• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [IC][T]

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
\\Nirvana/Nightmare - Col 1800//
\\Level 11 - Health 68%//
\\Town of Beginnings//

Nightmare had made it back to town fairly easily by staying in <Hiding> for most of the trip, though he exited <Hiding> once he was in town. Monsters that relied on vision didn't attack him and many of the other players had already turned to the inns to sleep. Now Nightmare was looking for a place to stay. He needed a place that could keep him from being vulnerable, but Nightmare wanted a challenge. While walking down the main streets he glanced towards the second floor of several buildings, often picking inns, to see if a window was possibly open. Most of the windows were closed, but one in particular was open, but it was easily one of the most crowded areas of the street. Nightmare licked his lips before returning to his <Hiding> state. Carefully, he moves through the group like an assassin making his way to a target. No one seemed to notice him, at least he didn't notice anyone noticing him. By now he was directly under the window. At first glance it looked quite difficult to climb, but a little intuition proved otherwise. There were little spots that could be grabbed all over the wall, but the first was nearly out of reach and would require a good jump. Nightmare lept towards the first hand hold, barely getting his hand on the outcropping. At first it seemed all was going fine, but Nightmare wasn't prepared to use purely upper body strength to climb. His grip slipped and he fell back to the ground. He went back for another attempt. This time he didn't wait to go for the next hand hold and it proved significantly more successful. Now he continued to climb the wall inching ever closer to the window. As far up the wall as he was now he could use previous hand holds as foot holds, which made his climb easier and more stable. Finally he reached the window, but the sight was sorely disappointing. What was thought to be an occupied room was actually an empty room with a closed door and a simple bed. Nightmare, now slightly miffed, hopped into the room, closed the window behind him, and walked over the door to check the lock. It was unlocked, so naturally he locked it. The events of the day had become apparent when he realized how tired his body was. He walked over the bed and literally collapsed onto the covers. Silence gripped the room and Nightmare had fallen asleep.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

New Ic Day

December 23th

"It's december 23th, one day before christmas eve. There might be players who have noticed the occasional fainting by players. This has been happening more often and players look like to be "offline" even though this is entirely impossible. There are rumors that when a player goes "offline" he or she is being moved to a hospital in the real world. Player that are "offline" can't be player killed. They can be moved, however, only by players who are in their friend list.

There are also rumors that 4 players by the name "Lucina", "Shiren", "Godot" and "Robin" have found the boss room. Saito, the person from the speech, says that they are beaters and refused to share their information with him. It's the player's choose if they believe that or not, there are a lot of player's who don't believe the rumors but are indeed curious why the information hasn't been shared yet.

Have fun!"

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Nideous- level 12
Floor 1- Town of Beginnings
HP: 100%
Weapon: Ornate Long Saber
Armor: Leather Cuirass

"It's december 23th, one day before christmas eve. There might be players who have noticed the occasional fainting by players. This has been happening more often and players look like to be "offline" even though this is entirely impossible. There are rumors that when a player goes "offline" he or she is being moved to a hospital in the real world. Player that are "offline" can't be player killed. They can be moved, however, only by players who are in their friend list.

There are also rumors that 4 players by the name "Lucina", "Shiren", "Godot" and "Robin" have found the boss room. Saito, the person from the speech, says that they are beaters and refused to share their information with him. It's the player's choose if they believe that or not, there are a lot of player's who don't believe the rumors but are indeed curious why the information hasn't been shared yet.

Have fun!"

Nideous sighed and closed the message. Some people had found the boss room? Meh... The faster that he could find an exit the faster he could end this nightmare for everyone. Why weren't those players sharing their info? But... Could he trust the message? And the news of players going offline was disheartening too... Just what was going on here? It was evident that he would get no answers here. So... He sighed and got to his feet, and pulled his sword belt on. He pulled up the message menu again and typed out a message to the one man as capable as he in this town.

Hey Shen, it's Nid. have you read it yet? Some players have found the boss room, but they won't share the information. I was thinking of looking for them and finding out why they wouldn't. Want to come along and help? I know you're looking for members for your guild, so if you do want to come i'll join your guild, k? What do you say, sound like fun?

When he tried to send it, he blinked. The message didn't go through. Instead, he got an error message.

The message could not be sent. This player does not exist or has been deleted. Please confirm that the name has been spelled correctly and try again.

What? WHAT?! Shentso... Was DEAD!? Oh god, how? Why!? What a bother. So many people dying. He had to stop this mess now before anyone else got hurt. He strolled down to the lobby of the inn and to the message board, and put up a message.

I am going to try and find the boss room, or those four players that found it already. I don't know why they won't share, or even if the message that was sent out this morning is true, but someone has to find the boss room. I'll be leaving for the dungeon later today. If you would like to come with me, send me a message. And Lucina, Shiren, Godot, and Robin, I would please like to talk with you.
-Nideous

That ought to do it. He didn't want a fight with them, but he had to find the truth out for himself. Hopefully they would respond. Nideous went and sat down, and pulled out his violen, beginning to tune it idly, waiting for a message.

