• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

🎲 Board Game Fan Club! 🎲

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
Years
  • Board Game Fan Club
    🎲 Board Game Fan Club! 🎲

Welcome!
    Hihi! Welcome to the board game fan club! I searched and searched and couldn't find anything similar, so I thought I'd make one! This is a fan club for everyone who loves playing games such as Monopoly, Cluedo, Scrabble, anything that involves a board and a good time with frens! I'm hoping to get enough members to be able to play weekly or fortnightly board games via Tabletop Simulator on Steam, but we shall tackle that when the time comes! Below are the rules and the members list, if you've an affinity for board games but no-one to share the love with then this is the place for you! Don't hesitate to join as we are a very friendly club and have nothing but all of the love to share!

Rules!
    So the rules! Must cover these, because as loving and fun as we board gamers are there has to be some semblance of order!

1. Be respectful to everybody! We want to create a nice, safe environment here and we have no time for your rudeness or anything of the sort!
    2. If you have a disagreement with a fellow club member, please don't make it heated! General discussions and debates are of course allowed, but don't be getting mad at one another!
    3. Above all, follow the general PC rules and guidelines!~
    There aren't too many at the moment because I can't think of any more and I have complete trust in everybody who is possibly wanting to join!

How To Join!
    The fun part yay! If you'd like to join, simply fill out the small registry form below and post it in a comment and consider yourself an honorary Board Game Fan Club member! I shall fill it out as an example for anybody who may get confused :3

PC Username: tenfrogs
    Preferred Nickname: Tenf/Froglet
    Favourite Board Game: Cluedo!​

Once one of the owners have seen your post you will be added to the active list of club members! How exciting!

Members!
    Owner - tenfrogs
    Owner - Avatar
    VisionofMilotic
    Roni
    Lycanthropy
    Megan
    ZeoStar
    Sami

Last edited:
    Years
  • What a great idea for a club! Sign me up as a member. I love all of this games, Monopoly, Clue, Scrabble. Dungeons and Dragons. As a movie lover I enjoy myself a game of Scene It. Also have the Game of Thrones board game, though I am still a rookie. Also would be open to trying some new games with a patient hand to introduce me.

I am thrilled the idea of some weekend gaming sessions, and feel good stepping into this welcoming environment. I can dig the rules, it sounds like a chill place to me.

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
  • What a great idea for a club! Sign me up as a member. I love all of this games, Monopoly, Clue, Scrabble. Dungeons and Dragons. As a movie lover I enjoy myself a game of Scene It. Also have the Game of Thrones board game, though I am still a rookie. Also would be open to trying some new games with a patient hand to introduce me.

I am thrilled the idea of some weekend gaming sessions, and feel good stepping into this welcoming environment. I can dig the rules, it sounds like a chill place to me.

Yay our first member! Welcome to the club <3

I absolutely love DnD, and Clue is one of my all time favourites! I get very competitive with Monopoly though so watch out! :fufu:

How is the Game of Thrones board game? I was considering buying it, it looks super fun!

And yes yes weekend gaming sessions sound nice and chill! I shall put up a tutorial sorta thing for Tabletop Simulator in the original post under the rules soon, it's super easy to use and has over 50 thousand free board games available I think! :3

Years
  • Down to join~ I don't play board games much but it can be fun when it's with fun people!

PC Username: Roni
    Preferred Nickname: Roni or Aaron is fine :3
    Favourite Board Game: is chess considered? :p If so, Chess, Monopoly, Snakes & Ladders, and Scrabble. I lean towards the ones with easier to understand mechanics heh

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Heyooo~!! :3 Board games are my life basically, so I'd love to join! :D

Also, gaming sessions?? 👀

PC Username: Lycanthropy
    Preferred Nickname: feel free to call me Lycan! :D
    Favourite Board Games: Star Realms, Catan, Love Letter, Munchkin, Root, 7 Wonders, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Kingdom Builder, Dungeons & Dragons and a bunch of others that I forget to mention (really, how could I pick just one 😭)

How is the Game of Thrones board game? I was considering buying it, it looks super fun!

