• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Big Sting: Bug-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
The Big Sting
The Bug-type Pokémon Club

tumblr_lidtj02WwD1qaj7lho1_500.jpg

Welcome to the Big Sting! This is a place for Bug-type Pokémon lovers to gather and discuss their favorite Bug-type Pokémon, moves, trainers, and anything related.

Sign-up form:
Name:
Pick two Bug-type Partner Pokémon:
Reason(s) for liking Bug-types:
Answer to current topic:

Feel free to answer a past topic too if you have something to discuss!

Current topics:
Which Bug-type Mega Evolution is your favorite?

Past topics:
Spoiler:

Bug-type Pokémon:
Spoiler:

Member List:
Spoiler:

Userbars:
Spoiler:

If you would like to make a userbar for the club feel free to do so.​

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Im finally the first to join a club!
Name: Dedenne1
Pick two Bug-type Partner Pokémon: Vivillon, Beautifly
Reason(s) for liking Bug-types: thyere cute and actually poweful eventhough they have some weaknesses plus i think they along with water are the most "realistic" pokemon there are :)
Answer to current topic:
What is your favorite Bug-type Pokémon?
Vivillon or Beautifly theyre both flying and bug a nice combination plus they are the cutest in my opinion and have a great moveset <3
What is your favorite Bug-type move?
Bug buzz or quiver dance i cant decide today haha
For offense bug buzz is super powerful and learned by most pokemon.
For support quiver dance is quite a good move learned by a smaller set of pokemon this move raises several stats including speed and is great use on Volcarona who is probably my third favorite bug type.
Well i do have a question will we have bug type partner(s)in the future?

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

Years
Im finally the first to join a club!
Name: Dedenne1
Reason(s) for liking Bug-types: thyere cute and actually poweful eventhough they have some weaknesses plus i think they along with water are the most "realistic" pokemon there are :)
Answer to current topic:
Vivillon or Beautifly theyre both flying and bug a nice combination plus they are the cutest in my opinion and have a great moveset <3
Bug buzz or quiver dance i cant decide today haha
For offense bug buzz is super powerful and learned by most pokemon.
For support quiver dance is quite a good move learned by a smaller set of pokemon this move raises several stats including speed and is great use on Volcarona who is probably my third favorite bug type.
Well i do have a question will we have bug type partner(s)in the future?

Welcome! First, yes, you can pick a partner, it was always available, I just didn't get the sprites up earlier on :P I personally prefer Butterfree over Beautifly, but I do like Vivillon because of it's unique colorations. Bug Buzz is a really cool move, it's a shame I have no Pokémon who can use it :P

Dedenne1

Years
Welcome! First, yes, you can pick a partner, it was always available, I just didn't get the sprites up earlier on :P I personally prefer Butterfree over Beautifly, but I do like Vivillon because of it's unique colorations. Bug Buzz is a really cool move, it's a shame I have no Pokémon who can use it :P

Ok so 1 partner? Ok ill edit it in.
I never was a giant fan of butterfree but thats only because im usually for the underdog haha. Currently in my Oras adventure Beautifly is my partner so it seems fitting shes my partner here as well. :) bug buzz is a great move wow thats too bad some of ur pokemon cant learn it but that means there are other good moves it can learn right? Haha
Actually here's a good question what good physical bug type moves are there?
Edit: also btw ur gonna have to put bug type club in your sig :)

Wicked3DS

Years
Ok so 1 partner? Ok ill edit it in.
I never was a giant fan of butterfree but thats only because im usually for the underdog haha. Currently in my Oras adventure Beautifly is my partner so it seems fitting shes my partner here as well. :) bug buzz is a great move wow thats too bad some of ur pokemon cant learn it but that means there are other good moves it can learn right? Haha
Actually here's a good question what good physical bug type moves are there?
Edit: also btw ur gonna have to put bug type club in your sig :)

Two partners, not one, my bad :O

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Name: Peitharchia.
Pick two Bug-type Partner Pokémon: Kakuna and Metapod.
Reason(s) for liking Bug-types: Although they might not be as popular as some other types, they are still rather unique in their own right, and could be helpful in many ways, especially when it comes to competitive.

