forest, in the dark, with a heavily bleeding arm. This was not how he imagined it happening. The Noctowl managed to successfully take off before being hurt by the poison inflicted earlier and falling straight back down to the grass. Artie focused, cleared his mind, and clearly said "Brick Break".

Jass used Brick Break!

Jass' fist came down on the top of the struggling Noctowl's back, making it wince. Artie could see it was losing its energy very quickly thanks to the poison. Soon he wouldn't have to deal with- Wait a minute. An idea sprang into Artie's head. He grabbed his bag with his bad arm, speckling it with blood, and reached in. He pulled out a small, red and white orb, commonly referred to as a Pokéball. Let's see how good my aim is...

Artie used a Pokéball!

The Noctowl stared in horror as the orb came hurtling towards it. Its attempts to escape were futile, as the Pokéball hit the Noctowl, engulfing it in a red light. Then the Pokéball fell where the Noctowl previously lay, and it wiggled. One... Two... Three...

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

heart-big.jpg

Kiya Bonham
Pewter Gym: The Main Event, Kiya vs. Brock!
Time: Afternoon

Not wasting any time, Brock gave the first command. "Hit it with Fire Fang!" Suddenly, the Aerodactyl's mouth filled with fire that cloaked its teeth, and with incredible speed, the pokemon dove at Champion. He and Kiya stood their ground.

When the enemy drew close, Kiya made her move. "Mach Punch!" Champion delivered a lightning-fast right hook aimed straight for the creature's face. "Now Comet punch!" Not letting up for even a moment, Champion locked his opponent in a flurry of punches that were all aimed for the gut, focusing his damage on one spot just as he'd been taught.

Brock suddenly grinned. "This is your chance! Take it up with Sky Drop!" While the Mach Punch did noticeable damage, Kiya realized that the Aerodactyl didn't seem fazed by the Comet Punch despite all of them hitting in a focused area. Champion didn't seem to realize that his attacks were suddenly doing less damage and couldn't react in time when the ancient pokemon quickly grabbed his gloved fist with its sharp, talon-like feet. With a single, powerful flap of its wings, it pulled Champion high into the air where he struggled to land a punch with his other hand past the air resistance. Mid-ascent, the creature did a graceful front flip that turned all of its momentum downward before flinging Champion straight into the ground with that same momentum. There was a loud crash as Champion was driven into the ground, a large dust cloud expanding from the impact point. It seemed like Brock truly wasn't holding back one bit as he shouted, "Again! Don't give it a chance to recover!"

Champion was still trying to stand as the Aerodactyl shot towards him like an arrow. "Dodge roll!" Called Kiya as she leapt into a roll off to the side, mirroring her pokemon. Champion moved just in time to avoid the Aerodactyl's talons, which hit the rock where he'd been just moments ago hard. Rising from the ground left the Aerodactyl open for just a moment, so she shouted, "Mach Punch!" Champion leapt from where he knelt on the ground after the roll and his fist flew into the same spot on the Aerodactyl's gut. "Roll out of there!" This time she didn't attempt a follow-up, and Champion was able to get away from it. He was lucky, as the Aerodactyl had charged forward to grab him again without even receiving another order from Brock. No, that wasn't true. He'd told it not to give Champion a chance to recover, so it wouldn't.

After another order to dodge, Champion barely managed to avoid the next charge. The Aerodactyl was much faster than Champion could ever hope to be, but the Hitmonchan's movements were timed and much more efficient, allowing him to dodge the attacks of such a fast pokemon in the first place. Unfortunately, Champion was beginning to grow tired. To dodge an enemy of that speed he required intense concentration and that was becoming increasingly difficult to accomplish as the battle dragged on. It didn't seem like it would be doing so for much longer though when Brock spoke up. "It's amazing that your Hitmonchan can keep up with my Aerodactyl! But that's not going to be enough. Earthquake!"

