• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PGPC] #6: Which region has the best badge design?

Which region has the best badge design?

• Indigo League

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Johto League

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Hoenn League

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Sinnoh League

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Unova League

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Kalos League

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Orange League (i guess this counts)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • You can see the list of badges here.

Welcome everyone to the new Pokemon General Polls and Chats series (aka PGPC for short)! PGPC is a new weekly event stemming from past series here in Pokemon General like the PokePOTW and What Would You Do?, where we throw a topic at you every week to discuss and decide over. Sometimes these threads will be a deep dive into a certain parts of the franchise, or something as simple as pitting a couple Pokemon against each other to see who are your favorites! With something a little different going on every week, it's always a good idea to stop by and see what we're discussing in each PGPC!

Now with all that said, this week's topic is:

"Which region has the best badge design?"

Pretty self-explanatory! Every region with the exception of Alola has had Gym Leader badges, and I want to know which region has the best looking ones!

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I'm fond of the Johto and Orange League Badges, but I think that's more for their nostalgic value.

In terms of design, the ORAS Hoenn League Badges are probably my favorite (the original RSE versions, not so much).

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I have always always loved the Johto badges. Especially the last two.

Years
  • Even though they're not as memorable as some of the other regions, I love the design of the Sinnoh badges, and how they all follow the same style of design. Sootopolis' Rain Badge, Celadon's Rainbow Badge, and Laverre's Fairy Badge are some of my favorite individual designs, though.

Years
  • hoenn for me. the badges were simple but expressive. but tbh, badges after johto looks good

Last edited:
    Years
  • I would have to go with the Unova League badges. I feel like you can somewhat tell what type each one represents and they're pretty creatively designed too!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I always liked Hoenn's badges. They had interesting shapes and creativity. But I have to say Unova's are looking really cool also, the slim shapes with gold borders!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Not trying to sound like a genwunner but Kanto's badges are my favorite, purely for the sake of nostalgia since the Kanto arc of the anime is what I'm familiar with the most. Johto is second because Crystal was the game I played the most, be it remakes, Randomizer or normal.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I love the design look for the Sinnoh badges but for some reason I've always loved the Rainbow badge.

Back