Advertiser Content
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
14 posts
2.2 Years
Pok�mon Emerald, but every trainer battle is a double battle.

VERSION 1.2 is out now! Bug fixes, better legendary integration and more!

Yup, inspired by Colosseum and XD, every trainer battle will be changed to a double battle! There is also increased difficulty and level curve! Features:
  • Double battles everywhere! Every trainer completely reworked, with interesting (but still theme-consistent) teams, using a much greater variety of Pok�mon!
  • Double wild battles in almost every location! (Except the water. Oh.)
  • A steeper level curve, to make the games a fresh challenge. Expect level 40s by the 4th Gym!
  • Emerald Battle Engine Upgrade- Physical/Special split, Fairy type, up-to-date moves/abilities/learnsets and more
  • Super tough main-character battles that challenge you with advanced moves and techniques, from Gym Leaders, your rival and Maxie/Archie!
  • An extra starter, Eevee, with methods provided early on to evolve, including Umbreon and Espeon!
  • TMs, especially double-centric moves, are now available early on in Pok�marts, and are now infinite use
  • General avoidance of HM requirements except Surf, Dive and Waterfall (7.8 too much water), especially in the late game
  • Rematches with Gym leaders have been enhanced for the post-game, and you can find Maxie and Archie... somewhere!
  • 386 version, with every single Pok�mon available to obtain (breeding/evolving still required).
  • Secret extras!

I really hope you enjoy this hack! Many thanks to the people who helped me test this on the Discord.

Credits:
  • Everyone involved in the Emerald Battle Engine Upgrade project
  • igorfs10 on pokecommunity for giving me a table for all the encounter tiles for wild double battles
  • Discord testers again, specifically Midbus and MrSwizzE for all the feedback (if you have accounts you'd rather be credited as, let me know!)
  • The creator of Hopeless Trainer Editor, the star of the entire hack
  • The creators of Advance Map, Pok�mon Game Editor, XSE, Advance Mart, VBA and VBA-M and NUPS for making this all possible
  • All of you!

If there are any bugs, please send them my way and I'll fix them ASAP, if it's a trainer issue, please send me their name if possible (if not, then their location).

Also if anyone wants to try and edit the title screen to say Double Version I'll love you forever.

SECRETS:
Spoiler:

MAKE SURE TO SAVE BEFORE ANY ENCOUNTER, THEY DO NOT COME BACK.

All Eevee evolution methods can be found in Dewford Town in one of the houses.

Mew- Pyre Tower
Mewtwo- Scorched Slab (Route 120)
Entei- Place the meteor back at Mt. Chimney
Raikou- Turn on the generator at New Mauville
Suicune- Go get the Scanner on the Abandoned Ship
Lugia, , Ho-oh and all starters- A secret island around Route 129-131
Celebi- Petalburg Woods
Latias/Latios- Sky Pillar as random encounters.
Deoxys- Meteor Falls (Bagon room)
Jirachi- White Rock in Mossdeep City
Hoenn starters- Smeargle Cave.
Moltres Fiery Path
Articuno Shoal Cave
Zapdos Roof of Lillycove

Secret rematch with Maxie and Archie- Smeargle Cave.

Known bugs:
  • U-turn does not work! To do with the battle engine, cannot fix. Please save often!
  • When you enter a double battle with only one Pok�mon (in your party or not-fainted), the game will either clone your only Pok�mon or bring a fainted Pok�mon into the battle (who can't attack or gain EXP). Finishing the battle will enable normal progression
  • The bag sprites are glitched permanently. Cosmetic only.
  • When fighting a single trainer, if both you and your opponent lose a Mon, then when you put your replacement in, it says "enemy trainer sent out your Pok�mon."
  • Not all normal rematches are in. Okay, not a bug, and something I might change one day, but not for now.

Spoiler: v1.2 Changelog

-Moved the legendary birds and Deoxys
-Added Hoenn starters
-Fixed desert shortcut bug
-Fixed Scald TM text
-National Dex aquisition
-Upped Relicanth's encounter rates
-Add Deep Sea Tooth/Scale as held items for Clamperl
-PP Max available at final mart
-fixed collisions in Jagged Path

Previous (non-386) version

DOWNLOAD
Here's a spreadsheet with all new Pok�mon locations (if it's not on there, it's in,
but it's a secret ;)

Download the patch, apply it with NUPS on a clean Emerald ROM! If there's any problems, make sure to tick 'Ignore' under "If file is invalid" and try that.

Discord for direct contact with me and other players: https://discord.gg/ZrNAy5V

Buy me a coffee if you like my hacks! https://ko-fi.com/saiklex
Male
Seen December 18th, 2019
Posted August 13th, 2019
202 posts
3.4 Years
great idea! def gonna give this a try in the near future...just a random idea I was kicking around with someone else...actually have a raid battle like event in rom hacks..... have a level requirement to fight a super strong pokemon maybe 10 20 level above t.... then you get 10 safari balls and try catch the raid pokemon. so yeah good look with that feature lol....but def gonna play this one soon!

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.

Male
In the Flax Fields.
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
1,201 posts
8.7 Years
The 386 link page says download is no longer available.
That link must have gone down really soon after I downloaded it, was fine as of my last post.
Male
Seen January 7th, 2018
Posted December 19th, 2017
1 posts
2.1 Years
I started playing this game a few days ago and I love it
Two quick questions though, how do I re-fight legendaries I missed? I lost to Entei but when I came back to get him, he was gone. I figured it was one of those things where if you come back after defeating the Elite Four, he'd be there again, but it didn't happen. Is there some place I can rematch him at?
And I've been scouring the entire region looking for the Suicune, Latios, and the Hoenn starters, but I haven't been able to find any of them. Would you mind giving a hint or a general idea of where they are?
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
14 posts
2.2 Years
New 386 patch link up, sorry it's been such a long time!

Also replaced Locations spreadsheet with a google docs sheet so everyone can view in browser.

No legendaries are rematch-able, sorry. I know that sucks and would like to address it one day, but right now I'm swamped in my final year of uni. If there is a lot of interest I will one day go back and fix many problems I left!

Sprites won't be updated. Don't know where that came from.

I... cannot remember where I put most legendaries now, but Suicune is part of a vanilla sidequest involving water and a ship...

Battle Frontier facilities themselves have not been changed. There's like oneee small addition in Smeargle Cave that's worth checking out though.

Eevee evolution items are all gained in Dewford Town!

386 version just includes every single Pokémon placed into the game so the Pokédex (should be) is 100% completeable without trading.

Hopefully I answered some questions! Also there are a few bugs, like I have said, that are caused by things out of my hands. Please save regularly!!!

Jttyzzle

Creator of Pokémon Alchemist.

Male
Texas
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted October 2nd, 2019
136 posts
3.6 Years
Are you aware of a memory leak problem or something in this?
I've been playing with My Boy! On Android phone and it seems after any lengthy playtime session there is an inevitable crash.
For example, from Fallarbor town -> Lavaridge, I used the bag and it crashed the game and emulator. There was also a time when, after playing for a while, trying to use the bike crashed the game.
Not sure if this an issue on my end or caused by mobile but it seems to be pretty consistent that after a while the game will crash.
Advertiser Content