The flying Pokemon went high into the air before diving straight down, slamming its talons into the ground with much greater force than before. It caused the ground to immediately shake and even break apart in some places, and a shockwave shot out from where the Aerodactyl had landed. No amount of timing and dodging could save Champion this time, as the shockwave sent him flying backwards. Kiya grit her teeth. She and Champion were great martial artists, but martial arts were created for men to defend against other men. Pokemon were different. A strong pokemon was a force of nature, and martial arts didn't train against that.

"Grab it while it's down!" shouted Brock. Champion was struggling to get up after the Earthquake when the Aerodactyl rocketed for him, and it was upon him in seconds, grabbing him by the shoulders.

At that moment, Kiya noticed an opening. "Now, Bullet Punch!" Kiya had felt all of Champion's attacks first hand so she knew that Mach Punch was definitely his strongest attack, but being on the ground like he was at the moment there was no way he would be able to wind his fist back for a good one. Bullet Punch wasn't as strong, but it could be fired off much more quickly and without the wind-up, relying on the number of punches to make up for lost power.

Exploiting the opening between the Aerodactyl grabbing Champion and it taking him into the air, Champion launched his fist forward at a blinding speed, delivering several punches in what looked like a single jab straight into the Aerodactyl's side. The Aerodactyl roared in pain at the hit, surprising Kiya who was under the impression that Mach Punch was stronger, but it still wouldn't go down. Just like before, the Aerodactyl soared into the sky with Champion underfoot, the latter unable to do anything. "This is it," announced Brock. "Finish it with Sky Drop!"

"Endure it!" ordered Kiya right as Champion was being flung to the earth again. He hit the ground and kicked up another cloud of dust, obscuring the result of the battle. The dust thinned, and Champion's silhouette could be seen getting to its knees. Kiya could hear Brock whistle, further impressed.

"Good move, but it won't save you. He can't fight anymore." Brock pointed to Champion as he spoke, and when the dust had completely settled it was clear that he was not only severely injured, but that he was also very tired by the way he panted for breath and slumped a bit in his stance. "It's been past 3 minutes. That number was your- no, his limit, right?"

Kiya hadn't realized that it had already been that long. Brock was right, though. Champion was a powerful fighter, and his Karate skills gave him an advantage against most other, more feral opponents, but the problem was that as a Hitmonchan he had naturally low stamina. He couldn't fight for any longer than 3 minutes without tiring himself out if he fought at his full strength. Kiya looked at the way Champion struggled to continue, then looked at the Aerodactyl, still soaring and strong. It would take a miracle for them to win now. But…

"Lots of energy!" Shouted Kiya, repeating a phrase that Master Kiyo would say to get pumped up. "No matter the pain, the blood, sweat, and tears we shed along the way, we won't stop until we've reached the summit, until we've reached victory! Fwaaa!" With that finishing shout, Kiya stomped on the ground and punched both her fists into each other. Champion did the same, his fighting spirit shining through his exhausted body.

Brock's smile grew wider. "Looks like we're not quite done yet, Aerodactyl! Go, Earthquake!" The airborne Aerodactyl dove straight down into the ground.

There was that move Champion had no way to dodge. "All out attack! Close the distance!" Using every last bit of energy he had left, Champion dashed towards the Aerodactyl in an attempt to get it before it hit the ground. When it looked like he wouldn't make it in time, Champion surprised Kiya by lunging forward and using his Mach Punch to propel himself, a clever idea she wouldn't have thought of. It made her wonder whether or not he really even needed her there.

She couldn't think about that now, though. Not at such a crucial point in the match. The Mach Punch didn't take him all the way, but it brought him close enough. "Bullet Punch!" The Aerodactyl had nearly hit the ground, its talons pointed downward already, when Champion struck it in its gut where he'd been striking for most of the match. Unfortunately, the lighter nature of Bullet Punch meant that it would not be enough to stop the speeding Rock pokemon, and it still managed to slam into the ground. "Endure!" Called Kiya the moment she heard the Aerodactyl's crash, and while the shockwaves from the crash still knocked Champion back, he was able to stand up again, although it took a significant amount of effort from the looks of it.