There is a lot, but one would definitely have to be Scizor, that's for sure.

Scizor's got a very cool-looking design, if you ask me; their main aim was to have it seem as a ninja of sorts, I believe, and they were quite successful at it. When it comes to battling and whatnot, it's able to perform quite wonderfully as well. It's got Technician ability, which raises damage of all lite moves, such as Bullet Punch; give it a set of Choice Band alongside, and it would be able to cause some major destruction.

I'm really liking that they had decided to give this Pokémon a mega-evolution down the line somewhere; it seems to be pretty cool. Although I haven't used it much competitively, unfortunately, I'm sure it could perform just as good (or perhaps even better), as its overall stats are seemingly quite gargantuan.

Wicked3DS

Years
Name: Peitharchia.
Pick two Bug-type Partner Pokémon: Kakuna and Metapod.
Reason(s) for liking Bug-types: Although they might not be as popular as some other types, they are still rather unique in their own right, and could be helpful in many ways, especially when it comes to competitive.

There is a lot, but one would definitely have to be Scizor, that's for sure.

Scizor's got a very cool-looking design, if you ask me; their main aim was to have it seem as a ninja of sorts, I believe, and they were quite successful at it. When it comes to battling and whatnot, it's able to perform quite wonderfully as well. It's got Technician ability, which raises damage of all lite moves, such as Bullet Punch; give it a set of Choice Band alongside, and it would be able to cause some major destruction.

I'm really liking that they had decided to give this Pokémon a mega-evolution down the line somewhere; it seems to be pretty cool. Although I haven't used it much competitively, unfortunately, I'm sure it could perform just as good (or perhaps even better), as its overall stats are seemingly quite gargantuan.

Wow I can't believe you actually picked them. Welcome! I like Scizor a lot, I thought it was one of the coolest when they revealed it sooooo many years ago. I'm not a huge fan of the Mega, though, it kind of just doesn't fit for me. And Technician Bullet Punch is pretty awesome I must admit.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Name: Aslan
213.png
617.png

I'll admit that I hate bugs in real life with few exceptions. But since they've removed bugs flying onto your face/stinging/chasing you, I appreciate them a whole lot more in Pokemon. Most bug types have extremely colourful, interesting and realistic designs/ideas behind them.

I feel like bug types as a whole are on the underrated end of the scale. People tend to overlook or pass them up for stronger types but they're really fun to use and I've enjoyed having them alongside me through my journeys. I think I mainly find myself loving the colour it brings to my team though. If that's even a legit reason, haha. ;-;

Oh man, that's a tossup between a lot of options. I was really fond of Escaviler for a while since "KNIGHT BUGS YEAHHH" or whatever other fangirly reason I had while its counterpart Accelgor was also an interesting (possibly undead) creature. I think my top choices would go to my two partners and Heracross though.

Shuckle's the most adorable thing to grace bug types since anything. It was there before Joltik, had a really derpy but lovable and recognisable design alongside a fun move in Power Trick. I loved using that move so much. <3

Accelgor's fascinating to me. I'll admit that the undead idea doesn't really scream out to me but it's such a mysterious character/creature and has a ninja-y sort of design. I approve.

Heracross was always one of my go to pokemon in the main series. Insanely strong, I loved Ash's Heracross when I was younger and it was just a great pokemon overall. I haven't used one in ages though. :(

Can't go wrong with Bug Buzz! Never was a fan of stat moves but I guess Quiver Dance is really useful for the nice buff in competitive play. Wouldn't really recommend using it in game though. :p

Wicked3DS

Years
Name: Aslan
213.png
617.png

I'll admit that I hate bugs in real life with few exceptions. But since they've removed bugs flying onto your face/stinging/chasing you, I appreciate them a whole lot more in Pokemon. Most bug types have extremely colourful, interesting and realistic designs/ideas behind them.

I feel like bug types as a whole are on the underrated end of the scale. People tend to overlook or pass them up for stronger types but they're really fun to use and I've enjoyed having them alongside me through my journeys. I think I mainly find myself loving the colour it brings to my team though. If that's even a legit reason, haha. ;-;

Oh man, that's a tossup between a lot of options. I was really fond of Escaviler for a while since "KNIGHT BUGS YEAHHH" or whatever other fangirly reason I had while its counterpart Accelgor was also an interesting (possibly undead) creature. I think my top choices would go to my two partners and Heracross though.

