• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
Years
  • Oooh, picking a single favorite will be tough. ...I might have to do, like, a top 5 list.

The first one I can think of that I like is Arbok. To be honest, even though I thought the design was pretty cool, it never would have made it as one of my favorites if I hadn't read the Pokemon Adventures manga. I loved Koga's Arbok! Regrowing its entire body as long as the head was intact? That Arbok is just plain awesome, and it's thanks to it that Arbok in general makes it as one of my favorite Poison types. ...I also just really like snakes.

I also love Nidoking. I played through Soul Silver with one, and he just destroyed everything he went up against. If I were ever forced to pick a single favorite Poison type, I think it would be this guy. His design is just wicked cool, and if you get one with the right nature/train the right stats/give it a good movepool, this thing can be tougher to beat than a legendary Pokemon. ...proven when I hit Sabrina's gym and my Suicune went down but my Nidoking didn't. Somehow. Despite being up against Psychic types. To this day, I don't understand quite how it happened, but apparently my Nidoking is very speedy.

Crobat is another great Poison type. It's really fast and has pretty good Attack. I never really liked this Pokemon much, until I got Alpha Sapphire. When I made it to the Battle Resort, I teamed up with Archie in a multi battle, and his Crobat just killed it. So I decided to try playing Heart Gold with a Crobat, and even though her nature wasn't the best, she was still amazing in battle. So, yeah. I just gained a whole lot more respect for the Zubat evolutionary line, and Crobat is awesome.

There's also Drapion. The only time I've ever used on in battle was the Battle Factory in Soul Silver, but it seems to be pretty powerful. It's Poison/Dark typing gets rid of a pretty good amount of weaknesses, both for the Poison typing and the Dark typing. It looks pretty neat as well, but it's typing is really the main reason I like it so much.

While the Bulbasaur line is still my least favorite of Kanto's three starters, Vensaur definitely makes it as a favorite Poison type. Like with Drapion, the first time I used one was Soul Silver's Battle Factory, and I loved the way it was virtually unbeatable and could really draw out a battle with Sleep Powder/Ingrain/Leech Seed/Giga Drain (I think the last move was Giga Drain) despite the fact that every single one of those moves was a Grass type, and I prefer to have a varied movepool. I never lost when I was lucky enough to get in my party.

I dunno how other people feel about Beedrill, but it's certainly one of my favorite Poison types. Giving it a Mega form only made me love it more, because that Mega Beedrill looks really awesome. Though its Defense/Sp. Defense leave a little to be desired, it's generally pretty speedy and has decent Attack. Not to mention every time a swarm of them appear in the anime, everyone seems to scream and run away.

Returning to the topic of my Soul Silver team, I also used a Venomoth and I loved the little guy. I find its design to actually be pretty cute, and its a decent fighter. I think, though, that if I'd never used one on my SS team, I wouldn't even have thought to put it on this list, so it's kind of a favorite for nostalgic reasons, I guess.

Gengar! I had one on my X team, and it just rocked in battle, especially with its Mega. The design is neat (Gengar is actually kinda cute, while it Mega form is pretty dang cool) it can learn some pretty good moves, and it's got great stats.

Also on my X team was a shiny Roserade. At first, I only used it because it was shiny, and I was really lucky to stumble across it, but as it turns out it had a good nature as well! It could take hits, and its Poison Point frequently acted up to cause trouble for opponents, the Sp. Attack and Speed were pretty good, and it's got a wide variety of moves. It actually took down Drasna's team solo with Dazzling Gleam.

Last but not least, Scolipede. Now, I've never battled with one in a core series game, but there's a Scolipede on my team in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. Every time a Poison or Bug type V-Wave rolls around, Scolipede enters a dungeon and rocks the place. So when I get around to playing through OR with one on my team, I'm expecting good things. It's design is also pretty neat.

Well...that went from a top 5 list to a top 10 list. But there are so many great Poison types, that I can't pick one single favorite.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • But there are so many great Poison types, that I can't pick one single favorite.

You picked a FANTASTIC list. I like all of those Pokémon except for Roserade honestly. I also at one point considered Nidoking my favorite Poison-type when I first got back into Pokémon, but I changed my mind over the last 2 years or so. Gengar is also up there for me as well, it's by far my favorite Ghost-type and in my top 5 Poison-types.

