• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Banished

Nah, it's cool, I understand. Scorpions are pretty awesome. Also, I feel like a Drapion Mega Evo would have 4 arms instead of just 2. Maybe a bit over the top? Either way, I think it'd be cool.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It would be cool indeed. I believe it would add to that intimidation factor, which is definitely a good thing, if you ask me, due to all reasons that I've stated in my previous post.

Wicked3DS

Years
    The time has come for another Pokémon of the Week! The entry this time around is...

Spoiler:

Nidorina!

FireRed Pokédex: The female has a gentle temperament. It emits ultrasonic cries that have the power to befuddle foes.

I tend to like the male side more because of more Attack and Speed, but I've used Nidoqueen before and it always does a decent job. It has good defenses and a wide arsenal which work in its favor very well.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    I don't know who had it, but if the one person who still holds a female magic guard abra in a luxball please contact me? I would still like to obtain it. I cannot remember who it was, but I think it was a Tomkewls. Been awhile since I've been in here, so. . .

Wicked3DS

Years
    Yeah, honestly I don't remember either, and I haven't seen him post in a while.

Also, Nidorina, anyone? Anyone at all?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Nidorina is one poison-type that I'm personally not too fond of, sorry to say, but other fans do like it, I'm sure!

Personally, I like to believe that I'm more of a Nidoran fan. It evolves into Nidoking, I believe, which I, personally, find to be more useful when it comes to competitive battling. Haven't used it as much as some other Pokémon, but it's still quite decent. Not only that, but it also has a pretty intimidating look, which I definitely like!

Would be great if Nidoking were to gain some mega-evolution form one day. I could imagine it to grow more spikes on its body in terms of appearance, and stats-wise, perhaps it could gain boosts in Speed, Attack, and maybe also a bit of HP (so that it'd be able to endure an additional hit or two).

Wicked3DS

Years
    Mega Nidos would be pretty awesome, I'm not gonna lie. I like Nidoking a lot as well, it's in my top three Poison-types (Crobat, Gengar). I have used it a TON in FireRed and it always is one of my top team members.

A plus about Nidorina is that it learns Crunch, which the male Nidos can't learn. They get Megahorn to deal with Psychic-types, of course, but Crunch is my favorite Dark-type move, so that's pretty cool.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Mega Nidos would be pretty awesome, I'm not gonna lie. I like Nidoking a lot as well, it's in my top three Poison-types (Crobat, Gengar). I have used it a TON in FireRed and it always is one of my top team members.

A plus about Nidorina is that it learns Crunch, which the male Nidos can't learn. They get Megahorn to deal with Psychic-types, of course, but Crunch is my favorite Dark-type move, so that's pretty cool.

Oh, really? I didn't know Nidorino and Nidorina's move differences until now, and yep, Crunch is more useful than Megahorn imo.

And yeah, it's been a while.

Wicked3DS

Years
    I'll join

Name: Northstar
    Pick two Poison-type Partner Pokémon: Roserade (obviously) and Dragalge
    Reason(s) for liking Poison-types: Always liked their designs (especially Roserade's line) and I have favoured them competitively for some time before they became top fairy killers.
    Answer to current topic: not entirely sure what it is

I've never been too fond of either Nido line. They're both pretty meh to me, but obviously they have some merits!

Welcome! I think it's awesome that they made them strong against Fairy-types, they needed some kind of extra offensive strength because it just wasn't there before.

Also, it's time for another Pokémon of the Week, this time around it's...

Spoiler:

Weezing!

Ruby Pokédex: Weezing loves the gases given off by rotted kitchen garbage. This Pokémon will find a dirty, unkept house and make it its home. At night, when the people in the house are asleep, it will go through the trash.

I knew I heard something last night...and smelled something funny.

I love Weezing, it's got very good defenses, a decent movepool, and it's fun for exploding! Yeah, the last one is my favorite, but I really do enjoy using Weezing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not too fond of this Pokémon, personally. Appearance-wise, it looks sort of weird. I suppose this is what they were initially aiming for (which, I believe, they're quite successful at if they actually were), but it just doesn't suit my taste, if you will. In terms of battling, it's honestly not that great, either, unfortunately. It's good in-game, but when you take it to competitive side of things, you would find many other Pokémon that are better, and they would be able to take it down in no time.

In anime, I did enjoy its presence, as it made Team Rocket's appearances more fun and whatnot. Not too sure about manga, though, since I don't follow them all that well. Wish I did!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Ehh Weezing isn't one of my favourite poison types but I actually really like its design :) Although I'll admit that it really lacks in the creative factor, it's simple. Nothing overly complicated and I rather liked the colour scheme. Am I the only one who thinks that Weezing's cute though? there's just something about it that's like "omg weezing you're so kawaii" (i can feel all these people giving me a weird look already) ;__; also I applaud the bad puns from gamefreak, I actually think it's pretty clever to use the names koffing and weezing. ^^;

I haven't watched much of the anime but didn't James have a Weezing? Don't remember much of it but I always laughed at how Team Rocket's pokemon seemed to always backfire on them. XD I don't think Weezing played a major part in the manga either (or at least in pokemon special afaik) except for usage by a few grunts and trainers. Even though I've never used one myself, things that explode are cool. Like bowties. So I guess Weezing gets a spot in my 'things that are cool just because' list :D Personally I've never used one myself mainly since I've always been really picky with having two or more of the same type on one team. and I always seemed to have a posion type lying around on my team so :(

Also is it just me or do all of the evil teams heavily use part or full Poison type pokemon? Maybe it's just the thought that poison is associated with evil or their appearances warrant the usage of them on evil teams but they've seemed to always be on every organization's grunts or leaders. XD

Wicked3DS

Years
    Man, not fans of Weezing? I really enjoy using it, it learns some good moves and can stand up to physical attacks very well. I usually run it in game with Sludge Bomb, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse, and Explosion. It gets the job done pretty well.