DeathofShadows

The Brightest Darkness
Years

Shadow
hp_css_thingy_by_deathofshadows1928-d6eu918.jpg

Stats:
Spoiler:

Equipment:
Spoiler:

Inventory:
Spoiler:

Floor One
Town of Beginnings

Stretching as he got out of bed, Shadow walked over to the window, watching the sunrise. Even though he knew it was all digital, a part of him actually wanted it to be. He strapped on his gear, and prepared to leave, food on his mind.

Shadow grabbed the closest equivalent that the nearest diner had to on-the-go food, which turned out to be a sandwich of sorts. Taking this, Shadow began heading for the market, hoping to get some upgraded gear before heading to the dungeon. If what the reports said were true, that the boss room had been found, he wanted to be there to scout out the area first.

He got to the market fairly early, early enough for there no to be many people, and Shadow perused the various stalls for anything of use. He spotted a chain shirt in one of the armories, but was instantly crestfallen when he saw the price. Too much. He settled for a sturdy round shaped wooden shield, which was banded with iron to boost its durability. He also purchased a fairly good one-handed sword, which, according to the shopkeeper, was the best blade money could buy. It took the rest of his col to purchase it, but as he saw the weapon's stats, he was glad he did.

Redemption
One handed sword
-Attack +10
-Defense +5
-boosts EXP gain when equipped

Shadow grinned as he equipped his new items, and finished off his sandwich in two more bites. Done with this, Shadow set off to the gate, the floor's dungeon his goal.

CSS by DeathofShadows

Last edited:

Dements

What the duck?
Years
Ghost
Level 15
Health 100%
Floor 1 Town of Beginnings

The sky was shining bright as Ghost was laying on the roof of an Inn watching the sunrise. Ghost sat up looking out into the town while he stretched out. I hope he is still in there. Ghost stood up and walked to the edge of the three story Inn looking down to see some people already walking around. Ghost looks at his ring he has on saying to himself,

"I sure hope this works." Ghost says as he jumps off the Inn landing on the ground falling to one knee.

Some people became startled by the random guy coming out of no where. Ghost ignored everybody's comments while he got up and walked into the Inn. Ghost walked up the stairs to the room he rented. Ghost then unlocks the door and walks up to the bed grabbing it by the bottom of the mattress and flipping the bed over.

"Get up. I need to talk to you." Ghost says.

Sapphire Rose

Years

Lucina
Player level 14
Floor 1: Dungeons

Too much happened at once as Lucina started to feel dizzy. She couldn'nt focus on the conversation anymore and putted Siren back to the ground. She moved both her hands to her head and started to see everything double. The only thing she understood from the conversation now was that the player "Turnip" was defending himself from the fact that Godot and Robin thought that it was suspicious to wear something that hid your whole face. Lucina agreed to that but she was doing the same thing as well. She had been hiding her face from everyone but Godot, Robin, Shiren and now Princess too.

Godot told the group that they should return to the town and that he was going to stay here. Lucina didn't reply on that as she was busy trying not to faint. "Guys... I don't feel so well..." Lucina murmered. She was worried about her status but remembered a rumor she had heard not long ago. Players were going "offline" when they were moved to hospitals in the real world.

Lucina glanced at Shiren, then Robin and then Godot before she felt herself falling from her feet. Before she hit the ground she thought about several things. Was going "offline" the same as a coma? How was she going to help Shiren while she was "offline"? She heard it would only take a few hours but there wasn't a worser time to go "offline" than now. Lucina closed her eyes as her body hit the ground with half of her face exposed.

Lucina was "offline" now.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
992966_377652172340441_1555891423_n.jpg
Maria Renée {Princess}
Guild: The Flaming Blade
Level: 12

Maria yawned as she opened her eyes staring up at the ceiling. Last night she had said a hurried good night to the others before making her way to Tolbana Town. What happened after that? she thought sitting up and stretching her arms above her head brushing a hand through her hair, which was matted from sleep. "Princess you awake!" Poseidon's voice called out to her. That's right, I made it to the inn the guys told me about and was immediately smothered by my worried guild mates. she thought swinging her feet over the side of the bed. Because of her size she had to jump from the bed to the floor. "Princess? If you don't answer I'm coming in, I know the door is unlocked" she heard Poseidon again.

"I'm awake don't worry. I'll be downstairs in a few minutes!" she called out to him yawning again. She put her lavender colored armor back on and looked at it with a frown. I need new armor she thought fixing her hair. Once she looked like she hadn't just gotten up Maria left her room and headed downstairs spotting her guild-mates right away.

"Morning Princess" the three boys chimed as she took a seat and a plate of rice was placed in front of her.

"Morning guys" Maria responded with a timid smile as she ate her food. Not that it really did much for her anyway.

"What are you doing today?" Zeus asked her.

"and before you complain yes after what happened last night we will want to know were you are just in case something like that happens again." Psyche chimed in.

