one more time

Male
A cape
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
15,962 posts
12.7 Years
UPDATE: We have a trailer!

We learn more about both forms of UB-02. More news coming on the 20th September.

Click here to read the article!

Staff Anime Villain Collab - Earl de Darkwood - Interstella 5555

Daily | Drabble Dex | A Change of the Season
The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum
Paired to Sheep :>

Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,232 posts
9.6 Years
Liking the more clear artwork of the UB-02 forms there.

And wait, more news on the 20th? It seems like this is the month that's full of news dumping on us by the week.
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

Charlie Brown

coolcoolcool

Age 25
Male
Melbourne, Australia
Seen December 22nd, 2019
Posted December 22nd, 2019
4,251 posts
8.5 Years

Serebii has posted a few in-game screenshots of the Ultra Beasts as well.

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,060 posts
12.8 Years
UB-02 Beauty can outrun lightning? Damn that thing is fast!

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,060 posts
12.8 Years

It feels like we're about to have a deep plot here, ladies and gents. A VERY deep one.
Yup. It certainly looks like these Ultra Beasts will be playing a crucial role in the plot.

Charlie Brown

coolcoolcool

Age 25
Male
Melbourne, Australia
Seen December 22nd, 2019
4,251 posts
8.5 Years
holy cow:

I wonder what this is supposed to be? o_o
Looks like this is an after shot of the second screenshot you posted - appearing from a portal?

Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,232 posts
9.6 Years

It feels like we're about to have a deep plot here, ladies and gents. A VERY deep one.
Pokemon, you've gone way too epic this time.

I did notice that UB-02 Expansion and UB-02 Beauty seem to represent the notable "Power vs Speed" archtype, as shown with not just their appearance but also their bios.

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,060 posts
12.8 Years
UB-01 appears in a similar fashion descending from a portal in that Aether paradise. Perhaps they enter the world from another dimension? Now that would be deep.

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,060 posts
12.8 Years
English name of UB02 Expansion could be UB02 ABSORPTION based on HK Pokemon website.

Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,232 posts
9.6 Years
I'm curious ... Why are Ultra-Beasts attacking Tapu Koko, the island guardian? Are they trying to conquer the islands or something?
I think they are trying to take over Alola from the guardians, which definitely fits with my speculation that the Ultra Beasts do have evil intentions.

UB-01 appears in a similar fashion descending from a portal in that Aether paradise. Perhaps they enter the world from another dimension? Now that would be deep.
From the looks of it, they do seem to be coming from another dimension. I know OR/AS mentioned it taking place in a parallel universe, but another dimension entirely? Pokemon surely is getting deep indeed. Heck, even the Distortion World from Platinum screamed "alternate dimension" to me so it's like that game foreshadowed the concept even being a thing.

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,060 posts
12.8 Years
Does that mean UB-02 Beauty is faster then Light ??
How fast is lighting anyway ?
Lightning travels at 220,000 miles per hour, so not quite as fast as the speed of light. Regardless, this must mean that UB-02 Beauty has insanely high speed.

Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,232 posts
9.6 Years
English name of UB02 Expansion could be UB02 ABSORPTION based on HK Pokemon website.
BulbanewsNOW's Twitter has also posted about it: https://twitter.com/BulbaNewsNOW/status/776051090072698880

Looking at the site, it appears UB-02 Beauty is keeping its Japanese name.

Charlie Brown

coolcoolcool

Age 25
Male
Melbourne, Australia
Seen December 22nd, 2019
4,251 posts
8.5 Years
Ah so that's what that probiscus is for. Still not getting the absorption/beauty binary (if there's meant to be one) but Absorption makes more sense than Expansion imo.
Male
Seen November 13th, 2019
Posted November 15th, 2018
2,581 posts
9.3 Years
Lightning travels at 220,000 miles per hour, so not quite as fast as the speed of light. Regardless, this must mean that UB-02 Beauty has insanely high speed.
Oh , I was really excited about having something that moves faster then light on Pokemon.
So far , Only Deoxys might move fast as Or faster then light but it is just my theory.
The True Beauty of Anime

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
5,128 posts
10.5 Years
Well that was certainly disappointing. But hey, more news on the 20th.

I would almost say that the UB's are the Pale Race from the Rainbow Prophecy, but Expansion kinda takes that theory away. I still believe these games will be inspired by the Rainbow Prophecy.

It is very possible that someone in the Aether Foundation is the evil. And I think it could be the Old Man or the Happy Happy woman that I don't know her name of. I mean the old guy screams, EVIL! to me. And I don't trust the woman no one has really spoken about.

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,060 posts
12.8 Years
Well, it certainly makes for some great speculation. From a standpoint, it looks like these games are going to have a really substantial plot, hopefully, which we won't know about until actually playing the games. I'd love to discover the mystery behind the Ultra Beasts and the Aether Foundation in-game rather than beforehand.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3

Male
Lisboa, Portugal
Seen February 18th, 2020
Posted October 24th, 2019
1,707 posts
5.8 Years
I first thought Ultra Beasts were humans, like Lillie and Lusamine, but... I think my opinion changed. I think the humans are still humans, but the Ultra Beasts pose as them as well. Maybe Lusamine will start acting evil, but in reality, it's UB-02 Beauty posing as her, which makes us believe Lusamine is bad? I don't know @[email protected]
-WORK IN PROGRESS-
Btw, the artwork on my avatar is from an artist called OMOCAT, you should check her out ;)

Rivvon

Age 27
Female
USA
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
2,735 posts
13.5 Years
If UB's do come from another universe/dimension, maybe they are the alternate-universe/dimension counterparts to their "associated character." Like in the universe/dimension they hail from, there aren't humans, but UB's.

A Dream of Your Own: The Formulas of Unova—Black & White
Introduction | Part I: The Components of Unova
Male
New York
Seen April 16th, 2018
Posted November 22nd, 2017
146 posts
6.5 Years
Well that was certainly disappointing. But hey, more news on the 20th.

I would almost say that the UB's are the Pale Race from the Rainbow Prophecy, but Expansion kinda takes that theory away. I still believe these games will be inspired by the Rainbow Prophecy.

It is very possible that someone in the Aether Foundation is the evil. And I think it could be the Old Man or the Happy Happy woman that I don't know her name of. I mean the old guy screams, EVIL! to me. And I don't trust the woman no one has really spoken about.
You mean Faba and Wicke? Hmm... they could be the ones that made Type:Null. I don't know though... Wicke seems to sweet, sweet enough to love the most abomination that the Aether Foundation created. WHO KNOWS! Time will tell.
You may bask in everything about me! *Flips Hair Intensively*
Artwork/Credit: verna-c @ DeviantArt GO WATCH THIS GODDESS DRAW!!!

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
5,128 posts
10.5 Years
You mean Faba and Wicke? Hmm... they could be the ones that made Type:Null. I don't know though... Wicke seems to sweet, sweet enough to love the most abomination that the Aether Foundation created. WHO KNOWS! Time will tell.
Aye those 2. One thing I have yet to see in Pokemon I would love to see is the lower people betraying the leader for evil. So far in pokemon, we have had nothing but the evil leader with followers, but nothing for someone betraying the leader to make them look evil.