• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Explorers' Guild ☼ Mystery Dungeon Club

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023

Hello and welcome to PC's one and only Mystery Dungeon Club! Here, we will discuss all aspects about this wonderful spin-off series, in which you transform into a Pokémon, form a Team with others, and go on missions to save the world. Hooray!

UDdzCTd.png
    Guild Regulations:
    1. Follow all PC and Pokémon Clubs rules.
    2. Be nice and respectful towards other members.
    3. When joining, you may choose any non-evolved, non-Legendary Pokémon to represent you.
    4. You will start at level 1, and gain a level for every post you make in this club, so work hard to evolve your Pokémon!
    (Evolutions that work with anything other than leveling will be allowed from 20 posts on.)
    5. From 40 posts on, you will be able to add another member to your team. This can be any Pokémon, also evolved ones, and your team will be listed separate from the individual members.
    6. If you think you have enough posts to evolve or add a team member, please notify me and I'll check and get right on it.
    7. Please try to stay active and on-topic. That doesn't mean you can't reply to other's posts, though! Discussion is promoted!
    8. Smiles go for miles! Have fun!

Member Registration:
    Username: ________________________________ Nagi (Owner) _______________________ Gligar (Co-Owner)
    Pokémon Species: __________________________ Espurr ____________________________ Gligar
    Team Name: ______________________________ Team ACE _________________________ Team Leftovers
    Answer the current topic!

Guild Members:
    espurr.gif
    gligar.gif
    swablu.gif
    poochyena.gif
    emolga.gif
    zorua.gif
    _
    bulbasaur.gif
    gastly.gif
    mudkip.gif
    eevee.gif

totodile.gif
    scraggy.gif
    riolu.gif
    _
    chikorita.gif
    zigzagoon.gif
    magikarp.gif
    turtwig.gif
    minccino.gif
    castform.gif
    oshawott.gif
    squirtle.gif
    riolu.gif

bulbasaur.gif
    _
    cyndaquil.gif
    torchic.gif
    solosis.gif
    budew.gif
    togepi.gif
    bagon.gif
    _
    cyndaquil.gif

Topics:
    • Which (new or returning) features are you most excited to see in Super Mystery Dungeon?
    • What is your favourite/least favourite type of Mission?
    • What features do you want to see reappearing in the new game, which rather not? Any ideas of possible improvements that may be made?
    • How did the Pokémon inhabiting the land know about humans, if you can't find humans anywhere in the game?
    • Have you seen any of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon anime specials? What did you think of them?
    • If you could meet any of the PMD characters, who would you meet and what would you say/ask?
    • What are some moves that you found most useful or surprising in the Mystery Dungeon games?
    • The PMD games introduced the new mechanic of linking moves. Did you use this feature a lot? Why (not)?
    • Who is your favourite Villain in the Mystery Dungeon series?
    • What is your favourite Dungeon in all of the games, and why?
    • Do you always choose the same Pokémon as Main and Partner? Which Pokémon are they, and why? Does it differ between games?
    • What is your favourite Mystery Dungeon game?
    CSS credit to Sheep; Image credit to respective artists!

Last edited:

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • Well, as I'm the Co-Owner, I still feel like answering the question given. If I had to choose my favourite mystery dungeon game, that'd be Gates to Infinity. It's the game which really got me into the Mystery Dungeon games, and not to forget, the all mighty feature that is called 3D.

I really liked Gates to Infinity because of its design, and because of the 3D features. The pokemon I use the most is Trubbish. Yep, you read it correctly, it's Trubbish. I really dunno why I loved it so much, maybe it was because it looked so derpy.

Years
  • Hiya!

Username: Lisia
    Pokémon Species: Swablu
    Team Name: Team Blue Skies

What is your favourite Mystery Dungeon game?
    My favorite is my first and only (so far) Mystery Dungeon game... Explorers of Sky! I love the selection of Pokemon you could have for your character and partner, the music, the cute and quirky characters, the good ol' pixel art, and all that other good stuff. I remember my first playthrough like it was yesterday... I was a Skitty and my partner was a Piplup.
    tumblr_m0myqi1VgT1qcfn0j.gif
    tumblr_m9pdbpGWWe1qid2nw.gif

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Hiya!

