• 40 replies
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
22 posts
4 Years

Welcome to Pokémon HGSS: Sevii Islands!

A little background on the project:
Spoiler:
So, a little while ago I was bored and decided to completely remake the Sevii Islands in their entirety with HGSS tilesets, since HGSS is probably my favorite adittion of the core series, and it's always been my dream to have the Sevii Islands in a main game again (I feel not having them in HGSS was a wasted opportunity, but I do understand why they're not in the game). So I did, it took some time but I did, I remade the seven islands, plus Navel Rock and Birth Island in HGSS style, and they were sitting on a RPG Maker XP file for a while until the quarantine started. I was so bored, I decided I'd finally get around to making and actually releasing a Pokémon fan game, and I felt it was just right to create my dream: what would have happened if the Sevii Islands were actually in HGSS. And so, here we are!

Logistics of being a sequel/continuation to HGSS:
Spoiler:

- This game is set right after the events of Pokémon HeartGold / SoulSilver, as if it were the continuation of the games;
- As such, the player starts his/her adventure in this game with some familiar items;
- There is a little questionnaire in the beginning of the game to determine how you start the game (starter, game version, gender, and some more little details);
- All of the plot and events of HeartGold / SoulSilver are "canon", however, some optional stuff in HGSS did not happen (as they were optional, and to be able to create some more plotlines in this game), such as: optional Legendary Pokémon. Meaning the only legendaries the player actually caught, in this game, are: the game version mascot and Suicune. Also, the only wifi event that's being considered "canon", for story purposes, is the Celebi event.

Plot:
After defeating Red in Pokémon HeartGold / SoulSilver, Eusine asks for you to come with him to the Sevii Islands, since the remaining Legendary Beasts (Raikou and Entei) were spotted there, and there have been sightings of Team Rocket in the Sevii Islands, as well as rumors about Giovanni being back... Why is Team Rocket back again, and what could possibly be their business in the Sevii Islands?

Features:
Spoiler:

-New and remixed music (and various sound effects, such as ocean, waterfall, lava, etc);
-Following Pokémon;
-Randomizer and Nuzlocke modes (as well as Randomlocke, which is both in one);
-Pokégear with new features (storage, money bank, etc);
-To stay faithful to HGSS, only Gen 1-4 Pokémon are in the game. However, fairy type is added. TMs are now infinite use too;
-Chapters instead of Gyms (since there are no gyms in the Sevii Islands). Currently there are 2 chapters playable, out of 10 planned, which consist of One Island and a bit more. There is also a sidequest you can complete after the 2 chapters, and a Legendary Pokémon to catch;
-Sevii Islands!

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Download link:
Spoiler:

Note: Currently, in Beta 1.2, there are 2 playable chapters, out of 10 planned, which consist of One Island and a bit more. There is also a sidequest you can complete after the 2 chapters, and a Legendary Pokémon to catch.
Note 2: You can get a special Mystery Gift as thanks for playing the game.

Beta 1.2: http://www.mediafire.com/file/88qx5nu9s76u6hv/Pok%C3%A9mon_HGSS_Sevii_Islands_Beta_1.2.rar/file

Changelog and previous versions:
Spoiler:

Patch 1.2: Fixes Pokémon not following the player after losing to Ariana.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/a417bkw2swaf2g8/Pok%C3%A9mon_HGSS_Sevii_Islands_Patch_1.2.rar/file
Patch 1.1: Fixes Pokémon Center crash when healing Pokémon and a visual bug in a map.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/uml3ikousm36a25/Pok%C3%A9mon_HGSS_Sevii_Islands_Patch_1.1.rar/file
Beta 1.0: Original release.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/t6odx6ljd7ktkk1/Pok%C3%A9mon_HGSS_Sevii_Islands_Beta_1.0.rar/file

Credits:
Spoiler:

PurpleZaffre - Creator (In case anyone is confused, FaperJr was my older nickname which I'm not able to change here on Pokécommunity)

-Pokémon:

The Pokémon Company
GameFreak
Nintendo

---------------

-Music & Sounds:

The Pokémon Company
Jonas B. Ingebretsen
GameFreak
TGH
PokéMixr92
LukeeGD
Dialga22239
Nintendo
Bulbapedia
Pokémon Anime
Junichi Masuda
GRonnoc
HoopsandHipHop
Zame
Smouv
NintenSheet
Nanashima
BadSamaritan
NightDefined
KunningFox
DKen2021
Fakemon123
Deo
iteachvader
GaragebandPoke
Bliitzit
LD3005
Atlantic Records
Overlap
Media Factory
Pikachu Records
Shinji Miyazaki
pokemonags
hnturs12
Red6095
Lumify | Gil
KaiserLeospike
Kunning Fox
MC Bomber
PokemonRater
VGMusicMaker

---------------

-Pokémon Essentials:

Maruno
Flameguru
Peter O.