Maria sighed. "I start work at noon, 120 col an hour and I'll just be playing my flute. Not sure what time I finish"

"okay Princess just let us know when you find out, also, any wages you get don't need to be shared among the guild okay. It's only quest and dungeon loot" Psyche said as they finished eating and Zeus payed. "now want to head to the dungeon for a bit? We'll keep track of the time"

"S-Sure" she said standing up and following her guild out of Tolbana Town and towards the dungeon.

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Robin - Lvl 10
Floor 1: Dungeons

This was getting somewhere. Nirvana just left with a few words for Godot, Godot was gonna keep an eye on dotcom, & Turnip...was being Turnip, though he could tell the look Robin was giving him. Robin figured the party wasn't taking help from PKers. Might be a wise decision, but Robin still wondered if it was the right choice. Frankly, Robin was okay with any decision. Saving a life, protecting a life, all that stuff. It's what he feels like doing. It makes him feel helpful in a way.

So that's that then. Godot, earlier, lectured Robin a bit about communication. Not that same as his father this time, but well worth thinking about. Still, trying to communicate with anybody, women the most, is so embarressing. Moving on... "Well, if we're going back, then-" Robin began spoking, until he saw Lucina fall to the ground. That is not good. What could've happened to her all of a sudden? Was it the work of Nirvana? No, that offline status is above her. Perhaps she's...

Robin hastily picks up Lucina, to his displeasure with that light blush again, & looks at Godot's direction. "I'll take her back to Tolbana Town. You just...keep them busy or whatever," Robin says only theses words & nothing more. He didn't know what Godot intended to do with the PKers, but perhaps Robin will trust him on this & leave any fighting to him. Lucina needs to be at an inn until she wakes up. He runs off quickly, avoiding any obstacles along the way.

-

The inn at Tolbana Town. Robin payed for a room & set Lucina into bed. To think, she was actually a female, & he had to drag her back. So embarressing. For now though, he should keep an eye on her until the morning. Eventually, she'll wake up. This leaves one question: Why does she hide her gender?

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022

Suisei Lv. 12
@ 1st Floor
Forest Dungeon

Suisei rubbed his eyes as he lay in the grass and was greeted by a growl. He chuckled to himself as he yawned and lay down, looking up through the hole and grinned at the wolves. They were no match for him even if they got into the pit, and he was glad he had managed to find a safe spot of the dungeon, although it was by accident. He landed on his head at the bottom of the 10 foot deep hole and barely had any choice in the matter of being inside in the first place, but once he made it inside, he decided to spend the night and his judgement turned out to be well placed although it was foolish to try.

Groggily, he got to his feet and rested on his sword, leaning on it and putting all of his weight down on it. He was tired... and it felt almost as if he was living in a dream. Clenching his fist, he pulled it out of the ground and jump-kicked himself from wall to wall until he made it out of the hole. As soon as he escaped he began hacking and slashing with almost no care in the world, lazily and calm. Finally, he cleared off the pack of Wolves. Checking all of his stats, he saw that his sword's durability was low and he was halfway to leveling up. He fell on his rear and decided to take another quick break. He was feeling drained for some reason, maybe it was grief. He had never truly sat down to think until now.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
(GRAH! My post is so lack-luster!)

Taka: The Lovable Poet
A Camp in the Great Plains

Taka awoke to a bright morning sun shining down on his face. He rolled off of his sleeping mat and pressed himself off of the ground, standing up to his full height. He reached behind his head and undid the small band holding his ponytail together. Not seconds later his full mane came cascading down his back. Ahhhhh that feels good! Taka was never one to be hindered. He can't be caged! He has to be a free bird! He needs to fly! He rolled up his sleeping mat and placed it back into his inventory with a light flash and sparkly stuff. He had a place to be. There were thing he had to do. There was a lady somewhere out there that needed his arms. A lady that he could love forever. "TODAY IS A BEAUTIFUL DAY!" Taka cried aloud to nobody in particular. Today! Today is the day! Today is the day that I will find my princess! Today! Today! Today! He let out a jovial laugh and quickly cleaned up his campsite and looked off into the distance in all directions. To the northwest he could see Beginner City, but that's not where he was going. Beyond that lied Horunka Village. That wasn't his destination either. No. This man was destined for Tolbana Town! That is where the strongest of the strong are! That is where he will find action! Adventure! Love! Tolbana Town was sure to be his first step on his journey to greatness! All he had to do take the journey west! He would soon be counted among the great warrior poets that he was destined to become!

