• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Who do you like more?

• Latias

Votes: 130 59.9%
  • Latios

Votes: 87 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    How 'bout a new topic? What pokemon would you use to team up Latios or Latias in tag battles?(By the way, thanks for the advice over Thunderbolt over Thunder, the problem is it's very hard to obtain in the game corner.)

I usually use Metagross for the tanker, using Light Screen and then Dragon Dance with Latios. Then followed up with Earthquake using Metagross and then the diff. Attacks with Latios/Latias. I also used Milotic for tankers.

Last edited:

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    How 'bout a new topic? What pokemon would you use to team up Latios or Latias in tag battles?(By the way, thanks for the advice over Thunderbolt over Thunder, the problem is it's very hard to obtain in the game corner.)

I usually use Metagross for the tanker, using Light Screen and then Dragon Dance with Latios. Then followed up with Earthquake using Metagross and then the diff. Attacks with Latios/Latias. I also used Milotic for tankers.

Yeah, that's true. I'm spoiled since Thunderbolt is much easier to get in D/P. ^^;

In double battles, I mainly use Latias as my protector/attacker. Although she doesn't pack a huge punch (even with Souldew), she's very good at taking them. My main strategy with her is Safeguard every 5 turns, beat down with DragonPulse/Thunderbolt, Recover when necessary.

That, when backed up by my Swampert, makes an incredible team. Because of Latias's types and stats, she is resistant to Swampert's Earthquake AND his Surf. To even out his sweeping abilities, he also has Rock Slide and Ice Beam.

If I'm feeling a little more risky, Porygon-Z (Remember I play Pearl ^_^; )makes a great sweeper. If he can survive a few hits, he can usually 1-2HKO anyone he faces.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    How 'bout a new topic? What pokemon would you use to team up Latios or Latias in tag battles?

well, I put Latias with Thor (my typhlosion of doom. who will PWN you!) as a tank (which, as far as i know, still means defense, unless the definition has changed). got 'er loaded with defense/special defense EV's and kicked out with recover + leftovers. She can stop a bullet, she can stop all sorts of shrapnel, i just love 'er (thanks to Mr. James Hyneman for that line)

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Hah, I'm not one for competitive battling, although, I think I want to start a new game on Diamond yet again and learn. My friend says he has an unbeatable Breloom and I personally love Breloom's awesome looks, so I might try and get me one of those. <:

Plus, have a Latias on my team, and some of my other personal favourites 8D

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    What pokemon would you use to team up Latios or Latias in tag battles?

Hmmhmm. Latias offers great special defense and decent special attack, and is the psychic and dragon types. Scared by ice, dragon, bug, ghost, and dark.

Fighting would take care of ice and dark, but be useless against ghost. Fire would hit ice and bug for super-effective, and work normally against everything else but dragon. Steel would resist everything, and hit everything normally. That being said, if I were going solely on the basis of typing, Heatran would be my only choice. However, I'd worry about opposing pokemon with good special defense and good normal attack, as neither Heatran nor Latias specialize in taking down things that have those traits.

Which brings me to my answer: Lucario. He's part fighting and part steel, both of which would be advantageous as I mentioned earlier. He mops up as a normal sweeper, and would balance out Latias' affinity for special attacks. I've seen both pokemon used to great effect, and I can only imagine that they would be deadly together.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Hah, I'm not one for competitive battling, although, I think I want to start a new game on Diamond yet again and learn. My friend says he has an unbeatable Breloom and I personally love Breloom's awesome looks, so I might try and get me one of those. <:

Plus, have a Latias on my team, and some of my other personal favourites 8D

Yeah, my friend has a good Breloom too. xD Spore + Focus Punch = deadliness. When you start Diamond again, don't worry too much about the competitiveness until after you beat the E4, since EV training will be very difficult without access to the northern islands.

Shouldn't we all have a Lati on our team? This is the Lati fanclub if I recall correctly! xD

What pokemon would you use to team up Latios or Latias in tag battles?

