• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Cosmic Channelers: Psychic types club

Years
attachment.php

Welcome to The Cosmic Channelers: Psychic types club!
Whether it's only a couple Psychic type Pokemon, or the type as a whole, if there is a Psychic type Pokemon you like, you are welcome here!

Let Male Indeedee take your coat and Female Indeedee will show you to a vacant seat. Make yourself comfortable! 😊

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have created a bit of a quirky joining requirement, but it seemed fitting for the type to me!

To join, simply answer the following two questions and then have a look at the images below to see what legendary Pokemon will be your guide to channeling the power of the cosmos!
The numbers and letters in the brackets behind the answers will indicate your fated legendary when combined! The colors behind the abilities are just there to help you find your Legendary Pokemon faster on the images!
If for example you answer Levitate to the first question, and Gravity on the second one, you'd look for 3D (in cyan) on the two images below.

If you were a Psychic type Pokemon, which of these abilities would you have?
-Anticipation (1) (Yellow)
-Forewarn (2) (Green)
-Levitate (3) (Cyan)
-Synchronize (4) (Red)
-Telepathy (5) (Purple)

You suddenly encounter a wild Pokemon, which of these Psychic type moves do you use?
-Barrier: You brace yourself for an incoming attack. (A)
-Extrasensory: You attack it with the power of your mind. It shouldn't have startled you. (B)
-Future Sight: You look into the future to see what it will do. You will decide what to do after seeing it's intent. (C)
-Gravity: You pin it down with gravity so you can go past it without fighting. (D)
-Telekinesis: You lift it off the ground and make it spin around till it passes out. (E)
-Teleport: "Eeeek no, I'm out of here". (F)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Notes:
-I tried to take a screenshot of every form for this collage, but Hoopa Unbound is currently missing. I couldn't take a screenshot for it (I don't have this form and can't currently send the Confined form into a game to unbind it xD). If you got Hoopa as your fated legendary, you can decide for yourself which form you want!
(as for why there's 2 images instead of one.... I tried to screenshot all the legendaries for the collage in the same game, but some of them weren't in it (Deoxys, Hoopa, Meloetta) so I took screenshots in Home instead. The two styles just clashed too much to be put in the same image imo)
-I used random.org to decide what Legendary got associated with what Letter/Number combination.

After finding your fated Legendary, you can additionally choose any 1 (legendary) Psychic type Pokemon of choice as an additional companion !
Legendary is in brackets, because it doesn't have to be a Legendary, but it can be!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As for a starting question:
What are your favorite Psychic type Pokemon?

Club Owner:

ReKoil | Fated legendary guide: Deoxys Speed Forme | Chosen Companion: Delphox | Favorite Psychic types: Delphox, Espeon, Indeedee, Gothita/Gothorita/Gothitelle, Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash, Beldum/Metang/Metagross, Mesprit/Azelf/Uxie, Girafarig, Galarian Articuno, Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade, Slowpoke/Slowbro/Slowking (Kanto AND Galar), Spoink/Grumpig, Cresselia, Latias/Latios, Sigilyph, Unown, Oranguru, Hattrem/Hatterene, Starmie, Lunala, Celebi/Jirachi/Mew/Meloetta/Victini, Medicham, Chingling/Chimecho, Cosmog

List of Members:
- _confused_piplup_ | Fated legendary guide: Shadow Rider Calyrex | Chosen Companion: Gardevoir | Favorite Psychic types: Alakazam, Metagross, Ponyta/Rapidash Galarian, Mesprit/Azelf/Uxie, Claydol, Unown, Wobbuffet, Girafarig, Articuno Galarian, Xatu, Bronzong.

- VisionofMilotic | Fated legendary guide: Galarian Articuno | Chosen Companion: Calyrex | Favorite Psychic types: Alakazam, Espeon, Gallade, Galarian Slowbro, Latias & Latios, Oranguru, Spoink, Hatterene, Sigilyph, Mesprit/Azelf/Uxie, Cresselia.

- roni | Fated legendary guide: Latios | Chosen Companion: Claydol | Favorite Psychic types: Starmie, Claydol, Gardevoir, Metagross, Bronzong, Sigilyph, Reuniclus, Alolan Raichu, Galarian Slowking

-Ninetales | Fated legendary guide: Mesprit | Chosen Companion: Cresselia | Favorite Psychic types: Gardevoir, Espeon, Cresselia, Galarian Rapidash, Hatterene, Lunala, Gothitelle, Reuniclus, Celebi, and Mesprit.

-Crimson the Cowboy | Fated legendary guide: Latias | Chosen Companion: Mewtwo | Favorite Psychic types: Victini

-Starlight | Fated legendary guide: Mesprit | Chosen Companion: Hatterene | Favorite Psychic types: Celebi, Alakazam, Gardevoir, Starmie, Gothitelle, Delphox, Hatterene, Jirachi, Mesprit/Azelf/Uxie, Cresselia, Mew.

-Fact Checking Gardevoir | Fated legendary guide: Celebi | Chosen Companion: Galarian Rapidash. | Favorite Psychic types:

-Charcadet121 | Fated legendary guide: Necrozma | Chosen Companion: Armarouge. | Favorite Psychic types: Armarouge, Indeedee, Farigiraf, Scream Tail, Mewtwo, Mew, Delphox, Victini, Solgaleo

-

Attachments

• psychicbanner2.jpg
    psychicbanner2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 159
  • missingpsychics2.jpg
    missingpsychics2.jpg
    409.7 KB · Views: 154
  • welcome.jpg
    welcome.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Years
Hi! I LOVE psychic type pokemon. My favorite pokemon type is still the water type lol, but psychic pokemon come right after, so I'd love to join!

-Forewarn (2) (Green)
-Levitate (3) (Cyan)
-Synchronize (4) (Red)
-Telepathy (5) (Purple)

You suddenly encounter a wild Pokemon, which of these Psychic type moves do you use?
-Extrasensory: You attack it with the power of your mind. It shouldn't have startled you. (B)
-Future Sight: You look into the future to see what it will do. You will decide what to do after seeing it's intent. (C)
-Gravity: You pin it down with gravity so you can go past it without fighting. (D)
-Telekinesis: You lift it off the ground and make it spin around till it passes out. (E)

So, it looks like I will be guided by Shadow Rider Calyrex. Pretty happy for this! It's the Calyrex form I prefer and I love Spectrier's design. Also psychic and ghost are a nice combination!

After finding your fated Legendary, you can additionally choose any 1 legendary Psychic type Pokemon of choice as an additional companion !

This is really cool! I want to choose Gardevoir. It's definitely one of my fav pokemon and it's even in my signature lol. I love Gardevoir because it looks so elegant and it's a really strong pokemon. I remember finding the ralts i Emerald and then level it to evolve into Gardevoir. It wasn't so easy because it was quite a fragile pokemon. That was even frustrating sometimes, but it is indeed one of the things I also like about Gardevoir. It's hard to train, so it feels like you have to get their respect or something. And Gardevoir is also really really strong lol. Then, obviously the role Gardevoir had in the first PMD was extremely cool and unexpected, so for sure it suits the role of "guide" and "companion" for me!

Well, many lol. I am not giving an order or something, just giving their names.