Taking his first step, Taka took a deep breath. He knew that he could die, he knew that he might never return to the real world, and he knew that he might never find his princess, but that would not stop THIS brave warrior! He would fight to the end! To protect his friends! To destroy evil! To break the curse off of this place! Letting out a jovial laugh, yet again, he began walking to the west. It was there he would find Tolbana Town. He pulled his lute from his inventory and began to play as he walked. "The evil crowds around us, it wants us all gone and dead, but there are those among us who will remove the villains' heads! To good and light they will be true, to the end they will see this through! Our heroes they shall be to us, fighting with a stab and a thrust! Oh heroes they will be! The greatest of them all will surely be ME!" It's said that music helps pass the time during long journeys, and at the end of the series of songs, he was almost there, and it was still early in the morning. "Well all be damned...Time DOES go faster with song!" The jovial laugh he gave was beginning to be a common thing with this man. Returning his lute to his inventory, he drew Poetic Justice from its sheath on his back. The long blade was easily five feet long, give or take a few inches, and the hilt added another foot to that. 'Twas truly a magnificent blade, shining in the morning sun. It would easily be half an hour before he reached his destination. Before he reached adventure.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
William Danielson||Godot
Lv. 11||Floor 1 - Dungeons

Godot put on a small smile and nodded at Robin. Not one bit of enmity was found in Robin's words, and that satisfied him. After Robin departed, Godot put on his stern demeanor and stared at the PK for about as long as he thought it would take for Robin to get away. Then, once a sufficient time had passed, he pulled his sword out of the ground and sighed. He sheathed his sword and put himself against the dungeon walls.

He lazily turned to dotcom, and then to Turnip, and said, "So I'm planning on staying here for a little while longer. I'll probably make some food outta what I kill, if you guys are hungry. I only need a few more EXP until my next level." Then, Godot turned all of his attention to dotcom and said, "Oh, and dotcom, I don't have anything against you. This whole ordeal wasn't personal, but when it comes to them," he motioned in the direction of the way out of the dungeons, "I can't be too careful." Godot pushed himself off the wall and gripped his sword. "Anyway, I'm off. It was nice meeting you guys."

With that, Godot raised his hand, as if to give a gesture of departure, and dashed into another part of the Dungeons.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
\\Nirvana/Nightmare - Col 1800//
\\Level 11 - Health 100%//
\\Town of Beginnings//

The morning started off with a bang. No, literally a bang. Someone had come in and flipped the mattress off the bed frame throwing Nightmare onto the hard floor. The sound echoed through the room. The person that flipped the bed looked at Nightmare with complete seriousness and even had the nerve to say he "needed to talk." If Nirvana had been dealing with things the following probably wouldn't have happened.

Nightmare lept up from the floor weapon in hand. He moved to put himself between the door and the person all while maintaining an offensive stance. It had been Nightmare's intentions to torture this fellow for waking him against his will. Granted, you couldn't damage a player in a safe zone, but it didn't stop a player from attacking or inflicting pain. He readied his plan of attack, being sure to scope out his target. He noticed that the player's name was Ghost, but that wasn't what caught his attention. A more important piece of information was right next to his name; his level. It was 15, 4 levels higher than his own. This struck at Nightmare's curiosity, almost making him lower his guard. What would a green player with such a high level want from a killer like Nightmare? It just didn't make sense. Nightmare decided that the best course of action would be to carefully humor this Ghost.

"So, what is it that you want from me?"

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Taka: The Lovable Poet
To Adventure and Beyond!​

Taka strode through the gates of Tolbana Town with the look of jubilous stress from all of the waiting. There had been nothing but boars and wolves on the way to the town, and they all had their taste of Poetic Justice. Being a man of action, he was happy to destroy the pests, but it was getting old. They weren't worth using his Sword Arts on. He could just bust 'em up. Sheathing his blade back on his back, he looked around. It was obviously the most important town on the first floor. Ah! The perfect place for a hero, such as me, to start a journey! Letting out the fifteenth jovial laugh of the day, he moved forward, taking great strides and utilizing quick feet. Looking around he noticed several players who were no more than a level 1, and some who were barely stronger than that. It seemed that they had all cowered in fear instead of fighting. Taka couldn't blame them. There was much to fear in a world created by the Madman. Approaching the fearful players, he gave them a bright smile and a thumbs-up. "Have no fear, friends! Take heart, and we will all get through this! I swear it upon my honor!" Taka didn't know if it would lighten their hearts, but it seemed that at least one of them was smiling. "My friends, just stay strong and we will be home once again!" Taka didn't know if he WANTED this to be over though. Here, there was excitement! Here there was the chance to be hero! Here....Here....Here was a magnificent place.

About fifteen minutes later, he exited a restraunt. Taka had eaten his fill within moments, and he was ready to do some dungeoneering. He knew that he was strong enough to fight any enemy on the first floor but the boss. The boss had to be defeated, and for that, Taka would need friends. Powerful friends. He didn't mind working with other people, it was the fact that other people minded working with him. Taka knew that it was his constant optimism for matters such as this, but he was willing to look past that. There was good in every person, whether they wanted to believe it or not. Everyone deserves to be judged by a friendly mind, and there were none who were as friendly as Taka! He looked in the general direction of the dungeon and set out. He would meet a group in the dungeon, surely! More specifically, a group willing to work with him! This was his chance to prove that he was a powerful ally! "TO ADVENTURE!" He let out a jovial laugh for the sixteenth time and shouted to the world. "ONWARDS!" He, again, said to no one in particular and charged ahead with Poetic Justice lying on his back, and a smile on his face. Truly, there was nothing that could bring this warrior down!

