Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]

Age 29
New Jersey
Seen April 17th, 2020
Posted July 25th, 2018
2,441 posts
10.1 Years
So when you break down the name "Solgaleo" I see 2 things. 1) Leo, 2) Galeo. This makes it obvious, that if these are indeed the names of the mascots, that the mascot of Sun will be based off a lion. "Galeo" looks like "Galileo" which makes me think this generations theme will be heavily influenced by astrology and astronomy! Now I'm even more excited!

I'm hoping that "Lunaala" is a sheep/ram/goat based on Aries or Capricorn, even though it's Cancer that the Moon rules over.
Mod of Trade Corner| Pair | Trainer Information

When kings upon the main have clung to pride
And held themselves as masters of the sea
I've held them down beneath the crushing tide
Till they have learned that no one masters me
Female
Seen November 7th, 2016
Posted November 1st, 2016
18 posts
5.2 Years
I like these names if they turn out to be true:). Sol and Luna could be spanish, also latin, but there is something that lets me believe the names have a spanish origin.
This 'evidence' is the ala from Lunaala, which is the spanish word for wing. Moonwing seems to be a fitting race for a legendary, I'd love a winged wolf or something like that. Sure leo sounds like we'll get a lion, but galo means rooster and GF has a tradition in adding, exchanging or omiting letters. A sunrooster (not like blaziken) could be an amazing design:D imo.

Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,229 posts
10.2 Years
Looking at these names, they seem to incorporate "sol" and "luna" which are the Spanish words for sun and moon respectively. And as Keiran said, I definitely will be intrigued by this game if there's a notable presence of an astrology theme going on.

But anyways, I knew the mascots were going to be new legendaries and I am anticipating as to what these two will actually look like.
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,229 posts
10.2 Years
I wonder if that taking into account that "ala" means wing means that Lunaala might be part Flying? I could see Dark, Fairy or Water for the secondary type.
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

Runiel

I am male

Male
A Galaxy Far Far Away
Seen May 26th, 2016
Posted May 4th, 2016
88 posts
5.1 Years
If you wish to not Know the Trademarked names, then i suggest you not to Read this

Spoiler:
I have spent the past Minutes trying to Translate these words for you guys, so here is some translation that i have managed to find:

For Solgaleo (ソルガレオ)

Sol as for : The Sun, Sunlight, Sunshine, Sun Warmth (All translated from Latin)
Sola as for : Only(translated from Latin), and Alone(Translated from Spanish)
Aleo as for : Gambler (Translated from Latin)
Leo as for : Lion (Translated from Latin) or it can be the Leo Constellation.

For Lunaala (ルナアーラ)

Lun as for : Dwarf (Translated from Viatnemese)
Luna as for : Month, and Night (Both translated from Latin)
Una as for : One, By one way, in company, simultaneously, and at a time (All translated from Latin)
Unala as for : Computer (Translated from Coratian)
Lunaa as for : null (Translated from Corsican)
Naala as for : Remembered (Translated from Fillipino)
Nala as for : Us (Translated from Somali)
Ala as for : Wing, Aisle, Squadron, Armpit ( lol ), and Shoulder (All translated from Latin)

Fun Fact: "ルナアーラ" can also be Translated to 'Runaara' in English, and "ソルガレオ" can be Translated to 'Sorugareo' in English

So yeah, that includes all the Translation that I have covered, some makes sense, some is Funny, and some is even not worth Reading.
Thank you for Reading! :D

Dawn

None
Seen 7 Minutes Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
15,946 posts
6.6 Years
Hrmn...that's pretty flimsy, in my opinion. Given the carefully constructed silence surrounding all this and the source of the trademarks I wouldn't be surprised if these weren't particularly relevant. That said, a Fire Lion Legendary sounds awesome, even if I am generally against the Legendary mascot thing.

VPPGame Journal ✩ Paired with Dusk ❤ ✩

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥

Age 26
Male
Alola
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted January 31st, 2021
806 posts
10 Years
"Lunaala" already gives me some vibes of a Sheep based Pokémon... I don't know why, possibly due to the "aa" part of the name and the fact that there are only TWO Pokémon based off of Sheep and they were both part of an evolutionary line.

Though, Lunaala could also be a Unicorn based Pokémon as these sites give some pretty damning evidence that the Unicorn is related to the Moon while the Lion is related to the Sun.
Site 1: http://www.allaboutunicorns.com/lion-and-unicorn.php
Site 2: http://www.unicorn-dream.co.uk/unicorn2.html

And the Royal coat of arms of the United Kingdom (which can be seen below), sports BOTH a Lion and Unicorn.

This adds a little to the theory that Pokémon Sun and Moon's region may be based off of the U.K after all!
"Hello, I'm your hope, you're my hope, I'm J-Hope!" - J-Hope

"Music really transcends languages, and it means so much." - RM

"Go on your path, even if you live for a day." - Jimin

"Cause I'm Irish, and everyone remembers me." - Niall Horan

"Treat people with kindness." - Harry Styles

"Feel free to insult me, but you don’t have the right to insult our fans." - Louis Tomlinson

"Believe in something bigger than yourself and find your purpose." - Justin Bieber
Male
Seen April 29th, 2016
Posted April 25th, 2016
11 posts
7.2 Years
I am not sure as to where I saw it but there was reportedly a fake Corocoro leak a few days ago which showed the cover art for Sun and Moon (only shadows) and the starters.