I can confirm that it is very fun!! Normally, war games aren't really my genre, but a bunch of strategy and intrigue as well as a lack of randomness makes this one a good time! (And that's coming from someone with basically zero knowledge of the GoT show, haha.)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'd like to join!

PC Username: Megan
    Preferred Nickname: Megan
    Favorite Board Games:
    I don't really have a favorite. I haven't really had a lot of opportunities to play with people. I'm also rather hard to get involved into these things, tbh. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to play a fun game with someone. But, you know...
    I've dabbled with a couple games, though: chess, checkers, that game where you walk around a big cross whose name slipped my mind (in Germany we call it "Mensch ärgere dich nicht"). I think I've at least taken a look at Settlers of Catan, as well as Risk. I've also learnt a thing or two about Monopoly.

DnD also seems interesting. Though, most I know about it is listening to some of the campaigns people have put on Youtube.

Years
  • It's totally fine taking a bit to get into playing. I think everyone experiences that at some point. The game you can't remember the name of sounds like Ludo.

Down to join~ I don't play board games much but it can be fun when it's with fun people!
    I wouldn't worry about how much about the amount of experience you have with board games. think having a good mix of people with varying levels is a good thing. I fall into the much more casual group, but it's still fun to play with the right group.

Heyooo~!! :3 Board games are my life basically, so I'd love to join! :D

Also, gaming sessions?? 👀
    Yeah!
    We are looking into having sessions in the weekends where we play different board games in Tabletop Simulator like mentioned.

Years
    • Online now
    Username: ZeoStar
    Preferred Nickname: ZeoStar, but anything works.
    Favorite Board Game: Chess.

I do wish I had more people to play with on a real chess board rather than online. However those moments I find someone who knows the rules are incredibly fun and precious to me.

Although I did teach someone the rules once.

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
  • Spoiler:

So many new members! :fufu: welcome everybody! I didn't expect it to grow this quickly, I'm so very pleased! When I get home from work today I'll start working on some fun ideas for weekly activities or something like "Board Game of the Week", or poll's to find out what the clubs favourite board game for the month or for certain occasion (Halloween board games, etc!)

I'll also put up a little walk through for Tabletop Simulator on Steam, hoping that in the next few weeks we can begin some fortnightly board gaming fun!

I can confirm that it is very fun!! Normally, war games aren't really my genre, but a bunch of strategy and intrigue as well as a lack of randomness makes this one a good time! (And that's coming from someone with basically zero knowledge of the GoT show, haha.)

I definitely need to buy it, then! I was already considering it but now it appears to be a must have within my board game collection :3

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • Sure why not

PC Username: Sami
    Nickname: Kurosaki / Sami
    Fav board game: RISK, mainly the StarCraft edition

Fun thing is I was asked to bring that along on a vacation near the end of this month so I finally get to play it xD

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
  • Go for it!! :D And now I'm curious, what does your board game collection currently look like?

I have a lot! Just from the top of my head without going and fishing them out, I have:

Monopoly (many, many editions)
    Pokemon Masterr Trainer
    Cluedo
    Catan
    Pandemic
    Connect 4
    Jenga
    Dark Souls Board Game (!!)
    Jumaji Board Game

I have a bunch more, most are at my parents house at the minute because I put a lot of them there when I moved overseas last year! What does your collection look like? :3

Sure why not

PC Username: Sami
    Nickname: Kurosaki / Sami
    Fav board game: RISK, mainly the StarCraft edition

Fun thing is I was asked to bring that along on a vacation near the end of this month so I finally get to play it xD

Welcome to da club! StarCraft RISK sounds amazingly fun, especially in a vacation setting!!

Now that there are a few of us, I was thinking about potentially having a games night this weekend if everyone is free or has an hour or two spare! We could have a few rounds of Uno on Tabletop Simulator, or possibly play Cards Against Humanity online, and can use Discord to talk to one another either in the PC server or maybe a Board Game Fan Club server? Short notice I know, but if not this week then next weekend would also be good! Let me know what you all think and I can organise something after work tomorrow, was thinking Saturday night?