- Alakazam: I am not sure it's my fav psychic type pokemon, but if it's not the first, it's probably the second lol. The fact is that I have an interesting relationship with Alakazam. I love its design and just like ralts line, it becomes stronger and stronger but it's still a fragile pokemon. However Alakazam got into my graces when I played the first PMD. I was amazed by how cool he was lol. The way he acted and so on. I like that he actually became an important character in that series. And I remember that when I was a child and we were at the park, when we were obsessed with PMD, I usually stood in the middle, sitting like Alakazam and I was Alakazam lol. Really embarassing, but good memories lol. So yeah, but I feel Alakazam is the psychic pokemon I would impersonate, so I wouldn't choose it as my companion lol.

- Metagross: Extremely cool and from Hoenn, my second fav region. I love its line, its design, the fact that it's really strong. Its shiny form, OMG so GOOD. I love its mega as well.

- Ponyta/Rapidash Galarian form: I mean, they're just sooooo incredibly good. I love their designs but especially the colors. With wooloo, indeed my fav pokemon from gen 8 and indeed some of my all time fav pokemon. Just amazing.

- Mesprit/Azelf/Uxie: If you know me, you know how much I am OBSESSED with gen 4 games. I like their designs, but I LOVE their lore. There's so much to say and they are basically the key to the story. Probably they are the real protagonists of gen 4 games. However nobody notices them and they treat them like cute fairy pokemon, but they are actually just as important as Dialga, Palkia and Giratina. I am angry with GF for two reasons about them: first of all, the typing. I would have added the fairy type, they just match it. And it would fit the lore as well, they are sent to stop Dialga's or Palkia's power, so fairy > dragon makes sense. The second thing is that in Japanese they are referred as "lake gods" because they are gods, while in other languages we got another definition (lake guardians) that isn't as strong as that.

- Claydol: This pokemon is really cool. Not one of my fav tbh, but the lore it has and the design it has makes it really really unique, so indeed in my fav psychic type list lol

- Unown: Pretty much the same reason. Lore is extremely good and generations pass and they are still really mysterious. It's EXTREMELY cool for me. And the idea of the alphabet is really cool as well lol

- Wobbuffet: Iconic for the anime lol

- Girafarig: often forgotten but it's unique af. I love the typing psychic normal and the design is really cool. I like the fact that the tail looks evil, just like it has two personalities. I like Girafarig's colors as well. The design may look basic, I know, but to me it really doesn't tbh.

- Artcuno Glarian form: It's literally cool. Probably my fav regional form ever made. Love the way they look

- Xatu: I like this pokemon because its design is so unique and its pose is so elegant and firm. Also, again in PMD I love its character. I love the colors as well.

- Bronzong: Love/hate with this one. Love because its design is amazingly good and I love the colors as well. Secondly, it's just iconic for me for many reasons. I think it's one of the most iconic pokemon of gen 4, my fav gen. And also, Lucian has Bronzong. That's why hate. As a child, i couldn't get past Lucian and it was often Bronzong to block my Empoleon with earthquake. Lucian has always been my nightmare lol. Also Bronzong is good at being hit, but it's not as strong as it may look like when it attacks. Well, earthquake delivers tho lol.

So, that's my list. After my run in pokemon diamond with Lucian's team, I tried some pokemon that I had never used, so it was nice and I have learnt more about them. I kinda have a special bond with them now, so despite not really being my fav psychic pokemon, they indeed are my honorable mentions. Most of them are in the list (Alakazam, Bronzong, Girafarig), the others are: Mr. Mime and Medicham.

Years
Hi! I LOVE psychic type pokemon. My favorite pokemon type is still the water type lol, but psychic pokemon come right after, so I'd love to join!

-Forewarn (2) (Green)
-Levitate (3) (Cyan)
-Synchronize (4) (Red)
-Telepathy (5) (Purple)

So, it looks like I will be guided by Shadow Rider Calyrex. Pretty happy for this! It's the Calyrex form I prefer and I love Spectrier's design. Also psychic and ghost are a nice combination!

After finding your fated Legendary, you can additionally choose any 1 legendary Psychic type Pokemon of choice as an additional companion !

This is really cool! I want to choose Gardevoir. It's definitely one of my fav pokemon and it's even in my signature lol. I love Gardevoir because it looks so elegant and it's a really strong pokemon. I remember finding the ralts i Emerald and then level it to evolve into Gardevoir. It wasn't so easy because it was quite a fragile pokemon. That was even frustrating sometimes, but it is indeed one of the things I also like about Gardevoir. It's hard to train, so it feels like you have to get their respect or something. And Gardevoir is also really really strong lol. Then, obviously the role Gardevoir had in the first PMD was extremely cool and unexpected, so for sure it suits the role of "guide" and "companion" for me!

Welcome to the Cosmic Channelers! 😊
With Shadow Rider Calyrex as your fated guide, and a trusty Gardevoir at your side, surely you are in good company! =3

I did initially have only psychic type legendaries in mind as the Psychic type of choice companion, but I actually like this more! I've edited the opening post to indicate it doesn't have to be a legendary, but it can be if wanted.

Well, many lol. I am not giving an order or something, just giving their names.

- Alakazam: I am not sure it's my fav psychic type pokemon, but if it's not the first, it's probably the second lol. The fact is that I have an interesting relationship with Alakazam. I love its design and just like ralts line, it becomes stronger and stronger but it's still a fragile pokemon. However Alakazam got into my graces when I played the first PMD. I was amazed by how cool he was lol. The way he acted and so on. I like that he actually became an important character in that series. And I remember that when I was a child and we were at the park, when we were obsessed with PMD, I usually stood in the middle, sitting like Alakazam and I was Alakazam lol. Really embarassing, but good memories lol. So yeah, but I feel Alakazam is the psychic pokemon I would impersonate, so I wouldn't choose it as my companion lol.

- Metagross: Extremely cool and from Hoenn, my second fav region. I love its line, its design, the fact that it's really strong. Its shiny form, OMG so GOOD. I love its mega as well.

- Ponyta/Rapidash Galarian form: I mean, they're just sooooo incredibly good. I love their designs but especially the colors. With wooloo, indeed my fav pokemon from gen 8 and indeed some of my all time fav pokemon. Just amazing.

- Mesprit/Azelf/Uxie: If you know me, you know how much I am OBSESSED with gen 4 games. I like their designs, but I LOVE their lore. There's so much to say and they are basically the key to the story. Probably they are the real protagonists of gen 4 games. However nobody notices them and they treat them like cute fairy pokemon, but they are actually just as important as Dialga, Palkia and Giratina. I am angry with GF for two reasons about them: first of all, the typing. I would have added the fairy type, they just match it. And it would fit the lore as well, they are sent to stop Dialga's or Palkia's power, so fairy > dragon makes sense. The second thing is that in Japanese they are referred as "lake gods" because they are gods, while in other languages we got another definition (lake guardians) that isn't as strong as that.

- Claydol: This pokemon is really cool. Not one of my fav tbh, but the lore it has and the design it has makes it really really unique, so indeed in my fav psychic type list lol

- Unown: Pretty much the same reason. Lore is extremely good and generations pass and they are still really mysterious. It's EXTREMELY cool for me. And the idea of the alphabet is really cool as well lol

- Wobbuffet: Iconic for the anime lol

- Girafarig: often forgotten but it's unique af. I love the typing psychic normal and the design is really cool. I like the fact that the tail looks evil, just like it has two personalities. I like Girafarig's colors as well. The design may look basic, I know, but to me it really doesn't tbh.

