• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2016
    Oh if you're interested in the competitive stuff. Venomoth is considered borderline between UU and OU. It's too good for UU, but not quite OU. Venomoth's defenses... pfft. Focus Sash it. Max the speed too so hopefully you can get Sleep Powder in first. Then max Hp for added bulk.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Keep me out of that stuff :X haha I don't hate it but I just don't have time to figure it out.

Got a new idea for us to try:

Art Appreciation: Pick a piece of fan art of a Poison-type Pokémon and post it in spoiler tags. Make sure to give credit to the artist if you can.

Spoiler:

Credit to https://theserotonin.deviantart.com/ for that one.

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

Years
    I'm back! I've been really busy lately and I also figured to take a week off for the Get Together...then I got really busy for the first half of this week too. But here I am, back and better than ever.

I've never used this topic in the club, though I think it was used at the beginning, but seeing that I've never gotten to see anyone's answers, I'll give it a go.

What is your favorite Poison-type Pokémon? Elaborate.

At one point I would've said Nidoking, but I've changed my mind. Now, I have to say Crobat. It's a fantastically designed Pokémon with speed and power to back it up. I loved using it since it debuted and have used it in every single game it's been in (FYI, I'm pretty sure that's all of them except BW). It always does a top-notch job and it is pretty awesome looking as well.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    What is your favorite Poison-type Pokémon? Elaborate.

Seviper, hands down. Yes, I know I have a history of utter confusion, but hear me out. I was a fan of snakes, AND blades for the longest time. And Seviper, well... I think it was made for people like myself.

A snake with a bladed tail, that's pretty awesome. I loved watching Jessie's Seviper throughout the anime, so it's not only a top favorite Pokemon, but a personal favorite too.

Wicked3DS

Years
    I can totally see that. I personally am not as huge of a fan of Seviper, but I have no reason to not get behind what you're saying.

Although the being a fan of blades makes me a bit suspicious... :P

Wicked3DS

Years
    I had a neat little idea I'd like to try and see if it works: A Pokémon of the week. It will be picked at random by an online generator and a little mending on my part so that we don't get two evolutions too close together if we can avoid it. We could still do topic-based discussions too, but I think it would be a good way to switch things up a bit. Thoughts?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    So, whenever some Pokémon gets chosen, what would we do, exactly? Discuss them until the week after? That sounds neat; this way, we'll be able to keep conversations going even further, hopefully. Should do something like this for my clubs, if only enough people were interested!

Wicked3DS

Years
    Basically, yeah. We can keep doing topics if the discussions don't get too far along, but I figure it would keep things moving pretty well. I figure I'd give a little synopsis to start and then let the discussion move forward from there.

Night Watcher

Hotdog MAn
    Years
    Name: Kokoro

Pick two Poison-type Partner Pokémon: Nidoking, Bulbasaur

Reason(s) for liking Poison-types: I started liking Poison Pokemon when I found out that Bulbasaur was a Poison type also, so I started liking other Poison type Pokemon.

Answer to current topic:

Art Appreciation: Pick a piece of fan art of a Poison-type Pokémon and post it in spoiler tags. Make sure to give credit to the artist if you can.

Wicked3DS

Years
    Name: Kokoro

Pick two Poison-type Partner Pokémon: Nidoking, Bulbasaur

Reason(s) for liking Poison-types: I started liking Poison Pokemon when I found out that Bulbasaur was a Poison type also, so I started liking other Poison type Pokemon.

Answer to current topic:

Welcome! Bulbasaur is really awesome, especially in the anime, so that's a good way to break into the Poison-type fandom. Also, that kind of looks like a Nidorino that went Snorlax, but it's still kinda cool. Nidoking is my second favorite Poison-type (Crobat).

So I'm going to push forward with the Pokémon of the week. This week's selection is...

Spoiler:

Gloom!

B/W Pokédex: The honey it drools from its mouth smells so atrocious, it can curl noses more than a mile away.

There's a lot of fun to be had with this one I think, so let's see what you guys can come up with. Chat away!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Wicked3DS said:
    So I'm going to push forward with the Pokémon of the week. This week's selection is... Gloom!

Ah, that's nice! I do like this Pokémon, but what I'm a bigger fan of are its evolution--Vileplume and Bellossom. In terms of design, personally, I'm a little more fond of latter, as it looks simply adorable to me. Currently, I have only one of these Pokémon, and it's about six years old or so; have had it since Diamond, and is now in my Y version. As for former, it might not look as good in appearance (well, at least for some people), but in terms of battling, it does play pretty well.

Wicked3DS

Years
    Personally I like Vileplume more (not cuz I'm a genwunner or anything), but I do agree that Bellossom does have a nice design as well. My favorite Gloom moment is definitely in the episode at Erika's gym, when Team Rocket finds out the secret to the perfume is the terrible scent of Gloom. That whole episode was pretty hilarious and ended up being one of my favorites and most memorable.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I think I might have seen Gloom in-anime a couple of times before, but sadly, I can't seem to recall any moment. I suppose those appearances weren't all that memorable for me, haha. Wish they were, though!

Wicked3DS

Years
    I have two things for you today:

1. A new userbar from Poki:

For the Seviper lovers! It will also be in the opening post.

2. It has been a week, so I have a new Pokémon of the week. This week it is...

Spoiler:

Drapion!

Diamond Pokedex entry: It has the power in its clawed arms to make scrap of a car. The tips of its claws release poison.

Keep that thing away from my shiny new car :O But this is one of my favorites from Diamond and Pearl, although I never have used it. So, lets get on with the discussion!

Wicked3DS

Years
    No love for Drapion? :(

Personally, I love it's design, scorpions (though creepy and kinda scary) are actually pretty cool and I like how they made Drapion a bit atypical without making it look unrecognizable. It also gets some pretty good moves to take advantage of its good Attack stat.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Drapion is great! I'm pretty fond of its design as well; to me, it looks pretty intimidating, which, I believe, is the right path. It's a scorpion, which is considered to be very dangerous. Due to this, it makes sense that they made it seem like something people would be afraid of. Competitively, it's not so bad; I've used it a few times before, personally, and it never ceased to satisfy me. Though, it would definitely be great if it wound up getting some mega-evolution in future, so that its stats could be boosted, allowing us to utilize it better.

Wicked3DS

Years
    Drapion is great! I'm pretty fond of its design as well; to me, it looks pretty intimidating, which, I believe, is the right path. It's a scorpion, which is considered to be very dangerous. Due to this, it makes sense that they made it seem like something people would be afraid of. Competitively, it's not so bad; I've used it a few times before, personally, and it never ceased to satisfy me. Though, it would definitely be great if it wound up getting some mega-evolution in future, so that its stats could be boosted, allowing us to utilize it better.

Mega Drapion?! I would cry tears of insane happiness (next to Mega Flygon, see Dragon club for details). Just the beastliness of it is making me hope for it.

I have a thing for scorpions. Two of my three tattoos feature a scorpion. Drapion is, therefore, awesome :)

Is one of them Drapion? Would make the whole thing epic.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back