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • Welcome to da club! StarCraft RISK sounds amazingly fun, especially in a vacation setting!!

NGL it feels like RISK but better, but that's mainly cause im so fond of the StarCraft series and I like the way the figures are portrayed.

other board games I love were Carcasonne, Catan, Monopoly... not sure if cardgames count as boardgames otherwise I could add my biggest passion of them all xd
    my weekends are usually free unless im drafted into some video game.

Lycanthropy

Years
  • I have a lot! Just from the top of my head without going and fishing them out, I have:

Monopoly (many, many editions)
    Pokemon Masterr Trainer
    Cluedo
    Catan
    Pandemic
    Connect 4
    Jenga
    Dark Souls Board Game (!!)
    Jumaji Board Game

Ooooh, I love Catan and Pandemic! And admittedly, I've been playing the latter a lot more than usual over the last year, purely for the irony. xD

What kind of game is the Dark Souls game though? That sounds interesting! :o

What does your collection look like? :3

Spoiler:

I'm not sure if that picture is the clearest (and also since not all games are in English), so here's a convenient list:
    - Root, plus expansions
    - Drakon
    - Betrayal at House on the Hill
    - Dale of Merchants, plus expansions
    - Monopoly Deal (a special edition featuring my city!)
    - Rollecate
    - Pungi
    - Black Stories 3
    - Elixir Mixer
    - Exploding Kittens
    - Sushi GO Party
    - Professor Evil and the Citadel of Time
    - The Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation
    - Carcassonne, plus expansions
    - Star Realms plus expansions
    - Lords of Waterdeep
    - Kingdom Builder (big box)
    - Shogun (big box)
    - Wizard dice game
    - The Hobbit card game
    - Guillottine
    - Munchkin, plus expansions
    - Super Fantasy Brawl, plus expansion
    - a couple of decks of good ol' playing cards

...and that's just everything I can fit in cozy home. At my parents' place, we have a big cupboard filled with board games as well (though, granted not all of which is mine).

Now that there are a few of us, I was thinking about potentially having a games night this weekend if everyone is free or has an hour or two spare! We could have a few rounds of Uno on Tabletop Simulator, or possibly play Cards Against Humanity online, and can use Discord to talk to one another either in the PC server or maybe a Board Game Fan Club server? Short notice I know, but if not this week then next weekend would also be good! Let me know what you all think and I can organise something after work tomorrow, was thinking Saturday night?

Hmm, today isn't great, but generally Saturdays should be good for me!

One question: if we're talking about "Saturday night", which time zone are we talking about? :p

not sure if cardgames count as boardgames otherwise I could add my biggest passion of them all xd

Hmmm let me guess... Yu-Gi-Oh? :')

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
  • :fufu: what a collection! I aspire to one day own all of the boardgames :3

The gaming night did NOT go as intended this weekend for I am but a tiredfrogs, but I'll totally see about doing something next weekend! And EST timezone is easier for everyone yes? I can work off that :3

Lycanthropy

Years
  • :fufu: what a collection! I aspire to one day own all of the boardgames :3

Thank you!! :D

But uh... good luck with that. With the huge number of games that exists, you'll probably need to get a few extra houses to store all those games. Or, more likely, warehouses. :p

The gaming night did NOT go as intended this weekend for I am but a tiredfrogs, but I'll totally see about doing something next weekend! And EST timezone is easier for everyone yes? I can work off that :3

Aww, I hope you manage to get some rest! c: I'm very hype for next weekend though!

If you mean Saturday night in EST, then I fear I'll be asleep at that time sadly... :( Fwiw, I live in Central Europe.

what would make you think that

Ah, let's just call it a hunch. :p

Last edited:
    Years
  • If you mean Saturday night in EST, then I fear I'll be asleep at that time sadly... :( Fwiw, I live in Central Europe.
    We've talked about this briefly, and I think it'll take a bit of experimentation to find out what the best time is for everyone to join in. I'm also in Europe so you're not alone!

Hopefully we'll have more luck with the next gaming night!

Back