• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
  • If we do this I wanna be a Gym leader!! It's too late here(11:45 pm) to think of a name pun kudos 'Adder'. XD
    *heavy breathing*
    I caught my first chain fishing pokemon Shellder. Named him Geode. Pretty sure I misspelled it but my ds was dying.

Looks like it had a case of.... DyingWillFlareon. /shot multiple times/ YEAAAAAH

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    If I were a poison gym leader my name would be ...... :cool: Cobra

YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • My Elite Four member (Shameless self upgrade) would be Sarin.

Sarin was made famous by the attacks on the Tokyo subway by the lunatic religious cult Aum Shinrikyo in the mid 1990s. The fact that fatalities were relatively low does not reflect the toxicity of this nerve agent. Developed as a chemical weapon in WWII sarin is a deadly organophosphate also known as GB and is reputedly 26 times more deadly than cyanide.

The mode of action for all nerve agents is to prevent nerve endings from switching off. Death results from loss of control of the muscles required for breathing and asphyxiation. The immediate effects of the toxin are a loss of control of bodily functions. Convulsions follow along with coma and death within an hour.

Sarin is one of the "Killer B's", the symptoms of exposure to which are described in the mnemonic "SLUDGE" – Salivation, Lacrimation, Urination, Defecation, Gastrointestinal distress, and Emesis. Nice! Source.

Yup. I called it. It's mine. Reserved for me. I could vary the name to Saren, just to make it more 'punny'.
    110MS.png
    089MS.png
    452MS.png
    691MS.png
    015MMS.png

Edit: This isn't a final list ^

Last edited:

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
    Years
  • My brther got a Gengar EX in a TCG booster pack today. .-. I got Rhyhorn and Bibarel, probably the beat out of that pack......

I've used Haunter a couple of times, but in Silver he was more of an innocent pet that licks stuff. Mostly hair. I can't wait for SoulSilver to come in the mail and reuse that team!! >.<U

Can I have some tips for Venusaur?....... I've only used one in Adventure Red Chapter and Y so their moves really suck. D:

I tend to use venusaur as a wall and status inducer at first and the first moves I normally give it in it's lesser forms are stun spore and poison powder (these won't work at all on grass types tho so you can't poison them yet) the first drain move you get will be used in conjunction with poison to bleed opponents out, it's useful for a lot of things, also putting them to sleep with stun spore, good for stalling and healing your team up and stuff like that. I usualy keep vine whip about definitely at least through bulbasaur and until he can learn better attacks. I usually keep a few poison types around tho as using venoshock when the target is already poisoned is really nasty. later venu will learn toxic anyway (then grass types are screwed) i don't remember if I teach him this with a TM or not though (sludge bomb is better eventually) I think the other moves I was using referring to last playthrough in XY) Venusaur can also learn venoshock but learns it via TM.
    The moveset I had on him by the end of the story and after the elite 4 etc was petal dance, toxic, venoshock and grass pledge. petal dance will plow through 3 pokemon cos the computer is stupid and knows nothing about type weakness
    and then you need to switch him out cos of confusion but he will have beaten 3 pokemon most likely unless you a full water type comes out at you and still, it's powerful enough to kill them if they don't have good sp def.

Really good pokemon and when paired with Gengar works really well, some form of Rotom in there too really messes up the whole storylines pokemon, I didn't really need another pokemon apart from to fly and to sail and stuff.

Nakala Pri

My gym leader name would be... Excrement >:p (okay thats not very deadly)

I guess I'd be called Nene? Variation of Strychnine! :D Well there is already a Pokemon Conquest Warlord who uses Poison types but hers isn't derived from that. >:p So yeah! Cool beans!

nidoking.png
    vileplume-f.png
    gengar.png
    skuntank.png
    roserade-f.png
    garbodor.png

I already have a Shiny Trubbish so it fits! =D I've had three shinies in the past three months which was totally unintentional!! Awesome, right? Gulpin, Trubbish and a Ducklett. :P I'M THE POISON QUEEN! They must be drawn to my feminine charms. ;) *puts feet on table and reveals arm pit hair*

CoffeeDrink

Years
  • My gym leader name would be... Excrement >:p (okay thats not very deadly)

I guess I'd be called Nene? Variation of Strychnine! :D Well there is already a Pokemon Conquest Warlord who uses Poison types but hers isn't derived from that. >:p So yeah! Cool beans!

nidoking.png
    vileplume-f.png
    gengar.png
    skuntank.png
    roserade-f.png
    garbodor.png

I already have a Shiny Trubbish so it fits! =D I've had three shinies in the past three months which was totally unintentional!! Awesome, right? Gulpin, Trubbish and a Ducklett. :P I'M THE POISON QUEEN! They must be drawn to my feminine charms. ;) *puts feet on table and reveals arm pit hair*

*Stamps feet*
    That wasn't how my system was supposed to work! Gym Leaders are allowed four Pokémon, two fully evolved, one partially evolved and one un-evolved. So:
    034MS.png
    045MS.png
    093MS.png
    434MS.png
    is more accurate according to me. As punishment for failing to adhere to my principles I'll just have to burgle you're 'mons.

