• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
Years
PK'er + Avadecadavra/Death Star = Mass SAO genecide.

On a more uplifting note, I have completed my opening post. What better way is there to introduce a character aside from blatant misunderstanding and surprise attacks?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Sorry to say, Dualik, but Sapph wants you to edit your post. She doesn't want anymore interaction in that group at the moment.

Perplexity

The Crazy One
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
I'm -really- interested in signing up for this RP, as I love SAO. But I had a few questions. When creating a character, are we all still in basic equipment when signing up? Or since time has already passed, can we be established characters that are just now posting? What is the current level cap, is it still 15?

I'm planning on making a PK type character, but I wanted her to use a spear/lance. Would lance be acceptable under the spear 'umbrella'? :3

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Hell yes!

Oh yeah, and also a "yes" to your questions. You can assume the character has made some progress by now. Considering they /just/ got to floor 2, I'd say yeah, probably. You might be able to pass with level 16 because it's been one night on floor two and who knows what he/she has done by then. And yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the best category for a lance.

Perplexity

The Crazy One
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
Neat, I actually just found a really neat picture for my character that involves a spear, so I might just leave her as a spear user. :P

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Perplexity- to be honest, spots are actually full ^^;; but... I'll allow it for this time c: maximum level.is.still 15 though because there are not many here with level 15 or even 14. The basic equipment is not necessary anymore either.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Yeah, I think there's only like one PC at level 16 anyways, though I'm not even sure there are any. Anyway, uh... any feelings at all about what amount of exp gain is suitable?

And Dualik, no need to apologise. You can never have too many puns.

NOT.

EVER.

Ohohoh, I just had an amazing idea. With Turnip's eyes for loot, I imagine he'd have a decent collection of Easter Egg items. Kayaba seems like the sort of creator who would put such things in the game, (I mean, just look at Meister's Soul, even, as awesome in combat as it is) and I'd like Turnip to have a special little dagger. Not a useful dagger by any means - completely useless in combat, in fact - but I get the feeling that such a thing could be put to good use with Turnip and his shenanigous (don't care if that isn't a word) ways. I'm not sure if I'd reveal it in my next post, or leave it as a surprise the next time Turnip runs across a friend... and what a surprise it would be >:)

PS/SD, if you want to know about it, or are generally concerned about it, just say and I'll PM you what the idea is.

Last edited:

Perplexity

The Crazy One
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
Yay, thanks Pink! You're the best! *hugs tightly* One sarcastic and sassy PKer coming up. :3

Edit: Done! Let me know what you think or what needs changing. I wanted to make a PK'er who didn't look like a PK'er, if that makes sense. I fell in love with the image and had to use it. :3

Real Life Name: Elise Vivian Molyneux

In-game name: Valkyrie

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: In contrast with what many might think of her at first sight, Elise is often defined by one word, "Spitfire". Her personality is accurately defined in such a way that her dark wit and sarcasm often lend her to getting herself in trouble with people who take themselves too seriously. In SAO, she almost has a personality of having nothing to lose, so she often acts spontaneously and enjoys SAO to the fullest.

Ever since the accident, she finds herself more of a loner and the notion of having to rely on others pains her. She has no problem assisting others for the right price.

Her personality lends her to be rambunctious and often a bit "zany". Others often refer to her as eccentric in everything she does. Any admission of weakness feels like a failure on her part. Hardness has crept into her personality over time. The type of person who is steely in the face of danger, but will be overcome with a flood of emotions when left alone and nobody can see her cry.

The epitome of a realist, she never succumbs to flights of fancy and is very careful to keep her expectations in check. She does believe that she is typically correct in most matters and enjoys playful bickering with those who disagree with her. Others might misconstrue this as fighting, but to her, it's just her idea of fun.

As much as she desires to push herself and get stronger, she's not afraid to slow down and smell the virtual roses. This world has granted her a second opportunity to do things she never thought possible for her again, and often times, she'll put everything on hold just to stroll through Starter City enjoying the sights and sounds, while trying to find a high paying job of course.

