• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokénchi Reveals Nothing New about Pokémon Sun and Moon

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Not 100% true.

There will be more than 10 pokemon, Masuda said that jokingly. I think that was confirming that there is more pokemon than Kalos had.
No answer was given when asked if there was new Megas. I am thinking this confirms there are new megas.
Pikachu will be in it, confirming 100%, old pokemon will be returning, even though that was obvious from the 1 screen shot. This also gives hope for a Mega Raichu.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Eh...Silence isn't confirmation. There could be no new Megas at all and that could be why he didn't answer. Saying outright that there weren't any new Megas would be kinda spoilery and to some, a very big let down.

I mean if you can mention Pikachu is in the game (assuming this isn't a joke), then they could answer if there were new Megas as that wouldn't spoil as much as well as opens the floor to more speculation.

At the same time, it's not dismissal as he may not be allowed to say just yet.

Likewise, Pikachu being in there doesn't confirm other older Pokemon may get in. Pikachu is the mascot and pretty much can be used any way they want. This also doesn't mean that he's catchable or used in battle. Pikachu can appear as a statue, on an in game advertisement, or any other way with NPC usage.

In essence, the title for this thread is correct, we really didn't get anything that resembles news other than the more than 10 joke. Everything else we're told is up to interpretation and I will point out that because of interpretation many people were expecting brand new footage today, which we did not get.

We are still basically at the same point as we were when they announced Sun and Moon. We can only hope that CoroCoro gives us more, but realistically, we shouldn't expect anything large just yet.

Years
tumblr_niago4SAVB1rxf6yzo1_250.gif

Years
Serebii Joe's concern must have proven that they were trolling us all along. CoroCoro, you're our last hope before the month is out, because we want new info!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Anyone saw Masuda's tweet in regards to the lack of gameplay footage?

6c8.png

Source: https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/716421607464390657

I believe this shows that there was a misunderstanding between GF and the fans.

There always is. Everytime the fanbase expects something and doesn't get it, it's because they read a post wrong or we had bad translators. Usually its a mixture of the two, but a lot of the time when the fans get rabid it's because we interpreted what was said wrong.

Years
According to the native Japanese speakers I follow there was never a mention of gameplay or brand new footage, all that was stated was that it was Sun and Moon's 'first time discussed on TV.' I found out a little too late though, good thing I wasn't deathly excited to begin with. ;( Not long left until the next CoroCoro issue to give people the information they've been craving!

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Can we make this a thread of obvious headlines now?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Eh...Silence isn't confirmation. There could be no new Megas at all and that could be why he didn't answer. Saying outright that there weren't any new Megas would be kinda spoilery and to some, a very big let down.

I mean if you can mention Pikachu is in the game (assuming this isn't a joke), then they could answer if there were new Megas as that wouldn't spoil as much as well as opens the floor to more speculation.

Likewise, Pikachu being in there doesn't confirm other older Pokemon may get in. Pikachu is the mascot and pretty much can be used any way they want. This also doesn't mean that he's catchable or used in battle. Pikachu can appear as a statue, on an in game advertisement, or any other way with NPC usage.

In essence, the title for this thread is correct, we really didn't get anything that resembles news other than the more than 10 joke. Everything else we're told is up to interpretation and I will point out that because of interpretation many people were expecting brand new footage today, which we did not get.

We are still basically at the same point as we were when they announced Sun and Moon. We can only hope that CoroCoro gives us more, but realistically, we shouldn't expect anything large just yet.

Assuming that they don't give us the same info in Corocoro that the original trailer and Pokenchi have given us...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

I said possible confirmation. it would be easier just to get it out of the way and say there is no Megas than stay silent. If he said yes, more question would pop up. If he said no. Nothing else would come up. Usually when someone stays silent, they don't want to open up more questions. It is going to be a large let down regardless if he says no or not that there is no megas. And it isn't just some, it is a large amount of the fan base now.