Username: Lisia
    Pokémon Species: Swablu
    Team Name: Team Blue Skies

My favorite is my first and only (so far) Mystery Dungeon game... Explorers of Sky! I love the selection of Pokemon you could have for your character and partner, the music, the cute and quirky characters, the good ol' pixel art, and all that other good stuff. I remember my first playthrough like it was yesterday... I was a Skitty and my partner was a Piplup.
    tumblr_m0myqi1VgT1qcfn0j.gif
    tumblr_m9pdbpGWWe1qid2nw.gif

hey, Lisia! it's great to see you here (^ᴗ^) welcome to the Explorers' Guild!
    i agree, Explorers of Sky is also my favourite Mystery Dungeon game. it had a great story, and i loved the large selection of Pokémon you could play as. it also improved on several things that Rescue Team could have maybe done better. still, i have to say that if you enjoyed Sky, i definitely recommend to give Rescue Team a try, too!
    what did you like most about the game? and did you ever play it again after your first playthrough? c:

Years
  • Finally! :D

I want to join this, but I cant choose a Pokemon lmao. I honestly cant. I noticed you're creating team names. Maybe we could add a new team member after 40th post or something like that?

Anyway,

My application:

Username: Sven
    Team name: Guardians
    Pokemon species: I have no freakin idea! Poochyena? Eevee? Gastly...I dont know...I'll pick later.

My favorite game...Honestly...I am not sure. One thing I loved more about Red rescue team is a story. It was more emotional and made a bit more sense. But Wigglytuff's base is such a perfect place. It has everything one could want. And the story was just a bit under the Red rescue team's. I'll go with Pokemon Explorers of Darkness for now. I am going to start a new EO Sky run and it'll probably become my favorite then. Till then, it's Darkness. I could write a book why those games were perfect so I'll leave it at this. :D

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • Finally! :D

I want to join this, but I cant choose a Pokemon lmao. I honestly cant. I noticed you're creating team names. Maybe we could add a new team member after 40th post or something like that?

Anyway,

My application:

Username: Sven
    Team name: Guardians
    Pokemon species: I have no freakin idea! Poochyena? Eevee? Gastly...I dont know...I'll pick later.

My favorite game...Honestly...I am not sure. One thing I loved more about Red rescue team is a story. It was more emotional and made a bit more sense. But Wigglytuff's base is such a perfect place. It has everything one could want. And the story was just a bit under the Red rescue team's. I'll go with Pokemon Explorers of Darkness for now. I am going to start a new EO Sky run and it'll probably become my favorite then. Till then, it's Darkness. I could write a book why those games were perfect so I'll leave it at this. :D

Hey there man! Welcome to the club! You can start posting from now on, even if your name isn't on the main post. I'll make sure to contact the owner and tell her to put you on the post. Anyways, welcome!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Finally its about time!
    Username:Dedenne
    Pokemon Species: Emolga
    Team Name: Thunder Skies (thunder wind sounds bad haha)
    Fav Game: the first i played won me over Gates of infinity kinda bored me and idk red and blues storyline never made me crazy Explorers of time will always do it for me there was so many side stories and such and a lot of not so side stories that tied in to a big big picture which i loved also love primal dialga hehe!

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • Finally its about time!
    Username:Dedenne
    Pokemon Species: Emolga
    Team Name: Thunder Skies (thunder wind sounds bad haha)
    Fav Game: the first i played won me over Gates of infinity kinda bored me and idk red and blues storyline never made me crazy Explorers of time will always do it for me there was so many side stories and such and a lot of not so side stories that tied in to a big big picture which i loved also love primal dialga hehe!

Hey there Dedenne! As I did with the previous member, I'll be sure to contact the owner so you can be added. You can start discussing! :)

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023

that's a good idea! i may implement that. still, i think everyone's a long way from reaching 40 posts for the time being, haha.
    i gave you Poochyena for now, but i can change it any time if you want to change, ok? of course it'll keep the same level. c: that goes for everyone, by the way!

so, welcome, Sven and Dedenne! (i'm surprised you didn't pick Dedenne, haha).
    i've noticed you both mention the story as your main reason for picking your favourites. i definitely think the storyline is one of the things that make the Mystery Dungeon series so great. still it's funny that you picked different games based on the same criterium!
    what was the most memorable part of the story for you? put it in spoiler tags just to be sure (。 >艸<)