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
992966_377652172340441_1555891423_n.jpg
Maria Renée {Princess}
Guild: The Flaming Blade
Level: 12

Maria sighed as she drew her daggers and looked at the enemies in front of them. "Not even to the dungeon yet and we ran into wolves" Psyche said as Maria looked nervously at the wolves. "It's okay Princess, we all have faith in you" he added as the boys drew their weapons as well. "Here's the plan there are four wolves four of us. We each get one, loot is shared among us got it"

"yes boss" Zeus replied as each of the boys went to attack one of the wolves leaving one growling at Princess.

I can't do this she thought eyes wide staring at the wolf as it moved closer to her. but...they have faith in me, and....and before I lost Phillip....I could do this....so....does that mean I still can she thought barely jumping out of the way as the wolf pounced at her. After a moment of staring at the wolf Maria made up her mind. I c-can do this! she thought holding her weapons in a tighter grip. A concentrated look formed on her face as she stabbed one of her daggers into the wolf doing some damage and quickly pulling it out. The wolf retaliated by scratching her causing her health to fall 5%. My battle healing skill will take care of that she thought moving backwards.

Once she was far enough away from her target Maria threw one of her daggers, the weapon taking out one of the wolves eyes and dropping it's health more. Jumping to avoid a bite Maria snatched her dagger back from the beast and took a deep breath. From the corner of her eyes she could see Psyche, Poseidon, and Zeus had defeated their enemies and were watching her. Waiting to see if she would need help.

Looking at the wolf as she saw her health go back from 95% to 100% due to her battle healing skill she made her choice on how to finish this. Running at the wolf she jumped at the last second landing on it's back and pushing off from there to jump higher. Turning in the air her daggers turned a deep orange and she flung them as hard as she could at the wolf before she landed on the ground. Nearly falling upon her landing she looked up to see she had defeated the wolf. "Great job Princess" Psyche chimed at her as she picked up her daggers and put them away. "alright let's split this loot guys"

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Turnip
HP 100% | LV. 12 | XP 72% | Col 2855
Location - Floor 1: Dungeons

Turnip was shocked when, suddenly, Lucina fell to the ground with a hard thump.

"Ouch. That looked painful." He noted, though he cursed himself for sounding unintentionally unsympathetic. "I'll take it that wasn't Nirvana back for more, considering that weird "offline" status there. The hell's with that?"

Robin hastily picked up the other player and began to drag them away. Turnip thought the expression on his face probably suited someone trapped in an iron maiden better than someone dragging an ally away, but he mostly ignored it. Robin assured them that he was taking Lucina back to town, and promptly left.

Whelp, not my problem.

Turnip looked back to the other two remaining in the dungeon and noticed that Godot seemed to be glaring pretty harshly at dotcom. Surprisingly enough, though, Godot's demeanour soon changed, and he said,

"So I'm planning on staying here for a little while longer. I'll probably make some food outta what I kill, if you guys are hungry. I only need a few more EXP until my next level. Oh, and dotcom, I don't have anything against you. This whole ordeal wasn't personal, but when it comes to them," he motioned in the direction of the way out of the dungeons, "I can't be too careful. Anyway, I'm off. It was nice meeting you guys."

Turnip laughed lightly, "Yeah, some meeting. I've had less icy situations with lizard men. I went here to grind anyway, so I see no problem with going with you. Never been in these dungeons before, so safety's probably the best policy. I don't think I've got a massive amount to level, either."

And when I do, I'll have a permanent drop to my base THAC0, and hopefully another proficiency point to put into large swords! Because I'm clearly playing Baldur's Gate. Although, if I was level twelve, I'd probably already have grand mastery-

Turnip frowned as his stomach rumbled.

What the? Ugh, this shouldn't happen. My body's full, why should I have to suffer through-? Ah, screw it. I like food. Food's nice.

His tone dropped into negative-enthusiasm, "And yay, food. Why the hell not? It's great."

Turnip made to follow Godot as he made his way into the dungeon.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Taka: The Lovable Poet: Level 13 - 23% Exp - Col 2031
Music + Dungeons = Happy Taka