---------------

-RPG Maker XP:

Enterbrain

---------------

-Scripts:

WolfPP
Marin
KleinStudios
Zeus81
Crystal Noel
Kyu
Pistis
Obito
Clara
Vendily
Tustin2121
cilerba
-FL-
BlackOutG5
DekuSamurai
Hansiec
DL Kurosh
SunakazeKun
Lucidious89
LostSoulsDev
Deouen
Mej71
Luka S.J.
Mario Gamer
YoshiCLONE
Shiney570
TheTrain2000
dragonnite
Zeak6464
Help-14
Zingzags
Venom12
rayd12smitty
DerxwnaKapsyla
Umbreon
BlackEternity
AtomicReactor
Alaguesia
Drimer

---------------

-Tiles:

Heartlessdragoon
Pokémon Company
Gamefreak
Cilerba
Akizakura16
Keh-Ven
Neo-Spriteman
Calis
rayd12smitty
Crazyninjaguy
WilsonScarloxy
Aigue--Marine
Prince Legandario
Zeak6464
yourii54
chimcharsfireworkd
Bulbapedia
Mr. Gela
Nintendo
Thunderdove
EternalTakai
SpartaLazor
Tsuka
rayd12smitty
Iametrine
Gamershow
Phyromatical
Kymotonian
Godofthesky
Light-PA
LilaTraube
RedKnightX
WilliamGJ
MrBlueOctober
DarkDragoon
EVoLiNa
NSora-96
Heavy-Metal-Lover
Gallanty
Minothreat0987
BoOmxBiG
Hek-el-grande
ThatsSoWitty
sagaxxy
EpicDay
warox1994
zerudez
Zeo254
Kimotonian
help-14
thurpok
Warpras
MoonTIK
spaceemotion
Rayquaza-dot
Manuxd789
Rossay
WesleyFG
xAlien95
LotusKing
TyranitarDark
UltimoSpriter
DonLawride
ChaoticCherryCake
Speedialga
CrimsonTakai
Kizemaru-Kurunosuke
EpicDay
Thurpok
MinorThreat0987
kaitoooo
UltimateTraveler
Magiscarf
peekychew
CNickC
Alucus
Kyledove
Dewitty
CNC
zetavares852
Lightbulb15
JayLuxray

---------------

-Overworld People:

chasemortier
Dewitty
Kimotonian
Bulbapedia
Nintendo
Chocosrawloid
milomilotic11
Brawlzilla
Pokémon Company
Gamefreak
Kymotonian
Neo-Spriteman

---------------

-Overworld Pokémon:

LunarDusk
PrincessPhoenix
help-14
csandoval
2and2makes5
MissingLukey
Zyon17
Kymotonyan
cSc-A7X
Pokegirl4ever
Fernandojl
Silver-Skies
TyranitarDark
Getsuei-H
Kid1513
milomilotic11
Kyt666
kdiamo11
Chocosrawlooid
Syledude
Kimotonian
Gallanty
Gizamimi-Pichu

---------------

-Pokémon Sprites:

PokemonOmegaandAlpha
leparagon
fishbowlsoul90
LlamaMinister
BlueMew
Diegotoon20
LuxLuxray
GigaDex720
CheesaCrackaSpriting
MikuMelody
Viraizeon
Yagura
TheCyclopz
Jaylung
Oroshibu
Pokecheck.org
GameFreak
Luka S.J.
dragonnite
Tebited15
redblueyellow
Naisho
Crazix Drakyl

---------------

-Other Graphics:

Deo
Aki
Mario Gamer
Rune
YoshiCLONE
Erassus
Eli
Overwordly
ArtpopTrainer
Zenionith
Richard PT
Mykala Tchaeschke
Glench
ARandomRiver
NX-Kun
Lemon
SpartaLazor
Tricko1
shivanking
Mucrush
vg-resource.com
Ploaj
PhoenixOfLight92
RBRNNova
virizion66
Nephae
TiniVi
HyperTurtle32
xMachaku
MasterVictini
Valtoma
PoLlOrOn

---------------

Elite Battle System:

Sprites:
GameFreak | Original sprites from B/W/2 games
Pokecheck.org | Ripping the sprites from B2/W2 roms
Luka S.J. | Indexing and formatting the sprites
PinkCatDragon | GIF to PNG conversion
Tebited15 | B/W styled trainer Red sprite
Spriters-Resource (redblueyellow) | Gen 5 ball sprites

Battle Backgrounds:
Eli | Ripping and compiling the backgrounds
lilatraube | Some B2/W2 battle bases

Custom UI:
Luka S.J. | Design, formatting and implementation

Scripts:
Luka S.J. | Elite Battle System
Maruno | General help and support
PinkCatDragon | GIF to PNG converter
Pokémon Essentials | Base system

Sound Effects:
GameFreak | Original sound effects from B/W/2 games
BadSamaritan | Ripping the sound effects

Vendily

Female
Online now
Posted 11 Hours Ago
1,175 posts
4.8 Years
Fan Games Post
Approved
Male
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
189 posts
9.9 Years
Friend, I'll give you some advice.