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Oooh, mystery dungeon club! Also mimi why did you steal my DofE team name I'm going to kill you

Username: Foxrally
    Pokémon Species: Zorua
    Team Name: Rekkage Team of MLG

My favorite game is definitely explorers of Sky. I haven't completed it yet due to my game card becoming corrupted (still have the save file somehwhere though), but the game was real feels trip for me. I named and chose my partner after my brother, and had him do the test. He ended up with Panphy (which is a really good partner BTW) and I ended up with Chimchar :D

Last edited:

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • Oooh, mystery dungeon club! Also mimi why did you steal my DofE team name I'm going to kill you

Username: Foxrally
    Pokémon Species: Zoroark
    Team Name: Rekkage Team of MLG

My favorite game is definitely explorers of Sky. I haven't completed it yet due to my game card becoming corrupted (still have the save file somehwhere though), but the game was real feels trip for me. I named and chose my partner after my brother, and had him do the test. He ended up with Panphy (which is a really good partner BTW) and I ended up with Chimchar :D

You are still not accepted. Read the rules again, and post your post, then maybe we'll consider it again. (you can't have an evolved pokemon for now)

God I love dong this to my brother. It's like he's worth nothing.

That's better! Accepted! Welcome. That's it, you don't get an extra welcome.

Last edited:
    Years
  • that's a good idea! i may implement that. still, i think everyone's a long way from reaching 40 posts for the time being, haha.
    i gave you Poochyena for now, but i can change it any time if you want to change, ok? of course it'll keep the same level. c: that goes for everyone, by the way!

i've noticed you both mention the story as your main reason for picking your favourites. i definitely think the storyline is one of the things that make the Mystery Dungeon series so great. still it's funny that you picked different games based on the same criterium!
    what was the most memorable part of the story for you? put it in spoiler tags just to be sure (。 >艸<)

Thanks! Alright, leave it at that for now. I kinda prefer Pooch over Eevee anyway x)

I didnt like one particular part in EO Darkness that made me prefer the older versions. Main character knew all along he was going to disappear and he said nothing about it. Then in the middle of that bridge he started to vanish and the other guy panicked for maybe 10 seconds and few moments later if was all "Oh I guess thats how it should be". Kinda unrealistic, at least compared to the first story. That particular part kinda bugged me and gave it the second place, story-wise.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • that's a good idea! i may implement that. still, i think everyone's a long way from reaching 40 posts for the time being, haha.

Firstly thanks for the welcome!
    Secondly i think its a good idea to allow an extra member to join your team but id only keep it up to 2 and idk howd they reach it haha. But anyways thanks again and
    Thats always a surprise that i dont pick dedenne haha. But i love Emolga! Its in my favs and such Dedenne is also stuck in my username forever haha
    Anyways spoilers.....
    Spoiler:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • *gasp* Did someone say Mystery Dungeon?! I'm in! (It's my absolute favorite thing about the entire Pokémon franchise, okay?)

Username: Revise Librarian
    Pokémon Species: Bulbasaur (I was this close to picking Sewaddle)
    Team Name: Team Xros Heart

That would definitely have to be Explorers of Sky. Not only did it have a massive amount of (engaging) content, but the plot writing was absolutely beautiful. I've already played through it about three times, and the game just never gets old. (I also love the wide variety of starters you can choose from as well!)

Aaand, despite loving the Explorers titles so much, I also adore Red Rescue Team with a passion. While it didn't have as much to offer as its successor, it still possessed the same engaging gameplay, and it'll always have a special place in my heart. Unfortunately, I have yet to play Gates to Infinity, but I'll try to fix that eventually!

(I would also like to point out that my avatar is from Red & Blue Rescue Team, haha.)

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    I didnt like one particular part in EO Darkness that made me prefer the older versions. Main character knew all along he was going to disappear and he said nothing about it. Then in the middle of that bridge he started to vanish and the other guy panicked for maybe 10 seconds and few moments later if was all "Oh I guess thats how it should be". Kinda unrealistic, at least compared to the first story. That particular part kinda bugged me and gave it the second place, story-wise.

aah, i definitely know what you mean c: i also think the first story was maybe a bit more 'realistic'... as far as that's possible given the setting. and i thought it was a bit more endearing as well. while the story in Explorers was a lot more full of suspense and twists and wow! i think that way it also made more of an impression on most players. but i'm currently replaying Red Rescue Team (to restore my old team to its former glory!) and i have to say i'm touched by the little moments every single time (。 >艸<)
    i'm also going to add the second-team member rule to the main post, now that i've had a little time to think about it, haha. thanks again for the suggestion!