Taka grinned as he waltzed along the road to the dungeon. There really wasn't that much to see, other than a small group fighting some wolves, some boars just wandering aimlessly, some other wolves that...neede to be destroyed. It's time to battle! Drawing Poetic Justice from his back and held the massive blade out in front of him. "I'll be damned if I let some wolf beat me!" There were three wolves in total, an easy challenge. The first one charged instantly, abandoning caution. When it was feet away, it gave a mighty leap. Taka moved swiftly to the side and brought his blade down on the back of the wolf, destroying it with one blow. He watched it poof away into the air. "Damn right! Your turn!" He turned to the two remaining wolves, who upon seeing their comrades demise, decided to take a more tactical approach. "Ha! Look at you fools, thinking you can beat me, the glorious warrior poet Taka!" Now Taka wasn't exactly arrogant, but these were wolves. Wolves were one of the weakest monsters in the game! The two began to circle him, making feints here and there, and occasionally nipping at his feet. "Bad! Bad doggies!" He swung his blade down as fast as he could, but he only managed to clip its tail, taking out about half its health. The other saw its oppurtunity and leapt at Taka, only to meet the flat of Poetic Justice. Taka had managed to bring up his blade in seconds and held it sideways. The wolf staggered back long enough for Taka to raise his blade and bring the pommel crashing down on the wolf's neck. It disappeared with a bright flash. "Hiyah!" Taka let out a cry of triumph and turned to face the last wolf. It was going to die. With style. Taka leapt up into the air and brought his sword, now glowing green, down in midair. A small chasm opened up and the wolf was swallowed, utterly defeated. Panting, the warrior-poet stood up and sheathed his blade. "See you in Hell!" He gave a thumbs-up to the chasm, now closing up. "Now...To adventure!"

Taka arrived at the entrance of the dungeons moments later. He was a bit tired, so he decided to take a small rest. That was one of my finest fights yet! Surely that will make a great song! The title...The title...What to make the title... He racked his brain for any sign of creativity, but he was met with a blank. I shall find an even greater fight to grace with a song and dedicate to memory. Laughing to himself yet again, he leaned up against a tree near the entrance. He would take a nap, but he was too excited. He was about to enter a dungeon for the first time! There was loot to be had, battles to be won, bosses to be killed! It was all overwhelming for a man who enjoyed adventure as much as Taka! Pulling his wood harp from his inventory, he struck a graceful chord. "Adventure gathers at my door, excitement rings inside! I strike a brave and grandiose chord, and feel the swelling of my pride! The wolves of the wood were no match for me, the boars of the field fell flat!" Taka was getting into his song. He could feel the rush of music coursing through his veins. "The Madman sends his regards and a challenge, I ask him 'Where shall I beat you at?' Oh the darkness won't defeat me, the musical warrior of light. I dare it to try its best, I'll give it a marvelous fight!"

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years

Lucina
Player level 14
Floor 1: Tolbana Inn

A few hours after Lucina went "offline", her body started moving slightly again. Her breathing became normal and she slowly woke up, feeling something soft below her in a result that she knew she wasn't in the dungeons any more. Lucina didn't open her eyes yet but started wondering where she was brought to and by who. How long had she been "offline"? It felt like she had been dead for a few hours or possibly days. It wasn't exactly what you'd call a nice feeling so Lucina pitied the ones that had to go through this process.

She slowly opened her eyes and sat up on the bed. She sighed in relief once she noticed in her menu that she only had been sleeping for one whole night, which meant it was morning now. Lucina looked up to notice Robin right beside her. Seems like he was the one that had brought her here and had watched over her the whole night. Lucina didn't know what exactly to say as this came to a suprise to her. Robin was afraid of woman, right?

"R-Robin..." Lucina said as she didn't know what to say. A slight blush of embarrassement appeared across her cheeks. "Uhmm..." Lucina brought a hand to her mouth and coughed before she continued. "Thank you for bringing me... and i'm sorry for the troubles you might've gotten because of me..." Lucina apologized. She looked up at him once again before the next question popped up into her mind. "Did you watch over me all night? What about your night sleep?" Lucina asked him out of curiosity. Robin probably was tired after watching her all night.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
William Danielson||Godot
Lv. 12||Floor 1

Day broke but Godot couldn't tell. He was riding on exhaustion, fueled by anger. It wasn't quite the surprise Godot liked, trying to send a message to someone only to find that they're no longer in SAO, that they succumbed to a disease that was, as far as Godot cared, a product of the developer's lazy design. Godot departed from the others not long after finding out, and when he did he started to tear away at the monsters of the Dungeons. He didn't sleep. He couldn't. His emotions caused his head to become a tornado of thoughts, feelings, impulses, and necessities, though these things were dominated by the raging torrent of anger and regret that flowed through him. He wasn't even there to see her off.

He fought through the night, gaining the level he strived for and managed to get a good way to thirteen, but it was because of all of the Dashing, Sword Arts, and the time spent there that by the time it was morning, he couldn't even move. It would have been sudden death, as he wasn't even able to escape the attacks of the monsters in the area, but he used a potion to renew stamina. It wasn't much, but it would allow him to ignore his body's impulses for just a little bit longer. He sat against the wall and started eating a piece of bread he'd brought with him.

"Oooh, that looks delicious," said a spry young voice from not far off, "can I have some?" Godot barely looked up, he was too upset from Shiren's death to express emotion or even to acknowledge her. It was the girl from the announcement and Alistair's sister, Kagome. She tilted her head and sat down next to him. "What's eatin' ya, bro?" Godot winced at the "bro" at the end of her statement. This girl was stepping on eggshells, but she didn't seem to mind. Godot found it incredibly curious that, after what happened to Alistair, she would even look at Godot with an air of familiarity. He looked at her, and then he looked back down at the bread, breaking a piece off and handing her some.