The Aerodactyl also seemed to struggle a bit to rise, having taken damage from the off-balance landing. It almost looked like it was going to double over, Champion's concentrated hits to its gut finally taking their toll, but the creature righted itself and roared loudly into the air. Champion, on the other hand, wobbled in place, barely able to stand. It seemed like this next move would be one that decided the winner. Kiya was determined to have it be Champion. "Bullet Punch!" She shouted as loud as she could.

"Rock Slide!" Countered Brock. The Aerodactyl stomped and roared loudly, forcing rocks down from the gym's stone ceiling, and at the same time Champion lunged forward and threw his fist. However, as Champion's fist moved forward, so did his body, continuing until it fell limply on the stone floor. He had fainted from exhaustion. The falling rocks slammed into the Hitmonchan's motionless form, ensuring that even if he did somehow find another surge of energy, it wouldn't be enough for him to get back up. Thus, the battle was over.

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
Years
Rex Atwood

-Return-

Pewter City. A stone gray town, nestled in between Viridian Forest and the entrance to Mt.
Moon, and surrounded by rock on nearly all sides. All was peaceful, as the sun had began to
set, and the streets were nearly empty as locals shuffled back to their dwellings for a
good night's rest. A few stragglers continued to roam the streets, probably tourists, or simply
those that preferred to be up at dusk.

A weary figure entered the city around this time, moving slowly towards the Pokemon Center
near the center in town. Bystanders, if there were any would observe this figure to be that
of a male in his late teens, carrying a backpack and oddly enough, wearing sunglasses. A
careful observer would note the twin pokeballs hanging from his belt, and would make the
assumption that this worn out traveler was a Pokemon Trainer.

Pewter City. It was almost exactly as he remembered it.... The sandy-haired boy quickly shook
himself out of the flashback before he went too much farther into it. He needed to get to the
Pokemon Center and have his Pokemon checked out, so they would be ready for his gym challenge
tomorrow.

The door to the pokemon center slid open with a slight hiss as he approached. Trudging inside,
he unclipped the Pokeballs from his belt, holding them out silently to the cheerful red-haired
nurse. "I'll take those for you! What is your name, sir?"

"Rex. Rex Atwood." The trainer said groggily.

As Nurse Joy took Rex's pokemon to one of the back rooms to have them checked and healed,
Rex sank down into the nearest available chair. Finally able to think, knowing that he had
taken care of his pokemon, Rex scanned the room.

The ground floor of this particular Pokemon Center was deserted, save for another young man
with distinctive red hair, who was sitting at a nearby table, writing intently.

Rex's mind began to wander back to earlier this morning, when he had returned to Kanto to begin
his league challenge journey.

He hadn't slept the night before, too anxious to rest. Instead he had spent the night and early morning
hours expanding his knowledge of the Kanto region, preaparing his supplies (bought from Goldenrod's
famous department store, in his hometown), and worrying about whether he should even be taking
the quest in the first place. He was only a research intern, after all, not a battle-ready trainer.
All logic screamed that he belonged in the lab, not out in the field. For once in his life, though,
Rex wasn't relying on logic for his desicion, but instead on an impulse, a gut feeling. And that scared
him.

Rex had reached Kanto by late afternoon the next day, arriving just near the entrance of Viridian Forest.
He entered the thick vegetation, allowing his first pokemon, Mudkip, out of its pokeball to walk beside
him.

