• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

10 year old dies after imitating Gaara from Naruto

Years
    I feel really bad for him actually, when I was 10 I used to do crazy stuff but I'd nver let anyone (hardly myself) even touch my face let alone put sand on it. I guess 3 years ago 10 year olds were smarter (not trying to make that last part come out mean).

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    That's really sad, sweeties. ;-; I feel sorry for the family's loss, but...

where the heck were their parents? D=<

Also...does anybody know Neruto and his sandbox burying jutsu?</really bad joke>

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
    Years
    I feel bad for the family of the kid, but on the other hand he was 10 years old, i think at that age you would be able to determine fact from fiction and what you can and cant do in real life. Even if he idolized Garra why would he even get an idea to let his friends bury him in sand *headfirst!*, and why was nobody checking on then once and awhile?
    Sometimes I wonder why the world is like this...

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I don't watch Naruto, but this is kind of disturbing, isn't it?

Sesshoukid

Tell the truth and run.
    Years
    I'm 13 and I love to watch Naruto. I've watched it since it came on when I was 11. I do feel sorry for the kid and his family. A thing the a few people got wrong was the time Naruto comes on. It comes on at 9. Adult Swim on Cartoon Network starts at 11. I don't agree that Naruto should be tooken off or banned, but I agree that children under 13 shouldn't watch it. If your under 13 and watch it you should be and act mature so you won't do stupid stunts. Same with teens. Most likely if they're not really immature, don't like to listen, act like children, and like to do stupid stunts they shouldn't watch Naruto, or any other fighting or dangerous shows. I watch Inuyasha, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, and other shows like that, but my mom lets me because she says I'm more mature than most kids my age and know not to do any thing bad like fighting cussing and stuff like that.

Tyko64

The sandslash user ._.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2008
    "He's just not a regular 10-year-old"

No, hes not regular, hes stupid >.<
    Who buries their face in the sand.

I feel bad.. but not too bad, im not the one who did it. xD

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    I think its pretty sad. I mean clearly its the parents who are at fault because they dont keep an eye on their children and what they watch.

I mean I myself, have a pretty wild imagination but I'm smart enough to realize that its not something that can be done in real life...just because my favorite character can do it doesnt mean I can.

Parents are the ones that need to tell their kids that what they watch isnt the real thing. I mean when you're talking about Naruto or Pokemon, that's something they need to understand is fiction...but if its like Barney or Sesame Street they arent actually putting themselves in danger of anything and can believe that Barney is real or even big bird for instance.

This is why we have so much anime getting turned into kids shows...like one piece for example. It's because the parents always think, "Oh well my child is old enough to realize that stuff isnt real." They never pay attention to what kids watch. Parents seem like they become more and more careless every day and letting them watch rated R movies...or any show that is for adults only. You wonder why kids end up killing themselves for doing things they see on TV and that's because they dont know the difference between what can actually happen and what can't.

Sorry if this seems a bit offending but that's just how I view it.

Barbossa

Tainer Yeesha
    Years
    yeah, people are stupid... did you hear about the death note scare? where the high school kid, wrote other HIGH SCHOOL kid's names in a notebook, and they FREAKED out and went crying home to their parents, because they thought it was the death note... yeah... stupid

Years
    anyone can die anyway at anytime but im not sure if this is the real reason he died, if he actually really did!

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    this is one of the many shows causing kids to do stupid things, I say ban naruto and lucky star(before its tooo late)

In earlier pokemon epsiodes ash got his face blaster with fire from his charmeleon/charazard, and has also gotten a few thousand volts from pikachu... perhaps we should ban pokemon as well before someone trys to withstand a electric shock, or tries running into fire?

People do stupid stuff. And i coulda sworn that naruto was rated 13+... Meh, parents fault for not paying attention to what their kid watches.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    QUOTE: Quantrille said Codey was buried roughly from his head to his chest. At some point, he began thrashing around, but the children apparently thought he was playing.

Quantrille said the other children initially thought Codey, buried from his head to the top of his chest, was joking when he started to thrash around. By the time they got help, the boy had already stopped breathing. Adults at the house tried unsuccessfully to administer CPR before emergency medical personnel arrived.

The boy was transported first to Providence Everett Medical Center and was later flown to Seattle, where he remained in critical condition at the children's hospital until his death Monday.

I guess that's the whole story. It's a strange way to die. I have to agree in no way can letting yourself getting buried be 'bright' (is that what they called this kid?), however this kid had enough curiosity to imagine this formula up, so in that respect he IS bright. It's not so much this kid's fault as it is his friends though. His friends didn't stop burying him when he was hurt--I guess their bullying mob mentality overuled their common sense. It was said the friends thought he was just playing, but we all know that's pretty much an excuse for going too far.

However, he might've really strongly believed he'd gain Gaara's powers by being buried. If so, what made him believe it? Is it really just the show, or maybe someone he trusted convinced him?

I'm just going to go with the fact that the immaturity (inevitable, I guess) and meanness of his friends was the biggest cause of this. The fact that something happened in a cartoon cannot not be blamed for this, it was his friends' choices & doings. Not having or being old enough to listen to common sense. Overall, caused by mob-ish kids doing their usual naughty things, unintentionally causing much more harm then they cared to realize during the act.

It could be worse. Back in 2000 Turkey banned Pokémon because two children imitated the show.
    LOL

Z o M B ii 3

Upgrade your Grey Matter.
    Years
    That sucks.
    Not only for the parents but for the friends.
    They are going to need large amounts of Therapy for this one.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I don't know what to say. I'm sorry for the family, but the kid obviously isn't bright whatsoever.

When I was around his age, I never did or even dreamt of doing something like this. It's unbecoming.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
    Gosh, who ever thought cartoon could actually make someone die... I feel sorry for the family... Couldn't really blame the kid coz he's a kid... Well, i just hope the government wont start banning anime's... LOL!! Owh yeah, this reminds me... There's this 30 something year old japanese guy who beats his mother to death after watching an anime... Not sure which one... this one is stupid if ya ask me.....

Back