Shuckle's the most adorable thing to grace bug types since anything. It was there before Joltik, had a really derpy but lovable and recognisable design alongside a fun move in Power Trick. I loved using that move so much. <3

Accelgor's fascinating to me. I'll admit that the undead idea doesn't really scream out to me but it's such a mysterious character/creature and has a ninja-y sort of design. I approve.

Heracross was always one of my go to pokemon in the main series. Insanely strong, I loved Ash's Heracross when I was younger and it was just a great pokemon overall. I haven't used one in ages though. :(

Can't go wrong with Bug Buzz! Never was a fan of stat moves but I guess Quiver Dance is really useful for the nice buff in competitive play. Wouldn't really recommend using it in game though. :p

Welcome! Shuckle is really funny to me but I can totally see why you'd think it's cute. I've never used Accelgor so I'm not that familiar with it. Heracross is a beast, Mega Heracross...what in the world?

Guess I'll answer the topics: I'm a big fan of Beedrill and getting a Mega Evolution made it even more amazing for me. I also like Heracross a lot because it looks cool and tears stuff up. Scizor is pretty awesome as well. As far as moves, I like Megahorn because, again, it tears stuff up, but I also like X-scissor for those who can learn it but not Megahorn. Bug Buzz is the go to Special Attack for Bug-types, which is pretty cool.

Years
Been a while since I last joined a Bug-type club, plus you can't say no to Wicked's clubs.

Name: Hikamaru
Pick two Bug-type Partner Pokémon: Leavanny and Vivillon
Reason(s) for liking Bug-types: Bug-types can perform so many different roles in a team, where some are defensive support move users while others go all-out offensive. They also tend to have some very unusual type combinations at times and a lot of cool designs as well.

I think I'll answer two topics at once since both are worth answering.

Definitely has to be that adorable butterfly Vivillon. I really love the wing pattern gimmick with this thing, and how it brings people together to try and collect all the different wing patterns. The concept of a Pokemon that changes appearance based on the regional settings of the 3DS was something very interesting but they really did it well. I do love all the patterns but the River Pattern (which is the one with the tan and blue wings that I get as my region's pattern) is the one that holds the most special place in my heart, I surely remember using one in X where he destroyed so much of the early game. He's now a proud Compound Eyes abuser who rotates regularly onto my team.

I'm with most people who said Bug Buzz and Quiver Dance as well. The former is a reliable attack for most special attacking Bug-types and I kinda love its animation as well. Quiver Dance is always a handy buffing move, and while the only stuff that uses it (barring Lilligant) are moth and butterfly-based Pokemon, it does have an impressive boost to both special stats and Speed to turn it into a destroyer, it's probably why Volcarona wrecks so much with this move.

Dedenne1

Years
Been a while since I last joined a Bug-type club, plus you can't say no to Wicked's clubs.

Reason(s) for liking Bug-types: Bug-types can perform so many different roles in a team, where some are defensive support move users while others go all-out offensive. They also tend to have some very unusual type combinations at times and a lot of cool designs as well.

Definitely has to be that adorable butterfly Vivillon. I really love the wing pattern gimmick with this thing, and how it brings people together to try and collect all the different wing patterns. The concept of a Pokemon that changes appearance based on the regional settings of the 3DS was something very interesting but they really did it well. I do love all the patterns but the River Pattern (which is the one with the tan and blue wings that I get as my region's pattern) is the one that holds the most special place in my heart, I surely remember using one in X where he destroyed so much of the early game. He's now a proud Compound Eyes abuser who rotates regularly onto my team.