Pikachu confirms 100% other pokemon are in the region, regardless of what you may think. Why just put Pika in the games? Even in UNova, when BW2 came out, a lot of pokemon were added. Pikachu wasn't one of them. So why just add Pikachu without others when they add others without Pikachu?

The footage thing was told wrong. it was said we would get game footage from sources. That is why people thought we would get more. Not because we assumed it. It was told to us, but the source was wrong.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Pikachu confirms 100% other pokemon are in the region, regardless of what you may think. Why just put Pika in the games? Even in UNova, when BW2 came out, a lot of pokemon were added. Pikachu wasn't one of them. So why just add Pikachu without others when they add others without Pikachu?

No actually it doesn't. Pikachu is the mascot of the series and has gotten special treatment before. Even saying he's in the game doesn't mean that he's catchable in the game. Munchlax is in XD and not catchable. It was there for promotional purposes. Just saying it's in the game doesn't mean that there will be Pokemon from other games. We could get an entire new Pokedex like BW and just Pikachu because its the face of Pokemon. It's dumb, but it can be done. At the same time, Pikachu can appear but not as a Pokemon. Billboard, statue, costumes, etc. Pikachu can appear on one of them and that is still means Pikachu is in the games.

The footage thing was told wrong. it was said we would get game footage from sources. That is why people thought we would get more. Not because we assumed it. It was told to us, but the source was wrong.

A few people have posted that the Japanese fans have made mention that they never said there'd be new footage. It was never said we'd get game footage from any official source. All other sources were playing off one another and one translator and misread what was said when passing the news. Exactly as your interpretation on Pikachu. They aren't saying what you are say they are saying, but you personally see it this way. If they don't appear then you'd start arguing that they said that the older Pokemon would be there despite not actually saying this.

Interpretation of what was given to us was what got everyone's hopes up, but they never said what we were expecting. All info is given at face value with this. As some have pointed out that we were told what this week's Pokenchi was going to have. Even Matsuda was confused as to why fans thought they were getting more. Without them specifically stating certain things, they are not 100% confirmation. It's all speculated and nothing more than pure speculation.

As much as I personally doubt this, they could always go back and pull another B/W and give us just new Pokemon to catch, Pikachu makes an appearance non-catchable, and we'd be able to port over older Pokemon into the games through Bank if we wanted.

There is also, no older Pokemon until Post game as traditional catching has been the last few generations then Pikachu could be available then. There are potentially hundreds of ways to interpret how they can put in older Pokemon if they put them in at all. However, saying that Pikachu will be in the game alone does not make this a 100% fact. Them stating that we can catch Older Pokemon in these games is the only way that this can be 100% confirmation. Everything else is the same interpretation error that we just went through with Pokenchi. All info is face value. If they say Pikachu is in the game, then so far, that is the only older Pokemon in the game. Catchable or not. Until others are shown to also be in the game, anything saying they are from non-official sources is nothing but pure speculation. Not confirmation. This is true for Horsea as well since that one has been seen on a statue. We don't know if the actual Pokemon is going to be catchable, but for the sake of this Horsea is in the game semantically. We don't know how they'll use Pikachu in this. Only ones I would say could be, and please let me stress the word could, are those that were in the concept art. I believe Wobbuffett, Machoke, and Blastoise(?). Oh and Furfrou. Concept art is as much speculation as hearsay at this point, but this is more substantial than "Because Pikachu is in the game". We at least have an official look at artwork made specifically for the game containing these Pokemon.

Even with this, none but Pikachu and maybe Horsea is confirmed in some manner of appearing in the game. We'll not get any "100% confirmation" until we see them there.

Last edited:
Years
At this point in time, I actually believe that is what we are going to get.

If that seems to be the case then we'll have to wait until the middle of May before we get actual new information. Kinda reminds me how long it took after OR/AS's announcement before we had new information shared.

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2019
Apparently not but it's a Japanese children's TV show, so it's not supposed to be a thing most people are watching at all. Someone got their wires crossed somewhere and everyone built up unreasonable expectations.

Back