Shop Accepting Fakémon requests cuz y'all are awesome.

Started by Lordecoxinha February 6th, 2021 1:18 AM
  • 28 replies

Lordecoxinha

English might falter

He/him/his
Brazil
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted April 1st, 2021
269 posts
113 Days
Hello, how's everybody doing?

I've been a member here for almost two weeks now and I'm astonished by how supportive everyone in this community is! Not only of my own art but also everyone else's. It's like every Showroom thread I see has someone encouraging the artist and sharing advice, it's beautiful.

So, to commemorate everyone and my first badge, I want to repay this community for the kindness and support that's been shown. And what better way to do that than the way I've been sharing my art? I reckon every fan of Pokémon has at least once imagined a Fakémon of their own, but not everyone has ventured into drawing, so I'm here to offer my services!

If you have a Fakémon idea you'd like to see drawn in my style, share it here! I'll be picking some of your ideas (more than 4, less than 10) and drawing them just because you guys are awesome. It won't necessarily be first come first served, so don't be discouraged if you see 10 people have already shared their ideas!

Btw, feel free to conceptualise as much as you'd like, but I'll only draw one per person to be fair with others who'd also like to join the fun.

Ideas picked:
Spoiler:
- Squirtlenator's surprise idea
- RacoonCityIsMissing's zombiemon

Fakémon drawn:

Fairy

genderfluid
in the flowers
Seen 35 Minutes Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
Oh oh! I wanna see a Fairy type fakemon inspired by a changeling. :D

girlfriend ♥ colours
boyfriend ♥ ivysaur

Seen March 31st, 2021
Posted March 10th, 2021
11 posts
102 Days
Great Saci haha! love this one!

Catto

☆ I like easy and comfy shorts!

Age 26
Female
Portugal
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted March 12th, 2021
104 posts
103 Days
Ooooh, this is soo cool! =O

Since i'm from Portugal, I would love to see a Pokémon inspired on "Galo de Barcelos" which is a very important symbol here for us.
This bird generally has some floral pattern mixed with heart shapes on its plumage and the rest is all black. The story is about a dead rooster that crows to prove an accused man's innocence.

So I imagine something like Flying + Fairy/Ghost? Fairy because of the plumage patterns and because Fairies are known to help others, Ghost because he was dead and came back to life.
=)

Here's an example for reference:

Spoiler:

Also, shiny Galo de Barcelos just to be funny:

Spoiler:
Age 23
Male
Rijeka, Croatia
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
360 posts
2.8 Years
Wow, that's really nice of you!

I don't have a fakemon, but rather a fanmade regional form that I'd be glad if you made art of.

A year or so ago we did the Made in Galar forum event, in which we designed Galarian forms for Shroomish and Breloom. I designed several forms there; I only drew them in pencil since I can't draw digitally. You can see them in the article, as well as more on the designs and inspirations in the project thread.

Now, my Cook Breloom concept and its Gigantamax form are my favourite ideas I've ever had and I would LOVE to see Cook Breloom digitally drawn. The Gigantamax would be cool too, but that's probably against the one-per-person rule.

So, check it out, and if you like it and could make art of it, that'd be awesome!

Lordecoxinha

English might falter

He/him/his
Brazil
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted April 1st, 2021
269 posts
113 Days
Why does everyone have such cool ideas I can't even...

I read a bit about it and I love this idea! It's weird how it's not a real Pokémon already, it definitely needs to be one.

Great Saci haha! love this one!
Thanks! Perricane is actually one of my personal favorites out of all my Fakémon.

Ooooh, this is soo cool! =O

Since i'm from Portugal, I would love to see a Pokémon inspired on "Galo de Barcelos" which is a very important symbol here for us.
This bird generally has some floral pattern mixed with heart shapes on its plumage and the rest is all black. The story is about a dead rooster that crows to prove an accused man's innocence.