History: Born in the small, rural village of Montbard, France. Elise's early life was much like that of any child around the world. Being an only child, her life was not privileged, but it was comfortable. When she was old enough to be enrolled in school, she often found herself in the middle of the pack. Often labeled as smart enough, but not motivated. No matter how hard she tried, school just never piqued her interest. In fact, she preferred spending her time playing with friends and listening to music. Her passion was music; she loved every nuance and inflection. What she lacked in academic accolades, she made up for in musical memory.

Her parents having witnessed this passion, saw an idea to further inspire their daughter. They immediately enrolled her in violin lessons, and it wasn't long before the shrill screeching of strings turned into melodious music. The ability to hear a song and then play it by memory, it was a skill even she didn't know she had.

Her life continued in this way for some time. Academically mediocre, her social life average, and genuinely happy. She never wanted for anything, sure her teenage years had the usual flare ups and "I hate you" thrown at her parents, but nothing unusual. A dream lived inside her, motivated her to pursue the things she loved. Driven, but only for her passions.

Life has a funny way of changing things however. It was when she was just about to turn sixteen. Her best friend invited her to a party, a simple gathering, nothing special or taboo about it. She was riding her bike to her house, a short ride in a normally calm village. When she was about five minutes from her friend's, a motorist ran a clearly visible stop sign and plowed into her at the crossing. Upon the arrival of the paramedics, her body was discovered mangled and strewn about the road with the guilty motorist weeping gently over her. When she was rushed to the hospital, she flatlined two times on the operating table, each time resuscitation bringing her back.

Waking in a strange room, her arms restrained and IVs running through her. It was truly the most surreal and despondent moment of her life. Listening in stunned silence, the doctors explained her situation. She remembered nothing of the incident, trauma spared her having to relive the moment. The doctors waited a few days before broaching a subject they hoped was just a hunch. Elise was paralyzed from the waist down. Her spinal cord had been severed upon impact, her nerves necessary for walking were rendered inoperable. Barring any new developments in surgical procedures, Elise would most likely be unable to walk for the rest of her life.

A depression set in. For the following two years, nothing mattered to her. No amount of cheering up, no time spent with her music, nothing helped. The doctors assured her this was normal, but that she had to overcome. To live some semblance of a normal life, she had to persevere, but she didn't want to.

Never having a desire to play video games before, she found a new escape. A journey into fantastical worlds and new experiences. Video games became a way of living in a way she thought impossible for her now. Music and video games, the things she would later tell her mother that she lived for. A new product caught her attention, the Nerve Gear Virtual Reality Helmet by Argus and its accompanying new VRMMORPG, Sword Art Online. The news stories surrounding it were amazing and the immersive potential tantalizing. She had to buy it, and she did…

Skills:
- Two Handed Assault Spear
- Battle Healing
- Tracking
- Musical Instrument

Sword arts:

Wrath of the Goddess - Raising her spear heavenward, her feet planted firmly to the ground, a pink aura surrounds her weapon as the attack charges. After two seconds, she slashes her spear in a circle, a wave of electrified pink energy shooting forth in 360 degrees. (Can only be used when health is in the red.)

There can be only One - With a running start, her weapon glows bright blue, almost white. While approaching the target, her image splits into three with only one being the true player. Only she can inflict damage, the illusions just distractions. If damage of any kind is afflicted upon her, the illusion fades.

Level: 15

Code: Link Start​

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Perplexity- Your SU is accepted c: Nice to see some creativity~

I think there was someone who was blind in real life too.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
You can't PK Hono, though. SHE WILL SWOON YOU OUT OF PKING HER AND OUT OF YOUR MONEYS.

I wouldn't recommend trying anything right now, though. She's currently plotting some vengeance against a PKer guild.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Heya! I'm just checking, there's only four points for skills, but are we limited to four? Also, hi everyone, I'll be joining alongside Plex' here :3

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Alrighty. The SU is well under way and should be finished within the hour! (Within the half-hour with any luck).