Interesting thing is that the shadow under the Sun box was similar to that of a Lion and for the Moon one was that of a mythical bird. Now if I am to believe all the hype right now about their naming then I would bet that leak actually gives the silhouette of the 2 legendaries.

I may be miserably wrong here though. I believe TyranitarTube made a video on it too if I am not wrong here.

Rivvon

Age 28
Female
USA
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
2,751 posts
14.1 Years
I've got to side with the people speculating Solgaleo may be a full-blown manticore; I would love a manticore Pokémon!

I like the idea that Lunala could be a sheep or ram; it would be neat to have a lion/manticore and sheep/ram duo.

A Dream of Your Own: The Formulas of Unova—Black & White
Introduction | Part I: The Components of Unova

Lunar

Age 22
Male
England
Seen September 16th, 2020
Posted September 15th, 2020
Everything's pointing towards a winged beast for the Moon legendary, the Pegasus idea mentioned by Michelaar would be amazing and I think the wolf, unicorn suggestions would be cool too. It has to be something abstract and different cause a flying dragon-type thing would be too similar to Lugia so I think these ideas are realistic as well.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Age 26
Male
Oregon
Seen September 24th, 2018
Posted July 3rd, 2018
17,521 posts
11.1 Years
Yeah, first thing I thought when I saw Lunaala was moon-wing, and Solgaleo I thought of spanish for sun mixed with gale and containg leo. I can see them being based on a pegasus and a griffin (wind=flying most of the time in Pokémon, and a flying lion is basically a griffin.)
I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun

Age 26
Male
Oregon
Posted July 3rd, 2018
17,521 posts
11.1 Years
Neat!

We definitely won't have long to wait either, the next issue of CoroCoro is most likely gonna reveal these. Can't wait. 8)
Funny thing is the trademarks are 2 months old. I wonder if the might be more...
I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
Male
Seen January 26th, 2020
Posted September 30th, 2019
197 posts
5.7 Years
Funny thing is the trademarks are 2 months old. I wonder if the might be more...
People are speculating that these ones might also be Pokemon trademarks since they're the same format.

https://twitter.com/trademark_bot/status/721918697921777664
https://twitter.com/trademark_bot/status/721919191599685634
https://twitter.com/trademark_bot/status/714157573516222469
https://twitter.com/trademark_bot/status/719067912200417280

Age 26
Male
Oregon
Posted July 3rd, 2018
17,521 posts
11.1 Years
The romanji on some of those seem off. Yabb should be Yabii. As for the choopu in front of Rshadow is odd...I have never seen that done. Usually it's used to make the sound long, but it's at the end of the character like in the case of the bi in Yabii. If they wanted an R sound I imagine they'll used 'ra' (if the way I'm thinking Rshadow is correct). I also doubt it's the similar looking Kanji for 'ichi' one, as Kanji isn't used for Pokemon names, plus the kanji for one doesn't have a reading of 'r' (that I'm aware of)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu

Age 28
Male
California
Seen February 16th, 2021
Posted May 16th, 2019
9,528 posts
8.5 Years
Those one's that people think are for the starters, are interesting. They line up with the leaks awhile back from 2ch. The legends sound cool as well. I'm thinking sun lion, moon bat or dark winged creature.
You mean the one with the grass owl, fire rabbit, and whatever heck that water starter is?

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.

Age 31
Female
United States
Seen December 10th, 2017
Posted December 10th, 2017
1,011 posts
5.7 Years
Talk about a mood swing in the Land of Nerd-dom; reeling from last night's Agents of SHIELD episode and I log on to discover this happening.{XD}

Even though these trademarks were first discovered 2 months ago, I feel like we're getting closer to hearing something sooner about the boxart Legendaries before CoroCoro comes out next month. Even though the companies typically associated with Pokemon aren't the source for this, it may be worth something because otherwise I don't think Joe Serebii wouldn't have posted it... even weirder that he waited two months to post about it. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought of the possible lion reference. I think even a Fire/Fairy lion would be awesome.

Spinosaurus

Seen May 27th, 2019
Posted June 7th, 2018
4,569 posts
12.1 Years
Lion would be so, so boring and obvious. Game Freak is more creative than this.

In Spanish, Gáleo is a type of shark, so you know what would be better than some boring fire lion?

LAVA SHARK

Also Sun Sharks are technically real :) Look up basking shark, a popular name for it is "Sun Fish".

Esper

California
Seen June 30th, 2018
Posted June 30th, 2018
The romanji on some of those seem off. Yabb should be Yabii. As for the choopu in front of Rshadow is odd...I have never seen that done. Usually it's used to make the sound long, but it's at the end of the character like in the case of the bi in Yabii. If they wanted an R sound I imagine they'll used 'ra' (if the way I'm thinking Rshadow is correct). I also doubt it's the similar looking Kanji for 'ichi' one, as Kanji isn't used for Pokemon names, plus the kanji for one doesn't have a reading of 'r' (that I'm aware of)
Not really off. A long "a" sound is commonly used for an "ar" sound. Like, for instance, Mario Kart which in Japanese is マリオカート or MARIO KAATO.

I'll agree that NYABBY doesn't follow the typical pattern. A completely straight transliteration of ニャビー would normally be NYABII, but the way they translate the names ソルガレオ and ルナアーラ as "Solgaleo" and "Lunaala" is also nonstandard since they would normally be written as SORUGAREO and RUNAAARA (yes, three A's). But if we assume that the names are based on some non-Japanese word, for instance "tabby", then it makes sense that when it is translated back it would use a non-standard spelling.