Years
  • Yeah! I'll be joining with Crobat and Toxicroak by my side!
    Reason(s) for liking Poison Types: The main reason why I started liking Poison Types was because of Crobat. Crobat has a really cool drsign up until now and so does Toxicroak.
    What is/are your favorite Poison-type Pokémon and why?I think it should be obviouse by now that I both like Crobat and Toxicroak because of their designs. I also like Crobat since it was SO FAST and I grew close to it. Toxicroak is just strong during my run on Pokemon Platinum and Toxicroak just looks really cool.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Yeah! I'll be joining with Crobat and Toxicroak by my side!
    Reason(s) for liking Poison Types: The main reason why I started liking Poison Types was because of Crobat. Crobat has a really cool drsign up until now and so does Toxicroak.
    What is/are your favorite Poison-type Pokémon and why?I think it should be obviouse by now that I both like Crobat and Toxicroak because of their designs. I also like Crobat since it was SO FAST and I grew close to it. Toxicroak is just strong during my run on Pokemon Platinum and Toxicroak just looks really cool.

Welcome! Crobat is my favorite Poison-type and 2nd favorite Pokémon of all, so that's pretty awesome. Toxicroak was not one of my favorites for a while, but it grew on me a bit because people here wanted me to like it more because I realized how good it is, not to mention I think it's kinda funny.

Continuing on with some of the broader topics that have been covered over the length of the club...

Who is/are your favorite Poison-type user(s)?

Koga is my favorite by a long shot. I love his style because it's very unique to Pokémon (at least it was when the games started) and he uses some great Pokémon as well (Crobat, see above). He even got promoted from Gym Leader to Elite Four, so that tells you how great of a trainer he was.

Honorable mention to Roxie. She's not nearly as powerful, but for one she's a rockstar and I'm a rock musician/listener, so that helps her cause, not to mention she's just got the attitude of a great trainer and she knows it, which just appeals to me with her for some reason.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • My favorite Poison type user is, without question, Koga! He's got some pretty awesome Pokemon, a good battling style, was promoted sometime between Gen. I and Gen. II (and their remakes in Gen. III and Gen. IV) from Gym Leader to Elite Four member. He went from amazing to just a step below the Champion, which is technically the best of the best. Not to mention he's a freakin' ninja and I looooooove ninjas! And he's got a high rank within Team Rocket, which is only the best organization in the Pokemon franchise ever!

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    Yeah I have to say Koga as well he uses some cool Pokemon and his a sweet Ninja and in the manga he's pretty badass. Plus I've always had a soft spot for the guy as between Erika and Blaine is my favorite part of the Kanto Games and Koga is no exception it's just a shame that that part of the game doesn't last longer.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • It's time we jump back into a Pokémon of the week, so here it is!

Spoiler:

Nidoking!

Red/Blue Pokédex: It uses its powerful tail in battle to smash, constrict, then break the prey's bones.

Do not mess with Nidoking.

Nidoking point in time was my favorite Poison-type, though I've decided that I like Crobat a bit better recently. Still, Nidoking is one of my favorite Pokémon to use because of its diverse movepool that it can utilize pretty well. It's definitely an underrated Pokémon that I think deserves a bit more recognition.

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • "Its steel-like hide adds to its powerful tackle. Its horns are so hard, they can pierce a diamond."
    "Its tail is thick and powerful. If it binds an enemy, it can snap the victim's spine quite easily."
    "It uses its thick arms, legs and tail to attack forcefully. Melee combat is its specialty."
    "A Nidoking's thick tail packs enormously destructive power capable of toppling a metal transmission tower. Once it goes on a rampage, there is no stopping it."
    "It is recognized by its rock-hard hide and its extended horn. Be careful with the horn as it contains venom."
    "One swing of its mighty tail can snap a telephone pole as if it were a matchstick."

The Pokedex makes it very clear, in every generation, just how dangerous and powerful Nidoking is. It definitely deserves the be in the "Monster" Egg Group. This Pokemon is one of my absolute favorites. With high Attack and not-quite-as-high-but-still-good Special Attack, this thing really can turn out to be the powerhouse that the Dex makes it out to be, if it's trained right. I love its design, its diverse movepool, and its battle performance. Its Abilities (Poison Point and Rivalry) and Hidden Ability (Sheer Force) I find to be very helpful in battle as well.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Some of you may have seen in the feedback thread, but we officially have a new event up here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=356065

For this, we'll each be doing a Monotype challenge and trying to finish the respective games before the other clubs while gaining the most points.