And about that hair. . . *Grabs Nakala and throws her in a pool filled with Nair* problem solved.

Years
  • Shiny Garbodor?! Haha, now i'm envious.

I say that without the slightest shred of sarcasm.

Seriously, Garbodor is way too hated, granted it's a trash bag, but after watching Turkey the Garbodor from Marriland's Black Wedlocke, I will never bad-talk Garbodor again. ^_^

But aside from that, I do like all the other Poison-types you've displayed there, too.

Nakala Pri

That wasn't how my system was supposed to work! Gym Leaders are allowed four Pokémon, two fully evolved, one partially evolved and one un-evolved. So:
    034MS.png
    045MS.png
    093MS.png
    434MS.png
    is more accurate according to me. As punishment for failing to adhere to my principles I'll just have to burgle you're 'mons.

And about that hair. . . *Grabs Nakala and throws her in a pool filled with Nair* problem solved.

But it's MY club and MY club causes for breaking YOUR rules so hah! >:^) *sniggers* (put that shiny garbodoer back in there or ill poke ur eyes)

And what the hell is nair anyway XD

If you touch Dora the Dwebble you'll get a sur-LUDGED by a bin bag! >:^)

Anywaaaaaay, if I had a Gym, it'd probably be like a swamp where you have to hop across lily-pads and there'd be vines and Arboks curling around them! 8D (that doesn't make any sense so fine Ekans)

Btw why is sn1ggers a swear word?!

Shiny Garbodor?! Haha, now i'm envious.

Seriously, Garbodor is way too hated, granted it's a trash bag, but after watching Turkey the Garbodor from Marriland's Black Wedlocke, I will never bad-talk Garbodor again. ^_^

But aside from that, I do like all the other Poison-types you've displayed there, too.

SARCASM??!!!

Yeah! They're the best! =D (chose Nidoking 'cause of the manga cause Red takes out his eyeball) And Skunktank is so strong! Why is she so under-rated? >:(

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Shiny Garbodor?! Haha, now i'm envious.

No no no. I am not a genwunner, I love poison-types, I love Pokemon. But I can't bring myself to love Garbodor. Trubbish, yes. They could have gone a lot better with Trubbish.

CoffeeDrink

Years
  • And what the hell is nair anyway XD

Nair is a hair removal cream. So in essence, if I were to throw you in a pool filled with it, you'd come out looking like the day you were born.

Anyways, since it's the second day and we don't have one. . . I nominate Scolipede as our Pokémon of the week! Congratulations Scolipede!
    Scolipede.png
    Scolipede_2.png

PokéDex entry for Pokémon X: It clasps its prey with the claws on its neck until it stops moving. Then it finishes it off with deadly poison.
    Scary stuff.

With a high Speed stat and a decent Attack stat, Scolipede is one big bug you don't want to mess with! Stretching out at 8 feet long (that's two and a half meters!) Scolipede is a monster of a bug. It still blows my mind how big it is!

Further trivia would have that it is the largest and heaviest of the Bug Type Pokémon! It's also the heaviest Poison Type Pokémon as well! With Speed Boost being it's hidden ability, Scolipede is one of the most lethal surprises that the enemies of the Poison type are well unprepared for!

Let's have it! Some questions to get us started!

Have you used Scolipede competitively or otherwise?

Do you like it's Poison/Bug Typing?

Do you enjoy Scolipede's design?

What would make Scolipede even better?

Last edited:
    Years
  • ZOMG SCOLIPEDE ENTER MAJOR FANBOYISM

Casting that aside, let's talk about this thing.

Well I don't really battle competitively, but I have used it quite a few times in Generation V and XY, most of them being in fun challenges but also in one or two normal plays. When B2W2 tutors gave it Aqua Tail and Superpower, it got even more fun with that, and there's XY where TMs are infinite use and Swords Dance and Poison Jab were available relatively early in the game. And in both X and Omega Ruby, I have fully EV trained ones in Luxury Balls that I bred and they also got (Toxic) Spikes.

Yes, indeed. It gets STAB Megahorn, and that Poison-typing is great for this generation since it gets something to use against Fairy-types. We have had a lot of Bug/Poison-types, but this one, being very fast and having a strong Attack stat combined with a handful of moves it can use Baton Pass with compared to its special predecessor Venomoth, makes for a very good contender.

Absolutely. An 8 foot megapede that weighs over 400 pounds? You'd think something like that would be a lot slower, but no. And how about that horn and the Pokédex entry that states it CRUSHES ITS OPPONENTS WITH ITS CLAWS? Yeah, this thing, epic design no question.

