• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
Years
  • Well, I wouldn't call Koga my absolute favorite Gym Leader (*cough cough* Giovanni! *cough cough*) but he's definitely up there. And his status as a member of Team Rocket's Command Triad (Pokemon Adventures Manga) gives him a boost as well. Plus he's a ninja, and ninjas are just awesome. And I could say the same about liking your taste, because it would seem we share those favorites. :D

Let's see...Poison types in the future...I want to see those fan-made Nidogod and Nidogoddess appear in the forms of...Mega Nidoking and Mega Nidoqueen! Nidoking is my absolute favorite Poison type, so he must get a Mega to make me happy. And Nidoking can't get a Mega without Nidoqueen.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Eh I guess I'll join.

Name: APS (or AmourPearlShipper but seriously my username is kinda long lol)
    Pick two Poison-type Partner Pokémon: Crobat and Gengar
    Reason(s) for liking Poison-types: I like Poison-types for their defensive prowess, access to moves such as Toxic Spikes and Clear Smog, and their ability to take a dump on Fairy-types.
    Answer to current topic: I'd like Poison to be super-effective against Water.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Eh I guess I'll join.

Name: APS (or AmourPearlShipper but seriously my username is kinda long lol)
    Pick two Poison-type Partner Pokémon: Crobat and Gengar
    Reason(s) for liking Poison-types: I like Poison-types for their defensive prowess, access to moves such as Toxic Spikes and Clear Smog, and their ability to take a dump on Fairy-types.
    Answer to current topic: I'd like Poison to be super-effective against Water.

Welcome! I like your choice of partners, they are two of my favorite Pokémon all-time. Also I like "ability to take a dump on Fairy-types" because I despise Fairy-types.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What would you like to see done with the Poison-type in future Pokémon games?
    I would to see them put-together a Pokémon with the combination of fire and poison.

I'm not sure if there are any Pokémon out there with this particular typing. Even if we do have a couple out there, they aren't too memorable to me, and am sure same could be said for few others. If they were to introduce something with combination of fire-poison, while also giving more effort into its design and stats-creation process (if these two sides are well-built, there wouldn't be much reason for us to dislike or forget this Pokémon), I feel it'd be pretty beneficial, in a way!

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • What would you like to see done with the Poison-type in future Pokémon games?

Just give me a Mega Seviper, and I'll be happy. Well, and maybe some stronger moves. I love my Poison-types just the way they are. <3

Although, now that I think about it... maybe some more Dark/Poison Pokemon would be pretty cool. Like, a variation of the plague rat. We mostly just have the cute, loveable mouse Pokemon. Sure, Rattata and Raticate exist, but really... eh.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I'll add my thoughts on this.

As Ashley mentioned, Poison/Fire-type would be a pretty cool combination. Even though their STAB attacks don't really cover each other that we'll at all, I think it would still make for a very good Pokémon.

I'd also like to see a Poison/Dragon-type. We have Dragalge, but to me it still feels like a Water-type and not much of a Dragon-type, so I'd like to see one that more resembles an actual dragon.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • I'd also like to see something done about the type matchups for Poison. I feel like, because of its type matchups, the Poison type is nowhere as powerful as it could be. Also (and these points are actually not my own) I feel that it would be better off doing double damage to Psychic and Ground types rather than being weak to them. If a toxin enters the body, it can easily shut down the brain in seconds. And the ground can be contaminated by toxic materials. Furthering that logic, it would make sense for Poison to also do double damage against Water, as toxic material can contaminate water. Perhaps, because Steel is immune to it, making it take double damage from Steel would have been a better choice than Ground or Psychic?

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Poison is better than last gen anyway because of Gunk Shot's higher accuracy and the fact that it hits fairy-types. However, personally I would have made Poison resist Dragon and deal super effective damage to it and Water. The fairy-type, imo, should have never been introduced.

Years
  • Two starter Pokemon: Roserade and Dustox

Reasons for liking Poison types: They're strong and can inflict poison and overall get crap done.

Question: More Poison type legendaries! We only have Arceus holding a Toxic Plate.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Two starter Pokemon: Roserade and Dustox

Reasons for liking Poison types: They're strong and can inflict poison and overall get crap done.

Question: More Poison type legendaries! We only have Arceus holding a Toxic Plate.

Welcome! I agree about Poison-type Legendaries, they need to be a thing, or at least one. Hopefully that happens soon.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • So I have a new topic for us, which I've snatched from Hikamaru's Water-type club.

Create your own new Poison-type move, with PP, Base Power, Accuracy and Description.

I'll think of something for this and post it when I do :P

Reactions: Sun

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • More original move fun!

Name: Draining Toxin
    PP: 10
    Base Power: --
    Accuracy: 100
    Description: By jabbing the target with a claw or fang, the user implants a draining poison that saps the target's health each turn and restores the user's.
    Move Type: Status
    Other: Poison type variation of Leech Seed.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I apologize as it's been quite a while since I've posted, but things are slowing down a bit for me so I should be back to my regular activity from now on. Anyway, here's our first Pokémon of the Week in quite a while!

Spoiler:

Venipede!

Black Pokédex: Its bite injects a potent poison, enough to paralyze large bird Pokémon that try to prey on it.

Don't mess with this little guy.

Venipede is actually quite vicious looking for a small bug, but that's not too surprising when you see what it eventually evolves into. Scolipede is an awesome Pokémon that hits hard and fast too, so it's only fitting that it's pre-evolution gets to look the part as well.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • Venipede is actually pretty cute, especially for a Bug type. I've never really used one in battle, but I have been meaning to raise one. It's got a pretty darn good evolution, after all.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Meh. The Bug type really hinders the battle capability of it, but it looks just so gosh darn cute. Gotta give it points for that.

By the by, I have returned. Fear what is yet to come mortals! I probably won't be around as often but I'll have to give a look-see every now and then.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • I've decided to do a Monotype Challenge on OR (Poison type, of course) and couldn't find a Pokemon for the sixth slot on my team. Then I remembered this little Pokemon of the Week, and I decided that I just had to have one. Here's to hoping the Venipede line lives up to my expectations!

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I haven't played Pokemon in quite some time, really. But I do need to note that in other RPG games I have been using Poisons regularly. My coffee is gone. . .

Wicked3DS

Years
  • So being that this club has been around a while, I think it would be a good idea to go back to some of our basic topics a bit since we have had members come and go and perhaps some of the longtime members have had some changes in opinion over that time. So we'll start with this one:

What is/are your favorite Poison-type Pokémon and why?

Feel free to go into as much or as little detail as you like.

Crobat is my favorite Poison-type and I think always has been, whether I acknowledged it or not. It's got a great design, its a pretty decent attacker, and of course is extremely fast. I think I have used one in at least one playthrough of every single game I've played because of its versatility and ability to round out a team very well. I would like to possibly see it get a Mega Evolution and boost its Attack a little bit more, bit either way, it's still a very good Pokémon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back