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
New people!! aaaahhhh

Of course, any of you two can VM me if you want to interact with my own character, Damon. I'm stalling my posts right now and is very free for any kind of collaboration mhm.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Annnnnd that's my SU done! I hope you lot'll like it :3 I'm going to be the second half of Plex's dastardly duo in our attempt to TAKE OVER THE WORLD. *Clears throat* But it's also very nice to meet you guys too :3

Matthias Winston - SU

Real Life Name: Matthias Winston

In-game name: Surge

Appearance: Visual reference:
Spoiler:

Personality: Matthias is an intelligent guy. He sees a problem in front of him and tries to solve it with the means he has at his disposal, this being a specific way to handle a quest, a monster or even another player standing in his way. He can get rather factual, and he likes to keep certain information to himself if he feels it'll benefit himself in the long run. He is definitely not the trusting kind and he prefers to go around on his own.

That's not to say, however, that Matthias doesn't know how to enjoy himself. He can laugh and smile as much as the next guy, but the difficult thing about him, is telling when he's genuinely laughing, and when he's faking it, to better fit in. He can be quite the social chameleon. Deep inside of him, is a boiling anger, mainly towards authority figures, but also against other people whom he might not even know, due to his past, though he manages to keep a lid on it almost all the time.

History: Matthias grew up in a poor family in south England. That is to say, more or less just after he was born, things started going awry for him, his mother and father. Shortly after his birth, Matthias' father broke his back and had to undergo surgery. Thankfully, he was still able to move afterwards, but the operation was insanely expensive and led to his family being forced to save money where they could, including the insurance for their house.

This proved to be a less than smart move, as when Matthias was about four, their house caught fire, and him and his father barely made it out alive. His mother was… less lucky. His father turned to drinking gambling the rest of their money away to try and make back at least some fragment of his previous life, leaving Matthias to start taking jobs at around the age of 13, beginning with a paper route and working his way up, to try and keep himself and his father fed.

This life didn't leave much to spare, and Matthias had to both keep his school and continue working, taking jobs at fastfood joints and the like as he grew older. However, one day, his luck turned as he had won a competition he had signed up to (With a couple extra fake accounts) about entering the beta of the forthcoming, never-before-seen, first VR game: Sword Art Online.

After his time in the beta, he made sure to write everything down he had found out, every single thing that could give him an edge when the game actually launched. He studied his notes relentlessly when he had the time in between school, work, shopping and cooking, and only thanks to his hard work did he make enough money on the side to be able to purchase the game as it came out, even if he was forced to sell one of dad's old bowling trophies. He was going to do that himself anyway was the justification.

However, after everything went awry in the game, Matthias had had enough. His life was a big enough tragedy as it was, and he didn't need the game becoming one as well. He sat on a hill outside of the Town of Beginnings, dagger in hand, contemplating on ending his miserable, scraped-by excuse for a life. But just then, it occurred to him. He only got in here through his own hard work, he'd only made it through –life- due to him working and cheating a little. Nobody as much as lifted a finger to help his family when they fell on hard times. As far as he was concerned, all that mattered right now, was for him to survive and make something out of this mess-up. And he didn't care how, or who got hurt in the process.

Skills: (See the skills list two sections below this one. You need atleast one weapon skill, combat skill and non-combat skill.)
• Dual One-Handed Daggers

• Fishing

• Delay

• Crafting

Sword arts:

Surprise – Thrusting his arms to his sides, his daggers glowing a dark, midnight blue before vanishing, appearing a few moments later behind his foe, backstabbing them with a high chance of a critical hit. (Long cooldown)

Venom Touch – Cutting open one of the pouches at his belt, his daggers are coated in a poison that grants him a temporary damage boost, along with a percentage chance of his strikes being able to paralyze his target temporarily. His daggers glow a deep, dark shaded green when affected by this

Level: 14

Code: Link Start

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
Years
I'm in the same boat as Scyke in this particular matter. My character Joshua is busy getting into pointless scuffles with wolf packs... so if anybody is up for some character interaction then please don't be shy about it. ^-^

Back