bobandbill

one more time

Male
A cape
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
15,955 posts
12.6 Years

Two more staples of the series seem to be gone! The Move Deleter has made Pokemon forget HMs permanently, and Tauros probably ran over your bike too.

Read the article here!

Staff Anime Villain Collab - Earl de Darkwood - Interstella 5555

Daily | Drabble Dex | A Change of the Season
The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum
Paired to Sheep :>

Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,232 posts
9.6 Years
I knew Poke Ride was going to replace HMs, but never expected it replacing the Bicycle as well. Guess that instead of riding the bicycle, we'll now all be riding Tauros around instead.
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.

Male
Liberty Garden
Seen April 28th, 2020
Posted April 28th, 2020
9,312 posts
7.8 Years
At least some of well-received HMs like Surf is still there even though in form of TMs, and I didn't expected that Poké Ride is there as the replacement of Bike (and HMs as well)... but then, I think it's fun riding on Pokémon for real after testing one in the Demo :) And another plus side is that I don't have to put some HM on my Pokémon in order to advance in the game, so that it gives more room for my Pokémon team rosters.

Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,232 posts
9.6 Years
I realized that with HMs gone, Alola might not even have a Move Deleter anymore since Poke Ride killed off his main purpose. Move Relearners will still be here to stay though.

Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,232 posts
9.6 Years
Will miss them. Surf was fun when it was up.
Surf, Fly and Waterfall are going to be renumbered as TMs, so you're not losing it completely.

Zacian

刀劍 のザシアン.

Age 28
Male
Galar
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted August 24th, 2020
1,415 posts
11.1 Years
HMs need to be ridded of since a long time ago, I am glad!

Not going to be entirely comfortable about not being able to get on a bike now, but at least there is a Tauros for riding!
"We draw the sword with a clean conscience and with clean hands.."

tokyodrift

Age 26
Female
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
4,064 posts
9.3 Years
It's been a long time coming for HMs and they have been getting more and more of a nusiance. I'm glad they're keeping a few of the staple ones as they are pretty good in-game wise. I can see the reason for no bikes though. The region is smaller and since the default animation is now running they probably didn't see a need to include it.

Rivvon

Age 27
Female
USA
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
2,735 posts
13.5 Years
It's been a long time coming for HMs and they have been getting more and more of a nusiance. I'm glad they're keeping a few of the staple ones as they are pretty good in-game wise. I can see the reason for no bikes though. The region is smaller and since the default animation is now running they probably didn't see a need to include it.
The default movement speed is walking, not running. The person who claimed that (Ash from Gamexplain) just recently admitted he made a mistake in saying that, and that the walking animation is not fast enough to warrant not running. Time to prep our B buttons.

A Dream of Your Own: The Formulas of Unova—Black & White
Introduction | Part I: The Components of Unova

bobandbill

one more time

Male
A cape
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
15,955 posts
12.6 Years
Not suprised about HMs, But am about the bikes.
Also, what if registering items is gone too? Y seems to be repurposed
D-pad serves that purpose now, going by the Demo. It can be also used for quick selection of Riding Pokemon. Explains why we can't move with the D-pad.

Staff Anime Villain Collab - Earl de Darkwood - Interstella 5555

Daily | Drabble Dex | A Change of the Season
The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum
Paired to Sheep :>

Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,232 posts
9.6 Years
The Y button no longer registers Key Items? Damn, this generation has been changing things way too drastically but I hope that button gets a new purpose.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool

Male
Seen May 25th, 2020
Posted June 12th, 2019
992 posts
9.1 Years
HM's are finally gone! FINALLY GONE!!!
After all these years of destroying move pools and taking up my sixth party slot, they have finally been put to rest!
Ding dong the HM's are dead! The HM's are dead! *Does a small dance to "Wizard of Oz music"
Masters of Hoenn

"Somewhere off in a distant world, an island exists, where the ocean only meets the sand, where the weather is always warm. An adventure begins, traveling from the vast lands into the deep seas, chasing into the heart of the tropics, where the plants are vibrant and the beasts are fantastic. We will find each other there, chasing the fleeting dreams of a land full of beauty and potential."

Nah

Age 28
Female
Seen 18 Minutes Ago
Posted 42 Minutes Ago
14,368 posts
6.9 Years
really I thought that they might not actually remove HMs just because people have been complaining about them for eons, y'know, just to screw with us

So this'll be great provided the Pokemon riding feature is a good replacement.

Don't miss the bike either, I only ever really bother to use it when breeding, and if we get a replacement for it I'm good.
Nah ンン
“Candy, or death. I can choose for you, if you'd prefer."

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
5,128 posts
10.5 Years
I would have missed the bike, but since we can ride Tauros everywhere, there is no need for it really. So I am not disappointed.

Originally I didn't think they would get rid of bikes. However, that was before I knew we could ride a Tauros everywhere.

I am disappointed that Strength is gone. It was one of the best Normal Type Attacks.

I just wish we didn't have to wear that crappy outfit during wild encounters.

Crizzle

Legend

Age 25
Male
USA
Seen August 28th, 2020
Posted April 11th, 2020
946 posts
5.5 Years
Will you still be able to fly or surf with your Pokemon(with the TMs) like in previous games or is there some replacement for that as well?
I still like the idea of using my own Pokemon for transportation.
Pokemon Savage Silver
Check out the crappy hacks that I made:

Credit to Corazon(or whatever he calls himself now) for banner.
Pokemon CAWPS
Pokemon Outlaw

machomuu

Lilybilly

Female
Take a left, turn right at the next stop, bear left for a few mil
Online now
Posted 1 Week Ago
10,449 posts
12.5 Years
As was actually pretty annoyed when I saw this in the headline, if only because I've been dodging info about the games and so far the headlines had been pretty vague about things.

But that's completely beaten by them getting rid of HMs, the biggest anti-fun mechanic in the series. I swear, S&M are getting better by the day. Really contending for the best entries in the series at this point.
Lize stands for:
L - Love
I - Of
Z - My
E - Life
Eternally bound, eternally paired, eternally Dutch. Say hi to her will ya? It'll be the best decision you make today. Promise.

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,060 posts
12.8 Years
Both of these removals don't phase me, more so the HMS as they were a pain to deal with in the first place. When playing the demo, I found that the Poké Ride system is a fine replacement for the Bicycle. We still have Surf, Fly, and Waterfall as TMs which is another good change imo.