• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Who do you like more?

• Latias

Votes: 130 59.9%
  • Latios

Votes: 87 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
Years
  • Okay and nice avatar you have, Ratiasu-kun. Can we have a new topic now about Latias and Latios?

~Rene~ :t025:

Hmm......

Since I'm addicted to Brawl so much.. xD

What do you think of the Latis' appearence in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

You don't need to have played, just check out a few YouTube vids. ;] Like Here's a good one with them in it!

Where's Wynter, eh? xPP She disappeared.

Maybe you should get a new signature, Kai.

Wynter is .... away. ;D

I'VE BEEN MEANING TO MAKE ONE BUT I NEVER GOT THE TIME!

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • What do you think of the Latis' appearence in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

They're kinda like a better version of the Unown from Melee. From a combat standpoint, they're good at annoying people as well as getting those with high damage into the air/off the side.

Latios' roar is kinda high-pitched and annoying, but otherwise I like 'em. The way they go tearing across the stage with energy streaming off their bodies is cool.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years

Hmmm... As I thought of before, I used to acknowledge good graphics of high-techs, and I think it's still cool(the appearance and anything).

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years

They're kinda like a better version of the Unown from Melee. From a combat standpoint, they're good at annoying people as well as getting those with high damage into the air/off the side.

Latios' roar is kinda high-pitched and annoying, but otherwise I like 'em. The way they go tearing across the stage with energy streaming off their bodies is cool.

Hmm, believe it or not, the voice that Latios has in Brawl is his real voice in the games and in the original Japanese movies. I don't know why the English-dubbers decided to stick an altered version of Latias's voice over Latios. :/

What do you think of the Latis' appearence in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Hmmm... As I thought of before, I used to acknowledge good graphics of high-techs, and I think it's still cool(the appearance and anything).

And yes, I must agree, the Latis (and pretty much everyone in SSBB) look spectactular this time around!

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    :0 Unfortunatly, I have no Wii, ergo, no Super Smash Brothers Brawl. >:

Actually, my friend let me borrow her Action Replay, so, I have a level 3 Shiny Latias and Latios. <:

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
  • Evil!

On that topic hes one to think about, bit uncomfortable for the rabid fans out there, but its a change of pace

Which Lati (if it was possible!) would succumb to evil intentions more quickly and what would you do if faced with an "evil" Lati?

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • :0 Unfortunatly, I have no Wii, ergo, no Super Smash Brothers Brawl. >:

Actually, my friend let me borrow her Action Replay, so, I have a level 3 Shiny Latias and Latios. <:

lol, using Latin, eh? xD After studying Descartes, I'd know that word anywhere! lol, level 3 huh? It's nice starting legendaries out at low levels because then they get much better stats (which cause them to be recognized as Bad Eggs when using them in competitions xD). But it's fun nonetheless just to see them!

Evil!

On that topic hes one to think about, bit uncomfortable for the rabid fans out there, but its a change of pace

Which Lati (if it was possible!) would succumb to evil intentions more quickly and what would you do if faced with an "evil" Lati?

Nice topic! I'd have to say that after learning that Latios is comparably docile in nature, I'd think Latias's michievousness would lead her to succumb to evilness more easily than her male counterpart.

If I'd have to face one of those, I'd probably have to beat it in an honest battle to bring it back to health afterwards, to remind it of the meaning of compassion. '=P

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Which Lati (if it was possible!) would succumb to evil intentions more quickly and what would you do if faced with an "evil" Lati?

I cannot answer either of those questions as that would spoil the entirety of my fanfic. *glances mischievously about before laughing maniacally and disappearing in a poof of smoke*

*Poofs back* Yes, that was blatant advertising. I'm sorry. But not really. *Poofs again*

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Evil!

Yeah, I agree with Kai, Latias, being naive as she is, would stray and be lead towards the Dark Arts. >:
    I'd get my pogeymanz to hold her down and hug the evil out of her. <:

lol, using Latin, eh? xD After studying Descartes, I'd know that word anywhere! lol, level 3 huh? It's nice starting legendaries out at low levels because then they get much better stats (which cause them to be recognized as Bad Eggs when using them in competitions xD). But it's fun nonetheless just to see them!

Yes, my brother got me level 6 ones and I'm like "NO LEVEL 2 OR 3. D:<" so I got them myself, all shiny. <:

Last edited:

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • It's nice starting legendaries out at low levels because then they get much better stats

Not necessarily. I've known people to EV train pokemon from around level 95 to level 100. It takes much, much longer to level up when a poke is at such high levels, and therefore you can cram in tons of EVs at the last second.

Not recommendable, however, as you usually have to erase all the EVs the pokemon gained while getting to such a high level in the first place. That entails growing lots of stat-reducing berries, which could actually take longer in the...err...long run.

Anyways, I noticed that my shiny Absol has more or less the same color scheme as Latias (red, white, and blue). The only thing missing is the golden eyes, but it's cool. On that note, shiny Latias has the same color scheme as shiny Arceus (gold and white body, lime green eyes). Wonder if there's a connection there...

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • I cannot answer either of those questions as that would spoil the entirety of my fanfic. *glances mischievously about before laughing maniacally and disappearing in a poof of smoke*

*Poofs back* Yes, that was blatant advertising. I'm sorry. But not really. *Poofs again*

Hmm, hypothetically, say a person from this club were to perchance want to read said fanfic, where would such a link be? ...hypothetically?

Yes, my brother got me level 6 ones and I'm like "NO LEVEL 2 OR 3. D:<" so I got them myself, all shiny. <:

lol, regardless, u still used...