Mudkip had been a farewell gift from his parents, who were overjoyed to see their son branching out and
following in his father's footsteps. He had never cared for a Pokemon personally, and Rex, not knowing
what to do with his little mud fish partner, rarely talked to it, like he saw most other trainers doing.
Mudkip always seemed content to follow him around though, trotting at his feet with a great big smile
on his little face. Rex was lucky to have such a naturally friendly pokemon; some trainers had a hard
enough time seeing eye to eye with their partners, no matter how much effort they put in.

Rex wished that someone would have warned him about Viridian Forest before he went in. He could see all
kinds of irritated pokemon, and even more disturbing were the numeous electrical burn marks sorching the
foliage all over the span of the forest. "What in the world happened here?" Rex wondered. He didn't
want to think about it though, since all of the options he could think of didn't make him feel any safer.

They wandered around for hours, with Rex trying to get a signal on his pokegear to access his map, and
Mudkip playfully swatting at any nearby bug Pokemon. As they walked, one particularly brave beedrill
charged the pair, clearly wanting to drive the intruders away. Rex could hardly even realize that he was
having his first pokemon battle. In fact, by the time he realized it, Mudkip had already taken the
offensive, spraying the bug pokemon with a stream of high pressure water. Rex gaped at the now fierce
looking little water pokemon standing before him. "Are you even supposed to be able to do that? I
thought I had to give you the orders?"
Rex queried, for once addressing his Pokemon directly. The Mudkip
simply dropped it's battle gaze, and gave Rex an innocent look.

Somehow they had managed to find their way out, after hours of wandering around. Rex was exhausted,
he hadn't slept in over 36 hours. That was when he found himself at the entrance to Pewter City.

Rex arose from his flashback, but realized that Nurse Joy was not back with his pokemon yet. He sighed,
hoping that she would hurry up so that he could get some shut-eye soon.....

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
BENNY - IV
Route Three

Benny's Team
Spr_2g_190.png
Spr_2g_131.png

Efa's Team
Spr_2g_007.png
Spr_2g_035.png

Benny had slept well. Efa had him up early, but she rushed out the door before he could even blink. She was back within twenty minutes showing off her new Boulder Badge. She told him she had spent the whole night thinking of a new strategy to beat Brock and had finally figured out a good plan of attack. Benny was slightly hurt she hadn't waited for him, but now they could head onwards to the next gym. Benny was packed up and ready as Efa entered from the bedroom. Squirt and Zen waddled behind her, happy and proud of their victory.

"Good work, you two," said Benny, bending down and patting Squirt on the head. Zen hugged at his leg and he pat her head as well. He looked up and smiled at Efa, who said, "Ready to go? We can get through the caverns by noon if we leave right away!" Benny nodded. They thanked his father's friend again for the night and headed off. Rillo was on Benny's shoulder as they entered the outskirts of the city. She was excited and bounced between his shoulder and Efa's, taking in every sight there was. Squirt was stuffed into Efa's bag, snuggled nicely and enjoying the cool breeze of the mountainous region. Zen squeezed herself into Benny's bag as well, comfortable around the young man quickly. Clearly they weren't in a mood to be in their Pokeballs. Indigo was the only Pokemon in her ball and she was quite content with that.

Benny and Efa reached the edge of the rock-laden path and breathed in the misty air. It was still early in the day and the morning dew shined on the shrubs and trees. The wild Pokemon were calling out to each other and packs of Spearow fluttered from one tree to the next. Benny was taking it all in and loving it. He turned to Efa and said, "Let's not rush. I just want to enjoy the beauty here, especially you."

He felt his heart sink to his stomach, then his stomach hit his throat. He hadn't meant to say that. He meant to say he wanted to enjoy the scenery with her. He looked at her quickly. She wasn't looking at him, but up over at a fluttering Hoothoot. She didn't say anything, but kept walking.

It was silent for what felt like an hour, except the crunching of their feet under gravel and the ambient noises around them. Rillo was back on Benny's shoulder, but she gave him a confident smile. Benny didn't want to stutter with his words and kept silent after his gaffe, so he felt less confident than her. They approached a small bridge near a stream and Efa stopped. Benny had been looking at the stream in appreciation of the beauty and realized she wasn't next to him, stopping quickly. He turned back to face her. She was smiling at him and finally spoke, "I want to catch a Pokemon here!" She grabbed his hand and began crossing the bridge.