I'm with most people who said Bug Buzz and Quiver Dance as well. The former is a reliable attack for most special attacking Bug-types and I kinda love its animation as well. Quiver Dance is always a handy buffing move, and while the only stuff that uses it (barring Lilligant) are moth and butterfly-based Pokemon, it does have an impressive boost to both special stats and Speed to turn it into a destroyer, it's probably why Volcarona wrecks so much with this move.
Vivillon must be a big favorite now in Gen 6! :)
Haha i guess im most people bug buzz and quiver dance are the moves on my Volcarona that win all the battles.
I must say i didnt even think of leavany even though its a cool pokemon.
Welcome! Shuckle is really funny to me but I can totally see why you'd think it's cute. I've never used Accelgor so I'm not that familiar with it. Heracross is a beast, Mega Heracross...what in the world?

Guess I'll answer the topics: I'm a big fan of Beedrill and getting a Mega Evolution made it even more amazing for me. I also like Heracross a lot because it looks cool and tears stuff up. Scizor is pretty awesome as well. As far as moves, I like Megahorn because, again, it tears stuff up, but I also like X-scissor for those who can learn it but not Megahorn. Bug Buzz is the go to Special Attack for Bug-types, which is pretty cool.
I couldn't tell u liked him haha mega horn is a great bug type physical attack and so is x scissor. I love that beedrill got a mega but in your opinion is his moveset better?

Wicked3DS

Years

Welcome! Vivillon is pretty cool, maybe I'll play through X again once I'm done with Omega Ruby and I'll give it a try. Bug Buzz is definitely the popular move here, but there's no reason for it not to be though.

Dedenne1

Years
Les make new topic maybe?
which bug types do u feel are the absolute best when it comes to competitive play and which bug types are great but need better movesets?
For me some of the best competitive wise are butterfree, Volcarona, and scizor although I don't love its mega but its still powerful. I think that if beedrilk got a new move set he'd be 10x stronger but there are ways around this. So what do u guys think?

Years
Ah yes, I tried to join the former variant of this club but it died out. Anyway...

Name: Pendraflare
Pick two Bug-type Partner Pokémon: Scolipede and Escavalier
Reason(s) for liking Bug-types: I have quite a few reasons. One of them is because they're a type that used to start out iffy and shallow but then started to turn into something awesome, like Generations I and II were pretty bad to them, but the DS era made them a lot more interesting, especially Generation V which had bugs with awesome stats. The other is that there are many with neat designs and concepts.
Answer to current topic:
Scolipede, my second favorite Pokémon ever, only behind Lapras. A colossal over 400 lbs megapede that's actually very fast? That's rad on its own, and it can learn a lot of interesting attacks, like Megahorn, Rock Slide, Earthquake, and as of B2W2, Aqua Tail and Superpower. I just never get bored using it.
I guess Megahorn. Despite its shaky accuracy, it has a neat animation and hits very hard when it works. The later generations gave it to more Pokémon, which is always cool.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Heya Pendraflare! I remember having a Scolipede in B/W. It was one of my favourite team members and I loved it to bits. <3

Which bug types do you feel are the absolute best when it comes to competitive play and which ones are great but need better movesets?

I'm not a competitive battler in any shape or form but I remember the best bug type of Gen 5 OU being Scizor? It basically fulfilled all your offensive needs with a variety of items/sets it could run. Using Technician, it could finish weak pokemon off with Bullet Punch or just get some massive STAB damage off with Bug Bite. In-game, you could pretty much run anything and it'd do well. Overall, it's a great pokemon whether its used competitively or casually. Definitely one of my top recommendations to anyone who doesn't mind the 4x fire weakness. :)

I feel like other offensive bug types such as Volcarona do pretty great as well. If you're looking for a wall/something tanky, Forretress isn't half a bad choice either. And if you feel like goofing around or having some fun, then Shuckle's a lot of fun. But it all depends - almost every pokemon can do well with the right strategy and a possibly incompetent opponent.

As for some great bug types that need better movesets, a lot of them seem to be limited to their bug STAB attacks and perhaps some poison ones as well. Beedrill is one of the first things to pop to mind. Honestly, I don't actually know the answer to that one though so if someone else were to share their input then I might have more thought on it.

Also yeahhh, Megahorn! I completely forgot about that one as well. Definitely the best physical bug attack out there. (with the exception of pokemon that have Technician)

Wicked3DS

Years
Ah yes, I tried to join the former variant of this club but it died out. Anyway...

