• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangamusicfan

The Lost one.
    Years
    Welcome! A napalm Pokémon?! That's crazy, but it totally could work. I like it.

Yes, welcome! I'm signing you up with Gengar since it's in your avatar, does that work?

Also I'm making a sign-up form because it's confusing without one :X

Yup that work's for me!
    Tnx for letting me in!! :D

Nakala Pri

Poison types are so unique and refined... eh? c:

Right now I'm just drawn to Serviper... <3

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    How about a new topic you guys?? Something different this time:

What Poison Type is you least favorite and why??
    For me that would be Amoonguss. I like the idea of a poison mushroom, but his design is just so not a poison type...

Nakala Pri

I'd have to go with Qwlfish, that little useless blighter is my bane. >:C *stares at a picture of a Qwlfish in a business suit and lights it on fire. A smirk slowly spreads across my face*

Theeen Amoongus too? He's kinda nostalgia-y but I can see why he isn't too popular, hehe.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    I'd have to go with Qwlfish, that little useless blighter is my bane
    Now i would normally agree 100% with you. Qwilfish is the forgotten Pokemon and in my Top3 least favorite list
    But just looking at it as a poison type, i like the idea of a balloon fish. Just too bad he is such a useless mon

Nakala Pri

Totally, and his stats are horrible. Like, why bother?

The rest are totes precious! C:

Garbodor is a bit... gut-wrenching tho. xD

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    Qwilfish is great when used as design. People have a bad taste in their mouth about it since evasion is banned in a lot of PvP environments. Minimize is kind of what it's supposed to do!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I'm torn between Garbodor, Gulpin, and Amoonguss. I'm not sure I like trash as a Pokémon, but it completes a trio of pollution. Gulpin is just weird to me - a stomach Pokêmon?! And Amoonguss just makes me ask "why is this here?"

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    I don't mind Amoonguss any more. Ever since using one in a Nuzlocke, I accept it for what it is :)

(see my signature)

Wicked3DS

Years
    That's quite a team you have there, not one I'd expect to see, but I guess that happens with a Nuzlocke. Very balanced though, and I'm surprised at Farfetch'd.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    That's quite a team you have there, not one I'd expect to see, but I guess that happens with a Nuzlocke. Very balanced though, and I'm surprised at Farfetch'd.
    I love Farfetch'd. In earlier generations, they weren't available for capture, so they had a specialness to them. I actually had to consider if I wanted to use it in my Nuzlocke or not. I did the in-game trade with the NPC for a Bunnelby - even though I was really looking forward to using it - since I know Farfetch'd learns Fly and Cut. The Steelix was from an in-game trade as well, and I respect the heck out of that Pokemon now. It takes physical attacks to the face and doesn't care... even if they are x4 effective.

I was planning to use the berry fields a lot, since my Bunnelby had Cheek Pouch, and the Pansear I caught would eventually be able to learn Recycle. Alas, that never panned-out, as Pansear died and I traded Bunnelby. Oh well :)

Amoonguss was used when my Vileplume died. Vileplume was a beast too, she kept taking super-effective hits and kept on going. Sadly, the game got a crit on her, so she got boxed. Amoonguss was the same typing, so I added it to the team. It wasn't as powerful, but it definitely had the staying power to pull off some Toxic-stall wins. At first I hated that it looks like a Pokeball, but now I kind of like it after seeing the animation. Amoonguss' arms and head remind me of shields now, and I'm ok with battle-ready Pokemon ;)

EDIT: If my Slowbro hadn't died, then Amoonguss would have been a beast. Steelix, Amoonguss, and Slowbro would be an awesome Trick Room team :)

Wicked3DS

Years
    Now that you mention it, it does look like it has shields. Also, Vileplume is growing on me, so I'm sad that you lost it. And yes, that would've been a ridiculous Trick Room team. It's like "haha, I was already a tank and now I go first" lol

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    Now that you mention it, it does look like it has shields. Also, Vileplume is growing on me, so I'm sad that you lost it. And yes, that would've been a ridiculous Trick Room team. It's like "haha, I was already a tank and now I go first" lol
    Vileplume with:
    Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Dazzling Gleam, and whatever fourth move you want.

Can sweep so many things. It can stay in against Lucario now and peck away at it with Dazzling Gleam.

Wicked3DS

Years
    I'd run Sleep Powder and those three, that's awesome. It can hit pretty hard, it's just slow. Trick Room would probably do it well too.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    I'd run Sleep Powder and those three, that's awesome. It can hit pretty hard, it's just slow. Trick Room would probably do it well too.
    That's what I was doing until my Slowbro died... and that only happened due to me wanting to catch Yvetal in a Luxury Ball instead of just using my Master Ball :)

I could have probably cut myself some slack for that part, I guess. I went back and caught my Pumpkaboo once I realized I was in a new area (cleared it all before realizing my mistake). Instead of not catching a Pokemon for that area, and since I forgot what the first encounter actually was, I just "reset" the first encounter and it was a Pumpkaboo.

Wicked3DS

Years
    That's something I would've done for sure, some people get all worked up about it and can't let themselves off the hook for one little mistake :P

Also no evolution for Pumpkaboo?

Nakala Pri

Btw, we better keep it onto Poison types before the moddies come running with their batons. cx

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    That's something I would've done for sure, some people get all worked up about it and can't let themselves off the hook for one little mistake :P

Also no evolution for Pumpkaboo?
    Couldn't trade her to evolve. She had Eviolite though, so it was ok. She was actually pretty darn bulky with it equipped! My whole team was able to take at least one super-effective hit each.

@Tiara: It all started with how I came to like Amoonguss! :)

Maybe we need a new topic?

Nakala Pri

If You Could Completely Alter One Toxic's Moveset, Which One Would It Be?

Is that okay? :O

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back