- Artcuno Glarian form: It's literally cool. Probably my fav regional form ever made. Love the way they look

- Xatu: I like this pokemon because its design is so unique and its pose is so elegant and firm. Also, again in PMD I love its character. I love the colors as well.

- Bronzong: Love/hate with this one. Love because its design is amazingly good and I love the colors as well. Secondly, it's just iconic for me for many reasons. I think it's one of the most iconic pokemon of gen 4, my fav gen. And also, Lucian has Bronzong. That's why hate. As a child, i couldn't get past Lucian and it was often Bronzong to block my Empoleon with earthquake. Lucian has always been my nightmare lol. Also Bronzong is good at being hit, but it's not as strong as it may look like when it attacks. Well, earthquake delivers tho lol.

So, that's my list. After my run in pokemon diamond with Lucian's team, I tried some pokemon that I had never used, so it was nice and I have learnt more about them. I kinda have a special bond with them now, so despite not really being my fav psychic pokemon, they indeed are my honorable mentions. Most of them are in the list (Alakazam, Bronzong, Girafarig), the others are: Mr. Mime and Medicham.

I see several of my own favorites in that list, great choices all around =3
I especially like seeing Galarian Articuno on it. A lot of people don't seem to like it. When I first saw it I was just like 'that looks freaking cool as heck' ^.^

Speaking of Girafarig, I originally intended to draw all the Normal/Psychic type Pokemon (Girafarig, Meloetta, Oranguru, Indeedee, Wyrdeer) for the opening post, but didn't get around to it and didn't feel like postponing the club's creation just for that xD I'm definitely still doing it, just dunno when I'll actually get around to it =3
But yes it is a nice mon =3

Years
Hello there, I am happy to join my fellow mentalists and let my third eye guide me to the farthest region of experience, with my psychic Pokemon partners levitating by my side.

I took the challenge. I like that I got to do something different when I signed up for this club, and the idea of a Pokemon being the one to choose me this time is delightful. The fated legendary that appears to have found me is Galarian Articuno. I guess that's pretty cool. My enemies ought not mess with me now that I have the cruel Pokemon at my side.

So I can take on another Pokemon as a companion as well? Nice! I feel indulged. I am going to make use of this offer. After much thought I have decided that I want Calyrex to accompany me, if the King will have me. I like how story-driven the dlc content featuring this Pokemon is, and it has two magnificent alternate forms. If my Calyrex wants to assume it's Shadow Rider form every now and then, I won't mind at all.

To answer the starting question,
there are many psychic Pokemon I might call favorites. Naming them all isn't easy for me, because there are so few psychic types that I dislike, so listing my favorites could go on for quite awhile. I'll try to narrow it down to just near about dozen, in no particular order.

Alakazam is a classic one. It's such a powerful Pokemon, even without the mega. I always admired how dangerous and cool Sabrina and her Kadabra were depicted in the anime, those episode were some of my favorite from the Indigo League.

Espeon is another nostalgic one. As soon as I saw it in a guide book as a kid, I knew I had to evolve my Eevee into one in Pokemon Gold. It's so elegant and full of mystery, and it did not disappoint with it's great speed and vicious psychic attacks. Friendship-based evos are my favorite method of evolution, and Espeon was among the first Pokemon I evolved this way.

I am very fond of Gallade. I like that he is a knight, and brings a more masculine quality to the Ralts line, while still maintaining the grace. There aren't many physical attacking psychic pokemon, so that also makes him memorable to me. He got a great mega as well, and I like how he became Wally's signature Pokemon in Oras, my favorite Pokemon game.

Galarian Slowbro is a gen 8 Pokemon that caught my eye. Slowbro was already a Pokemon that you can't dislike, and he got that much cooler with the shellder pistol, and his expression got tough. Love it!

I adore the Lati twins. I love dragons, and these guys complement each other perfectly, the brother being made for offensive and the twin sister being the defender. The 5th Pokemon movie gave them a lot of personality, and I will always honor the special bravery that Latios shows in the end.

Oranguru. I don't know why this big gorilla guru always appealed to me, but it does. I got Pokemon Sun for the cover legendary, but made sure that a friend with a copy of Moon traded me an Oranguru, so I could have my own, and breed more.

Let's talk about Spoink next! It's one of the cutest and most original designs ever, I see the hopping piglet, and want to protect it. I would be interested in seeing it's evolution Grumpig obtain a third stage evolution, or mega, perhaps both.

One more Pokemon I'd like to give a special shout-out to is Hatterene. The wicked witch hiding behind the pretty face. She embodies the characteristics of psychic and fairy so well in her whimsical and enchanting appearance, and is such a tank.

Sigilyph I think is an underrated Pokemon. As someone who is drawn to history and art I appreciate how this Pokemon uses the Nazca lines as the inspiration for it's unique look, and it's a fairly solid Pokemon at that as well.

The Lake Guardians. Sinnoh is so rich in history and pokemon lore, and the concept of these pokemon personifying will, knowledge and emotion. I love their fast-paced battle theme, and my favorite of the three is definitely Azelf.

Last but not least let me give Cresselia some love. I think she had one of the most beautiful designs, looking at her just inspires me to feel peaceful. I thought the side quest in DPPt was nice, to get one of her lunar feathers to awaken the child who couldn't wake up from his nightmares.

Years
Hello there, I am happy to join my fellow mentalists and let my third eye guide me to the farthest region of experience, with my psychic Pokemon partners levitating by my side.

I took the challenge. I like that I got to do something different when I signed up for this club, and the idea of a Pokemon being the one to choose me this time is delightful. The fated legendary that appears to have found me is Galarian Articuno. I guess that's pretty cool. My enemies ought not mess with me now that I have the cruel Pokemon at my side.

So I can take on another Pokemon as a companion as well? Nice! I feel indulged. I am going to make use of this offer. After much thought I have decided that I want Calyrex to accompany me, if the King will have me. I like how story-driven the dlc content featuring this Pokemon is, and it has two magnificent alternate forms. If my Calyrex wants to assume it's Shadow Rider form every now and then, I won't mind at all.

Welcome to the Cosmic Channelers! ^.^
With Galarian Articuno as your fated guide, surely your enemies will be too confounded to even dare attack you! And those that do will have to deal with the trusty Calyrex at your side.
Woe be to those who get on your bad side, for the ones watching over you are a force to be reckoned with!

To answer the starting question,
there are many psychic Pokemon I might call favorites. Naming them all isn't easy for me, because there are so few psychic types that I dislike, so listing my favorites could go on for quite awhile. I'll try to narrow it down to just near about dozen, in no particular order.

Alakazam is a classic one. It's such a powerful Pokemon, even without the mega. I always admired how dangerous and cool Sabrina and her Kadabra were depicted in the anime, those episode were some of my favorite from the Indigo League.

Espeon is another nostalgic one. As soon as I saw it in a guide book as a kid, I knew I had to evolve my Eevee into one in Pokemon Gold. It's so elegant and full of mystery, and it did not disappoint with it's great speed and vicious psychic attacks. Friendship-based evos are my favorite method of evolution, and Espeon was among the first Pokemon I evolved this way.