So I imagine something like Flying + Fairy/Ghost? Fairy because of the plumage patterns and because Fairies are known to help others, Ghost because he was dead and came back to life.
=)

Here's an example for reference:

Spoiler:

Also, shiny Galo de Barcelos just to be funny:

Spoiler:
I never knew the story behind this rooster! I've seen tons of renditions of it here in Brazil (specially in Portuguese restaurants) and it's so cool to know it has such an interesting background! In fact, one of my Fakémon, Roosol, has its shiny colors based on a small Galo de Barcelos made of clay that my grandmother had at her house when I was young.

Definitely doing the shiny too :D

I don't have a fakemon, but rather a fanmade regional form that I'd be glad if you made art of.

A year or so ago we did the Made in Galar forum event, in which we designed Galarian forms for Shroomish and Breloom. I designed several forms there; I only drew them in pencil since I can't draw digitally. You can see them in the article, as well as more on the designs and inspirations in the project thread.

Now, my Cook Breloom concept and its Gigantamax form are my favourite ideas I've ever had and I would LOVE to see Cook Breloom digitally drawn. The Gigantamax would be cool too, but that's probably against the one-per-person rule.

So, check it out, and if you like it and could make art of it, that'd be awesome!
It's such a cool concept! I love how you shared different steps of your creation process and that G-max form is genius. I didn't notice the gun at first, but once I read about it and looked back it was so clear!

I won't promise the G-max form, but I'll definitely draw its normal form!

Seeing as to how you already have a clear definition of how it looks, do you have any color scheme in mind?

Squirtlenator

Hasta La Vista, Baby

He/Him/His
Pallet Town 2029
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
What about a peacock? Flying/grass, grass/psychic, or flying/psychic maybe.

VPP |
credit
Fairy

Lordecoxinha

English might falter

He/him/his
Brazil
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted April 1st, 2021
269 posts
113 Days
What about a peacock? Flying/grass, grass/psychic, or flying/psychic maybe.
Well, I do have Sambird and Carnavao, a line based on peacocks and Carnival (more specifically Brazilian Carnival, with samba dancers and samba schools) and they also happen to be Psychic/Flying!

I'll take this chance to talk a bit about their design, as I'll more or less explain the reasoning behind every design in this thread.

Their names come from "samba" + "bird" and "Carnival" + "pavão" (peacock in Portuguese). Also, the way I imagine most English speakers will pronounce Carnavao's name is how we say Carnival in Portuguese.
The "eyes" on their bodies are meant to be a mix between the eye-like markings on male peacocks' tails and the sequins commonly used in samba school costumes, and the bowtie on Carnavao's neck is a simplified carnival mask. Most peacock Fakémon I'd seen before designing them focused mostly on the peacock's tail (which is totally understandable) so one of my goals was to move away from that!

Do you have any other ideas? I'd love to hear them!
Age 23
Male
Rijeka, Croatia
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
360 posts
2.8 Years
I won't promise the G-max form, but I'll definitely draw its normal form!

Seeing as to how you already have a clear definition of how it looks, do you have any color scheme in mind?
Awesome! As for the colour scheme, I was thinking pretty much the same as regular Breloom: beige apron, green body and hat, with green spots (maybe even some red ones). The claws, hooves and spikes are supposed to be grey, in three "layers" going lighter toward the tip. They're meant to smoulder fiery orange when using Fire-type powers.

We can go from there and see if it works.

Catto

Age 26
Female
Portugal
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted March 12th, 2021
104 posts
103 Days
I never knew the story behind this rooster! I've seen tons of renditions of it here in Brazil (specially in Portuguese restaurants) and it's so cool to know it has such an interesting background! In fact, one of my Fakémon, Roosol, has its shiny colors based on a small Galo de Barcelos made of clay that my grandmother had at her house when I was young.