Hmmhmm. Latias offers great special defense and decent special attack, and is the psychic and dragon types. Scared by ice, dragon, bug, ghost, and dark.

Fighting would take care of ice and dark, but be useless against ghost. Fire would hit ice and bug for super-effective, and work normally against everything else but dragon. Steel would resist everything, and hit everything normally. That being said, if I were going solely on the basis of typing, Heatran would be my only choice. However, I'd worry about opposing pokemon with good special defense and good normal attack, as neither Heatran nor Latias specialize in taking down things that have those traits.

Which brings me to my answer: Lucario. He's part fighting and part steel, both of which would be advantageous as I mentioned earlier. He mops up as a normal sweeper, and would balance out Latias' affinity for special attacks. I've seen both pokemon used to great effect, and I can only imagine that they would be deadly together.

You know, it's really funny that you say that, because I've just been raising a Lucario myself, and I think it's pretty good! Here's how it is so far:

Lucario

Lv.65

Nature: Timid

EVs: 4 HP/252 S.ATK/252 SPD

HP: 177
    ATK: 133
    DEF: 105
    S.ATK: 203
    S.DEF: 112
    SPD: 185

I think he'll complement Latias nicely, don't you?

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    You're pushing for a special sweeper, which is fairly common since Lucario's base special attack is a bit better than his base regular attack, but that's kind of why I ruled out Heatran. Latias' expertise is special attack and defense, so I would be more prone to select a physical Lucario than a special one to balance out the duo.

It really all comes down to choice, though. With two special attackers you can beat down pokemon with bad special defense faster, but you'd have trouble if the opposition had great special defense (especially if both opposing pokemon had great special defense). If you had one pokemon to take care of each type of defense then you could damage both equally well, and I think that type of team would be the more adaptable of the two choices.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    True. I was actually pushing for a special Lucario to counter his physical weaknesses (fighting and ground), which typically have lower SP.DEF stats for when he fights alone. Then I also realized he'd be a good compliment for Latias. Together, they actually have fairly good sweeping capabilities (Lucario has Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Psychic, and Calm Mind btw) to take out a large variety of opponents.