I am very fond of Gallade. I like that he is a knight, and brings a more masculine quality to the Ralts line, while still maintaining the grace. There aren't many physical attacking psychic pokemon, so that also makes him memorable to me. He got a great mega as well, and I like how he became Wally's signature Pokemon in Oras, my favorite Pokemon game.

Galarian Slowbro is a gen 8 Pokemon that caught my eye. Slowbro was already a Pokemon that you can't dislike, and he got that much cooler with the shellder pistol, and his expression got tough. Love it!

I adore the Lati twins. I love dragons, and these guys complement each other perfectly, the brother being made for offensive and the twin sister being the defender. The 5th Pokemon movie gave them a lot of personality, and I will always honor the special bravery that Latios shows in the end.

Oranguru. I don't know why this big gorilla guru always appealed to me, but it does. I got Pokemon Sun for the cover legendary, but made sure that a friend with a copy of Moon traded me an Oranguru, so I could have my own, and breed more.

Let's talk about Spoink next! It's one of the cutest and most original designs ever, I see the hopping piglet, and want to protect it. I would be interested in seeing it's evolution Grumpig obtain a third stage evolution, or mega, perhaps both.

One more Pokemon I'd like to give a special shout-out to is Hatterene. The wicked witch hiding behind the pretty face. She embodies the characteristics of psychic and fairy so well in her whimsical and enchanting appearance, and is such a tank.

Sigilyph I think is an underrated Pokemon. As someone who is drawn to history and art I appreciate how this Pokemon uses the Nazca lines as the inspiration for it's unique look, and it's a fairly solid Pokemon at that as well.

The Lake Guardians. Sinnoh is so rich in history and pokemon lore, and the concept of these pokemon personifying will, knowledge and emotion. I love their fast-paced battle theme, and my favorite of the three is definitely Azelf.

Last but not least let me give Cresselia some love. I think she had one of the most beautiful designs, looking at her just inspires me to feel peaceful. I thought the side quest in DPPt was nice, to get one of her lunar feathers to awaken the child who couldn't wake up from his nightmares.

Spoink!!!
Spoiler:

I love Spoink & Grumpig myself. I do always feel bad for Spoink due to it's dex entry though. Like, seeing it makes me wanna hug it, but if I do that it will die as it needs to keep bouncing to stay alive D=
I'm seeing several other favorites of mine in that list too, great choices =D

Years
Joining!

-Forewarn (2) (Green)
-Levitate (3) (Cyan)
-Synchronize (4) (Red)
-Telepathy (5) (Purple)

4F nets me Latios as my fated guide, and I shall choose Claydol as my Psychic companion~ and to answer the first question:

Starmie - He's on my perpetual Dream Team so ofc he gets top spot here~ Fast and hits hard, just how I like my mons
Claydol - Love the aesthetic of this guy; I'm usually drawn towards abstract Pokemon, and they did this one so well~
Gardevoir - Beautiful lady gets a pick from me, why wouldn't she? :3
Metagross - Incredibly powerful and bulky boi, if it weren't so overrated and hard to train I'd def have this on my team more heh
Bronzong - Yet another abstract floaty boi whom I love the aesthetic of, although nowhere near as cool as Claydol tho
Sigilyph - The most far out abstract mon I've ever seen, and so of course it's getting added to my list~
Reuniclus - Very cute line <3 Always reminds me of an amoeba. Would love to pet one irl
Alolan Raichu - Again, very cute. Made Raichu soo much better in comparison to the regular one. Like, by 500%
Galarian Slowking - Haha its eyes are now completely consumed by the shell and it somehow made it cuter. I'd also like to believe this thing packs a good wallop!

Years
Joining!

-Forewarn (2) (Green)
-Levitate (3) (Cyan)
-Synchronize (4) (Red)
-Telepathy (5) (Purple)

4F nets me Latios as my fated guide, and I shall choose Claydol as my Psychic companion~ and to answer the first question:

Welcome to the Cosmic Channelers! :coolcat:
With Latios as your fated guide, I do believe anyone trying to chase you will find themselves unable to keep up! And with your companion Claydol's cannons you can strike your opponents from afar, without ever even having to touch the ground!

Starmie - He's on my perpetual Dream Team so ofc he gets top spot here~ Fast and hits hard, just how I like my mons
Claydol - Love the aesthetic of this guy; I'm usually drawn towards abstract Pokemon, and they did this one so well~
Gardevoir - Beautiful lady gets a pick from me, why wouldn't she? :3
Metagross - Incredibly powerful and bulky boi, if it weren't so overrated and hard to train I'd def have this on my team more heh
Bronzong - Yet another abstract floaty boi whom I love the aesthetic of, although nowhere near as cool as Claydol tho
Sigilyph - The most far out abstract mon I've ever seen, and so of course it's getting added to my list~
Reuniclus - Very cute line <3 Always reminds me of an amoeba. Would love to pet one irl
Alolan Raichu - Again, very cute. Made Raichu soo much better in comparison to the regular one. Like, by 500%
Galarian Slowking - Haha its eyes are now completely consumed by the shell and it somehow made it cuter. I'd also like to believe this thing packs a good wallop!

Great picks! Once again I spy several of my own favorites =3

As for Galarian Slowking, I've used one on my Sword playthrough. I can confirm it's Special Attacks hit really hard =D
Unfortunately it's so dang slow you're almost guaranteed to go last lol

Apologies for the delay btw, I had a couple really long work days 😅

Years
  • Age 23
  • She/Her
  • Canada
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
-Forewarn (2) (Green)
-Levitate (3) (Cyan)
-Synchronize (4) (Red)
-Telepathy (5) (Purple)

This is a magnificent question, I'd have to choose Telepathy, it is an incredibly useful ability to choose. Purple is also my second favourite colour, further encouraging me to make this choice.

Future Sight, it seems like the most logical decision, as opposed to attack outright without proper evaluation of the situation at hand.

It seems my result is 5C, which means that my psychic guide with be none other than Mesprit, one of my absolute favourite pokemon. It's a fitting choice, one that I am overjoyed with. I believe the lake deity of emotion shall bring me clarity. As for my companion of choice, I would like to appoint Cresselia to that role, I believe she is the perfect fit for such an esteemed position.

Psychic is tied for first place as my favourite type, alongside Fairy and Flying, and as you can imagine, I am very delighted at this club's creation. My favourite psychic types include: Gardevoir, Espeon, Cresselia, Galarian Rapidash, Hatterene, Lunala, Gothitelle, Reuniclus, Celebi, and Mesprit.

Gardevoir is my favourite psychic type Pokémon, and one of my favourite Pokémon overall. I fell in love with her and her pre-evolutions the moment that I first laid eyes upon them. She's elegant, sophisticated, and wordlessly beautiful, not to mention strong. Gardevoir is absolute perfection.

Espeon is the definition of refinement. Such a classy, simple design, Espeon is sleek and beautiful. Packs a mean punch as well.

Cresselia is my favourite legendary of all time. She has fantastic lore, and her anime appearances are highly memorable. Her design is gorgeous as well, as is her symbolism. Cresselia is also a wonderful counterpart to Darkrai, another favourite of mine. There is a reason why I entrusted Cresselia as my companion, there is no other Pokémon quite like her.

Galarian Rapidash is tied with Alolan Ninetales for being my favourite regional variant. Considering my username, that's really saying something. Her typing and design are nothing short of perfection. She is the moment.