"A friend of mine died," Godot started in a low voice, "A good friend." Kagome didn't say anything, nor did she take a bite of her bread, she merely just looked at Godot. "She was so young. I always worried about her, but she had this inextinguishable happiness that persisted through anything and everything. It was as if she could take on any challenge with a smile. And I...I wasn't even there when she passed." Godot clenched his teeth and his fist.

Kagome waited a good while before speaking. "My brother...he was the type who I would worry about all the time before he went missing. He was wild, and I could never tell if he knew his limits. I'm sure he never told you about how he found out about his unique skill, and it wasn't through looking at the skills menu. We were fighting a pack of wolves...there had to be around 10 of them, all of them a little bit stronger than us. Well...let's just say that things didn't end well. We defeated them all, and then a larger, stronger wolf came out. We were out of health potions, and I wasn't as fast as my brother. When the large wolf went to strike, my brother blocked...but his weapon broke and the claws got him." Kagome sighed. "It felt like hours passed before time started to move normally again. I cried, and cried. All the while, I didn't notice that the very wof that killed my brother was gone. And there he was. Al was in front of me with a sword slung on his shoulder and a proud look on his face, saying, 'I'm not going to leave you alone in this world.'"

Godot looked over and started to feel even more guilty. "I...I don't understand why you're telling me this." Kagome looked at him with a warm smile and said, "Because he didn't leave me alone, ever. He kept his promise, and now I have you. My point is, it was that idea that gave me comfort. Sure, maybe it could have been a lie, but the point is, death is a lot less of an enemy when you're given company by comfort. Knowing you, she probably died satisfied, and that's the most you can ask for, right?" Godot remained silent and looked down.

"...You're right. And me moping around isn't going to help anything," Godot said with a small smile. He stood up and said, "There's somewhere I need to go, are you in?" Kagome nodded with a chuckle. Then, with a start, Godot said, "Ah!" remembering that he hadn't checked in on Lucina in a while.

To: Lucina
Subject: ---

Hey, Lucy. Are you okay? You fell out at a rather unfortunate time, so I wasn't able to accompany you guys back to Tolbana. Did Robin get you home okay? He didn't try anything, did he? 'Cause if he did we're gonna have to have a man-to-man talk.

Also, I'm still in the Dungeons. If you're rested enough, come to the door that we found. I'd rather take down this boss sooner rather than later.

Later,​

Godot​

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Turnip
HP 100% | LV. 12 | XP 72% | Col 2855
Location - Floor 1: Dungeons

The attempt to follow Godot was short-lived, as Turnip's eyes were drawn to an area to his right thanks to his miniscule attention span. A corridor stretched in front of him, leading to a safe area. As he moved towards it, though, he noticed something in one of the indents in the wall to his left – a button. He could barely see it, but thanks to his <Night Vision> he could pick out the slight outcropping in the shadow.

The immediate thought to run through his mind was; LOOT! but whether it was or not remained to be seen.

Turnip forced himself to calm down, and then walked up to the indent in the wall. Then, he did what everyone does naturally when confronted with a mysterious button: Press it multiple times until it does something.

There was a deep grinding sound as a portion of the wall in front of Turnip rolled away. He timidly poked his head around the corner to find a small room – obviously intended to be a secret by the developers. Probably wouldn't be too dangerous, as most of the defences were probably in the hiding of the button. Still, there was no reason why it couldn't still be trapped.

"Eeeehh," Turnip groaned, "I need trap detection. What I'd give to be a Fighter/Mage/Thief in this game. Hell, just a Fighter/Mage would do. I don't like this."

Turnip rounded the corner, and gingerly began to walk into the room. It was indeed small, with a little chest at the end. Just a few more steps… step… step… step… step-Clink!

Turnip hit the floor as he heard the pressure plate activate, "AAAUGH SAVE VS. SPEL- huh?" He looked around him to see four doorways open up in the room, two in front of him on either side of the chest, and two to either side. Two skeletons armed with shields and maces stepped out to his sides, and two kobolds with short swords jumped out in front of him, yipping with excitement.

"Oh. It's one of those traps." Turnip noted, relieved. "Thank goodness."

He readied his sword as the mobs advanced on him. They weren't a very high level, actually, so the fight ought not to be difficult. His Sword Arts recharged, so he figured he might as well use them. He swung his sword to his side, activating <Pulse Edge>.

He flung the bastard sword sideways, and a wave of red energy extended from the tip, hitting all four mobs. Turnip took advantage of the recoil from the hit to move up on the skeleton to his right. It flung its mace down at him, but he sidestepped the strike, slashing the skeleton's feet out from under it. As the skeleton fell, Turnip raised his sword above his head, and then brought it down on the skull. It cracked, and Turnip poked it a few more times to ensure the skeleton's death.