Definitely doing the shiny too :D
I have just noticed that you're from Brazil! I should have known because "coxinha" is one of the most popular icons from Brazil here! (And it's delish-ous =9)

After reading your post I went to check your initial fakemon topic and I think Roosol makes justice to the Galo of Barcelos image! I really like how you made rooster crest and the spiky tail, like Typhlosion!*-*

Spoiler:
If you find making some other reference too repetitive there's a second Portuguese creature which I just recently found and enjoy. Unfortunately, it's not so well known.
Its name is Cavalum, a mythical beast based on the 4 lava caves from our archipelago, "Madeira".

The story is about this horse-bat-like demon who decided to face up to god with a storm because it merely wished to trow a fit. xD
I think Harry Potter did an amazing concept with Thestral, altho Cavalum is known to spit fire from its nostrils.
Some people portray him almost like a normal Pegasus except for the black color and bat wing style.

Since we can only pick one, I'll be happy whichever you decide =)

☆ SW-1201-2866-1718 ☆

Squirtlenator

Hasta La Vista, Baby

He/Him/His
Pallet Town 2029
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
Well, I do have Sambird and Carnavao, a line based on peacocks and Carnival (more specifically Brazilian Carnival, with samba dancers and samba schools) and they also happen to be Psychic/Flying!

I'll take this chance to talk a bit about their design, as I'll more or less explain the reasoning behind every design in this thread.

Their names come from "samba" + "bird" and "Carnival" + "pavão" (peacock in Portuguese). Also, the way I imagine most English speakers will pronounce Carnavao's name is how we say Carnival in Portuguese.
The "eyes" on their bodies are meant to be a mix between the eye-like markings on male peacocks' tails and the sequins commonly used in samba school costumes, and the bowtie on Carnavao's neck is a simplified carnival mask. Most peacock Fakémon I'd seen before designing them focused mostly on the peacock's tail (which is totally understandable) so one of my goals was to move away from that!

Do you have any other ideas? I'd love to hear them!
What about any of these fruit as part grass type:

Açaí, Jabuticaba, Maracujá, Goiaba, Cupuaçu, Caju, Guarana, Papaya, Graviola, Carambola

Any of these animals:

Toco toucan, Jaguar, Giant anteater, Piranha, Golden lion tamarin, Armadillo, Poison dart frog, Broad-snouted caiman, Jaguarundi, Rhea, Maned wolf, Pink dolphin, Ocelot, Emperor tamarin, Macaws

VPP |
credit
Fairy

Fairy

genderfluid
in the flowers
Seen 35 Minutes Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
Seems like you’ve got quite a bit of work ahead of you! Good luck! (。’▽’。)♡

girlfriend ♥ colours
boyfriend ♥ ivysaur

Lordecoxinha

English might falter

He/him/his
Brazil
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted April 1st, 2021
269 posts
113 Days
Awesome! As for the colour scheme, I was thinking pretty much the same as regular Breloom: beige apron, green body and hat, with green spots (maybe even some red ones). The claws, hooves and spikes are supposed to be grey, in three "layers" going lighter toward the tip. They're meant to smoulder fiery orange when using Fire-type powers.

We can go from there and see if it works.
Sounds great!

I have just noticed that you're from Brazil! I should have known because "coxinha" is one of the most popular icons from Brazil here! (And it's delish-ous =9)

After reading your post I went to check your initial fakemon topic and I think Roosol makes justice to the Galo of Barcelos image! I really like how you made rooster crest and the spiky tail, like Typhlosion!*-*

Spoiler:
If you find making some other reference too repetitive there's a second Portuguese creature which I just recently found and enjoy. Unfortunately, it's not so well known.
Its name is Cavalum, a mythical beast based on the 4 lava caves from our archipelago, "Madeira".

The story is about this horse-bat-like demon who decided to face up to god with a storm because it merely wished to trow a fit. xD
I think Harry Potter did an amazing concept with Thestral, altho Cavalum is known to spit fire from its nostrils.
Some people portray him almost like a normal Pegasus except for the black color and bat wing style.

Since we can only pick one, I'll be happy whichever you decide =)
Thanks! I'll read a bit more on both of them and decide.