Hattere is such a gorgeous Pokémon. Her design is unique, I love the inspiration being witches, and of course, her typing is immaculate. What isn't there to love about such a Pokémon? She also has a fantastic cry.

Lunala is my favourite generation 7 Pokémon. Such an elegant and extravagant deity, it is a Pokémon whom looks as if they came from your wildest dreams. Lunala is immaculate.

Gothitelle, the Lolita queen herself. She seems broody and mysterious, yet incredibly wise. Such an interesting and beautiful pokrmon, she's always been one of my favourite 5th generation pokemon.

Reuniclus is Gothitelle's counterpart, or opposite, if you will, and shines on its own. Reuniclus is adorable, it has such a unique design, and is a Pokémon that I find is slightly under appreciated, even by me, as I don't mention my love for it often nearly enough.

Lastly, we have my spiritual guardian, Mesprit. I've been obsessed with the lake deities since they debuted. I am a generation 4 fanatic, and I must say that the lake deity lore is fantastic. I love how Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit all represent different aspects of human nature. Mesprit, of course, is my favourite, I favour her design and symbolism over her two counterparts. I consider myself to be an individual who is very in tune with her emotions, and I find human emotion itself to be absolutely fascinating. Lastly, it's worth mentioning Mesprit's role in the PMD games, which if you know me, explorers of sky is my favourite game of all time.

Celebi is a Pokémon that I constantly forget happens to be psychic type. Pokemon4ever is a wonderful movie and is a huge reason why I adore Celebi, as well as the lovely pink Celebi in PMD explorers of time, darkness, and sky. She's absolutely hilarious, such a sassy, unapologetic character. Certainly one of the most memorable characters in those games. She's an icon in every sense of the word.

Last edited:
Years
This is a magnificent question, I'd have to choose Telepathy, it is an incredibly useful ability to choose. Purple is also my second favourite colour, further encouraging me to make this choice.

Future Sight, it seems like the most logical decision, as opposed to attack outright without proper evaluation of the situation at hand.

It seems my result is 5C, which means that my psychic guide with be none other than Mesprit, one of my absolute favourite pokemon. It's a fitting choice, one that I am overjoyed with. I believe the lake deity of emotion shall bring me clarity. As for my companion of choice, I would like to appoint Cresselia to that role, I believe she is the perfect fit for such an esteemed position.

Welcome to the Cosmic Channelers! 😊
With Mesprit as your fated guide, you will have no trouble understanding the emotions of others, and help guide them when in need! And with Cresselia at your side, you can rescue those troubled by bad dreams and bring them a peaceful sleep.
Quite the noble pair to keep you company and look over you indeed!

Psychic is tied for first place as my favourite type, alongside Fairy and Flying, and as you can imagine, I am very delighted at this club's creation. My favourite psychic types include: Gardevoir, Espeon, Cresselia, Galarian Rapidash, Hatterene, Lunala, Gothitelle, Reuniclus, Celebi, and Mesprit.

Gardevoir is my favourite psychic type Pokémon, and one of my favourite Pokémon overall. I fell in love with her and her pre-evolutions the moment that I first laid eyes upon them. She's elegant, sophisticated, and wordlessly beautiful, not to mention strong. Gardevoir is absolute perfection.

Espeon is the definition of refinement. Such a classy, simple design, Espeon is sleek abs beautiful. Packs a mean punch as well.

Cresselia is my favourite legendary of all time. She has fantastic lore, and her anime appearances are highly memorable. Her design is gorgeous as well, as is her symbolism. Cresselia is also a wonderful counterpart to Darkrai, another favourite of mine. There is a reason why I entrusted Cresselia as my companion, there is no other Pokémon quite like her.

Galarian Rapidash is tied with Alolan Ninetales for being my favourite regional variant. Considering my username, that's really saying something. Her typing and design are nothing short of perfection. She is the moment.

Hattere is such a gorgeous Pokémon. Her design is unique, I love the inspiration being witches, and of course, her typing is immaculate. What isn't there to love about such a Pokémon? She also has a fantastic cry.

Lunala is my favourite generation 7 Pokémon. Such an elegant and extravagant deity, it is a Pokémon whom looks as if they came from your wildest dreams. Lunala is immaculate.

Gothitelle, the Lolita queen herself. She seems broody and mysterious, yet incredibly wise. Such an interesting and beautiful pokrmon, she's always been one of my favourite 5th generation pokemon.

Reuniclus is Gothitelle's counterpart, or opposite, if you will, and shines on its own. Reuniclus is adorable, it has such a unique design, and is a Pokémon that I find is slightly under appreciated, even by me, as I don't mention my love for it often nearly enough.

Lastly, we have my spiritual guardian, Mesprit. I've been obsessed with the lake deities since they debuted. I am a generation 4 fanatic, and I must say that the lake deity lore is fantastic. I love how Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit all represent different aspects of human nature. Mesprit, of course, is my favourite, I favour her design and symbolism over her two counterparts. I consider myself to be an individual who is very in tune with her emotions, and I find human emotion itself to be absolutely fascinating. Lastly, it's worth mentioning Mesprit's role in the PMD games, which if you know me, explorers of sky is my favourite game of all time.

Celebi is a Pokémon that I constantly forget happens to be psychic type. Pokemon4ever is a wonderful movie and is a huge reason why I adore Celebi, as well as the lovely pink Celebi in PMD explorers of time, darkness, and sky. She's absolutely hilarious, such a sassy, unapologetic character. Certainly one of the most memorable characters in those games. She's an icon in every sense of the word.

Gothitelle is rather underated imo, a lot of people don't seem very fond of it, but I personally rank it among my favorite Psychic types as well!
Splendid choices all around, I do believe nearly all of them are high up on my own list of Psychic favorites!

Last edited:
Years
With the next prompt coming up after this post I'd better answer the questions in the opening post myself 😇

-Forewarn (2) (Green)
-Levitate (3) (Cyan)
-Synchronize (4) (Red)
-Telepathy (5) (Purple)

Levitation would be cool, but I don't think it's the best one suited to me. I feel like it would just make me even lazier xD
Telepathy... I'm not sure I'd want to be able to read other living creatures' minds tbh. It can definitely be useful, but I'm kind of afraid what I might find there xD
Synchronize to me would be the ability to synchronize with others on an emotional level. I've always been a bit of an outcast irl and am often misunderstood, so this definitely doesn't fit me, even if I would like to have it.

Which leaves Anticipation and Forewarn. Out of which I feel like Anticipation fits me better.

I tend to have more of a wait and see attitude in life so Future Sight fits me the best here. I'd rather observe what it does first before jumping to conclusions.

1C means I'll be in the 'hands' of Deoxys' Speed Forme. I'm okay with this, though I can't say I'm particularly enthusiastic about it. Especially when I see what picking Forewarn over Anticipation would have gotten me rofl.

As for my Companion of choice.... this is kind of a tough choice, as there are quite a few I'd like to pick for this position, but I think in the end I'll be going with Delphox. She just looks like a good/kind friend to have =D

I have quite a few, but Delphox, Espeon & Indeedee do stick out above the rest.

