Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,229 posts
10.3 Years
Spoiler:

Figured this new Pokemon reveal deserves a thread.

So, it was only yesterday we were given four new Pokemon (and two Alola Forms) in CoroCoro but it appears another discovery has been made in the new issue, and as shown in the page above there has apparently been another new Pokemon revealed, called Namakobushi.

According to Serebii, Namakobushi is said to be able to send its insides out of its mouth and use them as a fist. Not much else is currently known about this Pokemon, but given a recent Chinese leak (which has been very credible as of recent) mentioned a possible sea cucumber Pokemon, it's likely that Namakobushi adds further credibility to the leak.

Here's a close-up if you want a better look:
Spoiler:

Anyways, what do you think of Namakobushi? What type or abilities do you think it will have?

Modedit: Daily article link about this Pokemon is here!

Hika Edit: English name is Pyukumuku - it's also pure Water-type with the new ability called Innards Out
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,229 posts
10.3 Years
I agree with Log, it does seem to have characteristics of a bunny, especially the tail.

That said, I love this Pokemon and for being our predicted sea cucumber Pokemon it's very adorable. I am hoping this thing gets a good evolution or ability, and the bio mentioning it attacks by sending its insides out of its month is also something sea cucumbers tend to do in real life so it's kinda cool I guess.

The main problem is that I would have considered using this little guy as my Water-type if I wasn't Team Popplio. That won't stop me from rotating my team members though.

Age 30
Male
Seen November 20th, 2019
Posted October 27th, 2019
2,333 posts
13.1 Years
The main problem is that I would have considered using this little guy as my Water-type if I wasn't Team Popplio. That won't stop me from rotating my team members though.
I have a feeling this Pokemon could end up like Stunfisk. In that it lives in water but isn't actually a water type.

Somehow I'm not really getting water type vibes from this guy.
Looking for X & Y friends, friend code is: 2964-8571-0102
Send me a pm if you add me.

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
5,153 posts
11.1 Years
As for the type, I think it will be Rock/Fighting or Ground/Fighting. I have no reason to think it will be Rock or Ground, other than it spends a lot of time on the floor of the ocean around rocks. And going out on a very tinfoil hat limb, it could also be Fairy/Fighting due to the rabbit tail.

Also I am sure it may have at least 1 evolution as well.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3

Male
Lisboa, Portugal
Seen January 9th, 2021
Posted October 24th, 2019
1,707 posts
6.5 Years
It looks pretty cute. I'm feeling some water-type vibes from him, but it could be Fighting as well, since, as IcyIce said, Bushi refers to a type of warrior class.
-WORK IN PROGRESS-
Btw, the artwork on my avatar is from an artist called OMOCAT, you should check her out ;)

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
5,153 posts
11.1 Years
Can I just say that I'm actually far more interested in what this thing evolves into? Haha, I can't help myself but imagine... @[email protected];
If it evolved, it could become longer and grow rabbit ears or the hair or whatever it is on its back could grow to become more flowing. This could lead it to also possibly being Fairy/Fighting.

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,059 posts
13.4 Years
Whut? I'm more interested how this kinda resonates with the Chinese leak which is confusing considering how yesterday it was debunked. I guess a Sea Cucumber could be predictable given the nature of Alola buuuut idk. Anyway, it's quite cute but I'd like to learn more about it first before making a proper decision on it.

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 24
he/him
Milaturia.
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 15 Hours Ago
6,377 posts
12.4 Years
Why does that look like Miffy.... what kind of Pokemon is that?
Theme: Yumichika Ayasegawa
Pair: Taemin

Winter

PRESS Ⓐ TO MAKE A WISH

Age 24
Female
Observatory
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted August 30th, 2020
8,271 posts
6.3 Years
Sea cucumber pokemon!! That's freaking cool and finally! I hope its signature move is like some mega vomit cannon attack rofl

Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,229 posts
10.3 Years
It is interesting that "bushi" means warrior, but I don't see it becoming a Water/Fighting-type. Based on the fact sea cucumbers use their insides as a way of combat it will probably be Water/Poison.

Log

It's your boy Guzma!

Female
On an archipelago.
Seen January 13th, 2018
Posted January 25th, 2017
223 posts
4.9 Years
As for the evolution THIS is a kind of sea cucumber that swims:

Perhaps it evolves into something like this that's fighting-fairy.
An evolution that looks something like that would be pretty interesting. A little frightening, admittedly, but interesting nonetheless.

I also like the idea of a poison/fighting type, though if this is the sea cucumber-inspired Pokemon then water certainly comes to mind first...

Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,229 posts
10.3 Years
I agree with Angie. Water/Poison seems like the possible typing for it.

As for abilities, I'm likely expecting a Poison-type related ability. The spike things on it suggest Poison Point, and sea cucumbers likely being squishy could mean Sticky Hold may be a possible ability as well.

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,059 posts
13.4 Years
Grass/Water was my initial guess but that soon changed to Water/Poison. It may even lose or gain a typing upon evolution depending on how it evolves and obviously whether it is a single or dual-typed Pokemon.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3

Male
Lisboa, Portugal
Seen January 9th, 2021
Posted October 24th, 2019
1,707 posts
6.5 Years
From what I can read in this thread, it looks like people gave 4 type suggestions: Water, Poison, Fighting, and Fairy. The most obvious for me is a Water and Poison type, but its name points to a Fighting type as well. I can't see it becoming a Fairy-type, although GF is trying to create more fairy-types, since it's kind of a recent type.

I'm also curious to know what does this thing evolve into? I can't have many ideas, but I hope it still remains similiar to a sea creature.
-WORK IN PROGRESS-
Btw, the artwork on my avatar is from an artist called OMOCAT, you should check her out ;)

Entermaid

Non-binary
The States
Seen November 6th, 2016
Posted October 27th, 2016
2,140 posts
8.4 Years
I can't wait to see this little guy evolve! Though it is a sea cucumber, it also seems to fuse the concept of "sea hare" as it is a nod to a more literal (and cute) bunny design.

Sea Hare:
Spoiler:

I am excited for the anemone evolution, it will basically look like an angora rabbit, that has spiky fluff! At least that should be what it looks like. Notice how similarly shaped both are? And how the preevolution has the same round shape?

Angora
Spoiler:

Anemone
Spoiler:

Definitely will be poison, not sure if necessarily water typing. The reason being, they are venomous! Maybe ground or rock would fit as a second typing? Ideally it will be poison/rock or poison/ground with water absorb since it is sea-dwelling. Grass typing would help resist water, but I just do not see grass/poison as the typing. Though, water/poison would make sense, it does not seem to fit its appearance or function. Lastly, it may just be poison.

Top 5 Guesses
1. Poison/Rock
2. Poison/Ground
3. Poison
4. Poison/Water
5. Poison/Grass
#Team Popplio & Brionne