"Ho there!" Benny and Efa stopped halfway across the bridge. A large man was approaching from the other side of the bridge. He was dressed well for the rocky ground and looked quite winded, but he smiled at them. As he stepped onto the bridge, Efa held Benny's hand tighter. Thank you, sir. Benny was practically melting. The man stopped directly in front of them, smiling and stretching his back.

HikerGSCsprite.png

"You kids fixin' to head through the mountain?" he asked in his booming voice. Benny noticed a few Pokeballs on his belt as he stretched.

"Yeah, we just received our Boulder Badges," said Efa nervously. Squirt and Zen heard the nerves in her voice and pounced out from the bags. Rillo remained vigilant on Benny's shoulder. "Are you a trainer?"

"Back in my youth, I surely was," said the hiker, chuckling. "I got myself a few badges, just like yours. Almost became the champ of the Elite Four even! Har!"

"Well, maybe we'll get as close as you someday too!" said Benny, slightly intimidated by the man's size. The hiker had just noticed Squirt and Zen on the bridge and bent over to look at them.

"How are you two doing today?" he asked. Zen looked up at Efa, then said Clef. Squirt nodded at the hiker. "Har! Clever little buggers, aren't they? Well then, kids, onto business. They call me the Toll Troll. I'm no horror story villain, but this here is my bridge. Most folks don't cross here, but up the road some. Guess you two stumbled onto my land. Now...it's no problem and this is a shorter path up to the mountain, but there's a price."

Efa looked at Benny and got closer to him, nervous at the man's sudden seriousness. Benny eyed the Toll Troll and said, "Well, we aren't interested in paying anything, so we'll head back. Sorry for th-"

The Toll Troll cut him off, "Now wait a second! Har! I just said I'm no bad guy! All I ask for is a quick battle! If you give me a good show, I let you pass. I didn't mean to scare you two, my goodness!"

The Toll Troll laughed heartily and the echo sounded in the quiet little enclosure. "Yeah, that'd be okay with us," said Efa before Benny could even interject. Well...guess we're going to battle!

The Toll Troll grabbed three Pokeballs off his belt. He smiled wider than ever and tossed the three Pokeballs up in the air. Out burst forth a Nidoqueen, a Stantler, and a Pikachu.

Spr_2g_234.png
Spr_2s_031.png
Spr_2g_025.png

Benny and Efa looked at each other. This guy meant business. Benny was pretty sure this was going to end poorly for them, then they'd be out a few hours of travel time and their Pokemon would be weakened. "Uh...listen, we're just going to..." Benny started, but Rillo jumped off his shoulder and landed, giving a leer to Nidoqueen, who towered high above even the Toll Troll.

Efa looked at Benny and said, "I guess we're battling."

I II III IV

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Danica Chandler
Mt. Moon Entrance
The Show Goes On!

After finishing her breakfast and makign sure she had everything she needed to continue travelling, Danica left the Pokémon Center. Her destination was Cerulean City, but between the girl and the big city stood Mt. Moon, where meteorites were said to fall from space and where Pokémon known as Clefairy made their homes. She remembered her trip to the Pewter Museum, and was excited about finding a Moon Stone... or a Fossil perhaps. With a faint smile on her usually-serious face, she took her first steps into the cave.

The cave was dark, but there was enough natural light to make the blue-haired see where she was going. She moved carefully around the rocky ground until she came to a small clearing. Her attention was drawn by an odd sign. "Beware! Zubat is a blood-sucker!" the sign said. The faint smile disappared. Those were the Pokémon she had to be on the lookout for. Awesome. More vicious Pokémon to avoid... she thought, I really need to get stronger. She reached into her hoodie's pocket and grabbed Curtis' ball. Her encounter with the Nidoran had shown her that she always needed to ahve a Pokémon ready to send out in cases of danger, which, with those ugly Zubats flying around, were bound to happen.