Turnip sheathed his sword as he turned, meeting the second skeleton and one of the kobolds. The sword glowed gold, and he immediately unsheathed it on the skeleton – a one-shot, to Turnip's pleasure, such was the power of <Draw Steel>. The kobold stabbed him in the side for meagre damage as the other neared him. Turnip kicked the creature's legs from under it in response.

Turnip remembered fighting kobolds back in Baldur's Gate. Really low-level creatures, almost ridiculously easy to one-shot. Once you got past level two you could pretty much rely on eviscerating them with every hit.

"I exploded your cousins!" Turnip cried, slashing the first kobold to the right, then catching both of them in a swing to the left. He slashed the first one up, killing it, then brought his swing down onto the second, dispatching it as well. As much as he remembered skeletons and kobolds from Baldur's Gate being easy kills, he also remembered that the loot and XP from them was pretty bad. He picked up the measly col and left the useless weapons on the non-existent bodies of the vanquished mobs.

But now, to the real treasure… hopefully.
Turnip waggled his fingers as he went to open the small chest.

Eh… the result could have been better. 350 col, <Leather Cuirass +1>, <Leather Boots>, and some special-ish weapon; <Destructor Hex Mace>. +15 damage, -10 speed, 5% chance to stun target. Probably not worth using for Turnip, even if he used maces at all.

His "Composite Long Bow +1" was a pretty reliable sword as it was, without any real handicaps like that mace had for speed. +3 attack, +4 speed. He should probably invest in a new one, if the opportunity arises – at any rate, though, he should probably sell the mace and that armour.

Turnip exited the small room, which soon closed behind him. He felt his stomach rumble again, but ignored it. On top of that, he could feel himself growing tired.

What, seriously? Fatigue, now? Turnip moaned, This just gets better and better, doesn't it? I mean, seriously, this is a monster killing slashy game, not the bloody Sims. Let me kill to my heart's content, dammit! Ugh, I mean, resting in BG is one thing, but this? It's an MMO for Christ's sake. Stupid feature, my body's pretty much in a coma anyway from what I've heard. If I ever get to Kayaba, I'll make him fix this bloody game before I murder his face off.

Turnip strolled into the safe area, leaning against one of the walls. He planted his sword in the ground and rested on it, then went to sleep. Standing up. Because he can.

- - - Line that marks the passage of time and looks really cool and flashy - - -

Turnip awoke fairly easily, still standing. You have rested for eight hours. He mused. He noticed, to his discomfort, a group of other players talking a little further into the safe area. He hoped they hadn't been there long. He gently lifted his back off of the wall and slinked out of the dungeon.

It was fairly early morning, which was good. He had probably slept around eight hours, after all. His stomach rumbled, again. Turnip looked down and glared at his stomach.

"Alright! Fine." He sighed, "I need to foodenate. That's a word."

Turnip made to leave the dungeons, heading back to Tolbana town. He'd probably find something to eat, and hopefully somewhere to sell that useless loot. He made his way out of the dungeon – Turnip paused for a moment as he heard something,

"…Warrior of light. I dare it to try its best, I'll give it a marvellous fight!"

He spotted the source of the sound; some guy singing and playing the harp. Who played harps?

Ugh, really? A Bard? Who plays as Bards, seriously? They're like Druids, but with worse spells and can't multi-class. Or I'm thinking of Baldur's Gate again, which I am. Anyway, why would you even bloody- UGH, that's just annoying, I'm going to go. Quickly.

Turnip set off at a brisk walk, hoping to get away from the Bard as quickly as he possibly could.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Robin - Lvl 10
Floor 1: Tolbana Town Inn

The next day was another day in Aincrad. Robin saw the virtual sun rise from the horizon, sighing quietly from boredom. Robin was watching over Lucina while she slept to keep her guarded, but since they were safe in an inn, he could catch a few winks of sleep. Keeping guard during the night is usually part of his training, but he at one point he threw it out of his training regime. It didn't help, as it became a habit.

As said, it was the next day. Robin was looking out the window, thinking back about yesterday when he heard Lucina wake up. One glance was all he took before looking out the window again. Lucina thanks Robin for bringing her to the inn, but questions whether he got some sleep or not. Leave it to her to worry about Robin's health. He chuckles once before replying, "I meant to get some sleep, but I kept guard. Old habit. But I did get in a few hours, so it's okay." He taps his right finger over his left hand. They have a clue about the large doors. They just need to actually arrive at said point. Come to think of it, where is Godot? Did Robin leave behind a party member to get killed? If Robin knew his strength, he would know whether Godot would handle himself or not.

Robin looks down & sighs. "I suppose Godot hasn't arrived yet," he states, wondering where he even was. Knowing Lucina by now, she won't let Robin go to the large doors, on account of the strong monsters. He hasn't gone that deep inside the dungeons, but the area before it is his usual training spot. Too bad Lucina won't hear it.

Back