And yes, coxinhas are my life :)

What about any of these fruit as part grass type:

Açaí, Jabuticaba, Maracujá, Goiaba, Cupuaçu, Caju, Guarana, Papaya, Graviola, Carambola

Any of these animals:

Toco toucan, Jaguar, Giant anteater, Piranha, Golden lion tamarin, Armadillo, Poison dart frog, Broad-snouted caiman, Jaguarundi, Rhea, Maned wolf, Pink dolphin, Ocelot, Emperor tamarin, Macaws
Oooh some great ideas here! For maracujá there's Drowya and Passleep, and a lot of these are planned for my Fakedex, so I can say for certain that most of these will eventually be drawn :)

Well, I might as well draw one of them here!

Not the frog tho cuz I'm terrified of frogs and can't even see pictures of them without shivering.

Seems like you’ve got quite a bit of work ahead of you! Good luck! (。’▽’。)♡
Hahaha yup! Can't wait to begin!

Lordecoxinha

English might falter

He/him/his
Brazil
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted April 1st, 2021
269 posts
113 Days
Hey guys, just wanted to update everyone...

My PC's fan has been acting up lately, sometimes it sounds like an ice machine and I'm scheduled to take it to maintenance next week, so things might take a little longer than I'd like, but I'll draw every mon asap!

Roni

shen't
PH
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
15,147 posts
8.1 Years

My PC's fan has been acting up lately, sometimes it sounds like an ice machine and I'm scheduled to take it to maintenance next week, so things might take a little longer than I'd like, but I'll draw every mon asap!
take all the time you need! i don't really have a suggestion to make at the moment, but it looks like you already have quite the workload ahead of you. wishing you the best of luck, and i can't wait to see what you've come up with! :D
Paired with Ash KetchupModerator of Meet & Greet
VPPAvatar
Flair & Profile
Crafted by the lovely Fairy

Squirtlenator

Hasta La Vista, Baby

He/Him/His
Pallet Town 2029
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago

It may be dust build up. When was the last time you cleaned it? Open the tower and use compressed air on the fans and boards. Then use a vacuum to suck up the loose dust.

VPP |
credit
Fairy

Lordecoxinha

English might falter

He/him/his
Brazil
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted April 1st, 2021
269 posts
113 Days
It may be dust build up. When was the last time you cleaned it? Open the tower and use compressed air on the fans and boards. Then use a vacuum to suck up the loose dust.
I thought about doing it, but I looked everywhere in my city for the right screwdriver and couldn’t find it anywhere :/

Well, I’m dropping it off tomorrow for repairs, hopefully it won’t take long

Lordecoxinha

English might falter

He/him/his
Brazil
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted April 1st, 2021
269 posts
113 Days
Apparently my computer is gonna be ready on Monday!

Until then, I've been borrowing my mother's computer so I can work, but because we're taking turns using it I haven't been able to use it for anything but work.

BUT I did manage to squeeze one of your requests in:

Toddling

The Fostered Pokémon
Type: Fairy
Ability: Cute Charm / Rattled - HA: Imposter
Stats: 35 / 35 / 30 / 35 / 30 / 42 - 207
Based on a changeling. I decided to make it a demonic baby as in some countries the legend of the changelings was also related to demons, but also due to reading something about how a baby with a caul was a changeling. So a baby in cute baby clothing. Also it's constantly crying and screaming because it's a little devil :P

Sorcerade

The Mysticism Pokémon
Type: Fairy/Dark
Ability: Magic Bounce / Magic Guard - HA: Illusion
Stats: 75 / 65 / 70 / 145 / 70 / 92 - 517
Based on a demonic sorcerer. Seeing as to how some reasons commonly given for human babies being taken were to have them as servants, to have a good old age or plainly due to malice, I think changelings are perfect fits for the Dark-type as well! After all, the Dark-type is known as the "evil" type in Japanese and is related to underhanded tactics. I also decided to base it on a sorcerer as I imagine a magical creature growing among humans in the Middle Ages would likely turn towards "human sorcery", if there even is such a thing.

