Advertiser Content

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...

Age 21
Male
UK, happy now?
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
757 posts
2.1 Years
Well, this is pretty impressive, especially considering as it had a lot of competition from other popular games like Minecraft and Overwatch.

Signature banner made by tokyodrift.

3DS FC: 5301-2379-3187 | Switch FC: 5938-0388-8577
IGNs: X: Bowser | AS: Bowser | Moon: Link | Ultra Moon: HeroLinik | Let's Go Eevee: HeroLinik
My Friend Safari is Water and it contains Octillery, Frogadier and Wartortle.

Watch me do stuff on the YouTubes

Rainbow

🌈

Age 20
Female
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
6,470 posts
9.1 Years
Surprising! I wouldn't have expected it this year - 2016 is when all the Go hype was that made Pokémon explode in popular awareness.

Nah

Age 26
Female
Seen 54 Minutes Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
13,390 posts
5.6 Years
Isn't that a little unfair? I mean it's comparing an entire franchise that has anime, multiple games, TCG, other stuff to single games that have nothing else.
That's true.

Perhaps a better comparison would've been to note that Pokemon made #1 while Mario and Zelda apparently did not even make top 10, despite being Nintendo's two other juggernauts that having their own major releases in 2017 (Super Mario Odyssey+MK8 Deluxe and LoZ: Breath of the Wild).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~

Age 18
Female
Bronx, NY
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted April 28th, 2019
295 posts
7.3 Years
Not surprising to me is that Fate/Grand Order is 2nd on the list, which makes sense due to it finally coming out in the US last year and it still being such a big deal, along with the fact that Fate as a whole is a pretty popular franchise like Pokemon.

And yes, I'm only saying that because of this:
Isn't that a little unfair? I mean it's comparing an entire franchise that has anime, multiple games, TCG, other stuff to single games that have nothing else.
Cause that same statement would also go to F/GO as well, since it also is a part of a franchise with multiple games, anime, is a part of a popular crossover TCG and much more.

As for Minecraft and Overwatch being 6 and 9...not surprising. Minecraft is still popular, but it's not that popular, especially since a bunch of famous Minecraft Youtubers have been moving on from it these past few years. Overwatch was mostly only popular when it came out. Yeah, it was still pretty damn popular in 2017, but not at the same height that it was in 2016.
~Calamity Trigger~
"O' silver blade forged in the depths of the beyond, heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way! Lay waste."

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense

Northeast US
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
1,496 posts
3.5 Years
From the post, it was implied that it was @pokemon that got mentioned the most - with the @. So, people just tagged @pokemon a lot. So something like LoZ or Mario, which lack official Twitter accounts separate from their @nintendo counterpart, would have been excluded.

I'm just happy Dragon Quest was on the list at all.

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
Challenges - TCG - Daily

Rainbow

🌈

Age 20
Female
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
6,470 posts
9.1 Years
Is this really news? It seems trivial
How come? The most talked-about game franchise of the year?

Gigadweeb

The Black Swordsman

Age 19
Male
South Australia
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
299 posts
4.6 Years
I mean, it's like what, either the first or second biggest media franchise of all time (just behind Star Wars if it's the latter)? It's not really a shock it's gathered so much discussion.

When you meet your God, tell him to leave me alone.

Advertiser Content