Name: Pendraflare
Pick two Bug-type Partner Pokémon: Scolipede and Escavalier
Reason(s) for liking Bug-types: I have quite a few reasons. One of them is because they're a type that used to start out iffy and shallow but then started to turn into something awesome, like Generations I and II were pretty bad to them, but the DS era made them a lot more interesting, especially Generation V which had bugs with awesome stats. The other is that there are many with neat designs and concepts.
Answer to current topic:
Scolipede, my second favorite Pokémon ever, only behind Lapras. A colossal over 400 lbs megapede that's actually very fast? That's rad on its own, and it can learn a lot of interesting attacks, like Megahorn, Rock Slide, Earthquake, and as of B2W2, Aqua Tail and Superpower. I just never get bored using it.
I guess Megahorn. Despite its shaky accuracy, it has a neat animation and hits very hard when it works. The later generations gave it to more Pokémon, which is always cool.

Welcome! That's why I made a new one! Scolipede is pretty fantastic, I didn't use one in Black 2 because I used Leavanny instead, but I may use one at some point if I replay it (which is a BIG if). I would like to use one though so maybe I'll train one up just for fun. Megahorn is probably my favorite as well just because it wrecks stuff.

I'm not a competitive battler so I'm gonna pass on that :P but it's a good topic nevertheless

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Bug-type is my most favorite type. Sign me up!

Name: Kurobat
Pick two Bug-type Partner Pokémon: Butterfree and M-Scizor
Reason(s) for liking Bug-types: I started with Butterfree. It had a good design and it appealed to my child mind. Since then, I've always been fascinated by them and how diverse they could get.
Answer to current topic:

Which bug types do you feel are the absolute best when it comes to competitive play and which ones are great but need better movesets?

Well, for the first question, Volcarona and M-Scizor comes to mind. When I first saw Volcarona's competitive but theoretical prowess, I was pretty impressed. It had access to Quiver Dance and the right offensive movepool to back it up. M-Scizor on the other hand is just beastly. Even when it was just a Scizor, Technician Bullet Punch is something very few can handle really well.

For the next question, I think Armaldo would fit the bill. It has a nice typing but its movepool is really shallow.

What is your favorite Bug-type Pokémon? Butterfree!

What is your favorite Bug-type move? Bug Buzz!

Wicked3DS

Years
Bug-type is my most favorite type. Sign me up!

Name: Kurobat
Pick two Bug-type Partner Pokémon: Butterfree and M-Scizor
Reason(s) for liking Bug-types: I started with Butterfree. It had a good design and it appealed to my child mind. Since then, I've always been fascinated by them and how diverse they could get.
Answer to current topic:

Well, for the first question, Volcarona and M-Scizor comes to mind. When I first saw Volcarona's competitive but theoretical prowess, I was pretty impressed. It had access to Quiver Dance and the right offensive movepool to back it up. M-Scizor on the other hand is just beastly. Even when it was just a Scizor, Technician Bullet Punch is something very few can handle really well.

For the next question, I think Armaldo would fit the bill. It has a nice typing but its movepool is really shallow.

What is your favorite Bug-type Pokémon? Butterfree!

What is your favorite Bug-type move? Bug Buzz!

Welcome! Bug-types are definitely among the most diverse. I'm not the biggest fan of Mega Scizor's design, but it definitely is a beast. Butterfree is pretty cool too, I think it should get a Mega Evolution since it's kind of Beedrill's counterpart.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Welcome! Bug-types are definitely among the most diverse. I'm not the biggest fan of Mega Scizor's design, but it definitely is a beast. Butterfree is pretty cool too, I think it should get a Mega Evolution since it's kind of Beedrill's counterpart.

Well, yeah. Design-wise, none of the Mega Evolutions really loved the Bug type. Hera and Pinsir could have looked better. Beedrill lacks something else.

And yeah. I'm disappointed Butterfree didn't get one.

Wicked3DS

Years
Let's wake up the hive a bit.

Which Bug-type would you like to see get a Mega Evolution?

We mentioned Butterfree, which I think will haopen since it's basically Beedrill's counterpart. I think Mega Yanmega would be pretty cool, especially if they made it a Dragon-type and gave it Dragon Pulse. Mega Volcarona would be pretty awesome too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back