• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1 + 1 = potato

Years
    I'm fairly good with arithmetic ....mildly okay with stuff like algebra and trig, anything more advanced than that and forget it, I'll start definitely having problems with grasping it. I'm still surprised I pass calculus as well as I did.

Yeah, I was never much of a math person. :P

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    It's weird, because I can do basic math in my head. I rarely use a calculator. But I can't really hold numbers in my head, so it's slow mental calculations as I make sure that I read the numbers correctly and have them in the right places.

I just transpose numbers, putting them in the wrong order. And then when letters are tossed in, or the symbols (less than and greater than were the absolute bane of my first-grade year), then everything gets confusing.

Geometry was fun, though! That was the only math class I ever passed.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    don't forget that 2 + 2 = 5.

Math was a great subject for me...until I reached 9th grade when I had to take Algebra 1. My teacher was an eyesore, he literally tarnished my interest in that subject simply because he was no help at all. He was always hard to understand too. :( And I wanted to take math because I wanted to pursue a career in science.

Although my hatred in math dragged me over to college/university, I still managed to pass all math classes up to College Algebra. I'll be taking Pre-Calculus sometime in the third quarter at my university, as well as Calculus 1.

Years
    I love math! Algebra comes really easy to me, and I enjoy solving algebraic problems, but geometry and calculus are a bit more difficult for me to comprehend/enjoy, but I'm still rather good at them!

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I really enjoy math - I'm actually working toward a bachelors degree in it right now. The thing is, I'm really more into the theoretical aspects and the concepts. I can do computational math but I rely on a calculator a lot for the simple addition/subtraction, multiplication/division, and some derivatives and integrals. If I don't use my calculator I'll usually make a computational error somewhere and end up with an incorrect answer despite understanding (and properly using) the correct methods to approach a problem.

Back