Some more details:
Spoiler:
Toddling evolves into Sorcerade by leveling it up with max happiness. Yeah, max happiness. Cuz an unwanted child raised with love will power through adversity and become incredible.
Their names come from "Toddler" and "Changeling", and "Sorcerer" and "Charade" because of the deceitful nature of the changeling legends.
I imagine Toddling learning moves such as Tearful Look, Fake Tears, Uproar, Hyper Voice, Flail, Play Rough, Stomping Tantrum and Thrash.
For Sorcerade, I feel moves like Magic Coat, Mystical Fire, Wish, Magic Powder, Moonblast, Dark Pulse and Psychic would be good fits.
Finally, technically the request is only Toddling, but I have a bit of prejudice against baby Pokémon in that I think they're useless. But it's based on a changeling, so I can't really not make it a baby Pokémon. SO FREE EVOLUTION BAM

Hope you like it!

Fairy

genderfluid
in the flowers
Seen 35 Minutes Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
-snip-
Holy muk. This is incredible!! It's way better than anything I imagined and I really feel like you got the concept down PERFECTLY while also adhering to the Sugimori Pokemon style. This is... just.. wow!

May I make a sprite out of these cuties?

girlfriend ♥ colours
boyfriend ♥ ivysaur

Lordecoxinha

English might falter

He/him/his
Brazil
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted April 1st, 2021
269 posts
113 Days
Holy muk. This is incredible!! It's way better than anything I imagined and I really feel like you got the concept down PERFECTLY while also adhering to the Sugimori Pokemon style. This is... just.. wow!

May I make a sprite out of these cuties?
Why, thank you very much! Glad you like it!

Yesssssss! I'd love to see that!

Lordecoxinha

English might falter

He/him/his
Brazil
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted April 1st, 2021
269 posts
113 Days
My computer is fixed, yay! Turns out one of the pieces connecting a cooling fan to its motor was broken, so it had to be replaced.

Anyway, another one done!
[/SPOILER]

Galocelos

The Miracle Pokémon
Type: Ghost/Psychic
Ability: Anticipation / Triage - HA: Last Stand*
Stats: 123 / 115 / 42 / 30 / 120 / 42 - 472
Based on the Rooster of Barcelos. I decided to give it some phantasmagoric parts because the tale says the rooster was dead, in fact even roasted, when it crowed to save the pilgrim's life. Its sickle-like wings are shaped like a roasted chicken's wings because why not. Finally the marking on its neck is a reference to how the pilgrim it saved was supposed to be hanged.

Some more details:
Spoiler:
* Last Stand is a fanmade ability that allows the user to switch into any moves it resists if the ally originally targeted by it is weak to such move.
Its secondary typing got me into a bit of an argument with myself. I originally thought about making it either Flying or Fairy type, as Catto suggested, but I thought Fairy didn't fit well as the rooster itself wasn't really a magical creature in the folk tale (imo). Flying-type was okay, but I though Psychic-type fits better due to the mystic and prophetic nature of the pilgrim's actions. Also, there are two moves that require the user to faint in order to heal allies, and both are Psychic-type.
I imagine Galocelos getting moves like Roost, Healing Wish, Heart Stamp, Shadow Claw, Eerie Spell, Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Phantom Force, Heart Swap, Strength Sap, Burn Up, Flare Blitz and Poltergeist.
Also, the shiny was too good to ignore :P

Espero ter feito justiça à lenda!

Lordecoxinha

English might falter

He/him/his
Brazil
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted April 1st, 2021
269 posts
113 Days

Breloom

The Cook Pokémon
Type: Grass/Fire
Ability: Effect Spore / Gourmet Treatment* - HA: Flash Fire
Stats: 60 / 130 / 80 / 60 / 60 / 70 - 460
This one is just a digital version of NikolaP's Galarian Breloom. Check this article out, it has tons of details on this mon!