Delphox I have very fond memories of from my first X/Y playthrough. I picked Fennekin and loved both it's evolutions. A lot of people don't like it, but idc. Delphox is my buddy who stuck by my side in both X and Y from beginning to end =D

Espeon I have used on my playthrough teams multiple times. It is quite a strong mon and it's design is very elegant. It is also an eeveelution so obviously it was gonna end up high for me =3 I'm actually using one in Ultra Moon atm and it's Synchronize ability combined with the Friendship mechanic has resulted in a couple hilarious situations! For example an opponent burned me, got it Synchronized back onto them, and them my lovely Espeon shook of the burn to not make me worry xD

Indeedee is a pretty 'new' Psychic types compared to Delphox and Espeon and does feel like the newcomer on the block from these three. Funnily, when I first saw one ingame in Shield I didn't care much for it. Then I saw their maid/butler like greeting animations when I had them follow me.... I was instantly sold on them. I absolutely LOVE the female one. The male is okay too, but it's expression is a bit on the grumpy side imo, so I prefer the kinder looking female one.

All three of these are pretty much tied for my favorite Psychic type mon =D

Below them is still a big group which I also consider my favorites. In no particular order:
-Gothita/Gothorita/Gothitelle - a line shunned by many. For me, this line brings back memories of my first playthrough of gen5. This line was quite useful to me and I remember them fondly still.
-Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash - I just absolutely love the design on these ^.^
-Beldum/Metang/Metagross - The fully evolved form is just so powerful and cool. I also just love their concept =3
-Mesprit/Azelf/Uxie - An iconic threesome of benevolent Psychic type guardians. I do wish GF would've slapped the Fairy type on them in gen6, but they are still very nice mons regardless.
-Girafarig - a lovely underrated mon imo =)
-Galarian Articuno - I do love Ice types more than Psychic types, but dang do I think this thing is cool!
-Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade - I love this entire line. I do tend to have a preference for Gardevoir over Gallade, but I do like all of them!
-Slowpoke/Slowbro/Slowking, both the Kanto AND Galarian versions. I love these lines. When it comes to Slowpoke and Slowking I have a preference for the Kanto versions. For Slowbro I actually prefer the Galarian one.
-Spoink/Grumpig - I just adore these two.
-Cresselia - An elegant and kind legendary Pokemon.
-Latias/Latios - These two are great! Soaring in the sky in ORAS only made me love them more =3
-Sigilyph - Bit of a goofball, but battle armor unown is an amusing Pokemon I quite like.
-Unown - I like collecting them and their concept, even if I've never used them in a battle.
-Oranguru - a wise looking Pokemon that is often forgotten about.
-Hattrem/Hatterene - These two are super adorable and I love them =3
-Starmie - a simple design, but it has just always appealed to me.
-Lunala - This mon solely decided what version I originally picked for gen 7. It just looks amazing!
-Celebi/Jirachi/Mew/Meloetta/Victini - I had none of these before ORAS, and didn't have two of them till gen 8. But they are all super cute!
-Medicham - it looks a bit goofy, but I love it ^.^
-Chingling/Chimecho - Just a lovely line, even if they aren't very strong =3
-Cosmog - Nebby!

I tried to limit myself, but that still ended up rather lengthy lol.

Years

I've left the club in a bit of a sign-up phase so far. Which lasted a bit longer than intended due to my brain insisting I draw all the mons for this particular prompt myself rofl
I haven't really decided on the frequency for new prompts/topics yet though.

For this prompt I've decided to focus on a group of mons that are often either forgotten about or are just not very well liked by a lot of people: the Normal/Psychic types!
These are: Girafarig, Meloetta, Oranguru, Indeedee and Wyrdeer. Luckily some of you have already expressed liking at least one of these =D

attachment.php

Above are all the Normal/Psychic type Pokemon. Which of these is your favorite?

Have you used any of these on your teams at any point?

Additionally, below are ten situations. You can pick each mon only twice. You are allowed to differentiate between the Indeedee forms if you prefer one over the other in a given situation, however both forms combined can still only be used twice! (so you can use either one of each form or two of one form)

Which Normal/Psychic type Pokemon do you rely on in each of the following situations? Feel free to elaborate on your choices as much as you want!

1) You set out on a long journey and will be away from home for months on end. Which of these Pokemon do you bring along?

2) A stranger approaches you. Their intent is unknown. Which of these Pokemon do you take out of their ball to prepare for whatever is about to happen?

3) You want to impress someone you have a crush on. Which of these Pokemon do you want there at your side, be it as moral support or to impress that person?

4) You just moved and seek to make new friends. Which of these Pokemon do you think will be the most useful to have at your side for that?

5) You have to study for an important test. Which of these Pokemon do you turn to for support?

6) You forgot to buy a present for a relative's birthday. Which of these Pokemon is best suited to help you both pick up a gift and still make it in time for the birthday?

7) You had a rough day and seek solace from your Pokemon. Which of these Pokemon would you turn to?

8) Something fantastic happened today and you want to go celebrate! Which of these Pokemon would you go celebrate with?

9) You go to an amusement park with your friends or family. They start fighting over something. You try to calm the situation down, but they don't even hear you.
Which of these Pokemons' aid do you request in order to try and calm things down?

10) You are having trouble sleeping. Which Pokemon's aid do you enlist?

Own answers:
Spoiler:

Attachments

• NormalPsychicTypes.png
    NormalPsychicTypes.png
    270.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Years
Above are all the Normal/Psychic type Pokemon. Which of these is your favorite?

I think it's Girafarig. I love its design and its colors and I love giraffes lol. I think it was a pokemon that I have discovered only recently, even tho I have always been somewhat fascinated by it.

Have you used any of these on your teams at any point?

Yes, I have used Girafarig on my last run as Lucian on Pokemon Diamond and I have used Oranguru and Indeedee in some competitive battles. So yes, in a team for the story, only Girafarig and still after the third gym.

Which Normal/Psychic type Pokemon do you rely on in each of the following situations? Feel free to elaborate on your choices as much as you want!

1) You set out on a long journey and will be away from home for months on end. Which of these Pokemon do you bring along?

Wyrdeer. Seems a good companion and you can ride it pretty easily.

2) A stranger approaches you. Their intent is unknown. Which of these Pokemon do you take out of their ball to prepare for whatever is about to happen?

Girafarig. I feel that Girafarig has both a good and bad spirit, so it can be able to easily identify a person's intention. I also trust Girafarig a lot.

3) You want to impress someone you have a crush on. Which of these Pokemon do you want there at your side, be it as moral support or to impress that person?

Meloetta. This pokemon is extremely rare and can change form and has a wonderful voice. What to say, how could Meloetta not impress him? Maybe I'd make Meloetta tech me some stuff so we can do a choreography together lol. Or maybe not, could be cringe? lol

4) You just moved and seek to make new friends. Which of these Pokemon do you think will be the most useful to have at your side for that?

Oranguru. I think it's such an intelligent pokemon, that would impress everyone. Great companion, but also a good pokemon to fight others. Also, pretty unique!

5) You have to study for an important test. Which of these Pokemon do you turn to for support?

Oranguru. Seems really wise and intelligent, so I rely on them. Can learn many moves, so they could provide good practical explanation lol

6) You forgot to buy a present for a relative's birthday. Which of these Pokemon is best suited to help you both pick up a gift and still make it in time for the birthday?