We'll see, in order to find the Timid Lucario, I had to go through about 2 dozen eggs, so I might find another I can raise to be a physical sweeper. xD

~~~

Also, I'd just like to make an announcement that at the end of this week I'll be taking a summer class (that I'll be staying at) at Stanford, so I won't be home for around three weeks (like around the 13th of July or something). So please while I'm gone just keep things going, and I suppose our active co-owners Maddy amd ~Rene~ will keep things in order. If they have free internet use there, though, I'll be sure to keep in touch! ;D

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Heh, I'll read the above properly when I'm better at this... competitive battling thing.

OH GOD WHAT? IT'S NEXT WEEK?

Dangit Kai, I was hoping to talk to you on the weekend! Well, I'll be gone for a week a week after that to a Forensics Science Camp as a controller, so, err, here's notice!

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Heh, I'll read the above properly when I'm better at this... competitive battling thing.

OH GOD WHAT? IT'S NEXT WEEK?

Dangit Kai, I was hoping to talk to you on the weekend! Well, I'll be gone for a week a week after that to a Forensics Science Camp as a controller, so, err, here's notice!

LOL YA IT IS!

So, yeah, like I said, I'm not gone yet, xD but I'll be here 'till the end of the week. While I'm here, I'd like to show you guys something amazing..

I'm pretty sure it's ACTUAL OFFICIAL ARTWORK FOR THE LATIS (besides what we've already seen)!
    I'm not sure where it's from though. Based on the character, could it be Pokémon Ranger or something?

The copyright date is fairly old, so maybe it isn't, yet I've never seen this image! :0
    Anyone have any ideas?

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Good lord...Latias' eyes look completely different. Anyways, I think that's one of the gym leaders from the Ruby and Sapphire games. Can't quite remember which one though. I think she was a water user, which makes sense.

There was probably a plot element that they decided not to include. That sets me to wondering what it was.

The artwork aside, I'm finishing my latest chapter for my fanfic tonight. I'd have gone four months tomorrow without a new one, and that would just kill me. Yes, this is actually going somewhere: while writing, I listen to a lot of music, and I have derived a topic from that:

What kind of music would Latios and Latias listen to, repectively?

The answer's fairly simple for me: Trance (techno) music would be it for the both of them, which is what I listen to while writing. I've always imagined the Latis listening to this kind of stuff, changing their body color with the pace of the song and pulsing with the bass.

Horizon Knight

HOORAY, I'M BACK WITH A VENGEANCE. Now that the school year and its rigorous exam schedules are finished, I can finally return to my good Internet friends/acquaintances here at the PokeCommunity! Catching up with all of the Fanclub's discussions after a two-month absence might take a while, so I apologize in advance for this somewhat lengthy post. Let's see...

Nice Latias fanart, Horizon Knight. And good answers you have too. Did you draw it?

~Rene~ :t025:

Yep! All hand-made with Adobe Photoshop 7, an Adesso graphics tablet, and a good chunk of time on my hands! I even have the original Lati sketches (with added contrast)!

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Paradoxically, I've just come across some pictures of the Latis in the PokéSpecial manga, have a look!

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0
    <- The bottom two are some of Latias's human forms!

Credits to Netkun.com

EDIT: Big news guys (for me at least)! Upon sorting the forums by replies, I've found out that we are in the top 5 threads in the Mixed Community Groups section with the most replies! Thanks for the support everyone! 8D

Yeah, the PokeSpecial manga is the best among all Pokemon mangas; my favorite's the Red, Green, and Blue Chapter. I haven't had the chance to read the Emerald PokeSpecial, though. I'm curious as to how the manga expands upon the Latis and why they're hanging around a person like Emerald...

Congrats, Ratiasu-kun! We're in the Top Five! Do you know which threads are ahead of us?

Quite interesting indeed.

Well, I could try drawing the Lati's but after my horribly failed attempt at drawing Lucario a few months ago, I'm not sure if I can do it well enough...

I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to drawing.

Ha ha, I'm guilty of perfectionism, as well; that's why a lot of my artwork takes a long time to make. But don't worry about not doing it well enough! Not only can art be practically anything nowadays (have you seen British artist Damien Hirst's most famous piece of art?), but I speak for the Fanclub when I say that any member's fanart is fantastic fanart! Just find a quiet place, keep your feet on the ground, swallow your doubt, and draw. Remember, the hardest part of art is the beginning; after that, you're in the Art Zone, and everything else is easy!

One last pic before I head off for the night, here's one of the first pics I've drawn of Latias AND Latios in a LONG time, especially regarding any good pic of Latios. I've been wanting to replace that image on the front page for a long time, since I've greatly improved since then:

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Agreed, your art is definitely improving! I especially enjoy the coloring and the subtle motion blur effect. It will certainly fit right at home at the front page of the Fanclub!

Onwards to some of the discussion topics!

What do you think of the Latis' appearence in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Yeah, I haven't played SSBB, but gameplay videos have convinced me of its awesomeness. I never would have thought that so many Pokemon would make an appearance in the game! Latios and Latias definitely look cool as their own trophy and even cooler in action. My only complaint is their incessant chirping during battle; it gets a bit annoying after a while.

Which Lati, if it were possible, would succumb to evil intentions more quickly, and what would you do if faced with an "evil" Lati?

I'm with the majority opinion here; Latias's naivety would make her more susceptible to "dastardly shenanigans." However, since it would be easy to convert Latias to the Dark Side, I would think that it would be just as easy to reconvert Latias to the Light Side. Like through a cookie or something. And Latios would always be by her side to serve as a sort of check on her position on the Good/Evil Spectrum, so the threat of an evil Latias would be highly improbable.

Besides, the most an evil Latias would do is cause as much discomfort as possible without actually hurting anything or anyone. Her most prominent diabolical scheme would compose of hoarding all of those free food samples they have at grocery stores. Oh, and she'd wear a monocle.

Which Pokemon would you use to team up with Latios or Latias in tag-team battles?

I'm not a huge participant of tag-team battles, but I'm with txteclipse regarding Lucario. I like to partner up my Lucario, Lucy, with my Latias, Rikku. Lucy's got a fantastic Special Attack, and added with Rikku's great Special Defense, they're quite the team! The two also help to cover each other's weaknesses, so I'm pretty satisfied with this tag-team strategy.

What kind of music would Latios and Latias listen to, respectively?

Since Latios is the more serious Pokemon, I would think that he'd listen to classical music, especially that of Italian composer Antonio Vivaldi (remember, Altomare is based on Venice!). As for Latias, I would imagine that she'd listen to peppy, more mainstream music, probably of all sorts of varieties depending on what type of flying music she'd like!

ONE BIG, FAT FINAL NOTE: Thanks for all of the comments on my last piece of fanart! I hope there aren't any objections to some more fanart, this time involving Latios and, well, a different Nintendo DS game. I'm quite proud of it, but in hindsight, maybe I should have made it more related to Pokemon. Oh, well.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Hope this post hasn't hurt your eyes too much...Anyways, it's great to be back, and I look forward to whatever the Fanclub has in store next!

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

The answer's fairly simple for me: Trance (techno) music would be it for the both of them, which is what I listen to while writing. I've always imagined the Latis listening to this kind of stuff, changing their body color with the pace of the song and pulsing with the bass.

Which, coincidently, is Kai's favourite type of music. :0 And I agree with you, techno. And Jazz xPP

LOL YA IT IS!

So, yeah, like I said, I'm not gone yet, xD but I'll be here 'till the end of the week. While I'm here, I'd like to show you guys something amazing..

I'm pretty sure it's ACTUAL OFFICIAL ARTWORK FOR THE LATIS (besides what we've already seen)!
    I'm not sure where it's from though. Based on the character, could it be Pokémon Ranger or something?

The copyright date is fairly old, so maybe it isn't, yet I've never seen this image! :0
    Anyone have any ideas?

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

OH GOD WHERE DID YOU FIND THISSS?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years

XD Took you guys long enough, I've seriously had that artwork in my Lati@s tournament thread like... forever. XD I don't know about him, but I found the incredible image on photobucket. :)

On another note;
    What the...? I know for a fact I posted wishing to join a really long time ago. Guess PC database ate it. XD

I'd like to join if it's alright with you guys. :D

Horizon Knight

What the...? I know for a fact I posted wishing to join a really long time ago. Guess PC database ate it. XD

Hi, BeachBoy! First off, thanks for my first-ever Reputation comment on my last post! Second off, I'm not an official representative of the Fanclub's executive board, but I think I can say that there's no reason why you can't join the Fanclub. Not sure why the PC Database would "eat" one of your posts, though...

Therefore, welcome to the Fanclub...again!

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Good lord...Latias' eyes look completely different. Anyways, I think that's one of the gym leaders from the Ruby and Sapphire games. Can't quite remember which one though. I think she was a water user, which makes sense.

There was probably a plot element that they decided not to include. That sets me to wondering what it was.

