bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
14,818 posts
11.4 Years
My thoughts remain the same from the second trailer: Pokemon look good, people look weird in this.

(Went with this section because DP movie was here and it's not 2D animation, even if it's just a remake of the 1st movie!)

adventure

press start to play

Non-binary
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
32,642 posts
11.7 Years
What in the barf is this

Did they just show us basically the whole first movie but with sub-par 3D graphics and some quite unfitting pop song overlay? I'm... I'm sorry, I'm just so stunned lmfao. Are we sure this is not a fan-made thing or a joke? 😅

DramaticCubism

Cubie the Cube

Age 19
Male
The computer room
Seen 37 Minutes Ago
Posted 37 Minutes Ago
409 posts
203 Days
[AMV] Pokemon Mewtwo Strikes Back: EVOLUTION ~ "Rita Ora" | "Let You Love Me"
Hmmm...

Mana

Age 28
Male
UK
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
10,071 posts
10.5 Years
What a trainwreck of a trailer.

colours

past our yesterdays

Female
the dream world
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
4,678 posts
14.3 Years
I didn't know how to feel about the trailer the first time around, so I decided to look at it a second time and uh.... my feelings are still mixed, mostly on the negative side.

I agree that the song choice was odd -- not because the song itself was bad or anything per se (I actually kind of like it, myself), but because... it probably doesn't really fit? I suppose it's moreso the beat than the lyrics that's supposed to go with the trailer, but I'm still confused about what a love song has to do with the first movie, but maybe it's just the upbeat rhythm that's more important than all of that.

Secondly.... not gonna lie, Ash looks weird. He just... does and that's something that I don't know if I can get used to. .__. The Pokemon are okay, but why do the people look so weeeeeirdd???

Also... is this really much of a trailer if they're showing us the majority of the movie, already? I mean, as I'm sitting here, I can't see myself feeling any sort of strong emotion, which is probably a bad thing because the first movie was one of my favourites. Not to be too cynical, but with all of these things into consideration, it just... feels kind of like cashgrabbing on the nostalgia feelings of older Pokemon fans by being like "hey, remember the first Pokemon movie?? we brought it back!!!" except with really weird visuals because why.

I really didn't want this to be mean or anything. Maybe this just isn't for me.

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
3,192 posts
6.2 Years
The graphics looks better than in the first teaser imho. But people are still weird. Well the whole trailer/movie looks weird and like the most things regarding Pokémon in the last few years it feels so unnecessary and forced.

The song is random, but apparently Rita Ora made the song for Detective Pikachu, so that might be the connection we are all missing?

Anyway I found my original VHS of the first movie few days ago so I think I'll watch that instead.

Sheep

Female
Cape Town
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
26,197 posts
12.8 Years
I dunno what to think. The music definitely seems unfitting and makes this look more like an AMV, but maybe I'll warn up to it. Still not a fan of the CGI human models though uuugh. Seems like that feeling gets worse with each trailer. ):

pair family mal llsif bandori ffxiv art
sheep x bobandbill 5ever
Advertiser Content