Also, I think they give Poison-types to villains because they are both vile. Poison can kill people, which is evil, and these villains are evil, so there is a connection there.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Never tried Weezing so I wouldn't know how powerful it actually is :( although I'll give it a go sometime and I'll let you guys know how that goes. I'm pretty indifferent towards Weezing in general though - I've just never seen it as that strong because yeahh rocket grunts make everything look bad. ;__; exploding sounds really fun though so that's definitely one of the pluses to weezing :D

That's a valid point. ^^ Although if they were to use poison types based on that reason - do you guys think they should expand the number of poison types used? All we ever see is the generation's poison type (i.e gen 1 = koffing) Are these pokemon just not that hard to vs and have the most villainous design for an evil organization? I mean it'd be unreasonable to put poison arceus on a commander but it's alway just the same one or two being used by evil teams. :(

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    I absolutely LOVE Weezing! It's a very interesting Pokemon, and I normally add it as a team member, if I haven't already used two other Poison-types.

I don't know why, but I really like the look, and the concept. A creature able to emit large amounts of toxic gases? Awesome. I couldn't imagine Weezing any other way.

One of my favorite Poison-type Pokemon.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    Name: Synerjee

Pick two Poison-type Partner Pokémon: Crobat and Scolipede

Reason(s) for liking Poison-types:
    Poison-types are very useful and effective in competitive battling as they have some interesting battle strategies, often causing frustration and change of tides on the battleground. I personally don't really use Poison-types in my teams besides Crobat, but ever since Fairy-types have become a potential threat, this type certainly has grown more useful to me.

Answer to current topic:
    I don't really have an opinion on Weezing. To me, it's just a big floating defense wall of toxic gases that loves to explode. Never used it before and don't think I will because it generally doesn't follow my battling style. Liked its appearance in Team Rocket though haha.

Last edited:

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    Man, not fans of Weezing? I really enjoy using it, it learns some good moves and can stand up to physical attacks very well. I usually run it in game with Sludge Bomb, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse, and Explosion. It gets the job done pretty well.

Also, I think they give Poison-types to villains because they are both vile. Poison can kill people, which is evil, and these villains are evil, so there is a connection there.

Weezing? Let me tell you about Weezing. . .

There are a few move sets that I enjoy using Weezing with.

One set would be Screech, Explosion, smokescreen/double team, Sludgebomb and Fireblast. This set is designed to burn out quickly. I normally use up Sludgebomb first (unless faced with a type that's strong against it of course), then lead in with Fireblast to toast as many of the other team as possible. This two-move style of fighting can lure the foe into the sense that Weezing just burns and spits on things. Then, when you're all out of power points screech away. Once you've lowered their defence a bit, (I try to do this at least twice) you can use explode, taking a satisfying amount of life from your opponent's pals. Hand Weezing a metronome to make better use of spamming Sludgebomb and Fireblast.

I enjoy using Weezing, but I also enjoy using Muk more often. Weezing and Muk need a Mega evolution. . .

edit: did you always own this club? I've been away and have lost track of who's who.

Wicked3DS

Years
    Name: Synerjee

Pick two Poison-type Partner Pokémon: Crobat and Scolipede

Reason(s) for liking Poison-types:
    Poison-types are very useful and effective in competitive battling as they have some interesting battle strategies, often causing frustration and change of tides on the battleground. I personally don't really use Poison-types in my teams besides Crobat, but ever since Fairy-types has become a potential threat, this type certainly has grown more useful to me.

Answer to current topic:
    I don't really have an opinion on Weezing. To me, it's just a big floating defense wall of toxic gases that loves to explode. Never used it before and don't think I will because it generally doesn't follow my battling style. Liked its appearance in Team Rocket though haha.

Welcome! I agree about the battle strategies, a lot of them have wide movepools meaning you can do a lot of different things with them.

edit: did you always own this club? I've been away and have lost track of who's who.

The previous owner got banned so I took over.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What I've always wondered about Weezing is how it floats in air. Is it filled with gas like an air balloon, and not blood and other materials that animals might contain? Even if it does have some gas of sorts, I'm sure its body would outweigh them, and if it does, it wouldn't make much sense to see it flying and whatnot. There are many other Pokémon like this, and same applies to them.

I'm not really sure how I'd make it if it were up to me, but would definitely consider finding a way around that, haha.

Wicked3DS

Years
    I'm pretty sure it's just made of gas which is why it floats. Bulbapedia says "Weezing can hover in midair, presumably due to gases lighter than air, as is the case for Koffing."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back