The artwork aside, I'm finishing my latest chapter for my fanfic tonight. I'd have gone four months tomorrow without a new one, and that would just kill me. Yes, this is actually going somewhere: while writing, I listen to a lot of music, and I have derived a topic from that:

Yeah, it does seem like she looks a little different, doesn't she? And then Latios looks exactly the same. xD You're probably right, there was probably something they were going to do that they didn't have maybe the memory for in Ruby/Sapphire possibly. The date says 2002, which is before R/S came out.

Hmm... about the topic.. Funny, I love trance too. xD I listen to it whenever I draw! I think Latias would like either that or maybe something more mystical, involving like harps and cool echo effects. :3 Latios? You know, when it comes to music, I'll bet their interests are pretty similar! The only thing I can think of is maybe he likes some guitars in there. : D

Speaking of trance, have you ever heard of the band Dogzilla?

[long stuff lol]

I'll save the trouble of quoting everything, and just stick to my replies. XD

First off, welcome back! All this time, it seemed like the club was missing something .. I suppose we were getting a little empty. XD

No matter how many times I look at your art, I have to say that your Latis have the most personality than any others I've seen, and that's no joke! I'm loving them (and the Phoenix Wright one XD) and definitely keep it up!

I can't remember which 4 clubs are above us right now off the top of our head, but I believe the shinyhunters club (duh) and the Misty club are currently leading us.

Again, nice to see you back! It's a shame that I have to leave for three weeks right after you come back! ^^;

Which, coincidently, is Kai's favourite type of music. :0 And I agree with you, techno. And Jazz xPP

Trance rulez! :0 lol

See below for that. XD v

XD Took you guys long enough, I've seriously had that artwork in my Lati@s tournament thread like... forever. XD I don't know about him, but I found the incredible image on photobucket. :)

On another note;

LOL SAME HERE! I just idly searched for Latias in Photobucket for a while, and something passed me by and I had to see it! Lo and behold, the lost official image of Latios and Latias!

Boy, don't we love the PC server? XD Sorry it seems that the request never got through, but nothing's stopping us from adding you now! Welcome!!

Anyways, this will probably be the last post I make before leaving for three weeks, unless I become really obsessive tomorrow morning :0 .. So as I said before, Keep things from crashing down when I'm gone, and look to your co-owners if you need anything! If we get free internet time over there, I'll be sure to use it. ;D

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Hmm... about the topic.. Funny, I love trance too. xD I listen to it whenever I draw! I think Latias would like either that or maybe something more mystical, involving like harps and cool echo effects. :3 Latios? You know, when it comes to music, I'll bet their interests are pretty similar! The only thing I can think of is maybe he likes some guitars in there. : D

Speaking of trance, have you ever heard of the band Dogzilla?

I listen to trance when I draw and also when I write. It makes certain things less boring, like coloring my lineart. Anyways, I know what you all mean when you say Latias and Latios would like a bit of classical music (or mystic, as R-K put it). I've appointed "Adagio for Strings" by DJ Tiesto as Latios' theme music (yeah, I have a specific theme song for a lot of pokemon), but I haven't settled on anything for Latias yet. Look up that song on youtube if you're so inclined, but I must warn you that it's remixed badly in most of the videos you'll find.

And yes, I've heard of Dogzilla, but I haven't listened to any of their music. *Wanders off to youtube to check them out*

*Wanders back* They sound pretty cool. I'm usually not a huge fan of vocal trance, but sometimes I like it and this is fine by me. Also worth checking out are Daft Punk (a bit old school but currently my favorite group in existence), Justice (sounds like Daft Punk but after the tracks have been smashed into tiny bits and hit with a few nuclear bombs), Ratatat (awesome guitar- and drum-driven trance), and Tiesto as I mentioned earlier (commonly viewed as the best trance artist of all time).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

On another note;

Why hello there stranger xD

Yes, seems that happens ... well, welcome to the club anyways. C:

SPEAKING OF WHICH, I need to draw more Latis. D:

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    So do I...good thing I just bought the newest version of the program I use to draw! PhotoImpact X3 is its name; giving me photoshop-like tools at roughly an eighth of the price is its game. Combined with Manga Studio, I should be pounding out some fanart rather shortly.

Last edited:

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    This thread is dead-tastic. Maybe a bump for some fanart will liven it up? Not quite on par with RK, but here ya go:

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Sorry if that's huge, but there have been some fairly large image posts already and no one has complained, so I'm assuming no one is having trouble with download speeds. If you actually are having trouble with this, just tell me and I'll link-a-fy it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back