• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Alex, would you care to do the honors? C:

I was in bed, sorry :P

If You Could Change Change/Add/Delete One Toxic Types Other Type, Would You And Why Would You Alter it?

Venomoth would be my first choice...sort of. I think it should be a Psychic-type, but it really needs to be Bug/Poison too.

How about Victreebel? I think it should be a Grass/Dark-type (yes, Poison goes away, but hear me out). Since it has a reputation for eating things, I think it would definitely make good use out of Crunch, and maybe since it seems to have a sort of evil demeanor to it, Dark-type would fit. It would retain it's Poison-type moves though. Thoughts?

Wicked3DS

Years
    Ghost/Dark would really give Gengar a ridiculous defensive advantage, though it nerfs having two STABs since they are almost identical.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd probably turn Toxicroak into a pure poison-type. Being a poison/fighting Pokémon at the same time gives you an extreme disadvantage against psychic, which I just don't think Toxicroak deserves. ;o; It's easy enough to take down already, so why make it even easier?

Wicked3DS

Years
    *whispers* Poison/Water

It is a frog, after all.

Speaking of, I did something just for you guys.

Spoiler:

I was going to name her Petra, but I messed up and didn't change it yet. I figured you guys could come up with a name?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What about Poishter? Y'know, a combination of poison and fighter? Don't laugh, I'm just very uncreative with names. ;o;

Wicked3DS

Years
    Believe me, I've come up with MUCH worse than that (and people came up with much worse than that for me, like Buzz for Beedrill and Flame for Arcanine).

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Name it toxicity lol :3
    (I'm not that great at nicknaming either)

Years
    if your Croagunk was male id say: Name him Flex and never ever evolve him.
    But because shes a her, i think Penelope

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    Victreebel is definitely a plant though. Grass/Poison typing is spot-on. Maybe it could have a new ability in GEN7 that boosts carnivorous attacks (Bite, Crunch, Bind, Wrap).

If You Could Change Change/Add/Delete One Poison Types Other Type, Would You And Why Would You Alter it?
    I would remove Poison-type from the Gengar line. There really isn't any reason for it.... even though the Pokedex seems to be all about describing them as poison. Gengar doesn't learn any Poison attacks on its own. Seems like a bad design choice to me. Then again, Bulbasaur was GEN1 and was dual-typed from the start... I think they did that one so the early Bug-type encounters wouldn't totally have their way with Bulbasaur.

Oooooh, I like Penelope. If nobody else gives me something better today I'm sticking with that.

Help! I entered Penelope and it said "You can't enter that." What the heck is it censoring there?! (I just fixed Petra, any other ideas?)

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out there's an Italian word in the first half. They need to fix that. It's an name fairly common in America, so we should be able to use it.

You can always go with Pokey! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wicked3DS

Years
    I think I might go with Pokey. It's funny and I find Croagunk/Toxicroak to be funny Pokémon, I just really liked Penelope for some reason :P

Welcome back Murkmire! I see you've chosen Seviper this week :P

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Why not Penelopokey? :3 wait is that too long?

Wicked3DS

Years
    "Pene" is a no no in Italian, so anything containing that won't work.

I think it's time for a new topic. It's been too quiet in here.

What was your favorite Poison-type in the anime?

Hey guys! Just a friendly reminder that you're not permitted to double post (post twice in a row) unless over a week has passed in a club. I had to merge some posts here due to those issues so be sure to tread carefully next time regarding that.

What was your favorite Poison-type in the anime?

The two Nidorans in the Orange Island episode "Wherefore Art Thou, Pokémon?". You have to admit they were absolutely precious and that episode remains one of my favorites to date. Just wish they showed off their poison type characteristics more. But Seviper and Arbok have a special place in my heart too - go poisonous snakes!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back