Thats always a surprise that i dont pick dedenne haha. But i love Emolga! Its in my favs and such Dedenne is also stuck in my username forever haha
    Spoiler:

of course, emolga is adorable as well! c: if you ever get the urge to switch, please don't hesitate to let me know. in response to your spoilered mentions...
    Spoiler:

Everything you said

welcome, Revise Librarian! i think i've seen you around before, and your Rescue Team avatar always stood out to me indeed c: it's great to have such a dedicated Mystery Dungeon fan on board. i also haven't played Gates to Infinity yet, but i plan on changing that soon as well! for the time being, what was your favourite feature in Explorers?

also everyone, don't hesitate to reply to each other's posts either, ok? if anything catches your eye, don't be shy! c:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • welcome, Revise Librarian! i think i've seen you around before, and your Rescue Team avatar always stood out to me indeed c: it's great to have such a dedicated Mystery Dungeon fan on board. i also haven't played Gates to Infinity yet, but i plan on changing that soon as well! for the time being, what was your favourite feature in Explorers?

also everyone, don't hesitate to reply to each other's posts either, ok? if anything catches your eye, don't be shy! c:

Thanks! =D This is actually the first Pokémon club that I've ever joined, so I apologize in advance if I make any weird mistakes. xD

Hmm... tough one. I'm not exactly sure if this counts as an actual "feature," but I definitely like the gameplay mechanics above the rest! As for features exclusive to the Explorers titles, I really like how you can recruit any Pokémon right off the bat without Friend Areas. Oh, and I can't forget the super giant Treasure Bags later in the game! (Gotta love those, haha.)

Years
  • aah, i definitely know what you mean c: i also think the first story was maybe a bit more 'realistic'... as far as that's possible given the setting. and i thought it was a bit more endearing as well. while the story in Explorers was a lot more full of suspense and twists and wow! i think that way it also made more of an impression on most players. but i'm currently replaying Red Rescue Team (to restore my old team to its former glory!) and i have to say i'm touched by the little moments every single time (。 >艸<)
    i'm also going to add the second-team member rule to the main post, now that i've had a little time to think about it, haha. thanks again for the suggestion!

I'm glad you like my suggestion! :D

I think that the main factor about the Darkness/Time/Sky is, the bonds you make, and about that Guild. I still remember walking around that Guild, reading diaries, having that freaking awesome dinners. All the characters were all soooo amazingly built in details. The family surroundings really made the game awesome. The only reason why I stopped playing Darkness cos I finally got Sky and want it to be as fresh as possible. But once Im finish it...I'll keep going back to it and I'll basically never "finish" it! On the other hand, I dont "finish" any Pokemon game, I love going back to all of them.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • I'm glad you like my suggestion! :D

I think that the main factor about the Darkness/Time/Sky is, the bonds you make, and about that Guild. I still remember walking around that Guild, reading diaries, having that freaking awesome dinners..

This sentence is all I ever did most of the time in Sky.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I'm glad you like my suggestion! :D

I think that the main factor about the Darkness/Time/Sky is, the bonds you make, and about that Guild. I still remember walking around that Guild, reading diaries, having that freaking awesome dinners. All the characters were all soooo amazingly built in details. The family surroundings really made the game awesome. The only reason why I stopped playing Darkness cos I finally got Sky and want it to be as fresh as possible. But once Im finish it...I'll keep going back to it and I'll basically never "finish" it! On the other hand, I dont "finish" any Pokemon game, I love going back to all of them.

Did you guys ever complete the other guild members' stories? The only one I finished was sunflora's, and it was accidentally too since I thought it was compulsory.

My cousin played Bidoof's story though. I cri evrytim :'(

Years
  • Did you guys ever complete the other guild members' stories? The only one I finished was sunflora's, and it was accidentally too since I thought it was compulsory.

My cousin played Bidoof's story though. I cri evrytim :'(

No, Darkness didnt have that. I'll do it on Sky, please no spoilers D:

Back