Some more details:
Spoiler:
* Gourmet Treatment is a fanmade ability created by NikolaP which is a variant of Ripen.
As for the colors, I did both the close to original green version NikolaP suggested and an orange one that I feel represents the addition of the Fire-type quite well.
As I was considering doing the Gigantamax as well, it came to my attention I draw all my mons scaled to their size on huge documents and I realized that'd be pretty insane of myself, so no Gigantamax. Sorry for that :/

Hope you like it!
Age 23
Male
Rijeka, Croatia
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
360 posts
2.8 Years
Hope you like it!
I LOVE it!

The orange-bodied one looks amazing, even retaining the green spots on beige to show connection with Shroomish! With both those great colour schemes, turns out I pretty much got a shiny concept for free (I just can't decide which one should be the normal colour...).

You made almost everything just as I imagined it! Well done!

The only exception: I imagined the cylindrical part of the hat (with the ribs, under the poofy part) as beige like the head. But your interpretation of it looks really cool too - like, a more distinct chef's hat! I like it!

Thanks again, really appreciate it!

Lordecoxinha

English might falter

He/him/his
Brazil
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted April 1st, 2021
269 posts
113 Days
I LOVE it!

The orange-bodied one looks amazing, even retaining the green spots on beige to show connection with Shroomish! With both those great colour schemes, turns out I pretty much got a shiny concept for free (I just can't decide which one should be the normal colour...).

You made almost everything just as I imagined it! Well done!

The only exception: I imagined the cylindrical part of the hat (with the ribs, under the poofy part) as beige like the head. But your interpretation of it looks really cool too - like, a more distinct chef's hat! I like it!

Thanks again, really appreciate it!
Glad you liked it!

Oddly enough I initially colored the hat the other way around with the top being beige, but it looked too much like a muffin so I just colored the whole thing!

Catto

Age 26
Female
Portugal
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted March 12th, 2021
104 posts
103 Days

Galocelos

The Miracle Pokémon
Type: Ghost/Psychic
Ability: Anticipation / Triage - HA: Last Stand*
Stats: 123 / 115 / 42 / 30 / 120 / 42 - 472
Based on the Rooster of Barcelos. I decided to give it some phantasmagoric parts because the tale says the rooster was dead, in fact even roasted, when it crowed to save the pilgrim's life. Its sickle-like wings are shaped like a roasted chicken's wings because why not. Finally the marking on its neck is a reference to how the pilgrim it saved was supposed to be hanged.

Some more details:
Spoiler:
* Last Stand is a fanmade ability that allows the user to switch into any moves it resists if the ally originally targeted by it is weak to such move.
Its secondary typing got me into a bit of an argument with myself. I originally thought about making it either Flying or Fairy type, as Catto suggested, but I thought Fairy didn't fit well as the rooster itself wasn't really a magical creature in the folk tale (imo). Flying-type was okay, but I though Psychic-type fits better due to the mystic and prophetic nature of the pilgrim's actions. Also, there are two moves that require the user to faint in order to heal allies, and both are Psychic-type.
I imagine Galocelos getting moves like Roost, Healing Wish, Heart Stamp, Shadow Claw, Eerie Spell, Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Phantom Force, Heart Swap, Strength Sap, Burn Up, Flare Blitz and Poltergeist.
Also, the shiny was too good to ignore :P
Omg! It's so cute! I love what you did to its tail, being a ghost type makes sense! *--*
The detail on its neck is definitely an interesting one! I would never guess it but once you see it you can't ignore it!
I love the fact that it is so aloof haha xD
Also the chicken wings lmao. Gives me a hot spicy wings vibe!
The only thing i would change is the blue part of its legs. I'm not sure if there are two phantasmagoric legs or it's just a cloud but the colors are a little bit distracting in the black version. Everything else is supah fine! =O

As for the rest, picking a Psychic instead was a good ideia, really! I never thought about it! I also enjoy the choosen abilities! =)
Thank you so much for picking my suggestion <3
That shiny tho, such a catch! o_o

☆ SW-1201-2866-1718 ☆