"Curtis, come out." she said, and sent out her Pokémon. She figured that having him already outside of the Pokéball would be more useful than having to send it out. The Ralts let out a happy cry as he materialized. Danica told him to stick close as they explored the cave, to which the Ralts replied with a nod and smile.

As they got deeper in the cave, more sounds could be heard. Trainers appeared to be battling, and the wild Pokémon appeared to be battling each other as well. A Zubat appeared out of nowhere, which badly started Danica, but it meant no harm as it was only flying by. The girl took some deep breaths, regained her composure, and continued walking, until she reached a hole with a ladder. This is odd... she thought, But there doesn't appear to be any other way to go to. She told Curtis to hang on to her tight, and once the small Pokémon grabbed on to her waist, she proceeded to maker her way down the ladder.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023

Route 3 [The Road to Mt. Moon]

Damien Welters
008.png
056.png
023MS.png

A nudge from Bella, Damien's Ekans, awoke him from his brief slumber. "Ughhh....i must have dozed off." He muttered, sitting there for a few more seconds, until standing up to stretch out his limbs. He looked around at the dark cave, until finally reaching into his bag for another granola bar. He unwrapped it and took a bite, and also broke off a piece for Bella, who gobbled it in on go. Soon enough, the bar was completely gone, putting the wrapper into his backpack to throw away later. "Alright Bella...let's get a move on." The poison type hissed, as it slithered forwards ahead of Damien, who was walking close behind. Turning the corner and walking straight down a corridor, the two approached some sort of rusty ladder that led downward. Standing there, Damien quickly decided to proceed downwards in the cave, grabbing on and slowly but surely making his way down the short ladder, dropping him to a lower floor of the cave. His Poison typed companion slithered down the ladder, and gently lowered her body to the cave floor, where she fell with gracefulness, and let out a playful hiss at Damien. He looked around, and saw that not much had changed from the previous floor. The corridor only led one way, which was a straightforward path down the cave.

"Sssss..." Damien looked down and heard Bella hiss at him once again, and then proceeded to slither on ahead of him, disappearing in the darkness.

"Hey, Bella!" Damien shouted, as he started to walk forwards. "Don't go to far in, I don't want you to get lost." He said. Although it was true that he didn't want to lose his Ekans, it was more like he didn't want to get lost in the cave himself. After all, Bella was scoping out the area for him. As he continued to walk, he suddenly heard a screeching sound coming from up ahead, where Bella presumably was. "Hey!" Damine shouted out of worry, running forwards. The sound did not sound like his Pokémon, but it certainly came from her direction. Now hastily jogging, Damien came to a slow stop, as he approached the source of the sound up ahead, where he saw his Ekans coiled around a large rock, with a Zubat in her mouth, trying to fly away. "...You caught a Zubat?" He the Zubat flapping its wings while letting out the same cry of pain as it did earlier, reverberating through the cave. "Bella, let that dumb thing go! It's making my ears hurt!" He shouted, as Bella held on the Zubat for a few more seconds, before opening its mouth, watching as the Zubat flew away in haste. Letting out a sigh of relief, Damien walked up to his Pokémon, and pet her on the head. "Don't worry, I'll get you some food soon." He gestured the Ekans to walk alongside him, until suddenly he heard yet another noise coming from up ahead. What the...? Me thought to himself. The noise was similar wings flapping, and it was getting closer and closer, until Damien could her it right from above his head. It was a massive flock of Zubat! Damien ducked his head, as Bella sprang up trying to bite some of the Zubat in an attempt to get them away. The beating of the wings almost made a booming sound, as the Zubat rushed around in a frenzy.

Back