I'm planning on participating in the Bug-type Club already, so if anyone here wants to participate, speak up!

Wicked3DS

Years
  • It's been a while since I've added a topic, so here you go!

Which Generation has the best Poison-types?

I hate to be a genwunner, but it seems like I really am. There are SO many great Poison-types in Gen I that I won't list them all, but 5 of them being Beedrill, Gengar, Nidoking, Weezing, and Tentacruel. It's also sorta responsible for my favorite Poison-type Crobat since it wouldn't be possible without Zubat :P

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I'm back after a little bit of time away and I've got another topic for us to discuss!

If you were to introduce a Poison-type legendary, what would it be like?

I've always wanted to see a Poison/Fire-type and I think it would make a great legendary as either a very large snake (think Zygarde but a little more like Arbok) or some kind of gaseous/fireball Pokémon. The snake would be a physical attacker, while the gaseous Pokémon would specialize in Special Attack.

Last edited:

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
  • I'd make it a pure Poison type, since the Poison typing has no legendaries at all. It'd probably be designed after a Inland Taipan (the most poisonous snake on Earth) and would have high speeds, high and fairly balanced Attack and Special Attack, and decent (not high, but not poor either, since it's a legendary) Defense and Special Defense.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Name:217 (or Gideon)

Pick two Poison-type Partner Pokémon:
    - Roserade
    407MS.png

- Toxicroak
    454MS.png

Reason(s) for liking Poison-types:
    I've relied almost exclusively on Poison-types since Gen I, they're my jam and absolute beasts when properly utilized. I also adore their visual designs, for the most post.

I would want some sort of Chimera, possibly with multiple forms, one of which is a pure-Poison type and the snake's head, another could be Poison/Fire with the goat or lion's head and the last could be Poison/Electric or Water type with the remaining head.

Years
  • Name: Infinityy

Two Poison-Type Partner Pokémon:

Gengar

Crobat

Reasons for liking Poison-type Pokémon:
    Every time I play through any generation, I always find myself utilizing at least one of these guys. They've always appealed to me, and know how to work their way onto my teams. Don't even get me started with they're looks.

When Gen 6 first surfaced, I expected one to counter the blatantly obvious idea of a Fairy-type legendary, but I guess not. It could be a jungle snake, or maybe the Golden Frog (the most poisonous frog.)???

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name:217 (or Gideon)

Pick two Poison-type Partner Pokémon:
    - Roserade
    407MS.png

- Toxicroak
    454MS.png

Reason(s) for liking Poison-types:
    I've relied almost exclusively on Poison-types since Gen I, they're my jam and absolute beasts when properly utilized. I also adore their visual designs, for the most post.

I would want some sort of Chimera, possibly with multiple forms, one of which is a pure-Poison type and the snake's head, another could be Poison/Fire with the goat or lion's head and the last could be Poison/Electric or Water type with the remaining head.

Name: Infinityy

Two Poison-Type Partner Pokémon:

Gengar

Crobat

Reasons for liking Poison-type Pokémon:
    Every time I play through any generation, I always find myself utilizing at least one of these guys. They've always appealed to me, and know how to work their way onto my teams. Don't even get me started with they're looks.

When Gen 6 first surfaced, I expected one to counter the blatantly obvious idea of a Fairy-type legendary, but I guess not. It could be a jungle snake, or maybe the Golden Frog (the most poisonous frog.)???

So it's been a loooooooong while, but now that I'm moved in and settled I'm back! Also I've picked another Pokémon of the Week:

Spoiler:

Weezing!

Ruby Pokédex: Weezing loves the gases given off by rotted kitchen garbage. This Pokémon will find a dirty, unkempt house and make it its home. At night, when the people in the house are asleep, it will go through the trash.

So that bump in the night is less scary, though possibly more deadly. -holds breath-

Weezing is one of my favorite Pokémon because it's pretty versatile. It learns quite a few good moves and can stand up to attacks very well. It's one of those simple designs for a Pokémon, but I actually still like it a lot.

Reactions: Sun
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back