• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] ☆ Sapphy's attempt at art .。*゚+.*.。(❁´◡`❁)。.。:+* (Updated Februari 6 2021)

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
As the title states, I've picked up digital art again after 8 years and am trying to improve and showcase my attempts. Hopefully so others and myself can watch me improve and possibly give me pointers?

Pokémon related

Added Februari 6
Mudkip!
Spoiler:

Added Februari 1
Catherine - Pokémon Spear Trainer OC owned by Gimmepie
Spoiler:

Added Februari 1
Haleigh - Pokémon Spear Trainer OC owned by FenFen
Spoiler:

Added Februari 1
Raphael - Pokémon Spear Trainer OC owned by Jay
Spoiler:

Added January 2
Pokemon OC Pia My OC from the Pokémon Spear RP in the RP corner
Spoiler:

Added November 18
Aeliana Trainer OC - Commission for Stinging Bea/Alby
Spoiler:

Added October 24
Halloween Charmander
Spoiler:

Added October 13
Happy Pikachu
Spoiler:

Added October 5
Halloween Bulbasaur
Spoiler:

Added September 22
Dragonair with flowers:
Spoiler:

Added September 20
Rowlet
Spoiler:

Added September 19[Commission For Stinging Bea/Alby for Dragon's Pirate PMD RP]
Spoiler:

Made September 13[Remade the Eevee from my previous attempt and gave it a different pose]
Seraphina
Spoiler:

Made September 8 [But was sketched on normal paper before that]
Surprised Pichu
Spoiler:

Made September 6 2020 [First attempt after not having drawn in 8 years]
Cuddly Eevee
Spoiler:

Others

Added January 2
Soul of the White Mage: (FFXIV)
Spoiler:

Added January 2
Soul of the Warrior: (FFXIV)
Spoiler:

Added November 26
Fat cat mount and Fat cat minion
Spoiler:

Added October 19
Aries in the stars
Spoiler:

Made September 11[Commission for MurkMire]
Spoiler:

P.S: I took inspiration from Sheep's gallery :x

Last edited:
Years
The fact your this good after only just coming back to art is mildly infuriating. Your linework, colour and shading are all really good, especially on Seraphina's ribbon.

I think that you should possibly have tried doing some blending with Pichu's apple instead of doing the hard divide between the red and yellow. It would make it feel more like a fruit than something painted on. Try playing around a bit with transparency and glow dodge on your highlights too.

Some of the creases on Murk's comm are a bit much too. Primarily the one across his chest, it feels like it shouldn't be there for the position he's in

Overall though, you're doing a fantastic job.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Commission For Stinging Bea/Alby

Quinn the Rowlet
Spoiler:

The fact your this good after only just coming back to art is mildly infuriating. Your linework, colour and shading are all really good, especially on Seraphina's ribbon.

I think that you should possibly have tried doing some blending with Pichu's apple instead of doing the hard divide between the red and yellow. It would make it feel more like a fruit than something painted on. Try playing around a bit with transparency and glow dodge on your highlights too.

Some of the creases on Murk's comm are a bit much too. Primarily the one across his chest, it feels like it shouldn't be there for the position he's in

Overall though, you're doing a fantastic job.

I already responded to you on discord haha but Thank you <3 I showed you the reason the "apple" was drawn the way it was because it's actually a Leppa berry :)

I kept being dissatisfied with Murk's comm but the reason might be because of the creases you mention so thank for pointing that out.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oooh sapphy, you're so good! I especially love the special Rowlet 😍 looks like it comes straight out of official media!

Sapphire Rose

Years
Oooh sapphy, you're so good! I especially love the special Rowlet 😍 looks like it comes straight out of official media!

Ahhhh thank you so much 😍<3

I made a new one too! Another Rowlet~ Same pose, different drawing style and expression!

Spoiler:

Sapphire Rose

Years
the surprised pichu, ahhh so soft and pure!!! T_T

I'm tbh really proud on that Pichu as it was one of my first drawings in 8 years <3 I'm glad you like it 😍

Also made another new one!

Dragonair with flowers <3
Spoiler:

Years
This work is lovely! People mistake how hard it is to get some really good looking flowers in stuff! Your choice of blue roses to go with the yellow parts really is quite good.

Sapphire Rose

Years
This work is lovely! People mistake how hard it is to get some really good looking flowers in stuff! Your choice of blue roses to go with the yellow parts really is quite good.

Thank you <3 The blue roses were actually supposed to be a reference to blue dragonair :D I'm recreating the same piece with a blue dragonair instead and that one has pink flowers as a reference!

Sapphire Rose

Years
I made something to celebrate Halloween this year <3 I'm so happy I finally get to join the seasonal drawings events as an artist. I always missed out on those.

Halloween Bulbasaur
Spoiler:

Years
I really like this! The pose and expression of the bulbasaur is very cute! A pumpkin bulba is such a good idea

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
The coloring and shading on these is amazing. I really like how you added the flowers on Pikachu's ears and back. The pumpkin on Bulbasaur's back is also a really stand out idea. Backgrounds on these images would really make these idea's even pop more so. Such as the Bulbasaur in a forest or maybe even a graveyard for a Halloween feel.

Sapphire Rose

Years
The coloring and shading on these is amazing. I really like how you added the flowers on Pikachu's ears and back. The pumpkin on Bulbasaur's back is also a really stand out idea. Backgrounds on these images would really make these idea's even pop more so. Such as the Bulbasaur in a forest or maybe even a graveyard for a Halloween feel.

Thank you for the feedback <3

I'm still practicing on background so for now I try to give them simple background that compliment them c: I do intend to give them more detailed background at some point!

Sapphire Rose

Years
New piece in which I practiced shadows and lights and background drop + color dodge/multiply:

Aries in the stars
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
Halloween Charmander <3 This one took me super long but I'm happy with the results. I feel like it couldn've been done better so please give me tips on how to improve!

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I love your Charmander.....its adorable. The costume is simple yet still cute.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
You have a cute artstyle there! I love the smooth, coloured outlines that gives your drawings a much more softer feel to them as well as the shading looking softer. Looking forward to seeing more of your works!

Sapphire Rose

Years
Wow! That's beautiful! Usually, when I check someone's art it mostly looks like a childish drawings

You have a cute artstyle there! I love the smooth, coloured outlines that gives your drawings a much more softer feel to them as well as the shading looking softer. Looking forward to seeing more of your works!

Ah thank you so much both of you 😍 It brings me joy that you like it <3

Back