Indeedee. Just by instinct, Indeedee seems to me the most spontaneous pokemon among them all. I would need that in my life, since I am a very reflective person that would spend days on choices. I feel like if Indeedee and I became friends and they got to know me really well, I feel they would have an answer to all of my problems and especially in those particular situations.

7) You had a rough day and seek solace from your Pokemon. Which of these Pokemon would you turn to?

Indeedee. It's a pokemon that gives me peace and relaxing vibes, so I am pretty sure they would find a way to calm me down, relax and cheer me up!

8) Something fantastic happened today and you want to go celebrate! Which of these Pokemon would you go celebrate with?

Girafarig, because it's my fav. We would have much fun together!

9) You go to an amusement park with your friends or family. They start fighting over something. You try to calm the situation down, but they don't even hear you.
Which of these Pokemons' aid do you request in order to try and calm things down?

Wyrdeer. Elegant and imposing, just by roaring a little, it would bring everything to an order again. I also feel like it's a pokemon that loves quiet and peace, so it would be disturbed by unnecessary fights!

10) You are having trouble sleeping. Which Pokemon's aid do you enlist?

Meloetta. The wonderful voice would be a sweet lullaby that would really help me fall asleep. Thanks Meloetta!

Years

Except for Normal (191 moves), Psychic is the type with the most moves (75 moves).

Do you have any favorite Psychic type moves?
Are there any moves that you think should've been Psychic type, but aren't?

If you were to live in the Pokemon world with the Psychic type Pokemon you've chosen as your companion at your side, which 4 Psychic type moves would it know?
You can ignore what the Pokemon can learn in the games. Any normal Psychic type move (so no Z-moves & Max moves) is a valid option here!

Secondly, which 4 Psychic type moves would your fated guide know? (again, no Z or Max moves)
Your fated guide will always be nearby, but would prefer to not intervene unless necessary. Consider it a powerful guardian who tries to guide you down the path that is right for you and will act on your behalf if the need arises.

I put a list of all Psychic type moves in the spoiler below, but it might be fun to try and do it off the top of your head first, then check the list afterward and see if there's any moves you'd like to swap =3

Spoiler:

own answers:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years

Yes, I like many of them but I guess my favorite ones are Trick Room and Psycho Cut.
Trick Room is such an original and very cool move that is widely used in competitive as well, it's really strategic and very fun to use. Psycho cut is one of the few physical psychic moves existing. I like it because the psychic type obviously gives the idea of special attacking, but I am also glad they came out with some physical psychic moves and Psycho Cut is a really good one, for me ahah

Pretty sure I have thought it sometimes lol, but no move is coming to my mind right now.

If you were to live in the Pokemon world with the Psychic type Pokemon you've chosen as your companion at your side, which 4 Psychic type moves would it know?

I like to think that Gardevoir would really be a companion, so I wouldn't probably engage battle with others and I think in a battle Gardevoir and I would collaborate in some way rather than normally battling in pokemon games. However Gardevoir would be really strong and intelligent, so that she wouldn't need my instructions. But if she wanted me to guide her in battle, I would give and use a competitive and strategic set:

- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moon Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

If they had to be all Psychic moves, they would be:

- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Psychic

Secondly, which 4 Psychic type moves would your fated guide know?

My fated legendary guide is Shadow Rider Calyrex, an incredibly intelligent and powerful pokemon. If they had to have 4 psychic moves, those would be:

- Psyshock
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Agility

Yes, I was repetitive, but those are high quality moves lol

Years
I'd like to join. I'm latias and my companion is mewtwo. My favorite psychic type is Victini

Welcome to the Cosmic Channelers! ^.^
With Latias as your fated guide, you will never have to worry about anyone with hostile intentions getting the jump on you. With Mewtwo's overwhelming presence at your side, anyone would be a fool to pick a fight with you in the first place!

Victini is definitely a cute and great Psychic type mon =3

Yes, I like many of them but I guess my favorite ones are Trick Room and Psycho Cut.
Trick Room is such an original and very cool move that is widely used in competitive as well, it's really strategic and very fun to use. Psycho cut is one of the few physical psychic moves existing. I like it because the psychic type obviously gives the idea of special attacking, but I am also glad they came out with some physical psychic moves and Psycho Cut is a really good one, for me ahah

Pretty sure I have thought it sometimes lol, but no move is coming to my mind right now.

I like to think that Gardevoir would really be a companion, so I wouldn't probably engage battle with others and I think in a battle Gardevoir and I would collaborate in some way rather than normally battling in pokemon games. However Gardevoir would be really strong and intelligent, so that she wouldn't need my instructions. But if she wanted me to guide her in battle, I would give and use a competitive and strategic set:

- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moon Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

If they had to be all Psychic moves, they would be:

- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Psychic

Secondly, which 4 Psychic type moves would your fated guide know?

My fated legendary guide is Shadow Rider Calyrex, an incredibly intelligent and powerful pokemon. If they had to have 4 psychic moves, those would be:

- Psyshock
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Agility

Yes, I was repetitive, but those are high quality moves lol

You're free to give a set of moves that also have non-psychic type moves in addition.

The prompt mainly focused on 'Psychic type moves only', because without coverage moves it might make you reconsider or value certain Psychic type moves that you otherwise might ignore =3

Years

This prompt is pretty much just a continuation from last weeks tbh. I split it in two because it had gotten quite lengthy =p

In the spoiler below is the list of Psychic type moves again.

Are there any moves that you think are currently too limited in their distribution among Psychic type Pokemon?

If you could learn any 4 of these moves yourself, and use them as a psychic power in daily life, which would you want to know?

Spoiler:

Below are 10 situations. Pick the move you'd use in each situation. You can pick each move only once, but there's 10 situations and 70 moves so there shouldn't be a shortage =p
You're free to loosely interpret the moves. For example, you could take their names literally rather than going by what the moves would actually do in-game. Elaborate on your choices as much as you want =3

1) You need to cross a canyon, but the bridge is out. Which move do you use to get across?

2) You encounter a lost child and wish to reunite it with it's parents. Which move do you use to facilitate this?

3) You encounter an unfortunate animal that is trapped underneath a heavy fallen tree. Which move do you use to free it?

4) You've locked yourself outside. Which move do you use?

5) You see a wildfire spreading. Which move do you use to stop it?

6) Still at the scene of the wildfire above, you see signs of arson. You look around and see someone trying to sneak away. When they catch your gaze they run for it. Which move do you use to stop them?

7) A friend or relative of yours is freaking out over something. Which move do you use to help them?

8) A friend or relative of yours is sick in bed. Which move do you use to help them?

9) Someone isn't paying attention at the intersection and is crossing the street while the traffic is still incoming. Which move do you use to save their life?

10) You encounter a mime on the streets. Do you:
A) Help them out with their act. Which move would you use?
OR
B) Use your powers to mess up their act. Which move would you use?

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Are there any moves that you think are currently too limited in their distribution among Psychic type Pokemon?
Well, none really come to my mind. I'd say psycho cut and in general all physical psychic moves. Probably many psychic Pokemon can learn them, but only few of them can properly use them because they are physical and a great number of psychic type Pokemon are not.

If you could learn any 4 of these moves yourself, and use them as a psychic power in daily life, which would you want to know?
This one is kinda easy lol. Teleport, psycho shift (whatever happens to you can be passed to someone else lol), psychic to move things with your mind ahah.