A Mega Evolution? A little more Attack? But it got Speed Boost and a small buff to its Attack stat in Generation VI, so it has as much as I think I could want from it.

I think i've said enough about this thing, haha.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Um...oh, I didn't know I had to answer the call for POTW THAT soon.

Anyway, I have yet to use Scolipede, but I plan on getting one and wrecking some stuff with it because I know it is awesome. Gen V's strong suit was the Bug-types if you ask me, so I actually want to do a Black 2 Bug Monotype at some point. Oh wait wrong club. It's got great Attack and Speed and a versatile moveset that allows it to cover all of it's weaknesses thanks to Earthquake.

CoffeeDrink

Years
  • Um...oh, I didn't know I had to answer the call for POTW THAT soon.

Anyway, I have yet to use Scolipede, but I plan on getting one and wrecking some stuff with it because I know it is awesome. Gen V's strong suit was the Bug-types if you ask me, so I actually want to do a Black 2 Bug Monotype at some point. Oh wait wrong club. It's got great Attack and Speed and a versatile moveset that allows it to cover all of it's weaknesses thanks to Earthquake.

My impatience on the matter grew to the point of hungry. I have no idea what that means, but there it is.

And for your Black 2 Monotype run, why not both (although the rules go against it)? You could use solely Poison/Bug Types! There's Venomoth, Beedrill, Ariados, Scolipede and Sorupi! I might even try gunning through Soul Silver using solely Beedrills.

I have a couple Scolipedes in storage that I might rummage out and give a whirl[ipede], and knowing that it has Speed Boost as a special ability makes it highly desirable. I'm going to try my hand at the GTS and see what I can get. Fun stuff! Before Generation 6, Scolipede had Quickfeet as it's hidden ability instead of Speed Boost!

Nakala Pri

I have the best haircut in the entire WORLD man

Have you used Scolipede competitively or otherwise? I specialize in randbats but when I do land with Scolipede, he is so good! If a ground type comes along I can just Bug Bite his face off and if s smelly Ice type comes along, I can use Rollout! He's a sweet dude!

Do you like it's Poison/Bug Typing? Yeah! They're like my two favourite types. :P And you get to fend off those stinkin' Psychic types.

Do you enjoy Scolipede's design? Hell yeah! He's one of my favourite Pokemon! Except I freaken hate Centipedes but he's awesome.

What would make Scolipede even better? A scarf. 8D < okay fine thats stupid. How about a Mega evolution? It'd be pretty rad! Audino is the only one that as a bloody Mega. >:(

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Design-wise, Scolipede reminds me of insects in every possible way, which is it; I would say that's a good thing!

Its colors are purple, dark pink, and a shade of gray--seemingly, they complement each other pretty well. The Pokémon also seems to be rather huge in terms of body size, which is rare when it comes to bug-types. One thing that really tends to intrigue me regarding Scolipede would be its ability to roll into a wheel of sorts (it can perform these kind of stuff, can't it?); if this Pokémon had existed in real life, it'd be interesting to see it do that.

In terms of competitive and whatnot, I've used it a couple of times before via simulator (have tried it in-game also, but don't remember much of my experience from that end), and it seemed to have performed nicely. It's able to withstand decent amount of hits, which I feel some would find to be helpful.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I find myself attracted to Scolipede design-wise. I don't know why. Although an 8-foot centipede isn't really my cup of tea.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Woah what have I have missed
    takes deep breath
    My name would be Dethra as a sort of respelling of Death with an R. Like a pirate. And my team would be:
    Victreebel, Weezing, Haunter and Crobat. The Gym would be like a maze with trainers hiding in the walls and if you touch on specific spots you can get a teammate poisoned..... And my Leader would be all poised ahahaha get it ahahaha /gunk shot/

*puts feet on table and reveals arm pit hair*
    SA-SAPPHIRE??!!??

Ooo new POTW.
    I really wanted to use him and Leavanny in White 2 but they never happened.....

I love Poison but I'm just coming around to Bug Types recently so I suppose so.

YES. He looks so cool!!

I dunno, a black or pink or both shiny?.....

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wonder how it would be if Scolipede were to ever gain a mega-evolution form?

Hopefully, they don't extend its body size too much, as I personally find it to be fine the way it is. Perhaps they might be able to have more spikes attached onto itself, similarly to how it is for its pre-evolution? In terms of stats, I feel it would be great if it were to gain boosts in Speed, perhaps, as well as Defense and Special Defense. I'm not sure if it'll be gaining any type change, but if it does, it would be cool if it were to turn steel, partially.

If Mega-Scolipede does wind up to be bug-steel, then appearance-wise, maybe they could have a metallic armor added onto this Pokémon? I believe this would help explain its defensive raises and whatnot, which is a good thing. As for ability, it'd be nice if it were to get Heatproof (although this might sound a little over-top).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back