HAX

Not necessarily. I've known people to EV train pokemon from around level 95 to level 100. It takes much, much longer to level up when a poke is at such high levels, and therefore you can cram in tons of EVs at the last second.

Not recommendable, however, as you usually have to erase all the EVs the pokemon gained while getting to such a high level in the first place. That entails growing lots of stat-reducing berries, which could actually take longer in the...err...long run.

Anyways, I noticed that my shiny Absol has more or less the same color scheme as Latias (red, white, and blue). The only thing missing is the golden eyes, but it's cool. On that note, shiny Latias has the same color scheme as shiny Arceus (gold and white body, lime green eyes). Wonder if there's a connection there...

You may be onto something, but bear in mind you catch two wild Pokémon who happen to be of the same species, and have the same nature and IVs (EVs are, of course, at 0 when you catch them), one at level 25 and one at 40. If you leveled them both to 50 and added the same EVs, I think the one that started at the lower level will have better stats overall, won't it? Wild Pokémon gain stats at cripplingly slow paces by themselves. :0

Connection to Arceus, eh? Most likely not. XD But we could always fantasize... It would be wicked cool if they were connected! >=P

It's also only now after browsing Youtube a bit that I remember that the opening to the first season of Pokémon Advanced on the anime had a fairly lengthy scene of the Latis flying around. I'll see if I can get some shots later! 8D

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
    Years
  • I would like to join this club because I am going to get a Latias soon and add it to my
    Dragon line-up! Can I join the club?!

The only thing is I don't know how to get the Lati signature. Whenever I try to put on a
    sig on my file it odesn't show. So if some1 would tell me how to add that sig to my
    profile I would be happy to diplay it =)

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Hey, sorry I haven't been active these days, nursing course a tough beanie you know...

Anyway, I need some suggestions about my new movesets of my Latios and Latias(My fifth time restarting my Emerald)

Latios w/ Scope Lens, Docile nature.
    Psychic
    Thunder
    Recover
    Dragon Dance

Latias w/ Brightpowder, Hasty nature
    Psychic
    Thunder
    Recover
    Calm Mind

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    But I am a cool H4XX0R <:

I don't use it competitively, I'm just a collector. <: A cheater collector. 8D

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
  • Okay and I will post a new topic now about Latias and Latios. Here's one:
    What is your Latias and Latios's nickname in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue?

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • I would like to join this club because I am going to get a Latias soon and add it to my
    Dragon line-up! Can I join the club?!

The only thing is I don't know how to get the Lati signature. Whenever I try to put on a
    sig on my file it odesn't show. So if some1 would tell me how to add that sig to my
    profile I would be happy to diplay it =)

Sure you can join! Welcome! ^_^

Hmm, if you're having trouble with the sigs, try entering one of these lines into your sig:
    (Take the *'s out, of course)
    Code:
    [*img]https://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7470/541199961927ep2.png[/img*]

or

[*img]https://img242.imageshack.us/img242/955/291199960952qe1.png[/img*]

Hey, sorry I haven't been active these days, nursing course a tough beanie you know...

Anyway, I need some suggestions about my new movesets of my Latios and Latias(My fifth time restarting my Emerald)

Latios w/ Scope Lens, Docile nature.
    Psychic
    Thunder
    Recover
    Dragon Dance

Latias w/ Brightpowder, Hasty nature
    Psychic
    Thunder
    Recover
    Calm Mind

They're pretty good, although I'd recommend Thunderbolt over Thunder because it's a little more reliable and has more PP. Also maybe just to change things up a little, you should give them both different offensive attacks. (Dragon Claw and Ice Beam jump to mind) =P I don't know if you're planning on using them in 2-on-2's, but if you were, that's the best way to go.

Unless it's already too late, by the way, it'd be better if your Latias had a Timid or Modest nature, but unless you're obsessive like me, you probably wouldn't go through the trouble of soft-resetting again and again to get the right nature. XD

Interestingly enough, unless you're lucky enough to get a Soul Dew, the Scope Lens and Brightpowder were the same items I'd used for Latias and Latios. Strange ... great Lati-minds think alike I guess. XD

But I am a cool H4XX0R <:

I don't use it competitively, I'm just a collector. <: A cheater collector. 8D

Fwah ... if you were a real collector, you'd spend months and months resetting for a legit shiny one! xDD But even I'm not crazy enough to do that!

Okay and I will post a new topic now about Latias and Latios. Here's one:
    What is your Latias and Latios's nickname in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue?

Nuuu! You've found my weakness! The PMDs are pretty much the only Pokémon games I don't have! xD Ah well, if I did, I'd name Latias Volta and Latios Pairo. :3 (Right, Maddyyyy??? )

somebody call an ambulance, i think something's wrong with me. i actually POSTED for once....

Rachael and Rayne, of course. (those of you who recognize the names, cookies to ya.)

Ok I called. They'll come to your house in a few hours or so. Better have an alibi ready. >=]

Kweh, I guess I'm cookieless this time. Unless I make a quick stop at Google, I don't recognize the names. xD

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
  • Kweh, I guess I'm cookieless this time. Unless I make a quick stop at Google, I don't recognize the names. xD

ahh, that's ok. i didn't expect many peoples to read that particular story.

Rachael and Rayne are the names of Latios and Latias in my fanfic (if you've heard of kotorplayerVII, congrats, you've heard of me). Rachael's the one a couple pages back blasting the crap out of some off-camera target.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back