1) You need to cross a canyon, but the bridge is out. Which move do you use to get across?
Teleport. Pretty self explanatory lol

2) You encounter a lost child and wish to reunite it with it's parents. Which move do you use to facilitate this?
Agility. Spamming agility would make me really really fast and that would help with the search, i guess.

3) You encounter an unfortunate animal that is trapped underneath a heavy fallen tree. Which move do you use to free it?
Psycho Cut. With precision I can easily cut the three and free the poor animal <3

4) You've locked yourself outside. Which move do you use?
Extrasensory. Would probably help me with doing something like removing the lock or hack it to make the door open.

5) You see a wildfire spreading. Which move do you use to stop it?
Psycho Shift. I could use the move to move (lol) the fire to a safer place, like the nearest ocean, so the flames would disappear. That would mean a high consume of energy tho. And would kinda take some time, i guess.

6) Still at the scene of the wildfire above, you see signs of arson. You look around and see someone trying to sneak away. When they catch your gaze they run for it. Which move do you use to stop them?
Barrier to block them. That would be quite an unusual way to use this move because you make the barrier to protect yourself. Pretty much sounds like an "out of the box" idea lol

7) A friend or relative of yours is freaking out over something. Which move do you use to help them?
Well, calm mind seems to be the most suitable one here. Meditate, maybe if we want to be creative lol

8) A friend or relative of yours is sick in bed. Which move do you use to help them?
Healing pulse. Def gonna help em!

9) Someone isn't paying attention at the intersection and is crossing the street while the traffic is still incoming. Which move do you use to save their life?
Trick Room. This way the person would be faster than vehicles and would be safe!

10) You encounter a mime on the streets. Do you:
A) Help them out with their act. Which move would you use?
OR
B) Use your powers to mess up their act. Which move would you use?
Lol I promise I m a better person than this, but def going with B lol. I would use confusion. It could end up with a very unique and funny show lol

Years

I was initially gonna bring up all the gimmicks for this week's topic, but... Megas on their own are substantial enough, so...... the topic for this week is Megas ^.^

There are 48 Mega Pokemon and 10 of those are Psychic type! Roughly 1/5th is a pretty good haul :fufu:
Below are all the Psychic type Megas:

065-m.png
080-m.png
150-mx.png
150-my.png
282-m.png

308-m.png
376-m.png
380-m.png
381-m.png
475-m.png

Which of the Psychic type megas do you like the most, appearance wise?
Are there any who's appearance you dislike?

Have you used any of the Psychic type megas? If so, which one(s)?
Doesn't really matter how long you used them, though feel free to tell =3

Aside from their stat buffs, other things change as well on most of these Pokemon when they Mega Evolve. Except for Medicham and Latias and Latios, they all gain a different ability.
In Medicham's case; if you were to mega evolve a Hidden Ability one, the ability would still change though... to it's normal one =p
Some Mega Pokemon have a change in their typing. When it comes to Psychic types, the only Mega that does this is Mega Mewtwo X. It goes from pure Psychic to Psychic/Fighting.

Do you like the idea of Mega Evolution affecting a Pokemon's typing? Do you like the type change on Mega Mewtwo X?

For the megas who's ability changes when Mega Evolving: Do you prefer the Mega's ability or would you have preferred them to have kept their original ability?
Feel free to do this for each mon individually if you want.

A full list of their Abilities is in the spoiler below, both Normal/Hidden and Mega:
Spoiler:

Most megas retain their normal form's shiny coloration. Some, however, have a different shiny. For the Psychic type megas, the ones with a significantly different shiny are:
282.png
-->
282-m.png

380.png
-->
380-m.png

381.png
-->
381-m.png

475.png
-->
475-m.png

For any of these: Do you prefer the Megas' shiny over that of the normal one?

Slowbro got a Mega and Slowking didn't. Do you think it should've had one?

Are there any other Psychic type Pokemon that you think should've gotten a mega?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Which of the Psychic type megas do you like the most, appearance wise?
I like many of them! I like Mega Alakazam and Mega Latios/Latias and I love Mega Metagross and Mega Gardevoir! The rest are pretty good, except Mewtwo X. Also they could have differentiated Mega Latios and Latias a bit more.

Are there any who's appearance you dislike?
Yes, I pretty much dislike Mega Mewtwo X because I am not a fan of muscular pokemon and I think it's too humanoid too. I definitely prefer Mega Mewtwo Y but I also like the normal Mewtwo form rather than its Mega evolution.

Have you used any of the Psychic type megas? If so, which one(s)?
Well, yes I have. During my runs I have used them very rarely, but I tried most of them at least once. I have never tried Mega Gallade because I have never got a Gallade in gen 6 and gen 7 games.

Do you like the idea of Mega Evolution affecting a Pokemon's typing? Do you like the type change on Mega Mewtwo X?

Yes, in my opinion it was a good idea to spice things up, I guess. Mega evolution is a gimmick, so yeah altering stats, abilities and typing was a great idea. I think that in general they should have focused on making those pokemon more competitive because from what I can vaguely remember, especially since I wasn't really too much into pokemon at that time, Mega Kangaskan was quite a good pokemon. About Mega Mewtwo X, the fighting type suits it but I would have created an unique and better design instead of making two of them. Even some sort of crazy design like a dragon like mewtwo lol and giving it the dragon type lol. Kinda crazy, i know ahah

Do you prefer the Mega's ability or would you have preferred them to have kept their original ability?

Pretty much answered that before. I like the idea of Mega evolved pokemon to have different abilities. No need to speculate on them at all, but I like most of the changes. I think they could have given Gallade the same ability of Mega Medicham, which raises the user's attack. Being Gallade a physical attacker, it could have helped.

Do you prefer the Megas' shiny over that of the normal one?
Well, not at all. Only Mega Gardevoir comes to my mind. Not only it has a very cool and unique differentiation between the shiny non Mega and the Mega form, but it's also really different from the non shiny forms! I really love Gardevoir. I am really neutral on Gallade, while I hate the Latias' and Latios' one. They are basically the same pokemon, they kinda loose their identity in this way. Also, I like their normal shiny forms. The colors are amazing.

Slowbro got a Mega and Slowking didn't. Do you think it should've had one?
Not a big fan of any of the two tbh. Not a huge fan of Mega Slowbro either (I mean, it's ok). I am neutral on this question because yes, it's weird that some pokemon got even two Mega and Slowking didn't. On the other hand, I like some sort of differentiation: I like the idea that in the same line that has two evolutions, then one gets it and the other doesn't. I think that Mega Slowbro could have been more interesting tho.

Are there any other Psychic type Pokemon that you think should've gotten a mega?
Yes, I have a couple of ideas lol. I will be repetitive but give Girafarig some attention, please lol. If I have to be honest, I actually see Girafarig pretty well in a Pokemon Legends game. An evolution in that kind of game would be a great idea, because imo Girafarig's style kinda matches the one of Pokemon Legends.
Anyway, another pokemon is definitely Bronzong. It's already a good pokemon, but if Metagross who is extremely strong got a mega, I don't see why Bronzong couldn't have. I am just fond of Bronzong's design, so I would have really loved to see a new incredible design for Bronzong, with some very good stats and a good ability.
Other good candidates are Chimeco, Grumpig and Xatu.

Back