If you want your game to look quite promising and ambitious and not a mediocre game made without profit.

Don't use RPG Maker. Better use Unity with the IIcolour Spectrum Pokemon Unity framework that I will leave in a link:
https://github.com/PokemonUnity/PokemonUnity

I want people to make use of that framework to make Pokemon fangames in Unity and take advantage of all that potential.
when will you get the hint that people dont want to be bothered with your "advice"?
but a poem is never actually finished, it just stops moving -Sayori the Cinnamon Bun

Inner Rhymes

Hip Hop and Pokemon are all I need.

Male
India.
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
834 posts
3.1 Years
This looks absolutely gorgeous and I actually share the same sentiment as you, it felt odd not having the Sevii islands in HGSS, I'm probably going to give this a spin when there's a more lengthier release. Definitely got my eyes peeled on this. Good luck!
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
22 posts
4 Years
This looks absolutely gorgeous and I actually share the same sentiment as you, it felt odd not having the Sevii islands in HGSS, I'm probably going to give this a spin when there's a more lengthier release. Definitely got my eyes peeled on this. Good luck!
Thanks a lot! :) I'm working on the next release as we speak, I hope you'll like it when you get to play it :D
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
22 posts
4 Years
I like the game so far. Just an fyi, I am sometimes getting a pokeball error, that doesn't let me catch the Mons. It's infrequent, though.
That's weird. Can you message me on Discord to explain that in better detail, please? I'm Zaffre#7901
I can't seem to replicate that error, even using the released version you're using.

yugoslavfub

Torchic is Number One Chicken

Non-binary
The Yugoslav Region
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
48 posts
3 Years
I don't have access to discord right now, the issue only seemed to happen with the level 6 mons when I used rock smash, I think it was something about the sprite.

Though, I'm having another bug right now involving chap 2 and the Rattata.
'
https://imgur.com/a/lYPjBHg
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
22 posts
4 Years
I don't have access to discord right now, the issue only seemed to happen with the level 6 mons when I used rock smash, I think it was something about the sprite.

Though, I'm having another bug right now involving chap 2 and the Rattata.
'
https://imgur.com/a/lYPjBHg
Ok, but when does that error happen?
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
22 posts
4 Years
It happens right after the rat is caught and you attempt to get it towards your cell
I'm sorry, but I don't understand why that error happens to you. Are you sure you installed the game correctly? If you wouldn't mind, please delete what you downloaded and redownload Beta 1.2. (And no, that won't delete your save file.)
Because of all the people who've tried out the game, you're the only one with that error, and looking at the events I seriously can't figure out why that error is occurring to you. Also, if you could be just a little bit more specific, what do you mean by when "you attempt to get it towards your cell"?

Edit: Also, I've talked to the rest of the people who tried out the game and I've tried it myself, and no one could replicate the error you had when capturing the rock smash Pokémon.

yugoslavfub

Non-binary
The Yugoslav Region
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
48 posts
3 Years
It happens in the cut scene after you catch the Rattata and just before it heads towards the cell, after using Celebi is suggested by Eusine. I'm not super well versed in coding, but I have one of my Pokemon from my team's sprite following me around in the cell. I'm guessing that's not supposed to be there?

Would sending you the save file be of any help? I'm not even really sure why I'm getting errors because it looks like everything was installed correctly.

Also, here is the errorlog for the Pokeball issue I had earlier, if it is of any help. I was doing a normal run not a nuzlocke.
Spoiler:
Exception: SystemStackError
Game_Switches:21:in `[]'
Nuzlocke Mode:94:in `pbThrowPokeBall_ebs'
EBS #0 Battle:367:in `nuzlocke_ThrowPokeBall'
Nuzlocke Mode:105:in `pbThrowPokeBall_ebs'

Edit: Okay so I did a restart of the entire thing and it's working fine now. It looks like when I went to the top of the Mt. Ember for some reason my follower Pokemon didn't go into its ball during the cut scene and that's what made the script wonky. I am probably like the only person this will ever happen to knowing my luck, lol

Next question is for Chap. 2.
Spoiler:
Where do you find the Team Rocket Grunt clothing once you go back in time? I keep spinning around the base and I'm not sure what to do next once I'm near the exit.
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
22 posts
4 Years
It happens in the cut scene after you catch the Rattata and just before it heads towards the cell, after using Celebi is suggested by Eusine. I'm not super well versed in coding, but I have one of my Pokemon from my team's sprite following me around in the cell. I'm guessing that's not supposed to be there?

Would sending you the save file be of any help? I'm not even really sure why I'm getting errors because it looks like everything was installed correctly.

Also, here is the errorlog for the Pokeball issue I had earlier, if it is of any help. I was doing a normal run not a nuzlocke.
Spoiler:

Edit: Okay so I did a restart of the entire thing and it's working fine now. It looks like when I went to the top of the Mt. Ember for some reason my follower Pokemon didn't go into its ball during the cut scene and that's what made the script wonky. I am probably like the only person this will ever happen to knowing my luck, lol

Next question is for Chap. 2.
Spoiler:
Where do you find the Team Rocket Grunt clothing once you go back in time? I keep spinning around the base and I'm not sure what to do next once I'm near the exit.
Yes, your Pokemon following you in your cell wasn't to happen. Do you know how that happened?
Anyways, I've been fixing a lot of bugs that have to do with the Pokemon followers, so I'm pretty sure for the next version that won't happen anymore, but thank you.
Thank you for including the error log. Did it happen again on your second playthrough?

Also, for your question:
Spoiler:
You have to take the clothes off of one of the grunts, but the path to them may not be the easiest. You may have to study the spinning tiles and their directions overall a bit.

yugoslavfub

Non-binary
The Yugoslav Region
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
48 posts
3 Years
I don't have an error log for it, but this is what I have noted. I think the issue started after the battle with the admin in the lower levels of Mt. Ember cut scene. The Typhlosion I was using never went back into its Pokeball before or after the battle started and was still out and about when Looker appears (I noticed in the second play through that the following Pokemon wasn't out when Looker shows up). Then for awhile the following Pokemon sprite stopped appearing, only showing up for a brief second when using the PokeCenter on the first Island in the first play through. Then it reappeared during the end of the first chapter cutscene.

I am currently not having either of these issues in the second run.
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
22 posts
4 Years
I don't have an error log for it, but this is what I have noted. I think the issue started after the battle with the admin in the lower levels of Mt. Ember cut scene. The Typhlosion I was using never went back into its Pokeball before or after the battle started and was still out and about when Looker appears (I noticed in the second play through that the following Pokemon wasn't out when Looker shows up). Then for awhile the following Pokemon sprite stopped appearing, only showing up for a brief second when using the PokeCenter on the first Island in the first play through. Then it reappeared during the end of the first chapter cutscene.

I am currently not having either of these issues in the second run.
Ok, I now know exactly why that bug would happen to some people and it's fixed, it'll be in the next version along with some more content available (and also less lag), which shouldn't take that long. Thank you very much for all your feedback, hope you enjoyed the game so far!

yugoslavfub

Non-binary
The Yugoslav Region
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
48 posts
3 Years
I just finished the current Beta. I have to say that I enjoyed the two chapters so far. I like that the game feels like a natural progression of the Heartgold and Soulsilver setting. Beating up Team Rocket is always a good pastime. Some of the gimmicks like the Rattata were fun. I look forward to seeing more from you. Good job.

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

Male
High above you
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
322 posts
7.9 Years
This looks really good! I love the 2nd generation games and the remakes so I need to try this.
Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844

How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a .zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
22 posts
4 Years
I just finished the current Beta. I have to say that I enjoyed the two chapters so far. I like that the game feels like a natural progression of the Heartgold and Soulsilver setting. Beating up Team Rocket is always a good pastime. Some of the gimmicks like the Rattata were fun. I look forward to seeing more from you. Good job.
Thank you, I am very glad to hear that! :D

This looks really good! I love the 2nd generation games and the remakes so I need to try this.
Thanks, I hope you'll like it :)
Male
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
189 posts
9.9 Years
im not sure if it was fixed yet but when i first downloaded the game and played it, after i selected all the options at the start and arrived at the sevii islands the game seemed to run unreasonably slow, and mind u this is coming from someone who plays on a potato computer that barely ever sees anything higher than 15FPS so if i feel like its running slower than even that it must be impactful

anywho was just curious as to if that got adjusted or not cuz i did want to play this game but i cant if it runs so much slower than most other pokemon fan games i play :(
but a poem is never actually finished, it just stops moving -Sayori the Cinnamon Bun
Male
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
189 posts
9.9 Years
That's a problem with your pc. Something with the editor causes the slow down.
i doubt it considering this is the only fan game this has happened to on my computer and ive played at least 25-30 different fan games for pokemon and never saw that issue til now